Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded (27590 Views)

Tribunal Accepts Bvas Reports Showing Over-voting Against Adeleke / Saraki: Osun People Reclaimed PDP, Adeleke’s Stolen Mandate / Aregbesola Addresses Osun People On APC Primary Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by Winning123: 11:51am On Jan 28, 2023
It was Oyetola's party agents who blew the whistle. And why should you use an agent that can be compromised? It says a lot about the candidate's incompetency. Moreso if your agent is compromised that is not known to the law. Your point is not tenable at all

Brendaniel:

This is Nigeria, party agents can still be compromised, if not how did PDP get over voting successful even with the agents of other parties there....
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by press9jatv: 11:56am On Jan 28, 2023
Minority Judgement Vs Controversial Majority Judgement. Appeal Court should get ready....

Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by Hdayo1(m): 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2023
9jahotblog:
The "New Electoral Law" stipulated that, anywhere that is Over Voting; be it Ward (s) or Polling Unit, such Election area will be cancelled totally and call for re-run Election.
Now, it is unlawful for the Tribunal to cancel 749 Polling Units where PDP won and then declared a winner. It’s impossible and won’t stand.
Adeleke will surely win on appeal and the Supreme Court too.
We need to bring sense back to the Legal system.
Hence, Re-run is the worst case here if you cancelled 749 Polling Units.
Read subsection 4 of that same electoral act sir. Don’t stop at 2 and 3.

1 Like

Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by newnigerdelta00: 12:05pm On Jan 28, 2023
9jahotblog:
NEWS RELEASE
27/01/2023

Osun Judgement: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim of Over-Voting Unfounded

••••Writes INEC over Appeal against Judgement

The Executive Governor of Osun State, Governor Ademola Adeleke has addressed the people of Osun state, restating his rejection of the Tribunal judgement and affirming his appeal to higher court.

In an address to the people of the state, Governor Adeleke observed the discrepancies in the judgement of the Tribunal Chairman, describing the outcome as "miscarriage of justice.

"My good people of Osun state, we have all heard the split judgement of the governorship election tribunal. Two members of the Tribunal delivered two opposing judgements, the Chairman and the member one. The member 2, did not deliver any judgment, she abstained.

"The Chairman's judgment affirmed the claim of over-voting, while the Member One's judgment agreed with our position as captured by the BVAS machines which is the primary source of accreditation data of true accreditation on the day of the Election.
"The reality of my election as the Governor of Osun State is captured in the member one's judgement. The claim of over-voting in the Chairman's judgment was unfounded.This was clearly a miscarriage of Justice. Based on the above, there was no majority judgment.

"My good people of Osun state, I am still your Governor. I have the right of appeal on the Chairman's judgement and I have instructed my Lawyers accordingly.

"You gave me your Mandate, our election remains valid and by the Grace of God we will triumph at last. I call on you all to remain calm and go about your normal activities, peacefully. Please Remain Law abiding.
"We have strong faith in God and in our judiciary", the State Governor concluded in his second state address.

Meanwhile, the counsels to the state governor have filed appeal against the Tribunal judgement.

The counsels have also written the electoral commission intimating it of the appeal and seeking non-implementation of the judgement until the determination of the Appeal.

Signed:
Mallam Olawale Rasheed,
Spokesperson to the Executive Governor

Talk true adeleke,hotshit catch you nor lie
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by frankson1(m): 12:08pm On Jan 28, 2023
Austriaopen:
The kangaroo court judgement will be overruled soon.

So terrible party with evil mongers . They have come up with new tactics of overnight over voting tactics to overturn elections if it doesn't favour them.

How can their be over voting? Those who were accredited were the one who voted during the election. So where did they see the over voting figures from?

Crazy country!

It's still possible that you can be allowed to vote without accreditation. The officials who allow voters to vote without accreditation only do this for their own safety.

In this case, I think the PDP was trying to play a fast one because they brought results from another BVA different from the one that was used for the elections.

You guys should try to reason things without emotions irrespective of the party, candidate or group you support or belong.

1 Like

Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by Brendaniel: 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2023
Winning123:
It was Oyetola's party agents who blew the whistle. And why should you use an agent that can be compromised? It says a lot about the candidate's incompetency. Moreso if your agent is compromised that is not known to the law. Your point is not tenable at all

You are talking as if human beings have never been betrayed by their most loyal workers before...
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by Sleekfingers: 12:12pm On Jan 28, 2023
2 mins governor
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by Gohs: 12:47pm On Jan 28, 2023
The over voting is because polling unit officers were told to transfer the number of true voters from the BVAS machine INTO Form EC8.

