Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:18 PM

If God Has A Son.... - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Has A Son.... (3462 Views)

When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu / You Are Not A Son But "Goat" - Leke Adeboye Slams RCCG Pastors / Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 8:35am On Jan 27, 2023
MrPRevailer:

I already clearly pointed it out. But you don't meditate on the scriptures. You are just aiming to efficiently reply me with your carnal mind.

Read the verse and see for yourself if it's not what I clearly pointed out. So you can know you are the one being unreasonable

Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Who's is the Lamb?
Oga, you did not. You said that the other spirits are subject to Christ and I agree with that, but that was not the point at all. The point was that God is the Father of our spirits. Our spirits came from him just as the spirit of Christ came from him. That's what the Bible teaches. The verse you quoted, has no place in the present discussion. It's another off-point verse. Please understand the topic and question before contributing.
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 8:38am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:

Oga, you did not. You said that the other spirits are subject to Christ and I agree with that, but that was not the point at all. The point was that God is the Father of our spirits. Our spirits came from him just as the spirit of Christ came from him. That's what the Bible teaches. The verse you quoted, has no place in the present discussion. It's another off-point verse. Please understand the topic and question before contributing.

Another one.

Revelation 1:10 "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
1:11 "Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea."

Who is speaking in verse 11?
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 8:38am On Jan 27, 2023
MrPRevailer:

Okay. The topic says "if God has a Son"

I want to ask you. If God has a son, doesn't that mean you are worshipping two or three gods?
Bible says "Hear o Israel, the Lord YOUR GOD IS ONE".

You Christian are a blasphemer. Prove me wrong.
God has millions of Sons.
Job 38.7 7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? So your question about worshiping 2 or 3 Gods does not even count.

For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) but to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 8:41am On Jan 27, 2023
MrPRevailer:

Another one.

Revelation 1:10 "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
1:11 "Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea."

Who is speaking in verse 11?
Please sir I perfectly understand this verse but please what point are you trying to make? Please tie the verse to an argument. Does this verse mean that Jesus Christ is the only spirit to come from God? Does it mean that Jesus Christ is the only son of God? What is your point?
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 8:42am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:

God has millions of Sons.
Job 38.7 7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? So your question about worshiping 2 or 3 Gods does not even count.

For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) but to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him

So you are not only worshipping one son, you are worshipping millions of sons of God?

You are definitely a pagan and a blasphemer. I can never believe in your God.
BIG FAIL.
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 8:43am On Jan 27, 2023
MrPRevailer:

So you are not only worshipping on son, you are worshipping millions of sons of God?

You are definitely a pagan and a blasphemer.
The verses I quoted never asked you to worship the millions of God's sons. So if you choose to do so, you are on your own.
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 8:46am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:

Please sir I perfectly understand this verse but please what point are you trying to make? Please tie the verse to an argument. Does this verse mean that Jesus Christ is the only spirit to come from God? Does it mean that Jesus Christ is the only son of God? What is your point?

Ok, so you agree that it speaks of Jesus Christ.

Is God the Alpha and Omega?
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 8:47am On Jan 27, 2023
MrPRevailer:

Ok, so you agree that it speaks of Jesus Christ.

Is God the Alpha and Omega?
Yes he is. So what is your point?
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 8:50am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:

The verses I quoted never asked you to worship the millions of God's sons. So if you choose to do so, you are on your own.

You are a confused person.
You said Jesus is one of the many Sons/Spirits of God. Doesn't it then mean they should be worshipped?
Why are you worshipping only Jesus then? What makes him different?
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 8:53am On Jan 27, 2023
MrPRevailer:

You are a confused person.
You said Jesus is one of the many Sons/Spirits of God. Doesn't it then mean they should be worshipped?
Why are you worshipping only Jesus then? What makes him different?
No, I did not say that Jesus is one of the many sons of God. It was the bible that tells us so. Again, God did not tell us to worship all his sons. Just because you are a son of God does not mean you should be worshiped.
Remember, Psalm 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
This does not mean we worship our fellow man just because they are Gods
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 8:58am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:
Yes he is. So what is your point?

Ok, you haven't gotten the absolutely obvious point yet?? ? Let me quote this

John 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; "but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

If God is the Alpha and Omega,
By Jesus saying I am Alpha and Omega, he is saying he is God.
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 9:02am On Jan 27, 2023
MrPRevailer:

John 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; "but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

If God is the Alpha and Omega,
By Jesus saying I am Alpha and Omega, he is saying he is God.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
or though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) but to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Put these 3 verses together and there you find your answer. But if you seek further explanation, let me know
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 9:03am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:

No, I did not say that Jesus is one of the many sons of God. It was the bible that tells us so. Again, God did not tell us to worship all his sons. Just because you are a son of God does not mean you should be worshiped.
Remember, Psalm 82:6
This does not mean we worship our fellow man just because they are Gods

Then why are you worshipping Jesus, you blasphemer.

