Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope (6445 Views)

Jonathan Not A Corrupt Leader – Ebenezer Babatope / I’ll Expose Failures Of Ex-heads Of State – Jonathan / Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by woetooam4j: 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2011
I’ll expose Tinubu and ACN leaders soon –Babatope, Director of Organisation in the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN)

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

“Wait. When we get to 2014 and start campaigns for 2015 elections, we will let Nigerians know all these things you are talking about. But, for the meantime, they are on the streets, saying they are of the Awoist camp. Fine. Anybody who says that is welcome”

Babatope

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2011/sep/7/sun/Babatope20-07[1].jpg[/img]
advertisement

As Director of Organisation in the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria, UPN, in the Second Republic, Chief Ebenezer Babatope cut a niche for himself as a firebrand acolyte of the legendary,Chief Obafemi Awolowo. His acceptance of the position of a minister in the General Abacha led military regime however diffused the impression.

He has come back smoking hot, rekindling the flame of those days.

In this interview with CHIDI OBINECHE he speaks on the hey days with Awo, how he was barred by the Alliance of Democracy(AD) leaders from the party, the Olabode George imprisonment saga, the single term proposal and more.

Excerpts:

You’ve been in politics in the last three or four decades. But in the last 15 years, your political step tends to indicate that you’ve abandoned your familiar track i.e Awoism. How true is that?

Absolutely false. Those who are peddling it are idle minds. They don’t know what they are talking about. It is very difficult for me to forget my days as an Awoist, to forget my days as an activist, to forget my days as a man committed to working for the best interest of the people. I mean, I am not 40 years old. I am not 30 years old. I am 68. Therefore, there are certain things that age will demand from a person you don’t expect me to start doing things that will enable my opponents feel that I have already given up hope in fighting for the masses.

This thing started in 1994 when I became a minister under the Gen. Abacha regime. And I have written two books about this. What do you want me to do?” I have written “The Abacha regime and the June 12 crisis,” and “The Abacha regime: What went wrong?” I explained all the details that people need. I didn’t sell myself to the Abacha government. Infact, you are the last person I’m going to give this interview to, in terms of what happened before. I didn’t sell myself to the Abacha government, I was given to the Abacha government by members or leaders of my political movement and the Awoist camp. So, problem started along the line. And believe me, if you go and read my book, “The Abacha regime and the June 12 crisis” it spoke for democracy, it explained all this things. I am still myself.

But some people feel that having joined the Abacha regime, and had some knocks, the return to democracy in 1999 presented an opportunity to re-unite with your “kindred spirits,” who were largely in the then Alliance for Democracy (AD)?

Get you facts clear. I joined party politics in this dispensation on November 22, 1999, after one year that the process started, I wanted to identify myself with them; the younger ones were prepared to have me along with them, but the older ones were not. Why, do you want me to be crying and begging. So, I went to join the PDP, which also had many of my friends who were and are still of the Awoist camp.

Who are these?

Ah, Senator Martin Jubril Kuye, Senator Omilani, Yemi Olu Alabi, Yemi Famoumbi, Prof. Tunde Adeniran, Muyiwa Oladimeji, Dayo Abatan. So many of them. People make a mistake which I want to correct. Many people believe that the PDP is the NPN of old. That is not correct. The people that founded the PDP were people mostly that belonged to the progressive parties in the second republic, and also of the SDP in the succeeding republic.

You cannot say that Chief Solomon Lar, Prof. Jerry Gana, that they belonged to a conservative class in Nigeria. They are progressive leaders. And when I waited for one year, and the people in the AD did not say come in, even when I had shown them all the interests in going with them, I joined PDP.

Looking back now, would you think they are carrying on very well with the ideologies, principles and philosophies of the late Chief Awolowo?

I know I am carrying on with the philosophies of the late Awo and I can never deviate. That is my life. I cannot talk for those that are in the ACN now. I am not a member of their party. You want me to talk about that. I cannot do that.

But you can do a dispassionate overview?

