Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,488 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos (36767 Views)

Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations / Nigeria Acquires New Train Coaches / New Train Model For Abuja Light Rail On The Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:03am On Jan 25, 2023
OriOko88:

U re daft. Im lecturing you on Wat's obtainable in d advanced world, u are here capping nonsense. Tell me one advanced world that doesn't HV metro or subway. Do they all have same topography as u ignorantly excused.
Subway and metro are d new world order if u want ur city to be categorized as mega city, youve got to provide such sophisticated infrastructures

. So be humble and be attentive u dingbat. undecided

Maybe Obi will implement underground subways when he becomes president. Just as he did in Onitsha lipsrsealed

Likewise Atiku if he wins undecided

You run before you fly

Can we really deal with the pains that accompanies drastic change that we crave?

Can you even imagine disruptive that dream project of yours would be?

Past leaders weren’t visionary enough to plan for the future. We ourselves (the bulk of Nigerians) are averse to development. They’ll keep fighting it till it’s actualized. We are mentally backward

A presidential aspirant once suggested that you don’t invest in infrastructure when people are hungry. That’s beyond saddening

Like someone suggested, there are mega cities in the world without underground subways.

Let’s develop our minds and the ‘top’ before developing the ‘bottom’

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by Eniolohunda: 7:04am On Jan 25, 2023
Looking nice! If traffic could be eliminated in Lagos, Lagos will be better.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 25, 2023
Napata77:

Exactly. There is no uniform standard in the west. Some places have advanced systems, others have systems in serious need of modernisation.

There are train stations in England you'll enter and it's like something out of a Shakespeare novel.

In the US, you'll enter some trains and it's like you're in an old western movie, complete with conductors coming round to check and stamp your ticket. undecided

Most y'all always involve western or foreign countries in your debates? Let everyone do with what they have got, at least jalopy car is better than trekking, most of this things are produced by them,designed by them and all, so you dey expect someone producing solar energy to be in darkness? Or someone producing car to trek or use jalopy car? Ofcourse not, anyone you can afford, abeg enjoy it to the fullest, whether metro or matro or what have you.... peace

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by bhella10: 7:04am On Jan 25, 2023
Greater Lagos
Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by ALABACONNECT(m): 7:05am On Jan 25, 2023
Nice

Well, for your UK used and new smart tv sets and soundbars, check my signature
Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by ElSudani: 7:06am On Jan 25, 2023
plaindealer:
Nigerians dey Japa inside Nigeria.

This is a great time to be a proud and happy Nigerian.

God bless PMB

God bless Asiwaji Tiinubu

God bless Nigeria.

grin grin

Lol.
Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by Ikaeniyan0: 7:09am On Jan 25, 2023
OriOko88:
Impressive. But d advanced world have moved past this. What we have now is metro line,and sub ways. We still hv a long way to go in Africa.
Bro, this is Nigeria, not every train in Europe and Asia is better than this train I am looking at in the pic .

The most important thing now is for the train to do what it was built to do.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by Skty: 7:10am On Jan 25, 2023
Napata77:

Do the ''advanced world'' trains fly in the air?

Rubbish.

Trains in the UK started operating in 1863. That's 160 years ago. Somebody corrected u, instead of u to accept...u abuse am...and people de press like. When I was in the UK in 2011, I used underground trains ...and Overground trains. We shouldn't be hyping these things wen Advanced countries don de enjoy since. If Nigeria wasn't corrupt Gowon should have put trains everywhere and also we lack maintenance culture. I remember Gowon saying Nigeria's problem wasn't money, but how to spend it

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by Belleful: 7:12am On Jan 25, 2023
Make I carry my Ghana must bag. Na Eko I dey see so o.
Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by sunboy(m): 7:14am On Jan 25, 2023
fcbelle72:
Photo shop...God punish apc, And all their urchins

You should get out of your village sometime … a lot is going on outside of your village. Everything no be photoshop again.

