Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,930 members, 7,814,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy (31079 Views)

10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 / 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well / 9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by WiszyFraud: 10:48am On Jan 14, 2023
Some things prevent us from being happy. We need to notice these things and give up on them to be satisfied.
We need to be serious about it, or we will miss the opportunity to be happy in 2023.

1. COMPLAINING:
We spend a lot of our energy on complaining, but complaining just exhausts us.

2. LIMITING BELIEFS:
These are the source of self-doubts, fears, worries, etc. Most people are prisoners of self-limiting beliefs.

3. BLAMING OTHERS:
If something can create endless fights and discussions that are blaming others. Skip this habit, and you will avoid a lot of negative emotions and useless fights.

4. NEGATIVE SELF-TALK;
Make a little experiment. Avoid negative self-talk. Try it for one month. And you will notice more positivity in your life.

5. DWELLING ON THE PAST;
You can’t change your past. Accept it, learn the lesson, and try to create a life worthy of living.

6. RESISTANCE TO CHANGE:
Be open-minded. Learn to adapt to the environment. If anything you need to learn that is to know how to overcome resistance to change.

7. THE NEED TO IMPRESS OTHERS:
If you want to impress others, you become the servant of these people. Try to impress yourself.

8. THE NEED TO ALWAYS BE RIGHT:
It is normal to not be always right. Perfectionism can create a lot of problems. Don’t take it tragically if you are not right, during our whole life we learn something and improve ourselves.

9. THE NEED FOR OTHER’S APPROVAL:
Be free and independent. Approvals of others will make you passive, dependent, and reactive.

Happy Weekend Y’all ✌️

125 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by WiszyFraud: 10:48am On Jan 14, 2023
Did you know??

The cells in your body react to everything that your mind says. Negativity can bring down your immune system. Staying positive improves your immune system.

✌️

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by Bmaster(m): 11:08am On Jan 14, 2023
op,you miss to add this.

10.STAYING BROKE
11.VOTING INCOMPETENCE AS UR PRESIDENT

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by JASONjnr(m): 11:32am On Jan 14, 2023
Nice one.....

If you practice all of the above, people will call you an egoistic person. Or someone that's very proud.

Most times, you just have to deal with these things at work place and so that you won't step on people's toes....And lose out on your chances for office goodies.

12 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by bigdammyj: 6:59pm On Jan 14, 2023
Reading...
Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by money121(m): 6:59pm On Jan 14, 2023
Ok
Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by Jestin: 6:59pm On Jan 14, 2023
Happiness is free and I have chosen happiness over my worries. Las las everything will be alright

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by LilMissRobbie(f): 6:59pm On Jan 14, 2023
12. SUPPORTING A BED-WETTING KLEPTOMANIAC

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by BigDawsNet: 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
Stop gambling

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
If you don't stop supporting APC, you can never be happy

In fact, you never see anything yet

#BeWise

We can't move from frying pan to fire

38 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by bonechamberlain(m): 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
angry 6-10 are facts. When you overcome them. You enjoy total freedom.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by sukkot: 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
hmmm number 3 will be hard for ipob and obedients grin
Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by MrDoGood(m): 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
No manual.... Just mind your business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by Brendaniel: 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
10. Supporting Tinubu

4 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by Houseofglam7(f): 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
You forgot to add social media lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by samogo1: 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
My number one is to give up on APC grin

20 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
Una don start with these una half-baked motivational write-ups this new year!

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by joshjc(m): 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
I'm suffering from number 2,can anyone give me any suggestion to overcome it?
Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by EmekaBlue(m): 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
What am I reading here I don't know already.

You can do all these and still be HAPPY

The main plug on planet earth to be Happy is to atleast have enough money to pay your bills and sustain your life.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by Shezkid01(m): 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
13. Supporting and defending Blue bla lu
On nairaland and can't even make the loserban list talk less of youth wing
Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by TGreatGatsby: 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2023
Dis drink too, it makes u loco

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by HEBEI: 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2023
cool shocked shocked
Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2023
Believe in yourself always

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by davibid: 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2023
At the end na God get final say, #GRACE

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by Killerbag36: 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2023
kiss
Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by Rebuke: 7:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
Ok. Happy new year to everyone here and all the reasonable mods.

This is to let yhu all know that I am back. I wish to give a little exposition to the atrocities some of the mods here commit daily.

First of all, below a screenshot of one of the reasons a mod here banned for a month plus.

I quickly took a screenshot of this post because I saw another banning coming after just coming from another one and I wasn't disappointed.

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by Rebuke: 7:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
Back here. Okay, why was I banned? Look at the screen shots below.

I hope the same mod ban me again to proof his power here. @Seun, I have mentioned yhu many times telling yhu to caution yhur over zealous mods. They cannot just hide their hypocrisy, no can't.....

Check thoroughly to see the comment I replied and tell me who actually deserved the ban.

My joy is that, not matter what, I expressed myself and the person I replied to - saw it, so it changes nothing, it's what it is.

The last images shows the "reporter's" daily act here and once yhu react to to curtail his excesses he cries to his mod and he comes to ban yhu.

Feel free to ban me again grin grin

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by Rebuke: 7:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Some things prevent us from being happy. We need to notice these things and give up on them to be satisfied.
We need to be serious about it, or we will miss the opportunity to be happy in 2023.

Happy Weekend Y’all ✌️

Nice one OP
Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by milkySperm(m): 7:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
Really
Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by WibusJaga: 7:05pm On Jan 14, 2023

In summary, just avoid being Unhappy. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy by SPAMBOX7: 7:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
10. Seeking validation/attention

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop / At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC / Trailer Crushes Female NASPOLY Final Year Student To Death (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.