Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. (2767 Views)

Pictures Of Aisha Yesufu On Labour Party Campaign Trail / 2023: Kwankwaso Campaign Trail Lands In Bauchi (photos) / Tinubu Throws APM Flag After Being Frustrated With The Campaign In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Willy7(m): 11:31am On Feb 03, 2023
Hello Everyone!
As the campaign trail gets underway for the 2023 general elections, especially the presidential, I have come to observe some things I'd like to share.
1. The NNPP seem to be the most matured in terms of supporters behaviour.

2. Peter Obi /Atiku seem to be the most well mannered and tactful in responding to questions and campaign rally.

3. The North suddenly is tilting towards an Atiku Presidency, leaving the Northern governors to their fate and pact with Tinubu

4. The North seem not to buy the Tinubu Moslem Moslem ticket bait.

5. Tinubu may have seen the betrayal coming, especially from his party and that made him throw his weight into the ring as the only one that has the political weight to match an Atiku candidacy, but he never saw Obi coming.

6. APC /PDP never saw the campaign going the way it's presently going. Their usual propaganda seem to be failing this time.

7. Everyone supporting Obi is tagged Igbo, thereby tribalising Obi's candidature.

8. Obi supporters, especially of Igbo extraction are specific of their criticism of Tinubu. (They call out Tinubu personally). Tinubu supporters on the other hand call out a whole tribe while criticing Peter Obi.

9. Atiku seem more confident of winning eventhough I can't tell what gives him such notion and confidence.

10. This election has also exposed the tribalists among our political elites.

11. The election has also exposed the hype surrounding Tinubu supposed political sagacity.

12. The election has also exposed Igbo political elites as envious of one another.

13. The religious divide and consciousness in Nigeria has been awaken.

14. The campaign trail also reminded leaders to do well in whatever capacity they are called to serve as that will serve as reference point when they seek bigger office in the future. (Obi's deficiency and also efficiency while in office as governor comes to mind)

15. The North is doing all it can to have a clash with Tinubu, but he seem to be dodging such. Even his supporters are avoiding any direct confrontation with the North.

16. Atiku seem to be lying low in other not to upset those with his receipts. Whenever his issue comes up, he waters it down.

17. Peter seem to avoid confrontations, maybe due to the fact that he doesn't have any political heavyweight apart from OBJ openly supporting him.

18. Apart from some governors and hangers on, I don't see any sane, unbiased and person of intergrity supporting Tinubu.

19. The attack against Peter seem to be losing steam among the supporters of opposition candidates. Could it be that they are seeing something different in the polity?

20. People want to vote personalities rather than parties.

21. Most of the Ipob apologists no doubt has joined the Obi train. I see some similar modus operandi in some of their WhatsApp groups.

22. Personally I've learnt a lot from this election so far.

You are free to add yours. Insults will be ignored.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Asgard13: 11:39am On Feb 03, 2023
If not for Atiku .. and assuming PDP gave another southerner or igbos the ticket .. it would have been a straight one for Tinubu.

We all know Tinubu will get the ticket.. reason for Atiku..

The Yoruba media would have sway the north based on sentiments , funds, loyalist and religion.

Already .. before Obi.. Tinubu has north central in his bag..
now game changed ..

Obi and Atiku are options .

18 Likes

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by BATified2023: 11:41am On Feb 03, 2023
Willy7:
Hello Everyone!
As the campaign trail gets underway for the 2023 general elections, especially the presidential, I have come to observe some things I'd like to share.

2. Peter Obi /Atiku seem to be the most well mannered and tactful in responding to questions and campaign rally.

3. The North suddenly is tilting towards an Atiku Presidency, leaving the Northern governors to their fate and pact with Tinubu

5. Tinubu may have seen the betrayal coming, especially from his party and that made him throw his weight into the ring as the only one that has the political weight to match an Atiku candidacy, but he never saw Obi coming.

6. APC /PDP never saw the campaign going the way it's presently going. Their usual propaganda seem to be failing this time.

7. Everyone supporting is tagged Igbo, thereby tribalising Obi candidature.

8. Obi supporters, especially of Igbo extraction are specific of their criticism of Tinubu. (They call out Tinubu personally). Tinubu supporters on the other hand call out a whole tribe while criticing Peter Obi.

9. Atiku seem more confident of winning eventhough I can't tell what gives him such notion and confidence.

11. The election has also exposed the hype surrounding Tinubu supposed political sagacity.

12. The election also exposed Igbo political elites as envious of one another.

14. The campaign trail also reminded leaders to do well in whatever capacity they are called to serve as that will serve as reference point when they seek bigger office in the future. (Obi's deficiency and also efficiency while in office as governor comes to mind)

15. The election season has really taught me a lot personally

y are igbos particular about tinubu?