Those who claim to be of the Awoist camp, I wish them the best of luck. What they do with their utterances can really justify whether they are of the Awoist camp or not. So I cannot judge them. It’s like committing Harakiri against history.

But what about things like free education, which Awo gave. They are not doing it?

Wait. When we get to 2014 and start campaigns for 2015 elections, we will let Nigerians know all these things you are talking about. But, for the meantime, they are on the streets, saying they are of the Awoist camp. Fine. Anybody who says that is welcome. But essentially, the masses will judge them on whether they are actually meeting what Papa Awolowo did when he was Premier of Western Nigeria and when he was leader of the Action Group (AG), and the Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN).

Awo is perceived as the greatest man from Yoruba extraction. But some people argue that the late Chief MKO Abiola, and Chief Olusegun Obasanjo tower above him in terms of goal and office attainment, and national acceptance?

Nobody has ever said that. Abiola and Obasanjo are leaders in their own right. They are great men. Abiola did very well and became the martyr of the struggle. But none of them, their relations or supporters can ever say that the two men are greater.

Infact, let me give you a correction, Awolowo was not just a Yoruba leader. He was not. Papa Awolowo was a Pan-African leader, who had his connections with all the progressive elements all over the world. When he was studying in London, he was a member of the British Labour Party (LP).

And when we were in the second republic UPN, myself and the late MCK Ajuluchukwu, because of Papa’s connection were trained in LP of great Britain and SGB of Germany. Chief Obafemi Awolowo was first and foremost a Yoruba man. papa Awolowo said something that is very vital and which all Nigerian politicians should learn from. He said before you can claim to be a good Nigerian, you must first of all be a good person from your town or tribal area. So, if that is the basis of the assumption that Awo was a good Yoruba leader, yes you’re right. But in all perspectives, he was one of the greatest African leaders that have emerged recently. A man who had vision, a man who had focus, and a man who was imbued with progressive ideas, fighting all the way till he died for the best interest of Nigeria.

You were Director of organization in the then UPN. You were very visible especially in the media. Now, if you would have another opportunity, what did you do wrong then that you would like to correct?

There was nothing I did wrong at that time because I was lucky to have been tutored by a great Pan-African leader, Chief Obafemi Awolowo. And apart from that, ordinarily I am an Nkrumalist, I believe very much in the cause of Kwame Nkrumah of Ghana. And honestly when you put all those things together I didn’t do anything wrong because at every given stage, Papa Awolowo was giving me corrections, if I made any mistake that time.

So what were the mistakes he corrected you?

Papa Awolowo corrected me about one thing; that I should not accept that some people are my political enemies, Papa said, you don’t have political enemies. If you say you have political enemies, you endanger your health. It was Papa who warned me and I want to say this. One day Chief Obasanjo made a statement and I picked my biro and went after him. Papa cautioned me and said, the moment you accept that one is your political enemy, when you’re reacting to him, there are certain glands in the human body that secrets dangerous hormones, and when that happens you can get any of these dangerous diseases – cancer, prostrate etc. But you must purge yourself of anything that will make you believe that anybody is your political opponent, look forward and present an objective matter that is principled.

When the AD shut you out, why didn’t you persist?

Embrace them in isolation of what was going on? A politician that makes himself idle is finished. Don’t make yourself idle. I have asked myself questions if the leaders of the AD at that time had said don’t come in, there are other political parties in Nigeria. Many Nigerians forget this fact that many of the political parties, even the AD came from the bosom of the PDP. They were all members of the PDP. So when I went to join the PDP on November 22, 1999, that was what motivated me. Like I told you, many of my friends who were of the Awolowo stock were already in the PDP.

You want to be the National Secretary of the PDP now? What is new that you are going to bring into that office, looking at your antecedents?

