Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,236 members, 7,860,509 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:56 AM

Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes (2899 Views)

Anxiety As Emefiele Misses Buhari’s Deadline To Return To Office / Naira Rain In Ekiti As Politicians Induce Voters, Security Operatives / Samon Akanni Oladiti: Governors, Politicians Hijacked NNPC’s ₦621Bn Road Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Biodun556(m): 9:29am On Jan 26, 2023
The central bank governor introduced new naira notes to curb vote buying. But some alleged that he intended to use new naira notes policy to favour his preferred candidate.

Now the new naira note had been released but not in circulation.

Where is the trillions of the new note?

Is Emefiele sensible for introducing the new notes just because of election even though it cost billions of naira to print?

Should CBN have involved in politics? This was a man that bought APC presidential form and at the same time refused to resign as the central bank governor.

Or is it Emefiele tribal trait of sentiment that's playing in out?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Biodun556(m): 9:29am On Jan 26, 2023
grin

When new notes was introduced under sanusi, the CBN gave closed to a year before the old note was rejected given the new notes enough time to circulate. Now, Emefiele gives just one month. Is the man making sense?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Emmanuella00(f): 9:29am On Jan 26, 2023
Hmm
Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Abfinest007(m): 9:48am On Jan 26, 2023
Bad policy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by FreeStuffsNG: 9:59am On Jan 26, 2023
Stop whining. Your money can still be spent via other channels. Cash is just one channel to spend your money.

Save and use cash for small transactions of less than N1k, any transaction more than N1k, use cashless and you save yourself of hassles.
It is clear that the era of flooding everywhere with cash is gone so get it.
Even some yeye schools charging tens and hindreds of thousands in naira still demand school fees paid in cash. That is not what FG wants.

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Biodun556(m): 10:02am On Jan 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Stop whining. Your money can still be spent via other channels. Cash is just one channel to spend your money.

Save and use cash for small transactions of less than N1k, any transaction more than N1k, use cashless and you save yourself of hassles.
Even some yeye schools charging tens and hindreds of thousands in naira still demand school fees paid in cash. That is not what FG wants.

Say that to market women who don't know how to operate phone

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by oyin44: 10:10am On Jan 26, 2023
grin
Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by FreeStuffsNG: 10:12am On Jan 26, 2023
Biodun556:

Stop giving inaccurate assumption.. Most market women are not stupid and dumb. They even collect their pay through pos once it is much money. If you are buying pepper of N800 you can pay cash or transfer to their accounts or pos operators around them
Almost everything today can be paid for electronically. The mallam who sells rams take transfer too. They call a particular guy to call the nunber and he verifies the payment. I am on ground and know the reality.
Market women have phones and are not stupid like most of you stereotype them. They are even way smarter than some of you.

I know a particular school in Lagos that has stopped collecting cash since over 10 years ago. They write it boldly that they do not accept cash So what is the big deal.

Please let us cooperate with FG on this.

10 Likes

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by SaiOba: 10:21am On Jan 26, 2023
Ask yourself if you are making sense..
Telling Nigerians that Emefiele gave you just one Month shows how sensible you truly are.
Biodun556:
grin

When new notes was introduced under sanusi, the CBN gave closed to a year before the old note was rejected giving the new enough time to circulate. Now, Emefiele gives just one month. Is the man making sense?

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 26, 2023
Biodun556:
The central bank governor introduced new naira notes to curb vote buying. But some alleged that he intended to use new naira notes policy to favour his preferred candidate.

Is Emefiele sensible for introducing the new notes just because of election even though it cost billions of naira to print?

Should CBN have involved in politics? This was a man that bought APC presidential form and at the same time refused to resign as the central bank governor.

APC urchins are criminals before na
Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by sweetonugbu: 10:43am On Jan 26, 2023
Biodun556 my yoruba muslem friend,when did u turn into a wailer?.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Felabrity: 10:46am On Jan 26, 2023
oyin44:
One thing l know about Nigerian leaders .they can never do anything to favor the poor..

What one thought that it would take into consideration the feelings and wishes of the electorate might end up favoring the politicians...

Nigerian government is an extremely wicked system which favors the rich than poor
so the Buhari you have been defending for ages is now wicked?

