Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday (35401 Views)

See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today / New Note Scarcity: ATM Queues Increase In Abeokuta (Pictures) / Aliko Dangote: I Withdrew $10m Just To Look At It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by BossGerald: 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
Godwin4444:
but had it been he’s supporting Peter obi then u will like it right?

So anyone not supporting Peter obi can die u don’t care, only people supporting Peter obi deserve to live

U people can only survive in places like North Korea where they practice autocratic government u can’t survive in democracy

No wonder u are killing the same people u claim to b fighting for

Yen yen yen...you've been supporting and defending buhari and Apc since the past 7yrs, why the sudden changes?? It affected you directly abi?

You're wailing is just starting.
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by highoctane: 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2023
And this.

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by BossGerald: 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2023
onyxo76:
so how do we pay for bike rides ,things like groundnut ,those roadside stuff etc till wednesday next week.

#100 and #50 notes no dey again

No be your buhari make the prices of things go up in the market?? Go ask am grin
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by BossGerald: 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2023
Godwin4444:
what about Pos people?

Are u telling us those market women also take transfer?

Abeg carry your frustration go meet buhari for Aso rock...you voted him twice angry
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by charlesdinho7(m): 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2023
this new 500 naira note is confusing me with the old 200 naira note. same colour
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by kwaso2: 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2023
I withdrew new note of 20k from POS in Nung Udoe village in Akwa Ibom state
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Godwin4444: 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

Abeg carry your frustration go meet buhari for Aso rock...you voted him twice angry
this is the problem with u people

Once I am not supporting Peter obi that means I have voted buhari before

I voted last since 2011 but this election I am voting tinubu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by BossGerald: 12:51pm On Jan 27, 2023
Godwin4444:
this is the problem with u people

Once I am not supporting Peter obi that means I have voted buhari before

I voted last since 2011 but this election I am voting tinubu

Your crying just dey sweet me...are you not Currently campaigning for Apc presidential candidate??

You people will cry blood oo, you're even a known tribalist here on nairaland.

Vote tifnubu and see worst
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Prayfortheworld: 12:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
Lekan239:
I have been withdrawing the new naira note from uba ATM since Two weeks ago. Only the people from the East are complaining. It's their birth right to always complain. Funny enough non of their past and present governor have outshine governor from the other geo political in terms of infrastructure and general well being. Yet they claim only them could make Nigeria better if they rule
Nigga leave tribalism out of this we're talking reality facing Nigeria don't sound stupid here
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Godwin4444: 1:06pm On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

Your crying just dey sweet me...are you not Currently campaigning for Apc presidential candidate??

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Godwin4444: 1:06pm On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

I want tinubu to win I want to see the worst u igbos can do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Klington: 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

Reporting live From Onitsha, Anambra state.

Union bank, UBA, FIRST Bank ATM etc are dispensing the new naira note.

Stop believing the lies and rumors that flies daily concerning the new naira notes.

Deposit your old naira notes with the bank or POS(point of sales) agent.

Go and visit any ATM stand near you and make your withdrawal.

You only have 4days to change you old currency.

From @Bossgerald

Cos of this your misleading information, i went to the bank only to discover that they are still issuing the old notes.
UBA trade Fair branch has no new notes and people say it's the say in other banks.
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by skukimania(f): 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2023
Sammy07:

I saw the post earlier, I just ignored the OP.

Last week, at GTB in Ondo, I went inside the bank to collect cash not even at the ATM

Yet I was given old Notes.
I protested, and the staff was telling me that's what they have,

Yours was last week, mine was just two days ago right inside the bank and I got old notes because it’s what they have.
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by placeofallure(f): 1:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

Reporting live From Onitsha, Anambra state.

Union bank, UBA, FIRST Bank ATM etc are dispensing the new naira note.

Stop believing the lies and rumors that flies daily concerning the new naira notes.

Deposit your old naira notes with the bank or POS(point of sales) agent.

Go and visit any ATM stand near you and make your withdrawal.

You only have 4days to change you old currency.