First of all, I am making consultations. I cannot announce openly that I want to be the National Secretary of the PDP, because the National Working Committee (NWC) has not yet formally announced that the post of the national secretary of the body has been zoned to the South-West. And secondly, the South-West PDP leaders are yet to meet, because they have not been told to fill the position. But if the NWC zones it to the South-West and secondly if the PDP leaders in the South-West affirm the position, then I can then come out to say that I want to contest the position. So, all I am doing now is to make underground connections, connections with people before offering myself. But to answer your question, I believe very much that the PDP must advance from being the largest political party in Africa to showing that it is the best. We have the best organization on the ground, but basically it is that which has been brought by all the elements and leaders who have got real historical past. But we must link it to what is happening now. President Goodluck Jonathan says he is involved in transformation programme. The administration of the PDP must be nurtured towards ensuring that the transformational policy has meaning, has effectiveness, has focus, vision and result.

And these are the things that are going to happen. Secondly, there must be need to harness all the resources available to the PDP in terms of men, materials and other things. Bring them together and advance the cause of the party. So, political parties have become major areas of interest in the world for development. Organization within the political parties must aim at the truth, and be geared towards getting results for the party. These are the things I want to put together, if those things happen and if the PDP believes that it can really have a Secretary, I believe that in this world, you can only progress, if that organization puts together all the facts it has in terms of experience, maturity and age and these are the edge I have. I am qualified. And if any other position like the Chairman has been zoned to the South-West, I will not contest. But if they zone the secretaryship and the PDP leaders affirm it, I will contest. Like I told you, these are the things I want to do. We are preparing a manifesto on what I am going to do. In the next one month, I shall announce and bring out the manifesto.

The PDP has lost the South-West that they used to control. What do you think went wrong?

We have ourselves to blame for that. We, in the PDP were not united. And a house that was not united paved way for failure. And I give you state by state analysis. Take Ogun State for example, three political parties grew out of the PDP to contest against the ACN. We had the PDP that had Tunji Olurin as governorship candidate, we had PPN that had Adeleke Isiaka as the governorship candidate and there was the Labour Party (LP), that had Rev. Jide Awosadori as gubernatorial candidate. And all this people were formidable PDP people. When you had all these from PDP fighting ACN, of course the result would be predictable.

Go to Oyo State, the government of the ACN in Oyo State is a hopeless minority. Because of in-fighting in PDP, Rasheed Ladoja, Bayo Akala, and others were not united. If you put the votes of Ladoja of Accord Party and Akala together, it is 235,000 more than the votes of Ajimobi. And if you analyse Ajimobi’s votes, you find out that Folarin, the former Senate leader, Lekan Balogun, Elder Wole Oyelese, Bolarunmi, former Deputy governor, also contributed to Ajimobi’s votes. If you put them together you find out that the votes that the PDP would have used to wallop Ajimobi would have been more than 400,000. Now to Osun State, we lost the state because we were fighting ourselves. And many of us have learnt lessons from that. We were quarrelling about who will become governor, not believing that it is only God who gives power to human beings.

The Igbos have a saying “Onye ma echi. Echi di ime” (who knows tomorrow. It is pregnant). Only God knows tomorrow. No one knows tomorrow. That was in a record I cannot forget. It was made popular by Celestine Ukwu. As we were fighting ourselves for the governorship of the state, our government was stolen by Justice Salami and his group. That is why I laugh when people say he is an angel. He is not an angel. That character? But I have refused to take my pen and start writing about him because there is little gap in age between him and me. But our government was stolen by the man and his gang of judicial officers in Ibadan. But the time we now came back, it was difficult for us in Osun State to pull our acts together. And therefore, my brother, Aregbesola became governor.

So, it was majorly disunity that made us to lose South-West. But this does not remove the fact and I am saying it with all efforts at my command and with the fear of God, that the PDP is very, very strong in the South-West. Take Lagos State, we won Lagos by 1.2 million votes in the presidential elections. But if we were to put our acts together, all the PDP leaders in Lagos, we would have won the governorship. We have learnt lessons, and that is what is important and we are prepared to build on it. By 2015, we would not only have regained control of the South-west, but we would also have built up a formidable force in the PDP that no ACN in this world can challenge our control of the state.

