Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,486 members, 7,861,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:44 AM

Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest (25533 Views)

I Want To Appear In Court But I’m Afraid Of Arrest — Yahaya Bello / Tinubu Secretly Returns To Nigeria, Cancels US Trip Over Fatigue / Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by Okhuadams(m): 4:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
dre11:
EXCLUSIVE: Embattled CBN chief Emefiele secretly returns to Nigeria

PREMIUM TIMES also learnt that Mr Emefiele is planning to leave the country again, very soon.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/575205-exclusive-embattled-cbn-chief-emefiele-secretly-returns-to-nigeria.html
All because he change color of money and reduce withdrawal no wahala
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by baralatie(m): 4:59pm On Jan 12, 2023
No p
DSS will secretly do the needful
grin
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2023
baretalk:

Don't insinuate, as for the currency change, Buhari approved it, if Buhari did not, it won't fly through, Emefiele works under the executive, but Senate have a right to scrutinize him. Think, people saying he is being witch hunted because APC people or governors don't like the policy are lying and foolish, because the policy to change the naira notes was agreed to, and approved by Buhari. Think please.

Like I said, I want him prosecuted.

What I don't like is that if he was bad all these years, why wasn't he arrested a long time ago.? Why was he reappointed?

Seems like we keep doing this in Nigeria over and over again.
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by blowjohn(m): 5:04pm On Jan 12, 2023
Romanoff:

Why are so many politicians against this policy?

Oh u mentioned only politicians?

Shudnt that tell us that it's probably politically motivated?

So far, even economically, nothing has changed.
That's even wit the billions that have been returned.
Inflation is still high.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by Elidrisy20: 5:07pm On Jan 12, 2023
Bring back our old naira notes
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by JoeNL22(m): 5:09pm On Jan 12, 2023
nairalee:

Bro I'm gradually losing faith. If the interest of 133 people can supersede that of over 133m poor people then there's no hope in sight anytime soon
It remain 43 days. Let's not lose hope.
Let's continue to strive for a better Nigeria. 100 years down the line, our children will thank us for fighting for them and we will have stories to tell our grandchildren that we fought for justice, fairness and Equity. For with Obi, through you and me, a better and new Nigeria is PO'ssible

Let me drop sum inspiration for you....... grin
Check below!

Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by onuman: 5:09pm On Jan 12, 2023
Gestapo Country. Whoever wields the guns is supremo. No law and order.
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by lexy2014: 5:10pm On Jan 12, 2023
BossGerald:

Dey play you hear

how does CBN policy prevent vote buying? is CBN the govt agency responsible for tackling vote buying or electoral malpractices? what concerns CBN and vote buying?
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by Romanoff(f): 5:10pm On Jan 12, 2023
blowjohn:

Oh u mentioned only politicians?

Shudnt that tell us that it's probably politically motivated?

So far, even economically, nothing has changed.
That's even wit the billions that have been returned.
Inflation is still high.

The politicians have an ulterior motive ni.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2023
Manny21:
This guy don show politicians oba. He refused to print new Naira notes and block plans of stacking of the new notes for vote buying. Any money kept for election now will be useless by January 31. You see why all of them are using DSS to call for his head. He now the beautiful and at the same time the ugly bride.

grin
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by lexy2014: 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2023
Romanoff:

Why are so many politicians against this policy?

how are politicians against the policy? you didnt answer the questions.

"What do u know are the gains of this policy?

If u claim it will prevent vote buying and neglect the economy consequences then is it a good thing?

It's the rich that will do the vote buying. It's tje poor that will suffer.

Why wasn't the policy done since?

And why is he running helter-skelter?"
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by onuman: 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2023
FarahAideed:
He will one day be surely arrested for economic sabotage whether he likes it or not

So said Muhammadeen Farah Aideed.
Nigeria's economy was wrecked by your Boko Haram and ISWAP fighters fighting for a country to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal laws; the same Sharia criminal laws adopted by the political and religious leaders of the 12 northern sharia states.
Do you know how much tourism money Nigeria loses every year due to Islamists insurgency in Nigeria? Some countries survive by tourists money.
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by JoeNL22(m): 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2023
Justiceleague1:

It's so horrible,bro...Nigerians who should be happy that we now have a golden opportunity to change things for the better but we are still blinded by inconsequential things!!!!!!
We are still interested in bringing to power the same set of people who have been making life hell for Nigerians!!!!!!
Pastor Tunde Bakare once said it,that he doesn't know the kind of big JuJu they have done to blindfold Nigerians!!!!!
We just need to strive on and hope for a better tomorrow. To also pray our labour for a new Nigeria will not be in vain. Broda. We are almost there. Let's continue to give people hope and spread the gospel of justice, peace and unity. Which is, for with Obi, a new Nigeria through you and me is PO'ssible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by Jocdon(m): 5:15pm On Jan 12, 2023
Romanoff:
I've never liked this man but on this policy, I stand with him.
And i like you
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by NigerianAngelo(m): 5:15pm On Jan 12, 2023
FarahAideed:
He will one day be surely arrested for economic sabotage whether he likes it or not

Farah Aideed Mustapha munk'uali

I hereby change your name to Michael Patrick.
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by onuman: 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2023
Justiceleague1:

It's so horrible,bro...Nigerians who should be happy that we now have a golden opportunity to change things for the better but we are still blinded by inconsequential things!!!!!!
We are still interested in bringing to power the same set of people who have been making life hell for Nigerians!!!!!!
Pastor Tunde Bakare once said it,that he doesn't know the kind of big JuJu they have done to blindfold Nigerians!!!!!

