Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. (2767 Views)

Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) / The Rich Also Die : Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz Dies / The Rich Also Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by abubaka(m): 2:03pm On Jun 26, 2010
Is really frustrating that the rich equally cry in lagos just like the masses in Ajegunle.

Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by abubaka(m): 2:05pm On Jun 26, 2010
and more,

Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by dominique(f): 2:16pm On Jun 26, 2010
the island gets awful during raining season. yesterday's rain was something else!
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by violent(m): 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2010
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by Acidosis(m): 2:56pm On Jun 26, 2010
Wat?? This's seriouz
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by blacksta(m): 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2010
Where is the bloody drainage - Warning to those who want pay made fees and live on the island - What a ruin.
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by OAM4J: 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2010
this is serious! shocked
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2010
ROFLMAO!!!

What part of the Island is this? I hope people moving to the island are aware of the fact that there is possibility they might see more of this in the future.
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by Jakumo(m): 4:13pm On Jun 26, 2010
In the fullness of time, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria, will ultimately become submerged under ten to twenty feet of sea water, to be explored by scuba divers searching for signs of lost civilizations in decades to come.   Nigeria's treasury looting class, who own much of the real estate built on that that doomed island, will flee to higher ground, taking what wealth they can as they leave, and consigning forever their opulent and gaudy mansions to the fishes and the churning waves.

The scenario predicted above is only one Tsunami tidal wave away, and cannot be stopped by any measure known to man.
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by adaphik(f): 4:19pm On Jun 26, 2010
o m g!!!!! o mg!!!!! omg!!!!!
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2010
More money . . . . .more problem
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by sjeezy8: 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2010
lol hahaha- its happen a couple time in my grandparents house on d island.
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by jamace(m): 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2010
Catching fish made easy! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by coolier(f): 8:44pm On Jun 26, 2010
shocked
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by Meddler(f): 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2010
I hope they have insurance. hahaha!! tongue tongue
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by OAM4J: 10:16pm On Jun 26, 2010
Meddler:

Insurance in Nigeria! Forget.
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by oderemo(m): 10:20pm On Jun 26, 2010
and when all drain gently away , the house becomes100 milla again. only in nija.
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by bkbabe97: 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2010
Look on the bright side, the Ibo men that got cribs in that neighborhood now have no excuses for not taking a shower! grin
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by dominique(f): 10:27pm On Jun 26, 2010
ode remo:

and when all drain gently away , the house becomes100 milla again. only in nija.

abi o.
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 26, 2010
bk/babe97:

Look on the bright side, the Ibo men that got cribs in that neighborhood now have no excuses for not taking a shower! grin
rotflmao. . . . . Bad pikin !!!
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by DisGuy: 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2010
i can just imagine.  .  .   .  other millionaires even billionaires live on the same row BUT coming together to repair their own street or sort their drainage out; for the benefit of all is beneath them

you see rows and rows of 'beautiful' houses with very shabby looking streets and you wonder if they cant just get out of their chauffeur driven car knock on the next man's house to find a solution to the road on their street/area
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by SapeleGuy: 12:04am On Jun 27, 2010
Meddler:

No decent insurance company will insure these properties.
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by Onlytruth(m): 12:17am On Jun 27, 2010
When I was asking hard questions in another thread about the Eko Atlantic City, fuuls kept insulting themselves.
This is a product of bad planning.

Folks would come here and be showing beautiful houses built on quicksand and bragging about Lagos, and I'd be laughing. cool
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 27, 2010
How does water get drained out of these houses.

Does Nigeria have a drainage/sewer system?
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by chibaby5(f): 12:22am On Jun 27, 2010
wow it getz dat bad?? shocked
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by Onlytruth(m): 12:24am On Jun 27, 2010
FL Gators:

How does water get drained out of these houses.

Does Nigeria have a drainage/sewer system?

The short answer is NO. At least not the one you and I are used to. Maybe somewhere in Abuja but I doubt there is any in Lagos.
They have gutters. What they call sewers are covered gutters.
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 27, 2010
Onlytruth:

The short answer is NO. At least not the one you and I are used to. Maybe somewhere in Abuja but I doubt there is any in Lagos.
They have gutters. What they call sewers are covered gutters.
I thought so.

LOL So I guess it all boils down to pails and buckets.
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by tpiah: 12:31am On Jun 27, 2010
^you can also scoop it out by hand.

or use a cloth and wring it.

no mops in nigeria.
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by Onlytruth(m): 12:31am On Jun 27, 2010
FL Gators:

I thought so.

LOL[b] So I guess it all boils down to pails and buckets[/b].

Yep I guess.
In my professional opinion, the first real infrastructure a city like Lagos needs is a modern sewer system because it lies a little below sea level. Even sunami is a possibility in Lagos. Flooding will only worsen as more development takes place.
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 27, 2010
tpiah:

^you can also scoop it out by hand.

or use a cloth and wring it.

no mops in nigeria.
Pardon me for not believing this for one sec

Onlytruth:

Yep I guess.
In my professional opinion, the first real infrastructure a city like Lagos needs is a modern sewer system because it lies a little below sea level. Even sunami is a possibility in Lagos. Flooding will only worsen as more development takes place.

You seems to have a lot of professional opinion. Not complaining, fully respected.

Civil Eng?

Does Nigeria even have an active operating pipeline? The last time I went to Lagos, we had to get water outta the well. And this was a fully well furnished Lagos house.
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by tpiah: 12:40am On Jun 27, 2010
FL Gators:

have you personally ever seen a mop in nigeria?

The last time I went to Lagos, we had to get water outta the well. And this was a fully well furnished Lagos house

sorry!

hope the water was at least clean and not yellowish brown!! shocked

did they make you carry the bucket on your head (tufia!) or did you stylishly carry it in by hand.
Re: Wahala Dey Oo! The Rich Also Cry. by Onlytruth(m): 12:42am On Jun 27, 2010
FL Gators:

You seems to have a lot of professional opinion. Not complaining, fully respected.

Civil Eng?

Does Nigeria even have an active operating pipeline? The last time I went to Lagos, we had to get water outta the well. And this was a fully well furnished Lagos house.

You hit the nail on the head!

As for my profession, let's just say that I am a land expert. Everything that happens on land is my specialty.

A little off point question from me: Gators are you a babe of a dude?  grin
Don't "kobojunkie" me please.  cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's (Copies Of) Certificates With Us - Army / IBB Says To Obj That Fayose Is Truly A Bastard !! / Exposed!!! This Is The Documentary Pdp Does Not Want You To Watch!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.