Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? (354 Views)

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) / Argument; The Falsehood Behind Jonah's Story / Spirit Boyfriend/Girlfriend & Husband/Wife: How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? by Trollronaldo: 1:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
I think Jonah would have landed in a psychiatrist's consulting room if he tells this story today.

Re: Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? by judedwriter(m): 1:29pm On Jan 31, 2023
The bible never said it was exactly a whale that swallowed the fleeing prophet....

It just said God prepared a great fish.

God who created all things, can create a big fish or cause a whale to supernaturally swallow Jonah.
Re: Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2023
Trollronaldo:
I think Jonsh would have landed in a psychiatrist's consulting room if he tells this story today.

He won't. For other people were present when the event happened and they can confirm that they threw him into the sea.

Therefore, even the witnesses too would be shocked when they learn he vomited at Nineveh.
Re: Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? by Trollronaldo: 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2023
judedwriter:
The bible never said it was exactly a whale that swallowed the fleeing prophet....

It just said God prepared a great fish.

God who created all things, can create a big fish or cause a whale to supernaturally swallow Jonah.
Which fish species can swallow a human whole?

Mention one, I will wait
Re: Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? by judedwriter(m): 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
Trollronaldo:
Which fish species can swallow a human whole?

Mention one, I will wait

Google it.
Re: Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? by Trollronaldo: 2:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
judedwriter:

Goggle it.
there's none on Google, if it were, I will know.
Re: Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
Jonah was relating a miraculous event that is not logical so you can't judge from a logical reasoning. Jonah might have been reduced to the size of an ant immediately he landed in water so any fish will surely look like a very big fish to him! undecided
Re: Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
Trollronaldo:
I think Jonah would have landed in a psychiatrist's consulting room if he tells this story today.
What is written is that He was swallowed by a big fish so where does the reference to blue whale in the picture come from? undecided
Re: Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? by sonmvayina(m): 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2023
It is a story not history...

There is a message or spiritual truth in the story..one of which is that God does not need a human sacrifice before he can forgive sins..

That is what is there for us..
Re: Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? by judedwriter(m): 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
sonmvayina:
It is a story not history...

There is a message or spiritual truth in the story..one of which is that God does not need a human sacrifice before he can forgive sins..

That is what is there for us..

If it was a story, why did Jesus narrate the incident in the NT?

IT'S A CLEAR HISTORY NOT STORY!
Re: Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? by sonmvayina(m): 5:39pm On Jan 31, 2023
judedwriter:

If it was a story, why did Jesus narrate the incident in the NT?

IT'S A CLEAR HISTORY NOT STORY!

Because Jesus never existed..the writer of the gospel put that in the mouth of his character...
Re: Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? by judedwriter(m): 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2023
sonmvayina:

Because Jesus never existed..the writer of the gospel put that in the mouth of his character...

lipsrsealed

Na you talk am o.
Re: Biblical Jonah Story, How True Is It? by sonmvayina(m): 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2023
judedwriter:

lipsrsealed

Na you talk am o.

Nah me talk am...

(1) (Reply)

Catholics Claim They Sighted The Blessed Virgin Mary / Old Naira Deadline: Bishop David Oyedepo Finally Speaks / Lessons From Abimelech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.