Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Politicians Are The Same All Over. They Promise To Build A Bridge Even Where The - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians Are The Same All Over. They Promise To Build A Bridge Even Where The (2890 Views)

Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politicians Are The Same All Over. They Promise To Build A Bridge Even Where The by gernded(m): 8:28am On May 12, 2011
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river

With this i urge my fellow Nigerian's to stop abusing themselves over Nigeria politicians either the president come from South or North, they are all one.
Re: Politicians Are The Same All Over. They Promise To Build A Bridge Even Where The by johnie: 8:47am On May 12, 2011
Glad to have someone from Ghana make the point again.

This is what I have been trying to get people to realise for a while now.

johnie:

In the run up to the Nigerian general elections, one has been priviledged to read and hear all manners of stories about the candidates standing for the elections and their political parties.

Incumbents and their parties have been accused of massive corruption, incompetence and being clueless.
Those on the side of the incumbents have also thrown all manner of accusations against contenders for the elective posts.

The PDP government at the centre has been accused of "blowing" tax payers' money on a plan to provide steady and reliable power in the last 12 years with nothing to show for it. The party has been accused of massive corruption and insensitivity to the plight of the common man.

All the parties in control at one level or the other have been accused of election malpractices with the last general elections held in 2007 being described by international election observers as the worst they had ever seen anywhere in the world. Even the President who emerged from the process declared that the process had been "flawed."

Now, the questions is this “How do these allegations against the Nigerian political class stack up against their counterparts in some other parts of the world?”

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-639186.0.html

Unfortunately, some are too fanatical in their support of their candidates and parties that any criticism is taken personal.

Like the Op said, politicians Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river
Re: Politicians Are The Same All Over. They Promise To Build A Bridge Even Where The by johnie: 1:29pm On May 13, 2011
ideylaff:

LIKE I KEEP REITERATING, POLITICIANS NEVER FIGHT THEMSELVES, THEY JUST DISAGREE TO AGREE, WE ARE THE OUTSIDERS AND ITS OUR VERY OWN LIVES THEY MORTGAGE WHEN THEY MAKE DECISIONS BASED SOLELY ON EGO, PERSONAL INTEREST AND WHAT NOT U HAVE.

Time will tell

Re: Politicians Are The Same All Over. They Promise To Build A Bridge Even Where The by johnie: 1:30pm On May 13, 2011
johnie:

Gbam!
To me, there are only two political parties in the world:

1. That of the politicians
2. That of the rest of us who are not politicians

The party of the politicians have "zones" to which they rotate power from time to time through what we call elections

In the USA, the two zones of the politicans' party are the Republicans and the Democrats
In the UK, we have the Labour and Conservatives. Of course there is the minority zone called the Liberal Democrats
In Nigeria we have the PDP, CPC, ACN, ANPP, etc
If you think they are out to get power for our party, I dey laff
grin

(1) (Reply)

. / Photo Of The Day: Rochas Okorocha And His Bicycle... / Ekiti Inaugurates Ayo Fayose As Executive Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.