Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree (33982 Views)

Delta Mysterious Tree. / Kedu Onye Nwere Ike Ikowa Ebe Ndi Igbo Siri Puta / Discovery Of The Week>The Mysterious Skeleton Lake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by presido1: 11:00am On Sep 10, 2007
shalom my brother, oyibo don chop our heart. Everything they will refer to science, until oyibo man come and tell the that the three is in existance then they will beleive. Do u know that they practice occult here, is it done with science?.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by nawa1(m): 11:34am On Sep 10, 2007
Kashif:

We are still waiting for science on Bemuda triangle. We are still waiting for science on the origin of existence.

my fear is that you are going to wait forever for the science of GOD. the Bermuda Triangle is just "an IMAGINARY area that can be roughly outlined on a map by connecting Miami, Florida; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and the Bahamas, an island chain off the coast of the United States." read more here=> [url]http://images.google.com.ng/imgres?imgurl=http://www.unexplainedstuff.com/images/geuu_02_img0437.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.unexplainedstuff.com/Places-of-Mystery-and-Power/The-Bermuda-Triangle.html&h=323&w=500&sz=23&tbnid=TKhIiPP_2okuVM:&tbnh=84&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbermuda%2Btriangle%26um%3D1&start=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=1[/url]

yes ships and planes disappeared there, so what? what do you expect? even if you haven't seen the ocean before, can't you imagine how rough it can be when the storm comes? what kind of ship or plane can you build to withstand the storms of this imaginary area of the ocean?

still want to fantasize yourself? here you are> [url]http://images.google.com.ng/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mysticalblaze.com/BermudaTriangle1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mysticalblaze.com/OtherDimensionsBermuda.htm&h=394&w=600&sz=123&tbnid=L1SWZPkzdoc1hM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbermuda%2Btriangle%26um%3D1&start=2&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=2[/url]

Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Kashif(m): 11:47am On Sep 10, 2007
Presido don't mind them.Let them go and research into the indepth discovery of the chemical elements. They forget that the spiritual controls the physical. Human beings are spiritual and therefore transcend beyond the physical. I believe in self-discovery and I know there are so much more than meet the eyes.If you believe you are a spirit, what are all these ignorant miopic noise/contributions all about?

Let science come and explain the phenomena in dreams. These noise-makers don't even read the bible (the best historical book ever penned) Soooooooooooooooo annoying angry angry Go there and tell me if all written there were physical/scientific. What have you invented living in this "modern age" with your "science"? Put your ears to the ground! Shalom once more.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Kashif(m): 11:56am On Sep 10, 2007
na wa:

my fear is that you are going to wait forever for the science of GOD. the Bermuda Triangle is just "an IMAGINARY area that can be roughly outlined on a map by connecting Miami, Florida; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and the Bahamas, an island chain off the coast of the United States." yes ships and planes disappeared there, so what? what do you expect? even if you haven't seen the ocean before, can't you imagine how rough it can be when the storm comes? what kind of ship or plane can you build to withstand the storms of this imaginary area of the ocean?

Imaginary? Then your picture was a simulation? What has planes (flying kilometers above) got to do with ocean waves? Why can't submarines do the exploration? Deep water exploration technology is too advanced now that it cannot handle the supposed physical research of Bermuda triangle.

What can you say?
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by nawa1(m): 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2007
Kashif:

What can you say?

can't say nothing, but rolling on the floor laughing my ass off grin grin grin

Kashif:

What has planes (flying kilometers above) got to do with ocean waves?

common big bros, you can't be serious about that question. please don't tell me you don't know that the storm starts from the cloud/atmosphere.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Mantee(m): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2007
redsun,
U have said it all. There is no mystery except the one our minds cannot interpret or comprehend. Everything is alive and evolving. I say everything.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Kashif(m): 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2007
na wa:

can't say nothing, but rolling on the floor laughing my ass off grin grin grin

common big bros, you can't be serious about that question. please don't tell me you don't know that the storm starts from the cloud/atmosphere.

You just showed where you belong. It is absolutely pointless argueing with you, I rest my case.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by nawa1(m): 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2007
common guy, you can't be embarrass just yet cry
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by temmysexy(f): 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2007
haba, na fight? tongue ur stories are creepy but i dnt mind knowing the location of the tree. me sef wan see talking tree!!!!! cool. heard a couple of gist too,but hmmmm undecided
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by krs2(m): 3:17pm On Sep 10, 2007
@ kashif

never pay heed to na wa,that guy just loves to show himself.I don't know if drama kings exists because that is what I think he is.
he thrives on the knowledge that he gets people all pissed off.Always seeking for attention.
Never even made one meaningful comment on this thread.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by nawa1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2007
krs-2:

@krs-2
who the hell are you?
who talked to your ass? just because I told kashif not to be embarrass doesn't mean that drama kings exists,punk!

I even wonder what sort of trash fills up your feeble mind.

Once more,Asshole,punk!!

Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by krs2(m): 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2007
@ na wah

OK,I don't want any beef with you.I just tried to see if you could change your perception of life but you have proved to be one hell of an incorrigible fella.
So you win homie.
No more hard feelings aight?
at least we are even now in the barrage of insults.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Besteric(m): 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2007
@ Presido, yes my brother in Orlu they call it Anunu ebe and the other plant they call it akwukwu nwa njunju infact i have even seen a victim of akwukwo njunju but have not seen the plant itself ad have not seen the anunu ebe tree.
Brother which part of Orlu are u from from

I am from Orlu Town itself in Orlu LGA,, reside in Germany,,,, what about you
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by saintchux(m): 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2007
i have seen one at a town in Benue state, but I don't know d name of the town, but I saw it while going to Zaki Ibiam, so ask people around that side.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by nawa1(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2007
krs-2:

@ na wah

please spell my name correctly

krs-2:

OK,I don't want any beef with you.

am not sure what that's suppose to mean

krs-2:

I just tried to see if you could change your perception of life

what the hell? have you changed yours

krs-2:

you win homie.

what in the hell did i win?

krs-2:

No more hard feelings aight?

never had one

krs-2:

at least we are even now in the barrage of insults.

i never intend any insult.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by omoge(f): 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2007
e no fair o. the tree will speak to one person and not the rest. Barmuda triangle will swallow one ship or plane and not the other.

why the mysterious tree is not documented in nigeria if it's really true baffles me.

anyway, explore your imagination grin
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by presido1: 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2007
Besteric:

I am from Orlu Town itself in Orlu LGA,, reside in Germany,,,, what about you
thats my second home, my mama is from their am from UMUOWA.(city of light)

sorry guys for deviating from the topic, the tree exist and one other misterious object flying at night. they call it mmumu owa in igbo
anybody had of it before?
When it comes out it will illuminate and if it hits somebody the person is gone.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Kashif(m): 8:53am On Sep 11, 2007
presido1:

sorry guys for deviating from the topic, the tree exist and one other misterious object flying at night. they call it mmumu owa in igbo
anybody had of it before?
When it comes out it will illuminate and if it hits somebody the person is gone.

Presido, I will disagree with you on this. mmumu o(n)wa is the famous glow worm. That is no mystery. As a child, I have always been fascinated by this insect that I used to hunt them. I used to catch them and tried studying them. They have cells that convert biological energy to flashing light energy. The illumination should not be up to one candella (light intensity measurement unit). The same conversion happens with the electric fish which can produce up to 400v of electricity.

If what you meant was not an insect, then let us know. SHALOM.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by nawa1(m): 11:56am On Sep 11, 2007
i was in the house yesterday, and was hitting hard on myself mercilessly for not address this

Never even made one meaningful comment on this thread.

i regretted the fact that some people do not understand the silent voice of a message. if to you i haven't made any meaningful comment on this thread, then i take it as a challenge to solve the mysteries behind this tree, and i also will

loves to show himself (myself).

first i shall state here that some trees has one, all, or even more of all the characteristics of this tree stated on this thread.

in my village a particular tree is known as the "umbrella tree", cos its leaves and branches spread wide above the stem just like an umbrella. the leaves are so bunched up together that it provides shades against the sun and small rain showers to every thing underneath it.

i love this tree so much that i planted one at our compound in my mothers village for relaxation in the hot afternoons. this tree grows rapidly that my grand mom always cut parts of the branches. whenever i confront her, she will give me an excuse that if she don't cut it, snakes and other creeping creatures may have easy access to the house.

now if you can get the picture of this tree and also know the process by which green plants forms nutrients to grow (photosynthesis), then you can imagine why
No grass grow under it

i do not have time to point at all the characteristics of trees, but i will like to discuss this one
when you cut the tree with knife blood will come out.
i can say with facts that this one is very true. when you cut this or many other trees blood will come out. but its not human blood, "tree blood" that is it. most of these blood varies in colour, some are white, black green yellow, red etc.

some of the red blooded trees are so red that u can mistake it for humans'. you can stain urself with it and deceive an unsuspecting person that it is an actual human blood.

now pictures these characteristic mentioned above and imagine an old man in your village who doesn't know anything about photosynthesis and how seed germinate, saying
This particular tree is a deity.

if this tree still sound mysterious to you then you have seen or heard of nothing yet. there is a plant in the forest of my village that is called "water rope". when we are in the forest and testy, we do not drink water from the pounds or lakes in the, rather we search for this plant, cut it and some cool clean water will gush out from it just like a tap. this particular plant really amaze me. some times i will just cut it, sit back and watch how the water gush out of it.

i don't think these trees are mysterious, but i think human are. the human mind can think of anything and bring it to reality.i also think that the creator of everything is beyond mysteries and also beyond human comprehension.

