Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces (4547 Views)

I Refused My Husband From Sleeping With Me. See Why? / Anytime My Husband Is Angry, This Is My Way Of Apologising To Him / His Wife Always Gets Angry Because He Leaves The Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Houseofglam7(f): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by OssyMalik: 7:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
Pressure your in-laws to report the useless father to welfare. How can he just abandon his kids? Your wife isn't working yet she has the guts to accommodate extra mouths in the house.
Mtscheew

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by ibechris(m): 7:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
U are just a good Nigerian.

Speaking your mind is good.

And that sets you apart honestly.

If anyone calls u a bad name,let them take up the responsibility if they think it is easy.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Moh247: 7:17pm On Jan 13, 2023
cococandy:
How are they orphans if their father is alive?

I pity the kids... This is Nigeria without social welfare system... The three months old would go through hell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Mindlog: 7:22pm On Jan 13, 2023
Since your in-laws are reluctant in reporting the deadbeat father, they should shoulder the responsibilities or better still, go drop the older kids at their father's family home, his relatives will smoke him out to come take care of his children while your in-laws focus on the twins.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by 123readygo: 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2023
Explain to her in details your current financial status and she will reason with you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by kingscare1(m): 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2023
Oga no go do pass yourself.
Do the ones you can and leave the rest you can't.

My advice, send money periodically to whoever that is taking care of them, face your home. It's not bad attitude but it's knowing your boundaries and defining your home.

Please don't let your wife manipulate you through emotional jabs, at the end you are the one that would suffer the financial burden. Man up and help financially when you can. Keep your home sane.

But if you have the capacity to take care of them in your home why not, they are precious as your kid, but if you can't leave am.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by michlins(m): 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2023
cococandy:

Should they send the kids to you? I’m sure you won’t die either
read to understand and not just to reply
Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Cutehector(m): 8:02pm On Jan 13, 2023
michlins:
Honestly, this is a very dicey situation. There's no right or wrong situation here.

While you're protecting yourself from unwarranted financial burden, the orphans will be taken care of. Your wife is looking at the kids as her own blood and no one will want his or her own to suffer

Reporting the man to welfare means nothing. I don't have any advice for you brother.

But in all honesty, take the twins, you won't die.
are you the one to feed them?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Cutehector(m): 8:03pm On Jan 13, 2023
Oboh662:

I am the breadwinner my wife isn't working
she should get her ass to do something!
Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Cutehector(m): 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2023
OssyMalik:
Pressure your in-laws to report the useless father to welfare. How can he just abandon his kids? Your wife isn't working yet she has the guts to accommodate extra mouths in the house.
Mtscheew
don't mind some women in this category, they will be jobless yet be castigating men who work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by sisisioge: 8:09pm On Jan 13, 2023
They have 6 children! It is well.

You cannot afford the extra is as simple as you stated. To drive home your point sef, let things be a bit scarce in the house so your madam can believe it. Meanwhile, I hope you learnt a lesson there about family planning.....6 children! It is well.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Oboh662: 8:10pm On Jan 13, 2023
ibechris:
U are just a good Nigerian.

Speaking your mind is good.

And that sets you apart honestly.

If anyone calls u a bad name,let them take up the responsibility if they think it is easy.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Truvelisback(m): 8:11pm On Jan 13, 2023
Oboh662:
My wife lost her immeiate elder sister , she left behind 6 children including twins who are 3 months old and a husband , the man is nothing to write home about he had abandoned all 6 children with my inlaws , he doesn't call nor send them money for their upkeep.
My wife is a nursing mother our baby is 5 months her family want us to take over the twins so my wife can nurse them but I refused because I am managing myself to provide for my wife and baby I can't afford to provide for 2 extra babies and my inlaws are not financial buoyant all the responsibility will be on me ,buying pampers and baby formula every week.
My wife is angry and she said I am heartless for refusing to accomodate these orphans.I told my inlaws to report there father to welfare so he can provide for his 6 children they don't want to report him, they said they reported him to God and they are forcing me to take his responsibility when he is alive this is something I can never do.
I don't know what part of I can't afford 3 babies they don't understand , at the moment we haven't renew our rent and I am working hard to get the money to pay the rent and she is giving me attitudes. Do I have a point or I am a bad person for not accepting them?
Tell ur wife to fend for the 2 Babies. Isn't she working?
Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Oboh662: 8:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
sisisioge:

You cannot afford the extra is as simple as you stated. To drive home your point sef, let things be a bit scarce in the house so your madam can believe it. Meanwhile, I hope you learnt a lesson there about family planning.....6 children! It is well.

My wife is on family planning no more babies until we relocate abroad
Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Oboh662: 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2023
Truvelisback:
Tell ur wife to fend for the 2 Babies. Isn't she working?

She isn't working
Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Ulunne777(f): 8:17pm On Jan 13, 2023
If as a single spouse you can't take care of your kids and your husband no get,1 or 2 is enough.
See how Orphan is flying left and right but these kids have a living father.If the reverse were to b the case,nobody will call them that.

Men need to step up,Its not by cumming,ijikwa ego iji eleta ha?
I have a relative whose kids are at an Orphanage .same story.
Woman will receive sperm,nurture it,born and still provide but only one Job provide,it is hard.