This is where some officers rigged.

E.g BVAS recorded 450voters, officer recorded 600voters inside Form EC8.

INEC should no longer use Form EC8 to calculate election results.

All calculations should be based on BVAS machines NO MORE use of Form EC8!

Peter Obi will win this election by God's grace.

Vote Labour Party cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by mikaael(m): 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2023
Okoroawusa:
I don't understand....na PDP lost for tribunal but na Obidients dey cry...am I missing something?

Actually na you dey cry 😭
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by Flows001(m): 1:33pm On Jan 28, 2023
IgOga:
Unfounded in your bedroom abi grin grin grin

Baba you don loose...no way back inec, pdp and apc all agreed there was overvoting. The law is clear it's cancellation not rerun......you nor rig with sense na why
Which Law is clear?
The Law didn't allow for just cancellation, it further states that another poll be conducted in the affected polling units.
Worst comes to worst, it's a rerun that may likely happen in those polling units, the appeal and Supreme Court won't just outrightly cancel and declare like the tribunal did!
Check subsection 3 attached

Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by Rajiolaade: 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2023
9jahotblog:
The "New Electoral Law" stipulated that, anywhere that is Over Voting; be it Ward (s) or Polling Unit, such Election area will be cancelled totally and call for re-run Election.
Now, it is unlawful for the Tribunal to cancel 749 Polling Units where PDP won and then declared a winner. It’s impossible and won’t stand.
Adeleke will surely win on appeal and the Supreme Court too.
We need to bring sense back to the Legal system.
Hence, Re-run is the worst case here if you cancelled 749 Polling Units.
how did isiaka adeleke became governor? Over voting at ikirun ( late oladosu's town) made results the results cancelled and late adeleke became governor. Karma manifested.
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by Funflipper: 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2023
9jahotblog:
Really the black market judgement in yesterday tribunal court will never stand in appeal and Supreme Court of justice. The last option is to declare rerun in all the polling units where the alleged over voting took place. As it stands today Senator Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke remain the governor of Osun State

A governor who cannot express himself clearly even in simple terms.
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by Adedaniel211(m): 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2023
Aboguede:
1 month governor grin
two months governor sir.. 27th of November 2022 to January 27th 2023
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by Abassmt: 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2023
Rajiolaade:
how did isiaka adeleke became governor? Over voting at ikirun ( late oladosu's town) made results the results cancelled and late adeleke became governor. Karma manifested.
Ese pupo, I was about to type the same thing could it be karma please let watch and see.

1 Like

Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by Spandau: 4:07pm On Jan 28, 2023
IgOga:
Unfounded in your bedroom abi grin grin grin

Baba you don loose...no way back inec, pdp and apc all agreed there was overvoting. The law is clear it's cancellation not rerun......you nor rig with sense na why

When an Igbo man speaks. Hmmmm
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by Spandau: 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2023
seunmsg:

The election was rigged and justice was done. Why should APC accept the result of a rigged election?

Yinmu! Jackson Adeleke still remains the governor. Your kangaroo tribunal is a charade.
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by yommygift15: 6:24pm On Jan 28, 2023
The case of osun as shown that voting is a waste of time let me keep my pvc for bank transaction and other online registrations.
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by Hespee93: 7:36am On Jan 29, 2023
Okoroawusa:
I don't understand....na PDP lost for tribunal but na Obidients dey cry...am I missing something?

They must cry cos they are sharing from the wealth of Adeleke family.

Take for instance, Davido got married to Chioma, indirectly their daughter is part of Adeleke family
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by suleimanshehu: 9:15am On Jan 29, 2023
Brendaniel:

The ballot papers have all the party logos, the thumb print must be for a particular party, how can someone thumbprint on a party-less ballot paper...

How would you know which party over-voted to removed their excess vote from the total vote cast? It is practically impossible, so the best thing is to cancel or remove all the vote from such polling unit or ward.

For instance there is 1 mudu of sugar, some one pour 2 cup of his sugar inside the original. Can you in honesty be able to pick the particles of the 2 cup of sugar without probably picking some by chance from the 1 mudu?
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by Brendaniel: 9:45am On Jan 29, 2023
suleimanshehu:

How would you know which party over-voted to removed their excess vote from the total vote cast? It is practically impossible, so the best thing is to cancel or remove all the vote from such polling unit or ward.

