Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,659 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw (4124 Views)

Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report / Nigeria Overnight Rate Spikes, Naira Stabilises As CBN Curbs Liquidity / Nigeria, Brazil Sign Mou Onn144bn 700MW Power Plant Tobe Built In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by blacksta(m): 11:06am On Sep 05, 2011
Electricity supply has stabilised at 3,700 megawatts, after a recent system collapse of the facilities of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), which resulted in almost complete darkness across the country for three days.

PHCN suffered the system failure after Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) closed the Utorogun Gas Plant in Ughelli, Delta State, following the discovery of “sabotage leak” at the gas pipeline.

The incident disrupted gas supply to PHCN’s gas-fired power plants, resulting in substantial drop of electricity supply across the country.

The Utorogun Gas Plant and Chevron’s Escravos Gas Plant are the main sources of gas supply to the Nigerian Gas Company (NGC), a subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), which supplies gas to PHCN’s gas-fired plants across the country.

The country’s electricity supply had peaked at 3,800mw for few hours on August 2010, before it started the current fluctuations. Before last week’s system collapse, PHCN had earlier recorded 11 system collapses this year, whereas for the corresponding periods in 2008, 2009 and 2010, the figures were 36, 33 and 27, respectively.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/system-collapse-power-supply-stabilises-at-3-700mw/97784/
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by blacksta(m): 11:07am On Sep 05, 2011
Na wa ooo - Another GEJ A_S_S LICKING eddiotttt said electricity had increased by 150%

these people have no shame at all shocked
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by Johndoe100(m): 11:15am On Sep 05, 2011
blacksta:

Na wa ooo - Another GEJ A_S_S LICKING eddiotttt said electricity had increased by 150%

these people have no shame at all shocked

You see, we who are in Nigeria actually live the stuff we post. We have had UNINTERRUPTED supply of power for the last week. Sorry I don't have a link to any report.
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by blacksta(m): 11:22am On Sep 05, 2011
Johndoe100:

You see, we who are in Nigeria actually live the stuff we post. We have had UNINTERRUPTED supply of power for the last week. Sorry I don't have a link to any report.

How anybody could arrive at 150% increase in power generation baffles me. Historically records clearly confirms for the last 5 years power generation has hovered around 2500 mw to 4000 mw - Again i ask where is the 150% increase. Fact that you have 24 hours of electricity does not automatically equate to a 150 % increase - Please check again the source of the your power - I think it is a diesel generator grin
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by 1025: 11:22am On Sep 05, 2011
it is funny how jonathan and his cabinet are turning all of us to engineers over night. even inside the market, u will see market women and men talking about megawats and percentage. okada men even discuss electricity in megawats, kilowats and percentage.
outside nigeria, commoners discuss power supply under steady and unsteady.
please somebody help me tell joe, nnaji and their colleagues, that not every nigerian is an engineer. we want to hear steady and unsteady which are the languages of common men.
at the end of the day, all we want is steady power supply like other countries of this world. do we have steady power supply? answer is no. when are we having that? answer is even joe and nnaji are not sure? on the other hand, is corruption part of this administration? the answer is yes and it is worst because we are yet to hear the our efcc has taken one man to jail. shame to pdp and their supporters.
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by Johndoe100(m): 11:45am On Sep 05, 2011
blacksta:

How anybody could arrive at 150% increase in power generation baffles me. Historically records clearly confirms for the last 5 years power generation has hovered around 2500 mw to 4000 mw - Again i ask where is the 150% increase. Fact that you have 24 hours of electricity does not automatically equate to a 150 % increase - Please check again the source of the your power - I think it is a diesel generator grin

I am sure that very close to you and 1025 is a boko haram bomber you both can hug.
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by OAM4J: 2:57pm On Sep 05, 2011
When are we going to cross the 4,000mw mark? It's like its taking forever.
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by lovejo(m): 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2011
i was in Nigeria for 2 months between June and August, in my area we enjoyed at least 18hrs electricity per day, and i also went to my area before i relocated my house they said it was so weird that they use electricity for 3 days uninterrupted and they were not use to it and telling PHCN to take it off for some time. This may not be general but i think the power sector is improving than before.
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by logic101: 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2011
Johndoe100:

typical nigerian with a high level of ignorance and apathy.
3700mw watts available and probably the area you live has your so-called un interrupted power supply.what about the rest of the country.
You should be scratching your head and thinking how on hell does nigeria in 2011 produce only 3900 mw of electricity.
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2011
blacksta:

The country’s electricity supply had peaked at [size=13pt]3,800mw for few hours on August 2010,[/size] before it started the current fluctuations. Before last week’s system collapse, PHCN had earlier recorded 11 system collapses this year, whereas for the corresponding periods in 2008, 2009 and 2010, the figures were 36, 33 and 27, respectively.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/system-collapse-power-supply-stabilises-at-3-700mw/97784/

See . . . . notice the date? Since August 2010 output has falling, and is only now heading back up to where it got, for a brief moment, a year ago.
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by chines4(m): 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2011
Come in shakes his head and goes out, what a news?
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by Johnpaul2k2(m): 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2011
why can't our power be still angry angry angry angry
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by JUO(m): 4:49pm On Sep 05, 2011
and that community no get light and road
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by Greenslim: 5:01pm On Sep 05, 2011
We are still hovering at 3700mw, where is the so called increase in Megawatt.
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by aieromon(m): 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2011
Light has been constant for some days in my yard.I like the stability.
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by tikinclock: 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2011
Johndoe100:

Which part of Nigeria do you live in? Even Jonathan's temporary quarters(Aso Villa) has not had uninterrupted power supply for the last week. Right now I am running my generator. MUNTULA
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by werepeLeri: 10:18pm On Sep 05, 2011
why is it that those who live outside Nigeria are the ones who talk the most about power in Nigeria even when they only read about it in the press? its like they have nothing worthwhile to do? and when you try to correct them, they point you back to the newspapers? LOL. more than sickening.,
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by Guardian(m): 10:46pm On Sep 05, 2011
CAN SOMEONE SIMPLY GIVE ME A HINT OR ANSWER ?

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE INTEGRATED POWER PLANTS THAT OBASANJO INITIATED AND COMMISSIONED.

WHAT A COUNTRY, NIGERIA.
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by Seaen(m): 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2011
Its like something is changing. we've been having power steadily in my area for the past 2 days. its wonderful.
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by Demdem(m): 8:24am On Sep 06, 2011
grin grin grin grin Interesting grin grin grin grin
GEJ dull no be small.
After more than one year in power, GEJ has successfully added approximately less than 0.002Megawatts to the national grid (august 2010 -3800MWs) despite the fact that existing power projects were in existence before he came to power.
yet someone will tell me that we dont have a foolish President.
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by member479760: 8:28am On Sep 06, 2011
nothing good can happen to black country rule by black person!
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by werepeLeri: 9:29am On Sep 06, 2011
nakedall:

nothing good can happen to black country rule by black person!

meaningless crap.
Re: System Collapse: Power Supply Stabilises At 3,700mw by scopusng(m): 9:33am On Sep 06, 2011
na today? e don teh

(1) (Reply)

100% OVER 1.5 GOALS PREDICTION(30/09/15) / Need 1000kg Jumbo Bag Urgent / Someone Pls Clear My Head On This Forex Trading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.