Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:06 AM

Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader (1081 Views)

Poll: Obasanjo was :

Nigeria's Best Leader: 66% (2 votes)
Nigeria's Worst Leader: 33% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu / Jonathan Proves To Be The Worst Leader! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by abayurmie: 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2011
i think if OBJ were to be here now , we wont experience all this rubbish
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by dankol: 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2011
True talk. Seconded
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by juman(m): 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2011
abayurmie:

i think if OBJ were to be here now , we wont experience all this rubbish

I think you really need to get some sleep. grin
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by juman(m): 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2011
dankol:

True talk. Seconded

False talk. Opposed.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by Greenslim: 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2011
OBJ:Best for now
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by olawalebabs(m): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2011
Make it to be a poll.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by ektbear: 8:58pm On Sep 08, 2011
Greenslim:

OBJ:Best for now

Yep. Best president so far. Not that that necessarily says much.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 08, 2011
Obasanjo is the equal worst president we have ever seen.

Just compare his record with Abacha's who he had been accusing of looting and you would understand he was a walking disaster for our country.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.32.html

Obasanjo needs to be jailed for his crimes against Nigeria

OBJ devalue Naira by 500% Abacha never devlaue Naira at all

OBJ increased inflation Abacha decreased inflation from 54% to 8.5%

OBJ looted at least $100bn in my estimate Abacha alleged loot is questionable (OBJ made allegations in vengence)

OBJ increased fuel prices help himself loot more Abacha used revenue from fuel fund Petroleum Trust fund to raise living standards

OBJ looted Nigeria Airways till it closed down Abacha maintained our National Airline

Abacha was operating undereconomicsanctions and fuel prices was only $9/barrel, when he died mysteriously in office.
Obasanjo enjoyed oil prices of $150/barrel yet he couldn't even keep Nigeria Airways from closing angry

Buhari was best president in my opinon very patriotic and anti-corruption

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by alienvirus: 9:31pm On Sep 08, 2011
Obj was one of the worst but far better than gej
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by OLASODE2K: 9:43pm On Sep 10, 2011
It would be most unfair by me to give obj the worst nigerian leader tag or worse, for anyone, to even rate him the best too. The best leader, in my own opinion, is undoubtably is gowon, followed by idiagbon. I chose gowon because his sterling personal characters and strings of achievements dwarf our other leaders. U think its easy to govern nigeria for nine yrs and yet didnt go about enriching himself first just like all other leaders did. Aside from this corruption-free service to the fatherland, he led and fought the nigerian civil war so responsibly, sincerity, humility and without much hatred that was able to disuade the biafrans from the futility of extended hostilities. I am very sure that if it was an arrogant obj that was the head of state then, the war would rather transform to a low intensity one rather than total surrender when ojukwu ran into exile. Obj is both too vindictive, uncaring, shameless and on too many occasions the same destroyer of ideals he has vowed to protect. For example, the ngige case is an eye-opener. When he handed the state to a thug named chris uba.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by OLASODE2K: 9:51pm On Sep 10, 2011
Which nigerian leader have ruled for 9days without choice property all over the world? Gowon used 9yrs without having a house of his own. Can u beat that?
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 10, 2011
So when Gowon moved to the UKfor so many years, was he relying on charity housing?
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by OLASODE2K: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2011
I am not implying gowon was a saint. Only that his character dwarf those of his contemporaries. The two major faults he had was that he didnt stop his cronies from corrupt enrichments and secondly, he was unsincere with handing over to politicians. However, when he was removed from power he was in ethiopia ön official visit. Since he couldnt come back to nigeria just like that, all the members of his entourage volunteered all their unspent esta code for him to use and start a new life in uk. All these amounted to 74,000naira then. Aside from this, he was still collecting a General's pensions from 1974 till 1976 when he was implicated in the dimka coup when he was stripped of the rank and this pension stopped. And from 1976 till when he was pardoned by shagari, he was living a very humble lifestyle in uk as a church warden. Mind u even without his special status in the uk as a prisoner of conscience, uk is a welfare society that fends for ordinary illegal migrants. Hence, getting him an accomodation to lay his head wont be a prob to him. Even well-meaning nigerians might have helped too. I am not a gowon freak, just that in a city of blind ppl, u only crown the one-eyed man.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by OLASODE2K: 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2011
Frankly speaking, i would have picked buhari as the second best leader, but i still selected idiagbon. U know why? Nobody can truly say whose programs were been implemented during the buhari/idiagbon regime. But the idiagbon was much more visible even greatly jeopardising objectivity.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best Or Worst Leader by Yuxxy: 11:41pm On Nov 08, 2011
To be frank,when insecurity is out of a national problems,all other things are easy,, security was gud during OBJ administration,i think GEJ is worst of all,all project done,boko haram is destroying them,so why was OBJ is the worst, during OBJ life was easy

(1) (Reply)

Bizzare! : Abia State University Student Sacrifice / This Hausa Man Has Lived In Onitsha For 81 Years / Delta Govt Washes Hands Off Onokpite’s Killing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.