From @Bossgerald

I withdrew new cash on Monday @UBA, Yaba, then @Obalende on Tuesday, Sterling Bank. No big deal. Though traders were jostling for the new notes at the market, a whole Idumota market for that matter. That means it's not circulating well.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by pinkasso: 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2023
There is nothing special about these men ..una too they over hype ordinary people...it's simple the banks are fighting back because of thier own interest moving money up and down during elections rakes in good money for the bank executives especially from logistics, they know this...every politician also needs money to mobilize people ...using Tinubu as an example he can easily get assess to money in Lagos ...what happens in Gombe, Delta, Nasarawa etc ...last last them go extend am..Our institution is wey too weak, we can can't just make headway with this system.. people wey they criticize Emefiele now no do so when them buy am presidential form ooh,una dey see the sign since and una quiet.. bloody hypocrites..
Robertgreene1:
Interesting....
But all these peeps thinking dt d likes of Tinubu nd Atiku won't av enough new notes 2 buy votes must be dumb... like really dumb
Do u peeps even stop 4 a minute 2 think of d timber nd caliber of men dat work 4 these presidential candidates...saying dt Tinubu..a man dat literally owns Lagos won't see enough new notes 2 share is akin 2 saying dat sanwuolu..Mc Oluomo...El rufai...Gandollar plus all d other Western nd northern Governors nd senators and reps nd state reps nd party big men nd business tycoons dat all pay allegiance 2 Tinubu can't find him d new notes....Those men aren't on our level peeps..they av loyalists everywhere...even inside d CBN itself....that day dt Tinubu was secretly giving money 2 a party man they later claimed 2 be a cripple..no be new 1k notes he was giving him?..nd it was even barely a week after their introduction...those men av done their homeworks long ago...that's y d new notes scarce sef...they ve hoarded d whole thing...
Pls I'm as obidient as one can ever be abeg...
Just dt this narrative of this rubbish policy affecting d likes of Tinubu just dey vex me cus it's like some peeps here don't know those men..underate them nd d evil genuises that work 4 Dem at ur own peril!!!
This nonsense policy will only affect d poor masses not Tinubu nd Atiku...dat is just my problem abeg
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Elidrisy20: 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2023
Paper with out value
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by BossGerald: 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2023
Godwin4444:
I want tinubu to win I want to see the worst u igbos can do

Tifnubu can only win the chairman of iragbiji village union.

Obi is your next president, start getting used to that fact.
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Dybala11(m): 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

You're the kid here, maybe in Adult body...what happened to online transfer??
So POS agents and market traders too will rely on online transfer abi?? Dey play. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
I'll also do transfer of ₦200 to pay for the taxi I'll take on my way out tomorrow abi.
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by khreus(m): 2:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
mjuvey3:

I needed money so badly for an emergency

I later had to go use POS but I got old notes
Oh that explains it then
So sorry for your troubles eh
Nigeria will be better one day and we'll still be alive to enjoy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by BossGerald: 2:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
Dybala11:

So POS agents and market traders too will rely on online transfer abi?? Dey play. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
I'll also do transfer of ₦200 to pay for the taxi I'll take on my way out tomorrow abi.

Go to Aso rock and ask buhari...

Next time you vote wisely with your senses intact.
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Dybala11(m): 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

Go to Aso rock and ask buhari...

Next time you vote wisely with your senses intact.
You're a big idiot for this foolish reply you gave. Who told you that I've ever voted for the calamity called Bubu before?? 😠😠

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by BossGerald: 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2023
Dybala11:

You're a big idiot for this foolish reply you gave. Who told you that I've ever voted for the calamity called Bubu before?? 😠😠

If you've never voted for buhari or planning to vote for Apc again, calm down.

People had withdrawn and hoarded the new note, when the deadline passes they'd be forced to bring it out and transact..relax and see the magic happen
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Dybala11(m): 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

If you've never voted for buhari or planning to vote for Apc again, calm down.

People had withdrawn and hoarded the new note, when the deadline passes they'd be forced to bring it out and transact..relax and see the magic happen
To hell with those destroyers called Apshit. Na dem and our past politicians made the economic mess we're dealing with right now.
The problem is that CBN should have started the implementation of that policy since last year. ATMs ought to have started dispensing the new notes since December. Some ATMs are still dispensing the old note even though the deadline still remains in place. The idea is not properly planned jor.
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by maasoap(m): 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
Iamgrey5:
I do Pos business and operate three pos points.

