Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

African Lace / Iro, Wrap Skirt Questions (yoruba) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Lace / Iro, Wrap Skirt Questions (yoruba) (1476 Views)

Uganda Bans Mini Skirt And Other Provocative Dresses. / Nigerian Man Married To African-American Wife - The Wrap Up / Nigerians Spend Up To 50m Euros Annually On Austrian Lace – Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Lace / Iro, Wrap Skirt Questions (yoruba) by Itunu1: 11:57pm On Sep 07, 2011
Good Day,

Although I have seen them worn many times and have seen many examples in the markets
and stores in the city, I still am curious about the design of the iro when using African/Swiss
lace rather than Aso-oke, etc. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they were typically
lined or if it is just a simple black and white skirt is worn under? Also, does the top of the iro,
closest to the body have the original ends of the lace (uneven edge) unaltered or is it a finished
edge at the top to achieve a flat line at the top where it is tied? Does anyone have any pictures of
a lace iro that they could share with me?

Reason I am asking is because I am making a buba and iro set and I have never made an iro using
African Lace before. I would like to make it well,

I am sorry if this is in the inappropriate forum category!

(1) (Reply)

419 Positive Reasons Why You Love Nigeria / Best Raksha Bandhan Rakhi Tying Time 2016 Subh Muhurat Samay India / Meet The Imo State Chief Who Moves Around With Bare-breasted Ladies (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.