This disunity you are talking about, was it responsible for the plight of the former South-West PDP leader, Olabode George, who ended up in prison?

Let me tell you I now want to talk to you as a lawyer. Bode George, is my friend. I have known Bode George for the last 40-50 years. We went to the same university. I was one year ahead of him. But talking as a lawyer, honestly speaking, Bode George was a political prisoner. He was computerized to prison by our political opponents.

Who are they?
[size=18pt]
[b]I won’t tell you. You should know. Bola Tinubu is a great political calculator. Say what you like, Bola Tinubu is a heavy political calculator. And I want to concede that to him. In the first instance, there was no business of Bode George being tried by a High Court of Lagos State. Bode George was involved with Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) which is a Federal concern. If I, as a lawyer, I had access to my friend Ayalanja; we ought to have raised that fundamental point. If this man was to be tried at all, it would have been by a Federal High Court and not a Lagos High Court.

When a motion was raised, because we were talking about jurisdiction, they went ahead to try him in a Lagos High Court. Of course, you know the influence of Tinubu in Lagos. I am not saying Tinubu interfered with the Judiciary. But I am saying that the influence of Tinubu in Lagos and the two of then are not political pals. But when the case went to the Court of Appeal, again we met Justice Salami, we met him. I am saying it clearly, Chidi, we met Justice Salami(emphasis). There was one woman again, Ogunbiyi, who also featured prominently in the tribunal at Ibadan. So, immediately we landed at the Court of Appeal, and we heard that Salami was there I just told our friend not to expect much. Bode George was a political prisoner; a victim of the viciousness of politics in Nigeria. But he has made history for himself and I know that by the grace of God he will be exonerated. [/b]
[/size]

You said his political opponents sent him to prison. But even at that, the PDP appears reluctant to accommodate him after his travails. He was barred from attending the party’s Board of Trustees (BoT) meeting.

(Cuts in) That is false. That is very, very false. By the grace of God, I am a member of the Board of Trustees of the PDP, at least till March next year, Bode George was not barred. He was not in the country when we had the BOT meeting in July 26. When I read it in one of the papers, I laughed. But you don’t react to everything you see in the papers, otherwise, you become a fool. Bode was a former deputy National Chairman of the PDP, he was national vice chairman(South-West) for the PDP, and by virue of being a former Deputy National Chairman of the party, he is a member of the BoT by our constitutional provisions.

So, who barred Bode Goerge? Nobody barred him. Again, don’t forget that there had been many political prisoners before in the world. Nkrumah was a political prisoner, Papa Awo was a political prisoner.

But there were not financial misdemeanour attached to their imprisonment?

Eeem! That’s true. That’s true. But then, for goodness sake, the basis under which it was said George had been jailed, if we apply it to governance since 1960, many people will go to jail.

Contract review. I was a minister for 12 or 14 months. And I know what I’m talking about. Review of contract and limitations of the chairman, the managing director, the board, up to the minister. If we apply that across board, many, many officials of government will be sent to prison, from 1960.

The performance of the PDP in government since 1999 is a subject of derision. There is decay of infrastructure, collapsed roads. Die hard fans of President Jonathan are regretting,voting for him. What is responsible for the slow pace of action, insecurity, bombings and no motion.

Let me be very honest with you and my fellow compatriots. We had this government only 3 months ago. Why are we in a hurry? It is not because I am in PDP that I am saying this? Why are we in a hurry? We are already judging them after 3 months? Those who are saying they regret voting for Jonathan, I’m sure nobody who is seen as an objective person will say thatr.

Maybe, out of frustration? These are Media Creations. All of you are creating these things.

Three months are too short to judge a government. In terms of security, there is no country in the world, you don’t have bombings,

Even when you don’t have bombings, there are political problems. A greek philosopher, HERACLITUS, once said that society must be in a permanent state of conflict no matter how the state is, it will have its own problems. Bombing is not peculiar to Nigeria. Even, we are very sad because we are not used to these things.

