Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

2023 General Election: 10 Classic Reasons You Would NEVER Want To Vote PDP. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 General Election: 10 Classic Reasons You Would NEVER Want To Vote PDP. (193 Views)

2023 Election; 10 Reasons Why This Man Is The Buhari Anointed Candidate - Photos / 'Vote PDP And Die' Threat In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Photo) / 2019 Election: 10 Political Parties Reject Gov. Amosun’s Anointed Candidate, Aki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 General Election: 10 Classic Reasons You Would NEVER Want To Vote PDP. by Success1099(m): 11:55am On Jan 31, 2023
2023 general election is one around the corner. The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) is one of those political parties aiming to mount the country’s seat of power. This political party believes they can make it in 2023, owing to their experience in the Nigeria political space.

But here, we would do what we are good at, to analyse and criticize. Our aim is to ensure the best candidate emerges in 2023. And We have no issues or whatsoever anyone has about this. The truth must be served.

Without wasting time, here could be top 10 Classic Reasons why you would Never want to vote PDP in the forthcoming election out of the numerous reasons many Nigerians may have in mind.

1). Choice of Candidate:

Right now in the country, it should be understandable that political parties no longer matter anymore, because they are all the same circle of political leaders we are recycling.

However, PDP were not considerate while selecting a candidate for Nigeria. They were all about doing the how – to – win game in 2023, rather than presenting a better candidate. Same thing goes to APC. For me, it was all about few persons selecting for Nigerian in the primary election for both political parties, you called them “Party Delegates” but I called them “Money Delegates”. Because, the highest bidder makes it out to the big stage.

A candidate and his team makes up the administration rather than the party. For instance, Nyeson Wike’s team is quite different from Tambuwa’s team as much as Atiku’s team despite being in the same political party. Therefore, when you vote a certain candidate, you’ve also voted for his team.

The candidate of the People’s Democratic Party isn’t anywhere close to the kind of candidate or team Nigeria needs in 2023. Indirectly, you are voting for the 1999 administration back in 2023. This could be disastrous to Nigeria’s democracy.

Alright, in case you want to argue with this fact. Ask yourself what Nigeria truly needs in 2023. In 2023, Nigeria needs a transparent leadership, accountability, strategic leadership – capable of setting developmental reforms – a man with the SOLUTION – who has painted to Nigerians the future they crave for. Someone free from traces of corruption.

Then asked yourself; if the candidate of the PDP has all these workforce that suits Nigeria’s demand. If we wouldn’t deceive ourselves, you and I know, this candidate don’t have these characteristics, but we are hellbent on supporting him because of personal benefits, political affiliation and ethnicity. Which has been the major problem we have in repositioning the country.

2). Equity and Fairness:

Equity and Fairness are great tools in uniting Nigeria. Currently, if anyone is calling for the unity must be painstakingly talking about power going the south and to a political zone that has not tested it before.

Thus, for the purpose of uniting the nation, it’s only reasonable to look out for a candidate in the southern part of the country in other to balance up and give every political zone that sense of belonging.

Yes, it isn’t constitutional to rotate power. But it’s morally right to do so for the sake national unity. And the question is: if the southern part of the country decides to hold on to power after 8years just like the north are trying to do, will the north accept?

3). Unification Of Nigeria

When you decide not to vote for the PDP in the next general election, you are indirectly unifying the country.

Break it down: Nigeria is a multi-ethnic nation and all part is charged with the responsibility of uniting the country despite the cultural differences. Not voting PDP in 2023 will reduce power intoxicated Fulani herdsmen ravaging villages, farmlands and highways in some parts of the country. Remember he has the same ethnicity with that of the current president, and you know nothing will change.

Most people had called the PDP candidate a Unifier. But a unifier will stick to justifying rotational system of power in the country in other to uphold what he stands for. Maybe, the word “Unifier” should be a mere political one.

4). What he intend to do

Right from when he was the vice president of the country, he has always called for privatization and nothing else.

Logically, privatization isn’t all about it, but the corruption behind it. They would gladly sell Nigeria to themselves if they come onboard. Remember NEPA changed to PHCN and you know the remaining story.

This isn’t the kind of leadership we need. It wouldn’t solve the country’s problem. 2023 should be all about strategic leadership capable of stirring every area of the country that needs to be stirred. And not steadily clamoring for privatization as if they lies our problem. Such a leader emphasizing this keyword, “Privatization” isn’t fair to Nigerians or acting strategic in his quest to solve key issues in the country.

5). Arguable Source of Wealth

“A man’s source of wealth is a reflection of his true identity.” What he believes and what he stands for. If the wealth is questionable, the character is also questionable.