Peace!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by COMPAQ(m): 7:14am On Jan 25, 2023
OriOko88:

U re daft. Im lecturing you on Wat's obtainable in d advanced world, u are here capping nonsense. Tell me one advanced world that doesn't HV metro or subway. Do they all have same topography as u ignorantly excused.
Subway and metro are d new world order if u want ur city to be categorized as megacity,youve got to provide such sophisticated infrastructures

Oga calm down. Projects are designed based on the needs and financial capacity of cities. Even in America not every large city has subway. You can't compare New York and LA, of 19mln and 14mln people to require the same infrastructure as a city of 3mln. In America only about 8cities have underground subway systems:

New York/New Jersey
Washington
Chicago
Boston
San Francisco Bay Area
Philadelphia
Los Angeles

And in the UK only London.

Even Dubai doesn't have. What they have is similar to the blue line, so what's the fuss about. There is nothing wrong with the Blue and Red line as designed. What matters is that it is able to transport large amounts of people wuickly and comfortable and hopefully cheaply

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by fcbelle72(f): 7:16am On Jan 25, 2023
sunboy:

You should get out of your village sometime … a lot is going on outside of your village. Everything no be photoshop again.

Peace!
Did i call you name, na ogun go kill you idiot, foolish apc urchins , do you even have a village?...
Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by Osegabon: 7:16am On Jan 25, 2023
Napata77:

Do the ''advanced world'' trains fly in the air?

Rubbish.

This is how they keep on washing your brain. They have been building the train station for over 16 years with old ideas of over 16 years ago . The rails are even light rails instead of heavy rails i.e it can't be use for heavy duty but only to carry passengers . In no time they will go for heavy rails just to find ways to loot more money

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by Racoon(m): 7:17am On Jan 25, 2023
Nice projects executed and delivered. Kudos LASG! May these wonderful facilities be well maintained.
Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by abbasajao(m): 7:19am On Jan 25, 2023
OriOko88:
Impressive. But d advanced world have moved past this. What we have now is metro line,and sub ways. We still hv a long way to go in Africa.

Advance world started from here too. So we are on track

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by puremaker7(m): 7:20am On Jan 25, 2023
Napata77:

Listen, you dunce. Subways exist in Africa, and not every nation in the ''advanced world'' has subways, as they are not always necessary or cost-effective.

It has nothing to do with being ''advanced'' or not ''advanced''. It is a matter of engineering convenience, topography, climate, cost, and other issues, so get rid of your inferiority complex, you dolt.
Don't mind that idiot, imagine subway in Lagos island

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by lugado: 7:21am On Jan 25, 2023
Londonderry:
See how they will rush here now and praise Tinubu balablu because the train is blue

So who are they supposed to praise? Is it Obi?
Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by Ikaeniyan0: 7:22am On Jan 25, 2023
Skty:

Trains in the UK started operating in 1863. That's 160 years ago. Somebody corrected u, instead of u to accept...u abuse am...and people de press like. When I was in the UK in 2011, I used underground trains ...and Overground trains. We shouldn't be hyping these things wen Advanced countries don de enjoy since. If Nigeria wasn't corrupt Gowon should have put trains everywhere and also we lack maintenance culture. I remember Gowon saying Nigeria's problem wasn't money, but how to spend it
Hope your state Government have built underground train station in your state since the 1970s.

This light rail is far cheaper than building underground railways. We have to start from somewhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:25am On Jan 25, 2023
Please do you have an idea there's Lagos to Kano

Napata77:

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by Kulushkalash(m): 7:26am On Jan 25, 2023
OriOko88:

We know! we'll take it each day at at time
Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:26am On Jan 25, 2023
First time you didn't wake from the wrong side of the bed Chief Wailer
Racoon:
Nice projects executed and delivered. Kudos LASG! May these wonderful facilities be well maintained.
Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2023
Please put this as a thread.

Let's give it wide publicity
Afamed:
Dear Fellow Nigerians, especially those who have not decided who to vote for in the Presidential election

This is not about ethnicity or religion, it is about putting the right peg in the right holes
Do not allow them to use religion sentiment or your ethnic background to woo you.