Nigeria is a country created by God. We passed through a civil war and we survived it. And when you talk about determination, from all indications, government is showing that it wants to achieve results.

Look at our foreign policy. It is very dynamic and strong. The recognition given to the National Transitional Council of Libya is a correct one. I am one of the fans of Ghadafi. He is only one year older than me. When I was about to graduate, Ghadafi staged a coup.

But where Ghadafi got it wrong is that he turned a dictator and stayed for 42 years and you say that our government should not recognize the NTC. No. 42 years in power? Our government recognizes the fact that Nigerian people will never, never affirm a ruler who turns himself into a dictator. That shows that foreign policy is dynamic. Our people say that a country’s foreign policy is an extension of that country’s domestic policy. We are going to get there.

Please comment on the single tenure proposal by the Federal Government?

I have written an article, where I appealed to Nigerians to give it a trial, and let us support it. These two terms thing in Nigeria is very hazardous and dangerous. When a government is put in place after elections, the secondary problem starts. People begin to ask about who is going to take over power.

But when the man knows he has a limit of 6 years, we are going to be saved of the commotion attached to these two terms syndrome.

Again, it is not a new thing in Nigeria. When the Abacha constituted conference left, it promulgated a constitution which was never signed into law; and which proposed that there should be a single term for office holders in Nigeria.

And when Obasanjo called the National Political Reforms Conference in 2005, it recommended that this country should embrace a single term of 6 years.

Infact, I was in the sub-committee of that conference that recommended a single term of 6 years of this country. That sub-committee was headed by former Senate President, Dr. Joseph Wayas.

And we had people like Jerry Gana, Segun Arisegun(current Ogun dep governor).

Gan Dutshi, Mustapha, Comrade Ejiofor of the NLC were all members.Taiwo Alimi, an ace broadcaster was a member.

I want Nigerians to sit down and analyse and they will definitely discover that it pays Nigeria better to have a single term for office holders.

I give you an example. The UPN was the best organized political party at the time. Nobody can dispute that. But for the charisma of Papa Awolowo, the UPN would have been badly splinttered by the contest for power which usually arise before elections. In 1982, those who wanted to take over power from the governors of the UPN, were so militant that if not for Papa Awo, the party would have gone into disintegration. And that was because of the two terms thing. I plead with Nigerians. Let’s support single term. It is going to end most of our political problems.

We are going to cement democracy in Nigeria as a form of government. We have done very well so far. We can further consolidate the gains of democracy if a man goes to power and concentrates. Some people ‘have said when a man goes to power on a single term, he doesn’t do anything. That’s not true.

Every human being wants to look for history. Every man wants a niche for himself. He wants to be remembered for things he has done.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/sep/7/508.html
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 08, 2011
Thank God he knows Tinubu to be a Great political calculator.
What of him will this old fool want to expose, since JAGABAN has perfectly calculated everything!!!
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by mulumele(m): 8:34am On Sep 08, 2011
The older they get, the less convincing they become. He used to command so much respect. Where are our heroes?
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by debetmx(m): 10:50am On Sep 08, 2011
With due respect, i never knew Ebenezer Babatope was this dumb.
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by EkoIle1: 11:27am On Sep 08, 2011
Obviously, these useless clowns don realize say the fear of Tinubu is the beginning is wisdom. Why soon, why not now? Why not during the last election? Their boss OBJ fought Tinubu with the all the federal tools at his disposal, but still end up getting defeated and not only bowed down to Tinubu, his yet to mess with Tinubu again or even say anything about Tinubu.

Even odechukwu had to go bow down and pay respect to Tinubu during the last election. The man left office years ago, he has no federal tools of protection and they still can't and won't touch him. What are they really scared of? Why with all their power, money and federal tools like the courts and the efcc, they are yet to touch this man? Who has dirt on who really.

