Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist (620 Views)

Akeredolu Tells Buhari To Allow Old & New Naira Notes Co-Exist As Parting Gift / Buhari Declines Assent To Five More Bills - Thisday Newspaper / Disappointments Trails Presidential Media Chat As Buhari Declines Live Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by sharpden: 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2023
President Muhammadu Buhari has declined the request of governors elected on the platform of the ruling party to allow the old and new naira banknotes co-exist until the former are phased out.

The governors under the Progressive Governors Forum (PGF) met with Mr Buhari on Friday at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

The Nation Newspapers, quoting Governor Nasir El-rufai of Kaduna State, reported that the state helmsmen appealed to the Nigerian leader to allow the old and new banknotes to co-exist as legal tender.

Mr El-rufai who said the president did not oblique their request during the meeting noted that Atiku Bagudu, his Kebbi counterpart and chairman of the PGF has gone back to convince the president.

But in a statement released by presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, the president promised to tackle the cash crunch in the country within the next one week which is the deadline for the collection of old banknotes by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

The statement indicates that while there might be changes in the policies, the extended deadline remains sacrosanct.

“Some banks are inefficient and only concerned about themselves”, said the president, “even if a year is added, problems associated with selfishness and greed won’t go away.

“I will revert to the CBN and the Minting Company. There will be a decision one way or the other in the remaining seven days of the 10-day extension,” Mr Buhari assured his visitors.

https://todaypoliticsng.com/buhari-declines-apc-govs-request-to-allow-old-and-new-naira-notes-co-exist/
Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by Midehi3(f): 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by Asgard13: 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2023
On this I’m loving Buhari

Corruption fighting back

Let Tinubu burn Yoruba land

Elrufia lamba say one governor withdraw 500 million new notes .. no sell for baba side

Their paid bandit photo and video no reach baba side

Sai Buhari ..

The man with intelligent

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by ncblaze: 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2023
Not surprised
Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by FarahAideed: 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2023
someone that has not been able to tackle fuel queues in Abuja for a year now wants to tackle a currency crunch his stupidity caused in one week cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by sharpden: 2:06pm On Feb 03, 2023
FarahAideed:
someone that has not been able to tackle fuel queues in Abuja for a year now wants to tackle a currency crunch his stupidity caused in one week cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

For 7 and half years he wasn't stvpid until now abi?

When you betray your own, even the outsider you're betraying for won't trust you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by FarahAideed: 2:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
sharpden:

For 7 and half years he wasn't stvpid until now abi?

When you betray your own, even the outsider you're betraying for won't trust you.

for 8 year straight i have maintained that he is a useless lunatic who has no business around govt
Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by Kingpin1000: 2:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
I never knew one day I'll be singing Buhari praises. He should also arrest all the thugs in Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by Praxis758: 2:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
El-Rufai’s outburst clearly shows how intellectually and mentally weak Buhari is.

I keep saying it, politicians know better than us, they support some moves and ideas of their parties/leaders with mere eyes but inwardly hate such.

This hypocrisy is the sole reason why Nigeria will continue to recycle the old parasitic folks as leaders.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by Torjay(m): 2:16pm On Feb 03, 2023
This is evil, it's callous, insensitive and wicked. People are been hurt by this nonsense policy. Buhari you're evil

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by Ogonimilitant(m): 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2023
ok
Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by asanausana91: 2:18pm On Feb 03, 2023
God! I don't know why I love Buhari like this.
Buhari used to be my worst enemy but now Buhari is best thing in my life after a bottle of Heneken.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by christejames(m): 2:23pm On Feb 03, 2023
Bubu knows their antics 😂 😂 😂 😂

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by Makavelli001: 3:22pm On Feb 03, 2023
I LOVE
I LOVE
I LOVE
I LOVE BUHARI**************

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by Jalinspy(f): 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2023
I wonder if tinubu will survive the shock effects of his election loss come February ending grin.
Urchins una wailing 😩 keeps increasing day after day.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Declines APC Govs’ Request To Allow Old And New Naira Notes Co-exist by odduduwa: 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2023
sharpden:

https://todaypoliticsng.com/buhari-declines-apc-govs-request-to-allow-old-and-new-naira-notes-co-exist/
Baba on point , thirfnubu must never be given an inch to Syphon Lagos money

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

They Want Us To Fight So That They Can Postpone The Election & Put An Interim Go / I Am So Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Politicians Impunity . Dss Stop El-rufai Now. / Why Is N200 Not In Circulation???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.