Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,496 members, 7,847,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:02 AM

Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need (242 Views)

The Features We Want On Nairaland / The Redpill Doesn't Always Work. I Rarely Works On Smart Women. / “Women Rarely Speak Up About Financially Supporting Their Male Partners” – Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need by iPrincess: 5:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
Nairaland is a fun place to be. We'll, at least sometimes.

And if you get the hang of it, it's fun all the time.

But then there are just some features that are almost... Useless?

If that means features that we don't use or rarely use, then there are a few we can point at.

But before I do that, I think this forum is a lot due for some new features. Lolz, I know you are already thinking up something.

Some not so useful features of Nairaland

1. Share button should be replaced with upvote

I think the share button is just there. It doesn't really mean anything to anyone.

I mean we all know that we can gain followers but the "followed/follower" relationship here is not that strong like that of Twitter.

So even though we know that there are followers, few people are concerned about their followers.

And most people do not bother with things shared to them.

When was the last time you browse and really read things "shared with you"?

Instead I feel an upvote button will be better. With an upvote button, you can vote on a comment. The more votes, the higher the comment will go.

This way, a good comment on page 5, can actually become the first comment by popularity and acceptance instead of through "booking space".

You like that?

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need by iPrincess: 5:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
2. Emojis

I love the current emojis. Especially this one grin and this one cheesy

Those are the only code I have in my head, I struggle to use the rest honestly.

While I don't think seun should totally replace all the emojis, I think he should allow people to use emojis directly from their keyboard.

Just as they would normally when chatting on any other platform.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need by iPrincess: 5:40pm On Jan 11, 2023
3. Direct Messages

I feel nairaland interactions should remain on nairaland.

Or better still, if both parties want to take it off, then it should be at their discretion.

Oga seun, should remove and do away with the current messaging feature.

Replace it with a chat feature. Let people be able to chat with DM.

It should come with a block button though.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need by iPrincess: 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2023
4. Add Currency

I mean, everyday, hundreds or thousands of people buy and sell on this platform.

There are even sections for direct business to business deals.

Why allow them take it off the platform and open doors to scammers?

Here's something I suggest: oga seun should create a currency system.

Something like NLN (nairaland naira). This currency can be pegged against the naira such that NLN1=NGN1.

People can fund their accounts and then buy and sell on this platform with the special currency. And if they want, they can withdraw to their bank.

A huge market I feel considering the number of businesses being transacted here.
Re: Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need by hbk001(m): 5:48pm On Jan 11, 2023
iPrincess:
3. Direct Messages

I feel nairaland interactions should remain on nairaland.

Or better still, if both parties want to take it off, then it should be at their discretion.

Oga seun, should remove and do away with the current messaging feature.

Replace it with a chat feature. Let people be able to chat with DM.

It should come with a block button though.

SECONDED.
Re: Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need by virtue123(m): 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
brilliant idea.. seconded
Re: Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need by Sheistoopretty(f): 6:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
Jj
Re: Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need by naIraiaND: 6:15pm On Jan 11, 2023
Very good suggestions

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need by Snitch24(m): 6:30pm On Jan 11, 2023
There should also be an escrow service
With a reasonable amount as service charge
Re: Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need by Truthsoldier(m): 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2023
Unfortunately this may not get to Seun,one Mod may decide to push up articles like "Bob risky undergoes more plastic surgery on shim bum bum"
OP oil dey ur head I think we can do business

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need by BlackMan6969(m): 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2023
Show who likes a post, with emojis
Re: Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need by faceLAGOS: 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2023
I doubt if the owner really care.

The forum is just like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need by Vinnie2000(m): 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2023
We also need a 'MOST INTELLIGENT NAIRALANDER OF THE YEAR award..

The Person will go get it in the Site's Office at the End of the Year. smiley

Then Also, 'ZOMBIE OF THE YEAR' Award. undecided cheesy
Re: Nairaland Features We Rarely Use. And Those We Need by Red02(m): 6:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
Will this get to front page...... I don't know

If it does good

(1) (Reply)

Are You Saying That Most Of The Reason Why You Settle Down Is That She Got Preg / Premature Ejaculation (help) / Photos: DJ Cuppy Graduate From Oxford University In United Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.