Sometimes I wonder about these useless clowns.
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by BigMeat2: 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2011
Someone please tell this man, his time has passed and he is not longer relevant in Nigeria's democracy.
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by StDennis1: 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2011
@debetmx, you wont kill me with lafta o grin.
You are right, the e-diot is so evidently dumb. Bode's imprisonment is a slap on our intelligence as Nigerians. How can a rogue of Bode's maginitude be sentenced to just 2 years? It beats my imagination! Yet this nonentity is telling us rubbish. I guess the guy is broke so he's trying to seek relevance.

GGPAOY (God Go Punish All Of You)
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by Greenslim: 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2011
Criminal exposing criminal.
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by ideylaff: 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2011
With due respect, i never knew Ebenezer Babatope  was this dumb.

Abi ooo he his getting dumber as he is getting older,

oohhh u are just realising all these people who hide behind their so called awolowo ideology, trying to use the good mans name as a shield

EBINO TOPSY, "Ebenezer Babatope", please shut it we dont want to hear your rooster and bull stories johhhhh

I begiiiiii.

How much has Bode George paid you,  ? a return 1st class ticket to London

Did Bode G£$RG$ put his hand in the cookie jar or not?

Hungry and Angry man, "ELEBI BURUKU"
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by tommi34475: 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2011
cry its a pity, the glory has departed. my father told me this man was smart and respected, guess all that's left is the relic.
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by edicolove: 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2011
So I see how ACN supporters are quick to come here and insult him while ignoring the facts he said about Tinubu and Salami, etc. Tinubu's undoing and ACN's crash will come from within and will be a product of pride, simple.
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by walex0709: 1:00am On Sep 10, 2011
I wonder hw this man will convince us that a big thief like Bode George is a saint and neva had any skeleton in his cupboard wen jailed, anyway we cant deny d fact that there was Tinubu- Salamis' connection in the judicial- political arena
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by edicolove: 8:54am On Sep 10, 2011
While I will not defend Bode George or any one, I will ask a simple question. Have you ever reviewed the Bode George case to see what it was all about? Was he ever accused of stealing anything like the south western press and many on here have been harping about? The south west just use their propaganda machinery but it will backfire soon.
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by Delafruita(m): 9:35am On Sep 10, 2011
@edicolove

if you don't know what bode george was imprisoned for,then you have no business posting on this thread.
This ebenezer babatope is getting more annoying by the day.he says tinubu manouvred bode george into prison,why didnt he also state that bode george was accused of stealing over 2billion naira?why didnt he also state that bode gorge wasnt the only one imprisoned?at least i remember there were seven accused persons including the deputy chairman of the board of NPA who happens to be a cousin of current kano governor kwakwanso who tried all manner of lobbying with the presidency.
Babatope wants us to believe bode george is so foolish that he handed his case file over to quacks who are not aware of jurisdiction of courts whereas bode george was represented by a competent group of lawyers which included 3 SANs who would have made use of any loophole to free their client.
Babatope definitely lost his Awoism when he joined abacha's government as minister,that alone has made him lose all credibility.
He even said jibril martins kuye is an awoist.this man is a joker.does he think being alive during the time of awolowo is what makes an awoist?ophole to free their client.
Babatope definitely lost his Awoism when he joined abacha's government as minister,that alone has made him lose all credibility.
He even said jibril martins kuye is an awoist.this man is a joker.does he think being alive during the time of awolowo is what makes an awoist?
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by jason123: 9:40am On Sep 10, 2011
Delafruita:

@edicolove

if you don't know what bode george was imprisoned for,then you have no business posting on this thread.
This ebenezer babatope is getting more annoying by the day.[b]he says tinubu manouvred bode george into prison,why didnt he also state that bode george was accused of stealing over 2billion naira?[/b]why didnt he also state that bode gorge wasnt the only one imprisoned?at least i remember there were seven accused persons including the deputy chairman of the board of NPA who happens to be a cousin of current kano governor kwakwanso who tried all manner of lobbying with the presidency.
Babatope wants us to believe bode george is so foolish that he handed his case file over to quacks who are not aware of jurisdiction of courts whereas bode george was represented by a competent group of lawyers which included 3 SANs who would have made use of any loophole to free their client.
He even said jibril martins kuye is an awoist.this man is a joker.does he think being alive during the time of awolowo is what makes an awoist?ophole to free their client.
He even said jibril martins kuye is an awoist.this man is a joker.does he think being alive during the time of awolowo is what makes an awoist?