Show me where does the bible say Jesus is one of the many Sons of God?
And since he is the same as other sons of God why worshipping only one Son of God of the many??

1 Like

Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 9:07am On Jan 27, 2023
[quote author=MrPRevailer post=120415465]

Then why are you worshipping Jesus, you blasphemer. We worship Jesus because he is our Savior and we are commanded to do so.

Where does the bible say Jesus is one of the many Sons of God? Job 38. God asks Job where he was when the foundations of the earth were laid, when the morning stars sang together, and when all the sons of God shouted for joy

And since he is the same as other sons of God why worshipping only one Son of God of the many?? He is not the same, He is the first Son of God and the Lamb of God. He is the chosen one.
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 9:10am On Jan 27, 2023
[quote author=MrPRevailer post=120415316]

John 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; [b]"but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

You brought up something interesting here but refused to read the next verse for Jesus's answer.
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 9:12am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
or though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) but to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Put these 3 verses together and there you find your answer. But if you seek further explanation, let me know

So you are saying here that Son of God, Jesus is God and other Sons of God in the book of Job are Gods?
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 9:15am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:

You brought up something interesting here but refused to read the next verse for Jesus's answer.
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

He said we are gods because he created us in his image and likeness and gave Man dominion over his creatures. Also, we are created to live forever.

And the small g is used. Not the big G which is for God alone.
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 9:16am On Jan 27, 2023
MrPRevailer:

So you are saying here that Son of God, Jesus is God and other Sons of God in the book of Job are Gods?
No, I am not. I am saying that of all God's children, he chose Jesus Christ his first son. Hence we do not worship other Gods or Lords. Thats why I quoted.
1 Corinthians 8:5-6 KJV
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) but to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 9:20am On Jan 27, 2023
He said we are gods because he created us in his image and likeness and gave Man dominion over his creatures. Also, we are created to live forever. No, this is your wrong but personal opinion. Creating us in the Image of God does not make us God. If we create a robot in your Image, does it make it you? We are Gods because we are Sons of God. Our spirits came from God.

And the small g is used. Not the big G which is for God alone. You must learn that in both ancient Hebrew and greek, there were no small letters. That was added to the English bible Hundreds of years later. So again, you are wrong.
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 9:21am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:

No, I am not. I am saying that of all God's children, he chose Jesus Christ his first son. Hence we do not worship other Gods or Lords. Thats why I quoted.
1 Corinthians 8:5-6 KJV
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) but to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6 is not referring to the Son of God in Heaven but of demons and demigods which are worshipped.

"For there be that are called gods". Small g again.

So the millions of Sons of God in Heaven created the Heaven and the Earth?
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 9:25am On Jan 27, 2023

1 Corinthians 8:5-6 is not referring to the Son of God in Heaven but of demons and demigods which are worshipped.
Please point out the scripture to show it was talking about demons. Stop guessing. Do demons live in heaven? For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth

"For there be that are called gods". Small g again. I already taught, there was nothing like small g when the bible was written in both Greek and Hebrew. If you don't believe me, do your research and you will learn.
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 9:26am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:

He said we are gods because he created us in his image and likeness and gave Man dominion over his creatures. Also, we are created to live forever. No, this is your wrong but personal opinion. Creating us in the Image of God does not make us God. If we create a robot in your Image, does it make it you? We are Gods because we are Sons of God. Our spirits came from God.

And the small g is used. Not the big G which is for God alone. You must learn that in both ancient Hebrew and greek, there were no small letters. That was added to the English bible Hundreds of years later. So again, you are wrong.

Our spirits are formed from the womb. We are not existing in heaven before we came here.
Only Adam was formed and God breathed into him "the Breath of Life". Not a spirit or Spirit of God".

To your second question, so we can write God as a small g (god)?
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 9:30am On Jan 27, 2023

Our spirits are formed from the womb. We are not existing in heaven because we came here.
Oga, are you really a Christian? Now learn, Ecclesiastes 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Zechariah 12
The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
It's written in Black and White, your spirit was formed within God, not within your mother. Just like the spirit of Jesus Christ, your spirit was also formed within God.
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 9:31am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:

Please point out the scripture to show it was talking about demons. Stop guessing. Do demons live in heaven? For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth

"For there be that are called gods". Small g again. I already taught, there was nothing like small g when the bible was written in both Greek and Hebrew. If you don't believe me, do your research and you will learn.