Anambra, its a state I have been visiting since the days of Mbadinuju down to the days of Ngige to Peter Obi, to the days of Obiano till the present days of Prof Soludo.

There is no community or village in Anambra, that you will describe to me as a regular visitors. Not only do I visit, Awka, Nnobi,Nnewi, Ichi, Agulu, Eugu Ukwu, ObI, Adazi Ani , Onitsha, downfly over, Ihiala, Oba, Ichida, Oko and the rest communities / villages, No community, that i do not know,

Likewise, Lagos, no communities is align to me.
Adamawa. Hong, Song, Mubi, Yola, Jimeta all, are not new to me

Now, the decision is about, what and what did these men/ candidates put in their respective states when they had the opportunity as a Gov
What were their records and antecedents, what can you say are their signatures that you can still see?
Are there continuity in the projects they executed when they were in office?
Do not allow anyone to fool you with one Obidents nonsense,
When Obi was Gov, check the thread his kinsmen created describing his performance
Who failed as a Gov, definitely he is not qualified as a President.
Read the thread from Nairaland, what his people/ kinsmen said when he was a Gov below.

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing#10195342

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by jahsharon: 7:31am On Jan 25, 2023
OriOko88:

This is what they have in UK. Maybe they have additional ones, but I saw this exact type of trains with my eyes and boarded them severally

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 7:31am On Jan 25, 2023
Afamed:

Which of the advance world do you have in your state ?

Children of bitterness and frustration

igbos developed lagos. Infact all tribes developed lagos. Go to osun and compare if u want.
Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by jieta: 7:38am On Jan 25, 2023
Napata77:

Exactly. There is no uniform standard in the west. Some places have advanced systems, others have systems in serious need of modernisation.

There are train stations in England you'll enter and it's like something out of a Shakespeare novel.

In the US, you'll enter some trains and it's like you're in an old western movie, complete with conductors coming round to check and stamp your ticket. undecided
You mean in the almighty USA.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by Roboto11: 7:41am On Jan 25, 2023
Dwizeone:
Mobolaji Johnson Train station is a federal train station and not part of the blue rail commissioned yesterday (24th of January).

Lagos investing in APC is yielding dividends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by Ikerr: 7:41am On Jan 25, 2023
How agbero go take collect im money again, abi dis one no dey do owo da !!!
Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by Lemmy123(m): 7:42am On Jan 25, 2023
OriOko88:

Subway and metro are d new world order if u want ur city to be categorized as megacity,youve got to provide such sophisticated infrastructures

The guy defeated you. He had better explanations. You are bent on this inferiority thing. Bye

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by backtovillage: 7:43am On Jan 25, 2023
OriOko88:

Shut up. The advanced world trains fly underground. Go read up about metro line.
Na everytime una go just they cap shit.
For ya information Japan, US, Russia, UK , S.K still use train like this. If them tax you now u go dey cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by bomee(m): 7:45am On Jan 25, 2023
Thanks for schooling him. I'm sure he learnt something today.

You are a small, ignorant kid full of lip, so let me school you.

A metro system is an intra-city network that may or may not have underground tracks depending on several factors as earlier mentioned.

There is nothing particularly 'advanced' about having underground lines, as all it takes is digging and tunnelling. The British were doing this over 100 years ago using antiquated machinery.

They make more sense in cold, temperate climates where the enclosure underground provides natural heating, and are very costly in humid, tropical nations with their need for expensive 24/7 cooling and ventilation systems.

NIGERIA is ranked among the few African nations with a metro system, one in Lagos and the other in Abuja.

There are 'advanced' European and Asian nations, and nations in the Americas, with NO metro systems, as shown in this map.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metro_systems#/media/File:World_Metro_systems.svg

So get rid of your complex and low self esteem.[/quote]
Re: Pictures Of The New Train Stations In Lagos by backtovillage: 7:45am On Jan 25, 2023
jaxxy:

igbos developed lagos. Infact all tribes developed lagos. Go to osun and compare if u want.
You don start again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Change Of Name International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.