Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. (33927 Views)

Aproko Doctor Has Been Fighting For His Life. / Aproko Wins 5 Million Naira And A Car As The Next Naija Comedy Star / I Was A Bus Conductor For Years - Small Doctor Reveals (2) (3) (4)

Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Lumenasblog(m): 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2023
Popular Nigeria health influencer, Dr. Chinonso Egemba better known as Aproko Doctor, has revealed why he had his brain tumour surgery in Nigeria and declined suggestions by friends and well wishers to have the surgery overseas.

Egemba on Monday morning via his social media platforms, opened up about his health issue with Craniopharyngioma, which simply means brain tumour.

In a series of tweets, however, Egemba further revealed that he believed in the Nigeria health-sector and is dedicating his life to see the country’s health-sector succeed.

Posting a picture of the doctor who operated on him, Egemba wrote, “It was Dr. Tayo Ojo, a neurosurgeon here in Nigeria that did the surgery. So many people begged me to leave the country to get the surgery done, but something kept me back here because I still had trust in us. We just need more investment in our health sector.

“Education, health. For me… those are the two systems any nation needs to succeed. I’m dedicating my life to seeing that they succeed in our country Nigeria. I hope you see it too.”

Captioning the video, as seen on his Twitter page, Egemba wrote, “Throughout December of 2022, I was fighting for my life. I went blind in one eye on the 3rd of December 2022 and on the 5th, I was diagnosed with a brain tumour.

“Today, I stand here before you to share my story. It has been a long road to recovery but each day is better than the last.”

While speaking in the video, he said, “One thing to understand is that health issues can happen to you regardless of who you are, including me.

“For the past three weeks or two weeks, I have been fighting for my life. Some of you have no idea. It happened that I was diagnosed with Craniopharyngioma which is a brain tumour and I had no idea I would be sharing my story.

“Here I am sitting on this seat sharing my own story about how I had a tumour in my brain. It was so bad that I couldn’t read out of my phone anymore to the point where this eye, I couldn’t read with it and it was also closing. They said it is a Craniopharyngioma and we need to do surgery to remove it.”

Over the years, Egemba has used his videos to enlighten people via his social media platforms, about health related matters and life changes that can improve and maintain good health.

He is also the executive director of the 100kClub, a non-profit organisation that lends medical support to Nigerians who need health assistance

He has also won numerous awards for his health advocacy in the country’s social media space.

Egemba got married to fellow influencer, Chiamaka Nwakalor better known as Chef Amaka, in June of 2020

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Jashub: 4:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
You're a dreamer if you think Nigeria and her health sector will ever get better.

13 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by 9gerian: 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2023
Congratulations to the doctor. May your healing be permanent!

Thank you to Dr Tayo Ojo for being part of those that have not abandoned the Nigerian health sector.

Lumenasblog:
Popular Nigeria health influencer, Dr. Chinonso Egemba better known as Aproko Doctor, has revealed why he had his brain tumour surgery in Nigeria and declined suggestions by friends and well wishers to have the surgery overseas.

Egemba on Monday morning via his social media platforms, opened up about his health issue with Craniopharyngioma, which simply means brain tumour.

In a series of tweets, however, Egemba further revealed that he believed in the Nigeria health-sector and is dedicating his life to see the country’s health-sector succeed.

Posting a picture of the doctor who operated on him, Egemba wrote, “It was Dr. Tayo Ojo, a neurosurgeon here in Nigeria that did the surgery. So many people begged me to leave the country to get the surgery done, but something kept me back here because I still had trust in us. We just need more investment in our health sector.

“Education, health. For me… those are the two systems any nation needs to succeed. I’m dedicating my life to seeing that they succeed in our country Nigeria. I hope you see it too.”

Captioning the video, as seen on his Twitter page, Egemba wrote, “Throughout December of 2022, I was fighting for my life. I went blind in one eye on the 3rd of December 2022 and on the 5th, I was diagnosed with a brain tumour.

“Today, I stand here before you to share my story. It has been a long road to recovery but each day is better than the last.”

While speaking in the video, he said, “One thing to understand is that health issues can happen to you regardless of who you are, including me.

“For the past three weeks or two weeks, I have been fighting for my life. Some of you have no idea. It happened that I was diagnosed with Craniopharyngioma which is a brain tumour and I had no idea I would be sharing my story.

“Here I am sitting on this seat sharing my own story about how I had a tumour in my brain. It was so bad that I couldn’t read out of my phone anymore to the point where this eye, I couldn’t read with it and it was also closing. They said it is a Craniopharyngioma and we need to do surgery to remove it.”

Over the years, Egemba has used his videos to enlighten people via his social media platforms, about health related matters and life changes that can improve and maintain good health.