Going by your logic, then Tinubu should be given LIFE IMPRISONMENT!!! Tell me a politician in Nigeria that isn't corrupt? If you know how much Tinubu has stolen, then he should be sentenced to death by hanging, that is, if we follow your logic!
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by Delafruita(m): 11:37am On Sep 10, 2011
@jason123

my brother,people are not sent to prison on the basis of hearsay neither are they found guilty by analogy.if tinubu is found guilty by the appropiate law courts and sent to prison,who am i to complain?but the fact remains that as of today,asiwaju has been investigated multiple times and no evidence of corruption established against him
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by seanet02: 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2011
Ebenezer Babatope has gone mad i tell you. What Nonsense?
Complete rubbish by an Ediot
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by cantell(m): 12:44pm On Sep 10, 2011
seanet02:

Ebenezer Babatope has gone mad i tell you. What Nonsense?
Complete rubbish by an Ediot
Anyone who says anything bad about tinubu is an eediot abi?
Smh.
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by seanet02: 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2011
cantell:

Anyone who says anything bad about tinubu is an eediot abi?
Smh.
Can you pick out a single trace of sense in what Babatope said?
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by edicolove: 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2011
^^^Yes. 1. Salami was a crook 2. Bode George was setup by Tinubu (obviuosly) 3. Tinubu is a schema (fair enough) 4. He has evidence to expose them when the time comes
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by seanet02: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2011
not making any sense
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by adevest: 7:31am On Sep 11, 2011
Tinubu can do no wrong. really? Babatope was right that Bode George was politically imprisoned. Most of the politicians and office holders did and are still doing the same thing that he went to jail for. Was it right? It begs for an answer. because some people are loud does not make them saints neither do silence makes them saints either. Come to think of it, Salami is as guilty as hell!
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by oluwamichael93(m): 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2014
Wat does he hv 2 say
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by chamboy(m): 7:13pm On Nov 27, 2014
Mr Babatope am sorry to disappoint u, Tinubu can Neva influence My Voting Decision. I would vote for my best preferred Candidate in respective of their Party.
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by thunderrider: 7:34pm On Nov 27, 2014
Wao

this is going down the memory lanes

Now that we are in 2014, let see how events will unfold
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by Oklander: 7:37pm On Nov 27, 2014
You are really working hard to get your own share from Jona.D. Just keep pouring trash on anyone against the clueless guy. keep it up, you would get alert soon...
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by Objektive: 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
I don't like GEJ, he is an embarrassment to people that expected so much from him.

but, you see his failures for a reason. He signed the FOI, so much information is available to us now and we can now demand for good leadership. Mr brother, even the APC of Lagos is scared of signing it, you'll scream at the rot in Lagos government if you have the information.

APC keep shouting they want to change Nigeria . But none of their Governors dare domesticates the FOT ACT . I challenge all the state of Governors to domesticate FOI ACT and lets see if they will have any place to hide , lets see if fact an figures of their stealing does not become public in one month of domesticate . why are they afraid of making freedom of information a law in their respective states ? Who is transparent among them ? CHANGE WITHOUT TRANSPARENCY IS DOOM!!!!!
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by omenka(m): 7:00pm On Jan 07, 2015
Mscheew.
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by clubone0501: 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
jokers
Re: I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope by emiye(m): 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
worthless rabble rouser. God bless Tinubu and co for galvanising the formation of a formidabble opposition party, if not PDP will ride the nigerian community rough shod. and there would be no platform for disgruntled nigerians to express themselves

(1) (Reply)

Police Detectives Storm The Nation's Office & Arrest Four Editors / N74bn Not Enough For Amnesty Programme- Dokubo Asari / Does This Mean GEJ Will Loose The 2015 Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.