Deeply Vested ethnic and religious interests,
Nigeria of many countries forced into one. That's behind your lamentations.
Oyibo will not allow multi ethnic and multi religious country in Europe.
Multi ethnicity and religious country is a ticket to failure for the country.
Every Nigerian knows that one Nigeria is not going to work at the long run, but let's grab the national cake beforehand, is the creed for Nigeria's groups.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by Bobbiee: 5:25pm On Jan 12, 2023
So after all the nonsense about Buhari wanting to fight corruption. Now we see who he truly his.
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by Schrodinger2(m): 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2023
Romanoff:
I've never liked this man but on this policy, I stand with him.

Hypocrisy! Standing for mediocrity because you think he's doing your IPOB Pandora candidate a favour.

You guys are sometimes daft in your reasoning, thinking that the policy will affect BAT and Atiku if they actually wanted to buy votes on election day.

Go back and read the policy, you can withdraw any amount you want if you're willing to pay 5% charge on withdrawals above the stipulated limit.

Now, you think again, those that have billions of naira (BAT & Atiku) to buy votes will also have the means to pay that minute 5%, if they really mean business to buy votes. (It is like buying a car and also having the means to fuel it)

That policy is for the poor masses like you lots in that Country. Finally, BAT is your next president.

PS: I used to like your post before you got married, but since this election, you've been talking trash!

1 Like

Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by TOMMYS: 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2023
lexy2014:

is it the job of CBN to prevent vote buying? what concerns CBN with vote buying and electoral malpractices? what makes you think that if politicians need new notes, they cant get it? how has the economy improved with the printing of new notes?

Help me tell am say new note no hard for politician to get.

Open ur eyes jare.
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by biotechshola(m): 5:32pm On Jan 12, 2023
Today they'd blame the govt for the hike in exchange rate, tomorrow they'd claim Emfiele is being witch-hunt by the DSS... Confused set of humans!!

1 Like

Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by Romanoff(f): 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2023
Schrodinger2:

Hypocrisy! Standing for mediocrity because you think he's doing your IPOB Pandora candidate a favour.

You guys are sometimes daft in your reasoning, thinking that the policy will affect BAT and Atiku if they actually wanted to buy votes on election day.

Go back and read the policy, you can withdraw any amount you want if you're willing to pay 5% charge on withdrawals above the stipulated limit.

Now, you think again, those that have billions of naira (BAT & Atiku) to buy votes will also have the means to pay that minute 5%, if they really mean business to buy votes. (It is like buying a car and also having the means to fuel it)

That policy is for the poor masses like you lots in that Country. Finally, BAT is your next president.

PS: I used to like your post before you got married, but since this election, you've been talking trash!

I've never prayed for a block option on Nairaland more than today.

I for say make you kuku block me.
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by eeetuk(m): 5:36pm On Jan 12, 2023
Premium Times"In the application, the SSS wanted the court to order the arrest of the CBN governor over alleged “acts of financing terrorism, fraudulent activities and economic crimes of national security dimension.”

Court was right to reject order to arrest CBN governor for one reason. You don't arrest someone based on allegations. You follow the facts. So, SSS should stop witch hunting.
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by Diligence: 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
If you want Buhari to withdraw support totally from Tinubu, just show Bubu That on Thisday Newspaper, 11 April 1997, that Tinubu said: " I don't believe in One Nigeria."

Guz: Take Back Your Country
RetireTinubu&Atiku
RescueNigeriaNow
LabourForwardEvee
ObidientlyYuseful
Obi-DattiNow
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by rummmy: 5:48pm On Jan 12, 2023
The cabal is after him..
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:28pm On Jan 12, 2023
GOOD STRATEGY NO. VOTE BUYING AND BIVAS IN ACTION.THIS ERECTION GO SWEET WEELA!HAA!!!! grin
Emefiele is a wiz kid,he has done well.Did his part well to restore Nigeria to true democracy,making our PVC vote count.Hallelujah! BUhari don win. grin grin
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by BreakingNews21: 6:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
Premium Times has become a trash news outlet with all these sources say and they have learnt things. Learnt from whom, name your sources if you and them have the liver to do do or stfu with these hens rumor mongering things substituting for apex journalism.
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by dochenaj: 6:53pm On Jan 12, 2023
Kobonaire2023:
Yes , personally he should be arrested....but the thing is, he is being arrested not because he did bad things...otherwise he would have been in jail years ago...he is being arrested because he did things he should not do.
Emefiele is clueless and in bed with the Cabal, there is no doubt about that else he should have been removed or at least a second tenure shouldn't have been approved by Buhari.

But this selective persecution has something else behind it. It is not just for his criminality but because he refused to play ball.

However, I could care less about what happens to him. As he made his bed, he should lie on it.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by Upworkwriter007(f): 6:59pm On Jan 12, 2023
BossGerald:
Whether secretly or not...that CBN's money policy has come to stay.

Vote buyers and gazelle gagaraga explainers shall wail till infinity.

Vote Obi for a better Nigeria.
CBN policy should stay, but Emefiele should go.
Re: Emefiele ‘Secretly’ Returns To Nigeria Amidst Fear Of Arrest by blueAgent(m): 7:02pm On Jan 12, 2023
baretalk:
The secret tape, released by Sahara shows emefiele is a thief man. Let security operatives and agencies do their work. Stop supporting public officials stealing your money, because of politics. Mumu people.

Hypocrite, but am sure you support Tinubu. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Senators' Truce Talks Upset Saraki’s Alliance With PDP. / Buhari Chides SGF For Not Inviting Orubebe To Democracy Lecture / Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Secretary Blinken In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.