5 Likes

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Evaloyal2J(f): 12:05pm On Feb 03, 2023
BATified2023:
upon all the young, vibrants, technocrats, intellectuals and suffiscations we have, it's old mediaeval tinumbu with obvious debilitating healthy challenges you people could afford. What a local and international disgrace to our collective reasonings.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by BATified2023: 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2023
Evaloyal2J:
upon all the young, vibrants, technocrats, intellectuals and suffiscations we have, it's old mediaeval tinumbu with obvious debilitating healthy challenges you people could afford. What a local and international disgrace to our collective reasonings.

this is a contest n u shouldn’t b bothered about what your opponent is presenting but what u present

Have u ever seen ten haag complaining about man city team selection?

It is u igbos that will want to fight n still tell d opponent how to fight u

Leave whoever apc presents n look for ways to win

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by WhizdomXX(m): 5:11pm On Feb 03, 2023
BATified2023:
this is a contest n u shouldn’t b bothered about what your opponent is presenting but what u present

Bro, Tinubu is too frail to lead.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Ennoloa: 5:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
BATified2023:

If it was Osibanjo do you think Igbos would also criticize Osibanjo

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by socialmediaman: 5:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by DSC7: 5:18pm On Feb 03, 2023
No. 8 issa goal......

Igbos doesn't play tribal politics....

They value Competency over Ethnicity....

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 03, 2023
BATified2023:

Did you hear him say the Igbos are particular about Tinubu but instead of Yoruba to be particular about Obi, they are particular about Igbos

I use to think it was Igbo that were envious of Yoruba but Igbo seem to mind their business and space.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by mrvitalis(m): 5:20pm On Feb 03, 2023
BATified2023:

But you exploit his weakness abi ?

Is Tinubu not old ?
Doesn't he mis Yan ?
Doesn't he shake while walking ?
Is he not obviously sick ?
Is he not a known drug lord ?
Doesn't he loot lagos funds ?

Would you all a doctor no matter how experience he is in tinubu physical condition operate on you in a life m death situation ?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 03, 2023
BATified2023:

So why are Yorubas after Igbos for not supporting Tinubu?

Do what you preach

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by HydraFeeds(m): 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2023
Thanksful:

Did you hear him say the Igbos are particular about Tinubu but instead of Yoruba to be particular about Obi, they are particular about Igbos

I use to think it was Igbo that were envious of Yoruba but Igbo seem to mind their business and space.

Have you seen Obi team that’s Igbo studded ?

Moreover ,the assertion that Igbo don’t attack yoruba is biased ,imagine from the write up ,the writer described Tinubu supporters as insane and whatnots ,in most Obirodents post ,they consider Tinubu supporters as monetarily induced or tribalistic (yoruba) .

Most batmen I’ve seen their posts argue based on antecedents and disqualified Obi based on subpar hero beer antecedence.

2 Likes

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Workch: 5:30pm On Feb 03, 2023
Very unbiased analysis

14 Likes

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 03, 2023
HydraFeeds:

Have you seen Obi team that’s Igbo studded ?

I guise the Muslim Muslim Ticket of Tinubu is less studded than his campaign team?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by HydraFeeds(m): 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2023
Thanksful:

I guise the Muslim Muslim Ticket of Tinubu is less studded than his campaign team?

A monotonous faith ticket is not the basis of argument here but tribalism .

The OP argued that most Tinubu’s supporters accused all Obi supporters as Igbos .

So my position is that is it appropriate to fill your team with your tribesmen and not be considered as regional candidate? The same way you’re considering someone religious intentions unethical for running on a monotonous faith ticket .
Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2023
HydraFeeds:

A monotonous faith ticket is not the basis of argument here but tribalism .

The OP argued that most Tinubu’s supporters accused all Obi supporters as Igbos .

So my position is that is it appropriate to fill your team with your tribesmen and not be considered as regional candidate? The same way you’re considering someone religious intentions unethical for running on a monotonous faith ticket .

Is Aisha an Igbo? Is Yusuf Igbo too because these have been running Peter Obi campaign from day one on all platforms.

The campaign DG of Obi, is he Igbo?

Why should we no talk about Muslim Muslim Ticket of APC?

You don't know that Muslim Muslim Ticket is Religious tribalism?

Now name the Igbos and Christian in Tinubu campaign team

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Munamu: 6:05pm On Feb 03, 2023
Willy7:
Hello Everyone!

7. Everyone supporting Obi is tagged Igbo, thereby tribalising Obi's candidature.

12. The election has also exposed Igbo political elites as envious of one another.

15. The North is doing all it can to have a clash with Tinubu, but he seem to be dodging such. Even his supporters are avoiding any direct confrontation with the North.

