Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 (38894 Views)

Transgender, Rikkie Valerie Kollé, Crowned Miss Universe Netherlands 2023 / Black Miss Mexico, Andrea Meza Crowned Miss Universe 2021 / Toni-Ann Singh Crowned Miss World 2019 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by nlfpmod: 9:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
R'Bonney Gabriel from the United States was crowned the 71st Miss Universe on Saturday night.

Gabriel, who last year became the first Filipino-American to win Miss USA, took the crown ahead of Amanda Dudamel from Venezuela and Andreína Martínez from the Dominican Republic.

The pageant was held in New Orleans, Louisiana, with 84 women from around the world competing for the crown.

Saturday night was the last day of the competition, with eliminations narrowing down the number of finalists until the last two remained.

When Gabriel entered the Top 5, she was asked, "Miss Universe recently made an inclusive change allowing mothers and married women to compete this year. What's another change you'd like to see and why?"

Gabriel responded that she hoped the contest organizers would increase the candidate age limit.

"For me, I would like to see an age increase because I am 28 years old. And that is the oldest age to compete. And I think it's a beautiful thing. My favorite quote is 'if not now, then when?' Because as a woman, I believe age does not define us. It's not tomorrow, it's not yesterday -- but it's now. The time is now," she said.

Houston-native Gabriel is a model, fashion designer, and sewing instructor who prioritizes the environment in her work.

Earlier in the pageant, Gabriel donned a red-orange cape inspired by a rising phoenix with the maxim "if not now, then when," which she had dyed herself. The words take inspiration from her father's advice to act on goals, dreams and desires.

In the final question and answer segment of the competition, the Top 3 contenders were asked how they would work to demonstrate Miss Universe as an empowering and progressive organization if they won the title.
Gabriel said she would use the platform to be a "transformational leader" and emphasized her passion as a force for good in the fashion industry by cutting down on pollution and using recycled materials in making clothing pieces.

"I teach sewing classes to women that have survived from human trafficking and domestic violence. And I say that because it is so important to invest in others, invest in our community, and use your unique talent to make a difference," Gabriel said.

"We all have something special and when we plant those seeds for other people in our life, we transform them and we use that as a vehicle for change."

This year's pageant was organized for the first time by JKN Global Group PCL, a Thailand-based media distribution company, after tycoon and transgender rights advocate Anne Jakkaphong Jakrajutatip bought the Miss Universe Organization for $20 million in October.

Jakkaphong has been outspoken about her experiences as a transgender woman, and is also the first woman owner of the pageant.
She made an appearance onstage to award the ImpactWayv Challenge winner to Thailand's Anna Sueangam-iam, honoring her commitments for social good.

Miss Thailand had in the preliminary rounds of the pageant made waves in a dress made of soda tabs -- a tribute to her humble beginnings and her parents' work as garbage collectors.

https://edition.cnn.com/style/amp/miss-universe-crowned-rbonney-gabriel-usa-intl-hnk/index.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by God1000(m): 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
So miss universe is different from miss world.

Too many miss this, miss that.

From Miss local government to miss state, country, continent and global.

Someone just reminded me of miss nairaland as well, though I'm not sure if we have one, who is the person?

This is why too many young girls nowadays dream of becoming models

And they live lavishly

Na waoo

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by Rahkman: 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
Mtsseeew

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by aylagos(m): 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
How this news take concern us for 9ja at the moment? People should go and get their PVC should be on the from page of this forum daily not irrelevant News like this.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by Metroplan4: 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
She's really beautiful, congratulations to her

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by Sheistoopretty(f): 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
She's Beautiful kiss smiley

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
God1000:
Congrats to her.

So miss universe is different from miss world.

Too many miss this, miss that.

From Miss local government, to miss state, country, continent and global

Miss local govt Keh?

Ogbeni be calming down small-small nah!
grin

* modified *

Aah!
I nor knw say somtin like Miss Local govt beauty pageant dey na!
ee shock me ni!
shocked

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by MissOpe(f): 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
Congratulations dear...

I hope when you see my congratulations you'll reach out to me and appreciate me for it....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by Agbadocassava: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
We’ll soon see; meet the new Nigeria president, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Una good evening

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by motionarena: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
Shm

See as she be like pankere with no package.
Indeed beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by Sistan: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
So gorgeous

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by Osuman(m): 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
I tired oh.
Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
She is 28. Though looks like a toothpick. Congratulations to her.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
What's the substantial or true value to be gained from this enterprise or endeavour??

The New Era shall not recognise something like this. So we are not impressed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
How do they come up with these names?

What’s R’Bonney?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by ItsTutsi(m): 9:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nawoa!! This one wai look like sickle cell patient

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by Abujahouseman: 9:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
They’re all beautiful
Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by BigYash: 9:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
Hmmmm,she suppose win Miss Teeth join undecided She no even fine reach some of our naija girls,only say the love of money and non being intelligent, don make person tire for them.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by osejie17(m): 9:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
grin Na miss planet I dey wait for

1 Like

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by NaijaCover(m): 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
IS HERE
Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by Pandev(m): 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
ItsTutsi:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by ehissi(m): 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
Hmmmmm.......Too skinny!! Somebody give that gurl some food, like pounded yam or something.....Chai

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by Urheadmaster(m): 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
You get eyes problem tongue
ItsTutsi:
Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by Dshocker(m): 9:34pm On Jan 15, 2023
My kinda woman
Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by jeromestarks: 9:34pm On Jan 15, 2023
Even if she's Miss Cosmos, she has failed as a woman If she's not married to the man who disvirgined her.

No glory on earth can match the glory God gave her (Virginity). Once that is lost, all is lost. Only empty case in bright colors.

Don't give your best (commitment and love) to a woman who gave her best (virginity) to another man. Only a fool would do that. Are you the fool?

Fvck any girl you want but when it comes to marriage, find a virgin woman and marry. Virgins are rear. They are rear gems. They are the true Miss Universe. Only a virgin woman deserves your love and devotion.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by olabolaji(m): 9:34pm On Jan 15, 2023
Buh y'all didn't even give aliens from other planets to contest now grin grin

1 Like

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by safindakas(m): 9:34pm On Jan 15, 2023
Congrats to her. But this lady no fine shall. E get one babe for my back yard. Omo c yeah, hot legs, breast normal size and she com tall join. That babe fine pass dis babe.

7 Likes

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by Kobicove(m): 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2023
Since the pageant is now owned by an Asian company expect more Asians or their descendants to win it undecided

2 Likes

Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by Triangles1(m): 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2023
They said the beautiful one are not yet born.
Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by Bode2: 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nah Miss Nairaland remain now!
Re: R’bonney Gabriel Crowned Miss Universe 2022 by JeffreyJunior: 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
Ike gwuru. embarassed

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? / Dress Patterns Pdf Download With Sewing Instructions- Are You Interested? / Evelyn Chukwujekwu Crowned Mrs. Nigeria United Nations 2021 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.