Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Why Is It So Easy To Become A Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is It So Easy To Become A Nigerian? (135 Views)

Aba Power Limited; My Complaint Made So Easy / Haba! This 25% Spread Is So Easy To Understand Naah! / It Is So Easy To Manipulate Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It So Easy To Become A Nigerian? by ArewaTech1(m): 11:51am On Feb 01, 2023
don't get me wrong, I don't mean easy being a Nigerian. I mean easy getting a Nigerian citizenship/documentation for anyone that manages to get into this country, without literally any checks.

I was at someone's studio yesterday to help him download a crack for some music softwares. while I was there, his friends from Niger Republic came visiting. They sat there with the guy discussing about music and musical instruments, while I was on the computer doing my thing.

out of no where I heard this Nigérien say "Bala, takarda nika son ayi min. In bude banki". and this guy replied "National ID card koh?, bari gobe mutai ayi maka". which translates to...

Nigérien: "Bala(a persons name), I need documentation, I want to open a Nigerian bank account."
Bala: "You mean National ID card? Don't worry, tomorrow we'll go and you'll get it done."

just hearing that convo made me sick to my stomach. Because I know by tomorrow(Feb 1, 2023) that Nigérien has becomed a Nigerian, with literally no effort whatsoever, and there's nothing no one can do about it. He's documented into the National Identity System. so he's just as Nigerian as the rest of us.

what made me even more angrier is, I know for a fact that if I, a Fulani guy from Nigeria, today goes to Niger Republic I won't get a citizenship just like that. But here in my country, Nigeria, all you have to do is learn some Hausa language. smh!!

Why is it so easy for anyone that wants to become a Nigerian.
Re: Why Is It So Easy To Become A Nigerian? by stevnwigw1: 12:05pm On Feb 01, 2023
Time will change everything.

(1) (Reply)

2023 Election Is All About Atiku/okowa By God Grace / ABIA DEBATE: Ambassador Osita Hints On Why OUK Shouldn’t Be Re-elected / Payment Service Banks (PSB): Where Are They And Why Are They Failing Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.