16. Atiku seem to be lying low in other not to upset those with his receipts. Whenever his issue comes up, he waters it down.

17. Peter seem to avoid confrontations, maybe due to the fact that he doesn't have any political heavyweight apart from OBJ openly supporting him.

18. Apart from some governors and hangers on, I don't see any sane, unbiased and person of intergrity supporting Tinubu.

19. The attack against Peter seem to be losing steam among the supporters of opposition candidates. Could it be that they are seeing something different in the polity?

20. People want to vote personalities rather than parties.

21. Most of the Ipob apologists no doubt has joined the Obi train. I see some similar modus operandi in some of their WhatsApp groups.

22. Personally I've learnt a lot from this election so far.

Well written bro . You are the man with an ear to the ground

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Ofunaofu: 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2023
Willy7:

The bolded above aptly describes a typical tribally condemned urchin

In their skewed minds, Peter Obi is an Igbo project, his supporters are IPOB, OSU and what not

E go shock dem

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by HydraFeeds(m): 6:22pm On Feb 03, 2023
Thanksful:

Is Aisha an Igbo? Is Yusuf Igbo too because these have been running Peter Obi campaign from day one on all platforms.

The campaign DG of Obi, is he Igbo?

Why should we no talk about Muslim Muslim Ticket of APC?

You don't know that Muslim Muslim Ticket is Religious tribalism?

Now name the Igbos and Christian in Tinubu campaign team

Using your analogy,any reasonable person can argue that Tinubu team has a lot of Christian’s too and therefore neutralize the effects of Muslim Muslim ticket since these Christians in his team will cushion the presidency .

Also there’s nothing like religious tribalism ,don’t bring agulu term here.

Why do you think Obi deleted the post he made if his heart is pure ? He’s bringing Buhari pro max from frugality that leads to scarcity to tribalism that made Buhari sacked southerners but replaced them with his kinsmen and putting his kinsmen in most strategic positions.

Hope Uzodinma is Igbo and one of the most prominent in Asiwaju renews hope campaigners. Even Chimaroke forego his ambition in PDP because of Tinubu’s vision. That’s to tell you that Tinubu is one of the most detribalised politicians in Nigeria .

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2023
HydraFeeds:

Using your analogy,any reasonable person can argue that Tinubu team has a lot of Christian’s too and therefore neutralize the effects of Muslim Muslim ticket since these Christians in his team will cushion the presidency .

Also there’s nothing like religious tribalism ,don’t bring agulu term here.

Why do you think Obi deleted the post he made if his heart is pure ? He’s bringing Buhari pro max from frugality that leads to scarcity to tribalism that made Buhari sacked southerners but replaced them with his kinsmen and putting his kinsmen in most strategic positions.

Hope Uzodinma is Igbo and one of the most prominent in Asiwaju renews hope campaigners. Even Chimaroke forego his ambition in PDP because of Tinubu’s vision. That’s to tell you that Tinubu is one of the most detribalised politicians in Nigeria .

You said there is nothing like religious tribalism? Add it to your array of vocabularies you have.

I didn't see Uzodinma or Chimaroke in Tinubu campaign in Kaduna, Kano, etc. How are they among his campaign team?

Have you ever seen Obi anywhere with Aisha?

What Obi posted is his media team. Can Tinubu show us his Media team make we check something.

Thank God you agree that Buhari whom Tinubu gave us is nothing to write home about. If Tinubu's messiah then was such abysmal failure according to you, what makes you think Tinubu will fare differently.

Birds of a feather flock together.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by haffaze777(m): 6:40pm On Feb 03, 2023
23 you're Igbo and you lack any truth in you because you people are the one calling everyone that support tinubu,yoruba Muslim.
Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by haffaze777(m): 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2023
Ennoloa:

But Igbo named him condolence minister,fake pastor and many unprinted name.these are the thing you (Igbo) said about him.

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by HydraFeeds(m): 7:01pm On Feb 03, 2023
Thanksful:

You said there is nothing like religious tribalism? Add it to your array of vocabularies you have.

I didn't see Uzodinma or Chimaroke in Tinubu campaign in Kaduna, Kano, etc. How are they among his campaign team?

Have you ever seen Obi anywhere with Aisha?

What Obi posted is his media team. Can Tinubu show us his Media team make we check something.

Thank God you agree that Buhari whom Tinubu gave us is nothing to write home about. If Tinubu's messiah then was such abysmal failure according to you, what makes you think Tinubu will fare differently.

Birds of a feather flock together.

I want you to also add blu bla bulaba to your dictionary.

