Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password (24899 Views)

How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? / How To Change Nairaland Password / Who Is Your Nairaland Person Of The Year(2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Mamayam: 10:50pm On Jan 18, 2023
Seun:
The captcha kicks in after the first attempt.

Boss, the Captcha doesn't work o. Clicking "verify that you are human" displays on captcha, goes straight to the homepage.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Guderian(m): 1:43pm On Jan 29, 2023
Seun help with this pls.

I dunno why i was blocked

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Kobicove(m): 12:36am On Jan 31, 2023
Olamilekxy:

Redesign of what ?

Nairaland is a forum site not social media.

I don tire for these people who are always shouting redesign all the time
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by o123456789(m): 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2023
The problem with nairaland.com is not only password guessing, the website is insecure, don't you think it will be wise to put up a "bug bounty program" to properly secure nairaland.com?
Cc: seun
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by nwetadinobi042(m): 10:06am On Jul 02, 2023
How can I change my username here boss?
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have observed an ongoing password guessing attack against Nairaland members. The perpetrators have obtained a list of thousands of usernames and passwords from hacked websites & are systematically trying those passwords on Nairaland to take over your accounts.

If you have used your Nairaland username and password on other websites, they may be able to log in to Nairaland as you, mutilate your profile and send spam messages with your name. To prevent this, please change your Nairaland password to a unique password asap.

For the dozens of Nairalanders whose accounts have been affected, you would have gotten an unexpected login notification from Nairaland. All you need to do to secure your account is to logout, reset your password with this form, and correct your mutilated profile.

For those who are affected, we may scramble your password and log you out to force you to change it. Don't be alarmed. Just logout and reset your password with this form to regain access to Nairaland.

We have taken measures to slow the perpetrators down severely, but it's up to you to make sure that your password is secure.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Kinds Of People You Would Find At A Fighting Scene! (PHOTOS) / I Need A Technician To Fix This... / Hurray!!! Nairaland Is 10 Years Today!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.