Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,696 members, 7,955,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:29 AM

Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers (8370 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / Non-indigenous Groups In Lagos Endorse Akinwunmi Ambode’s Governorship Ambition / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by Ovularia: 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2011
Abia ‘deports’ non indigenous workers
By Ugochukwu Eke, Umuahia 16 hours 57 minutes ago
Font size:

NON indigenes on the payroll of the Abia State Government are to be sent back to their different states, no thanks to the implementation of the new minimum wage of N18,000.
Governor Theodore Orji who dropped the hint yesterday also said that arrangements have been concluded by his administration to absorb any Abia indigene affected by a similar policy in other states.
According to him, the step became necessary to enable the state implement the new minimum wage, which has set many state governments against workers under the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress (TUC) umbrella.
Speaking with reporters in Umuahia, the state capital, as part of the ceremony to mark the 20-year anniversary of the creation of the state and the first 100 days in office of Governor Orji, the state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Don Ubani, said that the exercise became necessary for obvious reasons.
Ubani said: “The state government has decided to return all non indigenes working in the state civil service back to their states of origin, so that our people who have been displaced in some other states will have a place to work and earn their living.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/18677-minimum-wage%3A-abia-%E2%80%98deports%E2%80%99-non-indigenous-workers.html
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by samm(m): 9:56pm On Sep 08, 2011
Bull.  Unprogressive.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by chiozor: 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2011
don't know what to make of this now angry
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by Afam4eva(m): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2011
chiozor:

don't know what to make of this now angry

Very unprogressive. Only a governor like TA Orji can do something like this.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by texazzpete(m): 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2011
Excellent!

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not applauding the move, i think it is quite possibly the most imbecilic thing any politician can ever think of doing. But i'm not surprised. When I served in Abia state, that was the only state in Nigeria where Local Govt council officials were openly scheming Corps members out of the Polio + Vitamin C immunization campaign just to put their own people there. As one councillor muttered to my hearing "Why should Corper come and take our job"?

No, why I'm happy is that schemes like these will visit suffering upon many of the masses in Abia State.

You see, suffering is the only thing that can drive Nigerians to redeem themselves. The people of Edo State rose up against the PDP after 8 years of disastrous misrule by PDP's Lucky Igbinedion (Curses be Upon Him!). The sight of the usually tribalistic Bini people protesting violently against the election of their fellow bini brother gave the clear message that these people were fed up, they had suffered enough and wanted no more of the party that gave them Lucky Igbinedion (Thrice Accursed!).

The people of Imo State were even more creditable! They cast aside Ohakim after just 4 years of suffering! They must be applauded for their rejection of suffering, even more that the good people of benin.

So now we come to Abia State. Even with all the years of Godfatherism, political killings and unchecked Kidnapping (the most brainless, senseless and bloodthirsty kidnappers in Nigeria are based there) they still elected the same crooks that have been dealing with them. Even with all the lack of development and rampant theft of state funds!

So the only conclusion is that they have not suffered enough. Perhaps when they suffer more in the next 4 years, they'll grow the cojones to do what must be done. If not, we'll continue looking at them with pity  grin.

Shame has failed to redeem Nigerians. perhaps suffering will? We'll see.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by ono(m): 3:12pm On Sep 09, 2011
Tex,
Very well said o.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by iwonbaoko1: 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2011
that is yibbos for you!!
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by iwonbaoko1: 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2011
the only surprise is that it is in the news. yibbos are always like that
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by ak47mann(m): 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2011
ojir is dumb a.s.s governor i don't no why abians didn't turn the place up side down like there sister IMO state did doing the last election the guy makes me angry bad leader bad governor abians could have riot the whole place b4 he knows it federal govt will call him and beg him to Go,
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by showstopa: 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2011
About to become a tribal bashing thread abi after you guys would castigate the guy whose post on hatred made it to the first page.Can't you fools do without being tribalistic for once? speaking to iwaonbaoku or something
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by saintneo(m): 5:42pm On Sep 09, 2011
Absolute rubbish!
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by Ournaija: 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2011
iwonbaoko1:

the only surprise is that it is in the news. yibbos are always like that

His fellow Yibbos hate him. That man must be mad or under a curse. cry cry cry
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2011
ok, what does this have to do with being Yibbo or Ibo now Don't u guys get tired
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by iwonbaoko1: 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2011
don't mind them they are pretending. they support him gidigba.