6 Likes

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by kokoA(m): 10:47am On Jan 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Go to the local market without cash let's see if you'd come back home with any grocery.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Mindlog: 10:56am On Jan 26, 2023
Biodun556:

Then, they will have to learn as it is not rocket science. Mpesa Kenya has proven that you don't have to be highly educated to use basic phone to run financial transactions. Their women who are vegetable sellers, street hawkers, site labourers etc use simple phone without internet to receive their daily wages and sales.

When I lived there, I rarely touched the Kenyan shillings.

Sensitization is important.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 26, 2023
This topic came from a place of immense pain. We warned agbado people that their efforts will end in failure but they didn't listen grin grin grin
Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by vicdom(m): 11:10am On Jan 26, 2023
Felabrity:
so the Buhari you have been defending for ages is now wicked?
Nothing surprised me about urchins again πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by fiizznation: 11:33am On Jan 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Stop giving inaccurate assumption.. Most market women are not stupid and dumb. They even collect their pay through pos once it is much money. If you are buying pepper of N800 you can pay cash or transfer to their accounts or pos operators around them
Almost everything today can be paid for electronically. The mallam who sells rams take transfer too. They call a particular guy to call the nunber and he verifies the payment. I am on ground and know the reality.
Market women have phones and are not stupid like most of you stereotype them. They are even way smarter than some of you.

I know a particular school in Lagos that has stopped collecting cash since over 10 years ago. They write it boldly that they do not accept cash So what is the big deal.

You talk like you are not in Nigeria. How many market women can operate smart phones? And don't you think the issue of fake alerts will become rampant? Anybody who runs a business will know the negative implication of this new naira notes.
PS. I'm not even against the change of currency but the timing, the deadline, etc are all wrong.

What many people are saying is give Nigerians more time. Didn't Goodluck change the naira when Sanusi was the governor there? Is this how they went about it? Even last year I still saw the old 100naira currency that Sanusi changed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Biodun556(m): 11:34am On Jan 26, 2023
SaiOba:
Telling Nigerians that Emefiele gave you just one Month shows how sensible you truly are.

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Holybaddo: 1:54pm On Jan 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Comrade we are talking about election
Do Politicians want to b doing transfer for people?
Na cash them go give people no b transfer πŸ₯³
Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Holybaddo: 1:55pm On Jan 26, 2023
My own is simple

They should share money during election
I will collect from all parties

Then I will vote for Obi
After all the money na my Share from the nationalcake

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Frizz001: 2:07pm On Jan 26, 2023
You people should situate this thing well. State clearly that Emefiele, under the Buhari-led APC government, introduced new Naira notes...bla bla bla so when you want to complain, you clearly know who to hold accountable. Call Buhari/APC name direct no dey go through corner!

That said, there is no wrong time for strictly implementing a cashless policy, it has been ongoing. The new notes are available but more limited/restricted to reduce excessive cash handling. Anybody that has legit expenses to make during the elections and beyond should transfer to the beneficiaries, simple!

Biodun556:

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by justified007: 2:17pm On Jan 26, 2023
SaiOba:

When did they actually start distributing the new notes ? Forget about when it was lunched .

I am a business owner and I run businesses that run into hundreds of naira daily but up till this moment I have not received up to 20pieces of the new #1000 notes and same with the #500 notes . I only started seeing the new #200 notes around just last week
Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Nicepoker(m): 2:26pm On Jan 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Oga a very reasonable number of them don't do transfer. Deal with reality.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by talk2hb1(m): 2:57pm On Jan 26, 2023
Conductors self go collect transfers
Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by AdaojoTheUrchin: 3:16pm On Jan 26, 2023
A country where politicians are collectively richer than businessmen is a country designed to fail..
Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by AdaojoTheUrchin: 3:16pm On Jan 26, 2023
A country where politicians are collectively richer than businessmen, that country designed to fail. ~ Peter Obi, 2022

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by JAMO84: 3:23pm On Jan 26, 2023
Emiefele must extend his useless deadline by at least, 4 months.
Re: Emefiele Misses Target As Politicians Hijacked New Naira Notes by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
Your topic is sensational but the story isn’t how has politicians hijack the new naira note

(1) (Reply)

Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? / Breaking News!! Military Discovers Arms And Weapons In Bayelsa / Politicians Are The Same All Over. They Promise To Build A Bridge Even Where The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.