Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,594 members, 7,847,508 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:16 PM

Going To Ibadan For The First Time - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Going To Ibadan For The First Time (12876 Views)

A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful / Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K / Air Peace To Commence Flights To Ibadan, Bags Excellence Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by BoboKush(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lee99:

I'll be going for a meeting at the Federal Secretariat Ibadan

Around bovas bodija some cheap hotel dey..... Stay around bodija.... Low budget hotel dey tho.... Is hotel feasible for 2 months.... I doubt

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by AYNL: 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
davidtemi:

grin jokes apart bro, no corner wey ashawo no dey for ibadan, and like I said, dey are very nice.
I go poly, I go university in ibadan so I knw Wella.

Them dey get new recruit from Edo and Delta every Friday

true, I live around olorunsogo felele

molete has like two brothels that I know, though I no dey patronize olosho o

but like you said they recruit from other states, I dey always wonder why those brothels are not filled with Ibadan indigenes

Ibadan is a whole lot of fun honestly

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by anzaku47(m): 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
cletz991:
Guard your skull very well.
Be vigilant
I served in Ibadan and I came back with my skull... Hahah

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Jsucre(m): 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2023
Don't forget to taste Amala Skye.

4 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Spandau: 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2023
cletz991:
Be vigilant

It's not Ogun State. So stop scaring the guy.
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Carlyboi(m): 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2023
You’re welcome to the coolest city in the whole wide world.The ancient city of Ibadan,that’s my city.

It all depends on your budget as far as accommodation is concerned a Shortlet or a hotel are the easiest options you’ve got cost of rooms per night in Ibadan averagely is 10k there are some with starting price of 20-30k tho but for most you’d be able to get a decent room for 10k or 15k at the most cos of the hyper inflation in the country and cos you’d be staying for 2months you can negotiate for a reasonable discount I’m sure the hotel would oblige,you can consider shortlets too if you’re staying longer they’d offer you discounts but for shortlets you’d be looking at 25-30k per night tho.

Considering you’d be working In the secretariat for proximity accommodation in Agodi gate/gra,Total garden,Yemetu,U.I.,Agbowo,Bodija,Samonda,Sango,would be the most suitable areas to seek accommodation.

Ibadan is a very nice city I call it a feel-good city and you can find everything here,Social life in ibadan is up there if you’re extroverted.Cost of living is relatively affordable.Have a good one man.

2 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by winner37(m): 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
My brother as you are coming be careful oo Ibadan has crazy people too though the place is nice but you have to use your tongue to count your teeth, Some people here tribalism and religious beliefs want kill them you have to be wise.
cost of living is very less expensive .

There are a lot of hostels at RING ROAD and OLUYELE but I don't really know the price oo..
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by omoluka: 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
doyin01:

False...ibadan is cheaper than lagos....but not the cheapest in South West...osogbo is cheaper.. but I prefer ibadan because ibadan is a bigger and better city in my own opinion..
I disagree, the person you quoted is somewhat correct
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by weconnect: 4:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
Holybwoy:

What kind of contract?
Op, please avoid people like this

The question is a red flag (use your brain op)

2 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Eriokanmi: 4:38pm On Jan 17, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
Eeyaahh

Abeer'Olorun... Get out

We no dey see Una post??
Try and be civil ok? Nobody is fighting you. I only refuted your comment about me. You can't term me ibo because I'm supporting obi. That's the greatest mistake most people make, that only those supporting obi are ibo. Everybody is free to support any candidate of their choice, same way Pdp was supported in 2019 in oyo and voted out the apc, the then ruling party in the state . We used to see the pdp as igbo party cos they used to dominate their region. It was osun's turn to vote the out apc recently...does this make them igbos? We claim to be the wisest but at times some.of us behave otherwise. Respect people for whoever they choose to support, ok?.

I reiterate, God forbid that I'm igbo. No ibo would ever deny where he's from,.like I jist did. Believe it or not.

3 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by davidtemi(m): 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
AYNL:

but like you said they recruit from other states, I dey always wonder why those brothels are not filled with Ibadan indigenes

Really fun place to live
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by gayman99: 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
davidtemi:

grin jokes apart bro, no corner wey ashawo no dey for ibadan, and like I said, dey are very nice.
I go poly, I go university in ibadan so I knw Wella.

Them dey get new recruit from Edo and Delta every Friday

You go soon win councilor election for Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by yetunsbay(m): 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lee99:

I'll be going for a meeting at the Federal Secretariat Ibadan
consultation fee: #150k grin let's start from there
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by yetunsbay(m): 5:33pm On Jan 17, 2023
cletz991:
Be vigilant
be sensible dear

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by davidtemi(m): 5:41pm On Jan 17, 2023
gayman99:

You go soon win councilor election for Ibadan
grin grin dey fit give Hausa man councillor nah
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
davidtemi:
Anywhere u enter in ibadan u will find ashawo house. They are very friendly, u will like it. Go to molete

Molete loun loun, i fear who no fear molete

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 5:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
Make op contact me make i carry am go chop amala iya adija shocked

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Imotman(m): 5:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
Based on the info you gave, I would say Koltol Hotels will be very great. It's almost trekking distance to the Federal secretariat and you would really enjoy it here. Came here 4 about years ago for studies and have never felt like going back to settle in Lagos.
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by davidtemi(m): 6:06pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lovalovaphunmz:

Molete loun loun, i fear who no fear molete
grin molete is there landing base, before distributing them to other brothels around. Academy olomi, boluwaji also dem full there.
Ibadan is full of life mehnn. Na light be there problem sha - very poor
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by EmmyMaestro(m): 6:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
Ibadan

I - Igbo
B - Boiz
A - Are
D - Dangerous
A - At
N - Night
grin grin grin grin
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lekomax: 6:51pm On Jan 17, 2023
I work at Federal Secretariat Ibadan. You can send me a message asap.
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by babtoundey(m): 6:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Still the cheapest today

Try some towns in Osun state, Osogbo inclusive, your definition of "cheap" and "cheapest" will take a new dimensions.