Humans call angels of God and Darkness, gods in different cultures of men.
The hosts of heaven are worshipped by men in various religions.

Deuteronomy 17:3 "And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;"
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 9:32am On Jan 27, 2023
MrPRevailer:

Humans call angels of God and Darkness, gods in different cultures of men.
The hosts of heaven are worshipped by men in various religions.

Deuteronomy 17:3 "And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;"
Even the verse you quoted did not call them demons. Learn to read and trust the words of the scripture.
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 9:37am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:
Even the verse you quoted did not call them demons. Learn to read and trust the words of the scripture.

I should be the one telling you that.
You that try to twist the scripture and claim it's not like this/that in the Hebrew or Greek translation. You have come up with that excuse more than once.

I already just expantiated on that. It did not necessarily mean only demons but also angels of God, demigods, giants, sun, moon, stars included who are worshipped as gods by men.
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 9:41am On Jan 27, 2023
[quote author=MrPRevailer post=120416318]

I should be the one telling you that.
You that try to twist the scripture and claim it's not like this/that in the Hebrew or Greek translation. You have come up with that excuse more than once.
Baba, humble yourself. A google search is all it takes to learn these days. There is no excuse for ignorance.

I already just expantiated on that. It did not necessarily mean only demons but also angels of God, demigods, giants, sun, moon, stars included who are worshipped as gods by men. This again is your opinion. Make use of the scripture. You are not in a position to explain anything.
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 9:47am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:

Ffydyydy

Ok so you trust google and Wikipedia to interpret the Scriptures for you and not the Holyghost.

Do you know how many time google has been wrong on many topics? On religion, vaccines, covid-19, on medical ailments and cures.
And you really did not know that google is changing the definition of words.

Google trustee grin

Please try to use the function to quote me lol
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 9:55am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:

Please as least copy and paste the contents of the verses you want me to discuss.
Neither John 8.42 nor John 16.27- 28 called Jesus Christ the spirit of God.
Are these the verses that made you decide that Jesus was the spirit of God?

Jesus Christ created the world in John 1.1-5

You said Jesus created the world according to John 1:1-5 but he is not the Spirit of God.

Then who is that in Genesis 1:2 and 3?

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

Take note that the Bible does not say the "SpiritS of God". But the Spirit of God.
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 9:57am On Jan 27, 2023
Ok so you trust google and Wikipedia to interpret the Scriptures for you and not the Holyghost. Now you are being childish. I did not ask you to interpret with Google. I just wanted you to learn that when the bible was written, there was nothing like small letters.

Do you know how many time google has been wrong on many topics? On religion, vaccines, covid-19, on medical ailments and cures.
Ok Oga, don't use google go and pray to find out if there were small letters in Ancient greek and Hebrew. Now you are happy, right?
Re: If God Has A Son.... by MrPRevailer(m): 10:00am On Jan 27, 2023
tctrills:

Ok so you trust google and Wikipedia to interpret the Scriptures for you and not the Holyghost. Now you are being childish. I did not ask you to interpret with Google. I just wanted you to learn that when the bible was written, there was nothing like small letters.

Ok Oga, don't use google go and pray to find out if there were small letters in Ancient greek and Hebrew. Now you are happy, right?

Even without research/articles which sometimes are works of carnal men, or men full of errors,
The Spirit of God alone will let you discern that the G is reserved for the Almighty God.
And small g for men and idols/gods served by men. And it will accordingly have been approriated by Holy men who wrote the Hebrew books.

Alot of claims abound. Including that there are hidden Bibles. Banned books, secret books of the bible etc. Doesn't make those claims true
Re: If God Has A Son.... by tctrills: 10:02am On Jan 27, 2023
[quote author=MrPRevailer post=120416703]

You said Jesus created the world according to John 1:1-5 but he is not the Spirit of God. The bible said Jesus Christ created the world not the spirit of God. Unless you have a different bible.

Then who is that in Genesis 1:2 and 3? Explain what you mean?

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. [b]And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."[/b] Oga I believe you are very intelligent and you understand English. It says the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. It did not say the spirit of God created the earth.

[b][b]Take note that the Bible does not say the "SpiritS of God". But the Spirit of God. [/b]Yes, we have other names for the Spirit of God, we also call it the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost. It is not Christ or any other spirit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Viaro Bares It All - His views on Religion. / Children Church Bombed By Boko Hara,m!!! / Rccg Sunday School Manual Lesson 11: “victory Over Sin” – November 13th , 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.