In 2023, Nigeria needs a transparent leader and not someone associated with one money laundering scandal or the other. You and I know that the candidate of the PDP is one of the bad guys associated with money laundering in the country, in case you have forgotten.

Although, if you still doubt this reason, meet formal president Olusegun Obasanjo to break it down what his formal vice president was.

In fact, ask Obasanjo to campaign for him and hear him vomit the bitter file of who the PDP candidate is.

6). Passed Experience

Nigerians had a rough ride with the People’s Democratic Party for 16years that brought in All Progressive Congress (APC) in 2015.

Voting PDP in 2023 could be trying to peel off our old wounds when the current one has not been healed.

PDP wouldn’t do anything extraordinary when voted back to power. Thus, you will find them blaming APC for squandering Nigeria resources for 8years. Just like APC is blaming PDP’s 16years in power. Because, they are all the same recycling 1999 political leaders.

7). Recycling the Old Corrupted politicians again in 2023 General Election

Voting PDP in 2023 means you and I wants to revisit the pass leaders who invented corruption in Nigeria. Some of them are waiting patiently for victory in other to refill their pockets after being attacked by EFCC and were squeezed dried by the anti-graft agency in 2015. They have suddenly turned into a roaring lion, laying ambush on Nigeria wealth and resources, when they would be declared winner in 2023.

Some caucus members would gladly switch from APC to PDP if PDP emerges. Just the way they switched from PDP to APC after 2015 general election. Because, that’s what they know how to do best.

Yes! You and I can stop this lions and switches and put them to perpetual rest with our PVC, just for the benefits of our unborn children, if not for ourselves.

Continue Reading:

https://storybloggerz.com/10-classic-reasons-you-would-never-want-to-vote-pdp-in-2023-general-election/

Re: 2023 General Election: 10 Classic Reasons You Would NEVER Want To Vote PDP. by Felimax(m): 12:00pm On Jan 31, 2023
Rubbish!

I don't care any rubbish you guys will craft to discredit any candidate my own is facts.

Fact is: if there is any sector in this country today that we have ever enjoyed democracy or civilian rule since the 4th republic it has been put there by the PDP.

Virtually every aspect of the society we still enjoy today was brought, corrected or upgraded or even sanitized by the PDP administration and you cannot take the duo of Obasanjo and Atiku out of the picture like it or not.

Prior to 1999 they may not be men with vast experience but fetching great minds from around the world to fix the mess of successive military regimes was something so worthy of emulation and the pioneers of this are simply Obasanjo and Atiku.

Experience and character matters alot and that is where Atiku stands taller, waist taller than any other contestants.

Tinubu is a rogue who must not come close to power by God's grace and I have never hidden my dislike for his candidacy. Till just now he is still talking about how he is going to increase tax and bring back the toll gates. I know a lot of people will not understand the meaning of those things because I know that a lot of people were still kids when the tolls were there.

Today, Tinubu Lagos still mount and collect toll fees in different parts of Lagos. Yes they will tell you that is why Lagos is working and it is an argument for another day but my point is apart from to come and steal and destroy I can't place my hand on anything tangible Tinubu is contesting with. His party has been there for EIGHT SOLID years with absolutely nothing to show for aside the monumental indebtedness they are signing out with.

I will not waste my energy on Obi but I am very sure with Atiku in charge the country will never remain the same again.

For me as a South Southerner my interest is in RESTRUCTURING AND DEVOTION OF POWER and only Atiku PDP has promised me that.

May God help him to succeed so that no Okoro will come and start claiming ownership of my region.

May PDP SUCCEED!

1 Like

Re: 2023 General Election: 10 Classic Reasons You Would NEVER Want To Vote PDP. by Jostoman: 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
RUBBISH and TRASH, why not tell us 10 classic reason to make us vote for Apc. Peter obi is here keep your money

1 Like

Re: 2023 General Election: 10 Classic Reasons You Would NEVER Want To Vote PDP. by Acedude: 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
Dead on arrival! This propaganda method is stale. Tell that to your fellow zombies! Atiku is your next president

3 Likes

Re: 2023 General Election: 10 Classic Reasons You Would NEVER Want To Vote PDP. by Asgard13: 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2023
This article na man must chop..

Apc don deal with am.. op say…… continue reading 😂😆

1 Like

Re: 2023 General Election: 10 Classic Reasons You Would NEVER Want To Vote PDP. by Think9ja(m): 12:54pm On Jan 31, 2023
kiss

(1) (Reply)

Obi/datti Campaign Suffers Setback As Members Of PCC, Northeast Support Group De / Alia Wins APC Governorship Rerun / Lastest Update On New Currency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.