haven said all these, i will also state that if you still
don't want any beef with
me, you can go ahead and grab a bunch of candles, 7 eggs, 1 chicken, and every other thing that is necessary, locate where Nnunu Ebe is, tire a white cloth around the bottom of the tree, build a shrine there and do your thing. then i will grab my frying pan and all other necessary condiment, fry the eggs, use the chicken for pepper soup, and also
vandalised and sell to the whites
every thing in the shrine.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Besteric(m): 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2007
@ Presido,, really,, you are nwa nwa m, lol,, i went to St Marys Seminary Umuowa. my sister s married to an Umuubu Village man,,well, Umuowa belongs to the 7 Orlu sons namely,, Orlu, umuna, owerri ebeiri/Umuowa. umuzike, umudioka,eziachi. Amike, you have nt told me where you reside,
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by presido1: 10:22pm On Sep 11, 2007
Kashif:

Presido, I will disagree with you on this. mmumu o(n)wa is the famous glow worm. That is no mystery. As a child, I have always been fascinated by this insect that I used to hunt them. I used to catch them and tried studying them. They have cells that convert biological energy to flashing light energy. The illumination should not be up to one candella (light intensity measurement unit). The same conversion happens with the electric fish which can produce up to 400v of electricity.
If what you meant was not an insect, then let us know. SHALOM.
My brother, i know the one you are talkng about its an insect that illuminate yellow light when flying in the nite. Thats not what i mean and i do not know how to discrie it as i have not seen it before. But as i heard it a dengarous flying object.

Besteric:

@ Presido,, really,, you are nwa nwa m, lol,, i went to St Marys Seminary Umuowa. my sister s married to an Umuubu Village man,,well, Umuowa belongs to the 7 Orlu sons namely,, Orlu, umuna, owerri ebeiri/Umuowa. umuzike, umudioka,eziachi. Amike, you have nt told me where you reside,
nwanne, am from umubu and might know u or vice-versa. my mama is from Eluama and i leave in England.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by backnbeta(f): 2:27am On Sep 13, 2007
presido1:

But as i heard it a dengarous flying object.

shocked shocked shocked UFO sighted in the Eastern part of Africa's most populous country grin grin. What a beautiful headline!

Someone said something about two rivers that don't flow into eachother or somefin like that, well,that's the same story I heard about Okun and Osa.

I do not doubt the existence of these mysterious trees and rivers and stuff, however, I've not heard an eye witness account of it before,till then. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by adekennis(m): 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2007
Well to me,anyone that dosen"t believe in all this is a big fool because i believe they exist.
Yoruba do say,  BI OMODE KOBA DE OKO ELOMIRAN RI ANI KO SI EYI TI O TO TI BABA OHUN
hunmm, my brodas and sists go out there you will see that  things are happening joooo.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by backnbeta(f): 9:49am On Sep 14, 2007
adekennis:

Well to me,anyone that dosen"t believe in all this is a big fool because i believe they exist.
Yoruba do say, BI OMODE KOBA DE OKO ELOMIRAN RI ANI KO SI EYI TI O TO TI BABA OHUN
hunmm, my brodas and sists go out there you will see that things are happening joooo.

I believe behind every rumor, there's an element of truth, therefore I will not rule out the possibility of their existence.
However, I think it's very rude of you to call those who do not believe in their existence fools. The fact that you believe they exist does not make any difference to those who don't and it doesn't make them fools.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by pilas: 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2007
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious -are you sure? this mystery is not one of those shrine in Igboland. grin
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Homicide(f): 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2010
Hi Fellow Nlanders. I am interested in Joining a fraternity/society/occult that whose membership bestows financial rewards plus (Secret Society) Pls don't judge me kindly let inform me of any i can easily join.I truly appreciate your assistance. You can contact me at minerva2010@rocketmail.com
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Cute500(f): 11:40pm On Sep 18, 2010
Whether the tree is real or a hoax,i culdnt care less.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
The tree is known as okoubaka aubrevillei
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by tpiadotcom: 12:52am On Apr 10, 2015
isn't there a northern custom where they said they write your name and pin it to a tree?

usually done by your enemies.
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
tpiadotcom:
isn't there a northern custom where they said they write your name and pin it to a tree?
usually done by your enemies.

off point as usual. stop skipping your meds love
Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 13, 2015
This tree actually exist. It's called Asorin or Igi nla in Yoruba language. It's bark and root are widely used in the preparation of different charms. How it's gotten is by approaching the tree and from a distance, live cock is thrown at it after some incantation...no being can survive if you approach it ordinarily. I have first hand experience of witnessing my grand dad getting the bark while i watch from a distance. It's leaves never touches the ground..cobwebs are woven around it's top where all dead leaves drop...whatever that's alive that comes in contact with the root dies off...that's why no other plant is seen around it.

In some Yoruba incantations, it's said that.....Igikigi kii dari so Asorin.

Bi Sango ba pa araba, to ba pa Iroko bi ti'gi N'la ko.

2 Likes

Re: Nnunu Ebe: The Mysterious Tree by tpiadotcom: 3:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
ziddy:

off point as usual. stop skipping your meds love

unwarranted personal attacks such as yours, are not a sign of sanity. Get help.

if you cant refute a post in a civilized manner, best to keep your mouth shut or better still, refrain from typing and stop making the site look backward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Spotted At London Polo Club (photo) / Hausa / Fulani Men (pictures) / Funny But True African Proverbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.