Well you’re the one not watching Tinubu’s campaigns ,I’ve seen him in several campaigns and he also donated 1 billion Naira and buses to Tinubu’s campaign and chimaroke has been influential on twitter.

Aisha will soon be replaced when she has no strategic value again ,she’s the one taking Obi to the north to pull a canopy campaign for now .

Even someone like Joe Igbokwe has been with tinubu for a long time to the extent of being a commissioner. Heres a sample of tinubu media team ,both are northerners
,that’s to tell you that tinubu does not care about tribe but competence.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/575923-tinubu-strengthens-media-team-appoints-jega-abdulaziz-as-aides.html

But imagine someone like Kanayo advising Igbos to stay where they are so they can deliver 25% votes to Obi in all Nigeria states and someone like yul edochie shooting a movie to promote him during election period .

Buhari has always preached frugality before elected and corruption free governance but we all experience recession ,scarcity and corrupt practices from his officials .

The same thing is happening now that Obi is preaching frugality and his officials embezzling money .

Buhari tried in terms of infrastructure and fight against terrorism but failed in economy .

Tinubu is different because he’s always known for surplus . Tinubu will bring economic development ,modern ideas (not hero beer) and peace .
Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Ennoloa: 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2023
haffaze777:

But Igbo named him condolence minister,fake pastor and many unprinted name.these are the thing you (Igbo) said about him.

Did those people tell you they are Igbos

I’m sure deluded ones like you sees calabar as Igbo

Urchins would always urchinate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by haffaze777(m): 7:04pm On Feb 03, 2023
Ennoloa:

Did those people tell you they are Igbos

I’m sure deluded ones like you sees calabar as Igbo

Urchins would always urchinate

Maybe you should go through their comment to confirm that yourself.
Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 03, 2023
HydraFeeds:

I want you to also add blu bla bulaba to your dictionary.

Well you’re the one not watching Tinubu’s campaigns ,I’ve seen him in several campaigns and he also donated 1 billion Naira and buses to Tinubu’s campaign and chimaroke has been influential on twitter.

Aisha will soon be replaced when she has no strategic value again ,she’s the one taking Obi to the north to pull a canopy campaign for now .

Even someone like Joe Igbokwe has been with tinubu for a long time to the extent of being a commissioner. Heres a sample of tinubu media team ,both are northerners
,that’s to tell you that tinubu does not care about tribe but competence.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/575923-tinubu-strengthens-media-team-appoints-jega-abdulaziz-as-aides.html

But imagine someone like Kanayo advising Igbos to stay where they are so they can deliver 25% votes to Obi in all Nigeria states and someone like yul edochie shooting a movie to promote him during election period .

Buhari has always preached frugality before elected and corruption free governance but we all experience recession ,scarcity and corrupt practices from his officials .

The same thing is happening now that Obi is preaching frugality and his officials embezzling money .

Buhari tried in terms of infrastructure and fight against terrorism but failed in economy .

Tinubu is different because he’s always known for surplus . Tinubu will bring economic development ,modern ideas (not hero beer) and peace .

What are you saying? Are you shielding Tinubu from corruption? You are the one going that direction ooh.

Your principal is known to be the most corrupt Nigerian alive today.

3 Likes

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Ennoloa: 7:10pm On Feb 03, 2023
haffaze777:

Maybe you should go through their comment to confirm that yourself.

You are really Jobless first to even go through their comments deluded son

So if I tell you and post I’m from Senegal or Togo

You would believe?

What of if they are Kanuri tagging themselves as IGBO

That’s why I call you Deluded one

4 Likes

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by MikeofAfrica: 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2023
BATified2023:

Why then has Tinubu been abusing and criticizing Atiku and Peter Obi instead of telling us his plans for the nation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by HydraFeeds(m): 7:18pm On Feb 03, 2023
Thanksful:

What are you saying? Are you shielding Tinubu from corruption? You are the one going that direction ooh.

Your principal is known to be the most corrupt Nigerian alive today.

Hes not my principal because I do not work for him ,I’m only a concerned citizen and a fan of his antecedents and administrative prowess .

He’s not known to be the most corrupt but alleged to be one of the most corrupt along with Atiku and Obi is trailing behind them .

I simply digressed because Obi has similarities with Buhari in terms of unethical practices like frugality but living otherwise,tribalism(Obi even sacked other co easterners workers when he was governor) and low achievements.
Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Kingzeez10: 7:19pm On Feb 03, 2023
Ennoloa:

Same osinbajo that igbos called a fake pastor
Re: My Candid Observation So Far In The Campaign Trail Of 2023 Election. by Parachoko: 7:20pm On Feb 03, 2023
Evaloyal2J:

What does age have to do with one ability to rule?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Jesus Greeted People Of His Time (pics) / Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? / Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.