For instance there is 1 mudu of sugar, some one pour 2 cup of his sugar inside the original. Can you in honesty be able to pick the particles of the 2 cup of sugar without probably picking some by chance from the 1 mudu?

Oga I have already explained this, it is very possible, you don't even need to know the party the over voting went for, just match all paper thumb prints with the BVAS accredited thumb prints using a thumb print scanning machine, any thumb print on the ballot paper that doesn't match any accredited BVAS thumb print or comes twice or more is automatically deleted by the system, the system doesn't even need to verify the party the votes went to.

Is that not easier, cheaper and faster than election tribunal and rerun?
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by suleimanshehu: 9:45am On Jan 29, 2023
tabaralph:

It’s very easy from your permutations and combination just take away the extra 50 votes that were not accredited by BVAS and count only the 100 as the legitimate vote and that was the exactly what the tribunal did…QED

Or subtract the 50 out of the 150 = 100 so, how are we going to know if the over voted 50 belongs to APC or PDP? So is either they cancel the votes or divide the affected votes equal to both PDP & APC. For instance APC 60k affected votes + PDP 103k affected votes = 163k votes divided by 2 = 81.5k votes.
By Using cancellation as canvas by the Tribunal APC= 314k
PDP= 290k.
By dividing the 103k suspected vote in to two and share to both parties bcx by chance or probability both APC & PDP have equal chance of scoring half of 103k votes i.e. 81.5k votes

So, final computation APC 314k + 81.5k = 395.5k votes
PDP 290k + 81.5k = 371.5k votes

EITHER WAY APC STILL WIN
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by rolams(m): 9:56am On Jan 29, 2023
IamNat:
Normal thing now, Oyetola also knew this, and he has said this yesterday that if Gov Adeleke is not satisfied, he should appeal the judgment. I just hope that by the time Oyetola wins again, you people will not turn yourself to judges who knows the interpretations of the law than the judges.

The primary source which is the BVAS said there was no over voting. The BVAS should have been examined in the court because we have two conflicting reports. The one from INEC BVAS (submitted by INEC) and the BVASR (the report submitted by oyetola councel).

This is the reason why I believe the judgement will be upturned at the higher court.
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by rolams(m): 10:00am On Jan 29, 2023
Rajiolaade:

How did oyetola became the governor?
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by tabaralph: 11:03am On Jan 29, 2023
suleimanshehu:

Or subtract the 50 out of the 150 = 100 so, how are we going to know if the over voted 50 belongs to APC or PDP? So is either they cancel the votes or divide the affected votes equal to both PDP & APC. For instance APC 60k affected votes + PDP 103k affected votes = 163k votes divided by 2 = 81.5k votes.
By Using cancellation as canvas by the Tribunal APC= 314k
PDP= 290k.
By dividing the 103k suspected vote in to two and share to both parties bcx by chance or probability both APC & PDP have equal chance of scoring half of 103k votes i.e. 81.5k votes

So, final computation APC 314k + 81.5k = 395.5k votes
PDP 290k + 81.5k = 371.5k votes

EITHER WAY APC STILL WIN

The statistician i sight you dear…,
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by tabaralph: 11:07am On Jan 29, 2023
rolams:

The primary source which is the BVAS said there was no over voting. The BVAS should have been examined in the court because we have two conflicting reports. The one from INEC BVAS (submitted by INEC) and the BVASR (the report submitted by oyetola councel).

This is the reason why I believe the judgement will be upturned at the higher court.

It’s either you are not following the tribunal proceedings or you just want to be clever by half, do you know that the osun state inec confessed at the tribunal that there was over voting in more than 700 polling units?
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by tabaralph: 11:16am On Jan 29, 2023
Hdayo1:

Read subsection 4 of that same electoral act sir. Don’t stop at 2 and 3.

They only quoted the law section that favour them, electoral laws are double edged sword
Re: Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded by rolams(m): 2:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
tabaralph:

It’s either you are not following the tribunal proceedings or you just want to be clever by half, do you know that the osun state inec confessed at the tribunal that there was over voting in more than 700 polling units?

No, he never said that. He said there was a seemingly over voting from the report submitted by the APC because of the synchronization that has not been completed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Constitutional Amendment: See The Nine Key Areas Senate, House Of Reps Disagree. / Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) / Place Osinbajo Against Orji Uzor Kalu - Peter P'Square Tackles Tribalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.