Ibadan of today is not cheap. When you consider today's cost of transport, accommodation, food and other basic necessities you won't categorize Ibadan as a "cheap" or "cheapest".

It was veeeery cheap before but the city's response to inflation rate is hyper.

1 Like

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lekomax: 7:02pm On Jan 17, 2023
@OP: I work at Federal Secretariat Ibadan. You can send me a message asap.
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lekomax: 7:07pm On Jan 17, 2023
@OP: I work at the Federal Secretariat Ibadan. You can message me asap.
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by NovusHomo(m): 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
AYNL:

A veteran of sexually transmitted ... grin grin grin
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by linconby: 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2023
It depends on the area of that contract. Try and look for trustworthy friend in Ibadan and chat with him. It is safe to have somebody trustworthy because of security purpose too
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by OlawaleBammie: 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Try and be civil ok? Nobody is fighting you. I only refuted your comment about me. You can't term me ibo because I'm supporting obi. That's the greatest mistake most people make, that only those supporting obi are ibo. Everybody is free to support any candidate of their choice, same way Pdp was supported in 2019 in oyo and voted out the apc, the then ruling party in the state . We used to see the pdp as igbo party cos they used to dominate their region. It was osun's turn to vote the out apc recently...does this make them igbos? We claim to be the wisest but at times some.of us behave otherwise. Respect people for whoever they choose to support, ok?.

I reiterate, God forbid that I'm igbo. No ibo would ever deny where he's from,.like I jist did. Believe it or not.
See u, I don't know if u re Yoruba or not, but if truly u re Yoruba then I will advise u to support whoever u want to support without grudging or insulting another candidate.

Ibos are found of always insulting others who are not inclining to their ways, u can support anybody u like and that is the beauty of democracy, but those guys will always hate on anybody who doesn't share their views.

I want to tell u something, me I am not a pvc carrier, I don't need it, but the reason it seems I support that Lagos devil is because of the hatred bn meted on the Yoruba race by these Ibos.

Last year I swear I went to my local govt secretariat to do my pvc registration just because of obi, but seeing how they are ridiculing my tribe on the net discouraged me, how will I vote for a candidate from the tribe that believe they know it all? How do I canvass for a candidate from the tribe that always talk trash of my tribe?? Never, let them continue with their obidient stuff and lemme see where it will end.

Instead of us to do away with tribalism and focus on common goals, these youths(both Ibos and yorubas) turned everything to tribal war, the yorubas are even 10% civil with their analysis and criticism, the Ibos are worse, if they can't get the best of u in an argument they turned to insulting Ur generation...lol.

Well, my pvc is in Benin, I am not collecting it, I can't vote for tinubu, I preferred obi ahead of him tho, but instead of me voting obi(causes of his followers) I would rather sleep in my house.

U can't be insulting my tribe and expect me to love u.

One last tin bro, this election tussles revealed to me that the Ibos hates Yoruba so much, the hatred u re seeing them meted on tinubu is not because he's tinubu, it's cus he's Yoruba, if osinbajo had contested ahead of tinubu he would still be called names. They hate us, they always want bad tins to happen to Yoruba, that hate to hear good news about my region, if a good news emanate from Yoruba land they always find a way to downgrade it....but one tin I love karma for is that what they wish for us is what dey are getting in many folds grin

3 Likes

Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by delpee(f): 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2023
winner37:
My brother as you are coming be careful oo Ibadan has crazy people too though the place is nice but you have to use your tongue to count your teeth, Some people here tribalism and religious beliefs want kill them you have to be wise.
cost of living is very less expensive .

There are a lot of hostels at RING ROAD and OLUYELE but I don't really know the price oo..

You obviously know very little about Ibadan. Ring road for someone going to Secretariat? Haba!

@OP
The Federal Secretariat is within Agodi GRA and close to Bodija, Idi Ape/Bashorun, Gate. Try to get somewhere to stay within that area for your convenience. UI isn't so far too as someone suggested.
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lee99: 8:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
I sincerely appreciate all the inputs, I'm moved, Ibadan has been fun for the 3 days I've been here, food is quite cheap too, I'm really enjoying myself. Thanks for all the suggestions, you can keep them coming tho because I'll be here for a while
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lee99: 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2023
dadebayo1:

Welcome to my city... you have come to pack our small money away to your base. All the best with the contract.. be careful make them Bodija babes with big bumbum no carry all your profit waka
Hahaha thanks no worry I go remain small money for una
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Lee99: 8:20pm On Jan 17, 2023
Also just to add, Ibadan is more than I expected, Seyi Makinde has done a really good job and deserves reelection
Re: Going To Ibadan For The First Time by Ow0eg0kudi: 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lee99:
I sincerely appreciate all the inputs, ... Thanks for all the suggestions, you can keep them coming tho because I'll be here for a while

Please endeavour to visit Odu'a Museum and Hall of Fame sitting atop the building that our own WS called the modern-day opa Oranmiyan at Dugbe. The curator is the best I've met in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? / Passport Office / 1 Million For Visa To Canada Or Stay Back In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.