@Op,I'm short of words really .Whatever your strength can carry.You know.
My heart goes out to those kids.Dear lord,help them.The journey of life has soured for them already.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by sisisioge: 8:22pm On Jan 13, 2023
Oboh662:

My wife is on family planning no more babies until we relocate abroad

Good....imagine if your in laws had only 2. Your parent inlaws wont have any issues caring for the kids now. Imagine, they had 6! It is well.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Oboh662: 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2023
Admin don't push this to the front page

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Oboh662: 8:25pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ulunne777:
If as a single spouse you can't take care of your kids and your husband no get,1 or 2 is enough.
See how Orphan is flying left and right but these kids have a living father.If the reverse were to b the case,nobody will call them that.

Men need to step up,Its not by cumming,ijikwa ego iji eleta ha?
I have a relative whose kids are at an Orphanage .same story.
Woman will receive sperm,nurture it,born and still provide but only one Job provide,it is hard.

@Op,I'm short of words really .Whatever your strength can carry.You know.
My heart goes out to those kids.Dear lord,help them.The journey of life has soured for them already.

Thanks
Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Truvelisback(m): 8:25pm On Jan 13, 2023
Oboh662:

She isn't working
Stand ur ground! She is emotionally manipulating u and making u feel heartless and have guilty conscience. Don't fall for her emotional trick. Tell her u can't. If she want to fend for the 2 babies, let her do it.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Oboh662: 8:29pm On Jan 13, 2023
Truvelisback:
Stand ur ground! She is emotionally manipulating u and making u feel heartless and have guilty conscience. Don't fall for her emotional trick. Tell her u can't. If she want to fend for the 2 babies, let her do it.

Thanks I won't fall for her emotional blackmail because it will not put foods on our table or pays our rent

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Ulunne777(f): 8:32pm On Jan 13, 2023
Oboh662:
Admin don't push this to the front page

Go to the first post you made,click on modify and add this thing you wrote here.

Is your wife the only sibling?
Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by stanvesco(m): 8:34pm On Jan 13, 2023
Oboh662:
My wife lost her immeiate elder sister , she left behind 6 children including twins who are 3 months old and a husband , the man is nothing to write home about he had abandoned all 6 children with my inlaws , he doesn't call nor send them money for their upkeep.
My wife is a nursing mother our baby is 5 months her family want us to take over the twins so my wife can nurse them but I refused because I am managing myself to provide for my wife and baby I can't afford to provide for 2 extra babies and my inlaws are not financial buoyant all the responsibility will be on me ,buying pampers and baby formula every week.
My wife is angry and she said I am heartless for refusing to accomodate these orphans.I told my inlaws to report there father to welfare so he can provide for his 6 children they don't want to report him, they said they reported him to God and they are forcing me to take his responsibility when he is alive this is something I can never do.
I don't know what part of I can't afford 3 babies they don't understand , at the moment we haven't renew our rent and I am working hard to get the money to pay the rent and she is giving me attitudes. Do I have a point or I am a bad person for not accepting them?

Inside dis hard economy. You did what U have to do. Although your wife could try to breast feed those babies. If she's lactating heavily and no working she can breastfeed dem alongside hers.....

Have a written down agreement for everything including who foots the bill later......feeding don cost now oh
Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Oboh662: 8:36pm On Jan 13, 2023
Ulunne777:

Go to the first post you made,click on modify and add this thing you wrote here.

Is your wife the only sibling?

Thanks . No they are 7 her late sister was the first and my wife is the second , her other siblings are still young

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by meobizy(f): 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2023
Oboh662:

Edit : admin do not push this to the front page
Snapshot. OP will delete this story later. I’m saving it for reference.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by oshonwambada: 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2023
Moh247:

God bless all men, to be a man isn't a easy task...

The marital vow is for better for worse and you should take them in but your wife must work also..

They are young orphans please help them, accommodate them...

Funny thing is life isn't gurranteed, many would view this thread today and never return to their family alive. For God sake help the orphans anyhow you can

May you be blessed for having this kind of understanding Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by GboyegaD(m): 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2023
You have done well been sincere with yourself as to what you are capable of handling. While it is understandable why they want your wife to take over since she is also nursing a baby however, it is unfair for them to want to force you to take over if they are not going to provide for the twins and think you should carry more responsibility than you can bear.

My advice is having a round table discussion with your in-laws since your wife thinks she wants to take the responsibility (the reason she is angry) on how you cannot afford it for now however, if they are willing to share in the financial responsibilities for the twins, then allow your wife while you also support the best way you can. May the family never experience this kind of pain again in Jesus Name.

NB: I would love if you could consider their age and take them under your care but you know where the shoe pinches so I can't force you to.
Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by dawnomike(m): 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
Oboh662:

Edit : admin do not push this to the front page
I admire your courage to face the reality of things... If you can't cope with it, do nor agree to it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Mrkumareze(m): 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
Moh247:

I only pleaded for him to take them in and for them not to turn another Almajiri

He owes them no care or love...

But I will still plead with him to show them love

A man who's finding it diffult to even care for his own family U want him to add more load??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by GboyegaD(m): 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
sisisioge:

Sometimes, one is forced to be emotional. Some men are worse than scums and in recent times, I have read/met/known some of such men and it is a big shame.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Angry Because I Refused To Accomodate Her Nieces by Egoat(m): 9:21pm On Jan 13, 2023
Moh247:

God bless all men, to be a man isn't a easy task...

The marital vow is for better for worse and you should take them in but your wife must work also..

They are young orphans please help them, accommodate them...

Funny thing is life isn't gurranteed, many would view this thread today and never return to their family alive. For God sake help the orphans anyhow you can
How are they orphans, please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

After Yrs Of Marriage,she And Her Ex-boyfriend Still Secretly Communicate.advice / How Long Did It Take You To Conceive / Two Wives, Two Different Countries?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.