He is also the executive director of the 100kClub, a non-profit organisation that lends medical support to Nigerians who need health assistance

He has also won numerous awards for his health advocacy in the country’s social media space.

Egemba got married to fellow influencer, Chiamaka Nwakalor better known as Chef Amaka, in June of 2020

123 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Omahleigh(f): 4:40pm On Jan 16, 2023
Receive healing

18 Likes

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by devilmaycry: 4:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
Person wey dey advise on health issue dn get issue ...

Proof that no body pass illness

67 Likes

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by habsydiamond(m): 5:10pm On Jan 16, 2023
Nigeria will be better... our politicians are the major cause of our problem. They won't invest in the health sector that's why they travel out of the country when they have headaches. They owe doctors and nurses salaries for months while their own pay is not fluctuating always coming in at when due.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by updatechange(m): 7:50pm On Jan 16, 2023
Congratulations to him… meanwhile we still have good and patriotic Nigerians who still believes In This country.

God bless u sir Dr Tayo Ojo

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Starships4u(m): 7:51pm On Jan 16, 2023
Ooooooooops,
It's well.....
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by XploraBen(m): 7:51pm On Jan 16, 2023

This life ehn, don't just envy anyone.

Everyone you see is going about with one problem or the other.

93 Likes

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Ennoloa: 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
I wish him perfect recovery; Nothing like tribalism but competence once its health and that's how it should be for everything

Vote a balanced ticket

No place in the world would a Muslim-Muslim Govt condemn the killings of Christians

Vote wisely

22 Likes

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
Jashub:
You're a dreamer if you think Nigeria and her health sector will ever get better.

It will get better if we are willing to pay the tax to make it better and /or the hospital fees to make it better.

As they do in sane countries

Modifed

In one year, OAUTH had the equivalent of 10 million dollars to spend. In one year, Mass. General hospital, boston had nearly 800 million dollars to spend.

And expecting our hospitals to perform as the American system does is magical thinking

Modified

Seems like some people don't get it.

You and your government need to make more money for Nigeria's health system to work....and it comes by paying more tax and/or higher fees. Not by pretending, as APC has done for several years, that we have enough money from oil, and taking more and more loans to cover our embarassment. World class cost money.

Modified

We spent 1.8 billion dollars on health in 2022.
Canada spent 331 billion dollars
USA spent 1.4 trillion dollars
UK spent 220 billion dollars

Even if we fight corruption, and cover all stealing...there is a reason why we are not like developed naitons.. and yes, bad leadership plays a role...our leaders do not know how to make more money.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
I luv u.
because u marry a nwafor.. not lyk ndi ozu ezi dat marry ndi afonj na ndi ugwu

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by NaijaCover(m): 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by olaboy33(m): 7:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
This begs the questions whether health conditions are a function of individual lifestyle or probably gene configuration.

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by marvellous2222: 7:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
Why you dey tell us, this na personal issue
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Brikishii(m): 7:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
Damn it!
Maybe it's because of too much water he's drinking

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by superCleanworks(m): 7:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
Eyyah. Good health is golden.
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Vello(m): 7:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
Jashub:
Idiot

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Segzy19: 7:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
Mercy and healing for him in Jesus name...

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by superCleanworks(m): 7:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
Tekino8:
Vzvxvsv

please hack my Nairaland account
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Occurstaem(m): 7:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
That's impressive

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Fmghewzy2: 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
Kobonaire2023:

It will get better if we are willing to pay the tax to make it better and /or the hospital fees to make it better.

As they do in sane countries

Don't mind that bad belle.

Anytime I hear of bad things happening in our country.

I sometimes wish it happened to unpatriotic and negative thinking Nigerians like them

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Ololademrmoney2(m): 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
I wish him the quickest recovery. But did the blindness in one eye later go? Just curious to find out.
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
devilmaycry:
Person wey dey advise on health issue dn get issue ...

Proof that no body pass illness
This guy sounds so conscious about health generally

Truly there's no best way of doing things, just live a good life and trust God

Thank God he survived

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by Omniman(m): 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
tongue
Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by braunny(m): 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
Lumenasblog:

death is an inevitable end and it will come when it will come....... No be ur time yet that's why... Haha leave abroad choose naija!!!!!! Brain tumor ohhhhhh.... Definitely it affected ur reasoning

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by illuminutty: 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
Never envy anybody. You may never know the battle they are fighting.

May God heal him speedily.

Re: Content Creator, Aproko Doctor Reveals Battle With Brain Tumor In 2022. by OGIBRA(m): 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
One of the few good doctor, that has not JAPA...

Bbnaija: Nina’s Ex-boyfriend, Collins Laments Over Impostor Accounts / Marry Your Mother If You Can't Trust Your Wife - Peter Okoye / Photos From E-Money's Birthday House Party