yibbos are like that. ask benjamin adekunle or general katsina,they know the yibbos well
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by iwonbaoko1: 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2011
what does this have to do with being YIBBO?. they evict non-yibbo and you are still asking eri mo seleke!!!
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by ak47mann(m): 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2011
iwonbaoko1:

what does this have to do with being YIBBO?. they evict non-yibbo and you are still asking eri mo seleke!!!
you want me to start with you again you no me i will diss you and the worst thing is that my mouth is too too dangerous am warning you the last time go and drink BRUKUTU and sleep cool
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by Ournaija: 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2011
iwonbaoko1:

don't mind them they are pretending. they support him gidigba.

yibbos are like that. ask benjamin adekunle or general katsina,they know the yibbos well

I read in some places where Abians were raining curses, fire, thunder and brimstone to consume that madman.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by iwonbaoko1: 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2011
@ ak7mann
you diss me i face your mother and father one time buy burukutu for them
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by ak47mann(m): 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2011
iwonbaoko1:

@ ak7mann
you diss me i face your mother and father one time buy burukutu for them
MOTHER AND FATHER am even good at it bring it on then.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by odumchi: 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2011
Ndi Abia State n'ebe akwa  cry
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by deadie(m): 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2011
All this Yoruba f.ools have started again. I hope this id.iot by the name T.A Orji dies soon for ruining and giving Abia state a bad name.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by bashydemy(m): 6:33pm On Sep 09, 2011
God punish this stupid Ibos where are those idiots wanting a post in Government in the SW Lagos particular God punish una make una come thief am now and the only Commissioner you have will be send back home soon
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by macroworld: 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2011
I can not make any rational sense of this ?
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2011
texazzpete:

Excellent!

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not applauding the move, i think it is quite possibly the most imbecilic thing any politician can ever think of doing. But i'm not surprised. When I served in Abia state, that was the only state in Nigeria where Local Govt council officials were openly scheming Corps members out of the Polio + Vitamin C immunization campaign just to put their own people there. As one councillor muttered to my hearing "Why should Corper come and take our job"?

No, why I'm happy is that schemes like these will visit suffering upon many of the masses in Abia State.

You see, suffering is the only thing that can drive Nigerians to redeem themselves. The people of Edo State rose up against the PDP after 8 years of disastrous misrule by PDP's Lucky Igbinedion (Curses be Upon Him!). The sight of the usually tribalistic Bini people protesting violently against the election of their fellow bini brother gave the clear message that these people were fed up, they had suffered enough and wanted no more of the party that gave them Lucky Igbinedion (Thrice Accursed!).

The people of Imo State were even more creditable! They cast aside Ohakim after just 4 years of suffering! They must be applauded for their rejection of suffering, even more that the good people of benin.

So now we come to Abia State. Even with all the years of Godfatherism, political killings and unchecked Kidnapping (the most brainless, senseless and bloodthirsty kidnappers in Nigeria are based there) they still elected the same crooks that have been dealing with them. Even with all the lack of development and rampant theft of state funds!

So the only conclusion is that they have not suffered enough. Perhaps when they suffer more in the next 4 years, they'll grow the cojones to do what must be done. If not, we'll continue looking at them with pity  grin.

Shame has failed to redeem Nigerians. perhaps suffering will? We'll see.
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by aljharem3: 6:48pm On Sep 09, 2011
bashy_demy:

God punish this silly Ibos where are those idiots wanting a post in Government in the SW Lagos particular God punish una make una come thief am now and the only Commissioner you have will be send back home soon

are u mad or something ?
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by JamesDoe: 6:48pm On Sep 09, 2011
Is the Nigerian constitution not operational any more?

If someone is born in a state, but whose parents are not from that state, and has lived all his life in that state is he son of the soil or foreigner?

Just asking for my own knowledge in case anyone knows the answer?
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by seanet02: 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2011
Thumbs Up!!!
The easiest way for Ibos to become the Governor of Lagos.
[size=20pt]Just Notice that the report was carried by The Nation, Official Newspaper of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu[/size]
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by htajz: 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2011
most states in nigeria dont even employ non indigens so dis no be news
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by kenselect: 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2011
Gov. T.A Orji is worst gov. in the east.That man is most confuse gov. in Nigeria.Infact Orji has notin to offer to Abians.He suppose to go with Ohakim.Foolish men.ORJI na kwa echeki
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by htajz: 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2011
Ubani said: “The state government has decided to return all non indigenes working in the state civil service back to their states of origin, so that our people who have been displaced in some other states will have a place to work and earn their living.”

why didnt they mention other states that are also doing the same thing? this is the begining of the break up of nigeria .
Re: Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers by Delible(m): 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2011
Unbelievable that someone is thinking like this.Whats the guys qualification sef. Dumb Governor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

House Of Reps. Members Show GEJ How To Say 'No' To 'Greek Gifts' / We’re Ready To Resume Petrol Importation - Marketers / Tinubu Spotted Sleeping On Duty In Office (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.