I have only been given old notes since Monday.

One can only withdraw new money at the ATM @ 20k per day.

I do transaction of at least 500k per day at my pos points.

Most of you talking trash don't know what you are talking about.

Leave the ignorant folks, most of them think Emefiele and Buhari are punishing Tinubu. They don't mind the hardship as long as they believe Tinubu is being punished grin grin grin
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by maasoap(m): 3:29pm On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

Don't worry, after January 31st those hoarding the new currency will have no other option than to transact it.

The new note printed is more than enough , you'll see magic happen after the CBN deadline

And you knew this because you work with CBN or Emefiele confided to you? Kid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by LadyTara(f): 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

No politician is allowed to propagate false information to the public...its a criminal offence.

People should be informed to get their new naira notes because its now available in ATMs nationwide
Stop peddling lies please,say what you know and don't spread false information. I just got back from the bank 10 mins ago, no new notes over the counter ,atms not working, the ATMs working are dispensing old notes .

If it's different in your location, good for you, but saying NATIONWIDE when you sit in your parlour is nothing but false hood.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Bintdawood(f): 3:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay29000:

Yes, 1k is the most circulated of the new notes. I like the 500 note the most.

I also love the 50 Naira note

1 Like

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by otokx(m): 5:16pm On Jan 27, 2023
The ATMs in Port Harcourt are dispensing the new notes in 1000 denominations.

The issues are that Nigerians hate to queue, then you will see a POS person bring 15 cards to withdraw in one sitting.

Today we had to restrict everybody to maximum of 2 cards so that it can go round.
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by mechanics(m): 5:27pm On Jan 27, 2023
Nice one, the ATM here are dispensing only ₦1,000 notes.
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Dbegining: 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
NinjaXmetahuman:
the op is just being foolish like a typical Nigerian who only thinks if it's not affecting me then it's not affecting everyone else.

The way the mumu is arrogantly talking as if the whole Nigeria is his village in onitsha is even the annoying part.

I Spent almost 1 product hour on the queue yesterday just trying to withdraw 20k. I had to spend like extra 700 just to withdraw the remaining 30k I needed from pos operators cos I needed cash not transfer for the stuffs I wanted to buy. Those ones mixed old and new money together.

Then this fool is all over the place acting as if everything is alright all over Nigeria because he withdrew less than 10k from ATM in like 3 days to deadline..

Very annoying people.

Bro, I had to spend some old notes carelessly because I had to do away with them. Wasting money.
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by BossGerald: 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2023
Dybala11:

To hell with those destroyers called Apshit. Na dem and our past politicians made the economic mess we're dealing with right now.
The problem is that CBN should have started the implementation of that policy since last year. ATMs ought to have started dispensing the new notes since December. Some ATMs are still dispensing the old note even though the deadline still remains in place. The idea is not properly planned jor.

To be honest Bro, it was not properly planned...after the announcement it took them nearly two months to unveil ordinary recolored notes, then another 2 to 3 weeks to release it in December last year.

I saw one video online where at a party on lagos, someone was seen with bundles of the new naira note, selling it according to the video...this was a day after the notes was released to the banks.

That means from then till now it's either banks in some places are hoarding it waiting for the deadline or many people who withdrew it earlier hoarded it waiting for the deadline also.

Watch from February and see how the new currency will flood the market from nowhere, because those hoarding can no longer transact with old naira so they have no other option than to bring it out.

My major concern is vote buying by this Apc desperate tinubu.
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Dybala11(m): 6:24pm On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

To be honest Bro, it was not properly planned...after the announcement it took them nearly two months to unveil ordinary recolored notes, then another 2 to 3 weeks to release it in December last year.

I saw one video online where at a party on lagos, someone was seen with bundles of the new naira note, selling it according to the video...this was a day after the notes was released to the banks.

That means from then till now it's either banks in some places are hoarding it waiting for the deadline or many people who withdrew it earlier hoarded it waiting for the deadline also.

Watch from February and see how the new currency will flood the market from nowhere, because those hoarding can no longer transact with old naira so they have no other option than to bring it out.

My major concern is vote buying by this Apc desperate tinubu.
God help us Nigerians, and make we all help ourselves and wise up as the elections are coming up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign / A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) / Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.