Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. (27479 Views)

I Am Getting Married On 18th April 2020. Kogi Here We Come / My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype / Identical Twin Sisters Get Married On Same Day To Men From Same State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by JustANairlander(m): 11:03am On Feb 06, 2023
Marriage isn't based on tribe or religion don't do a thing that will make your unborn children curse you because of being in pains as a sickle cell

1 Like

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Dhury: 11:03am On Feb 06, 2023
Maybe healthy child's in marriage is about luck not genotypes though i will make sure I know my genotype soon ,as well of
my future wife, but my question is If these genotype issues is real why All people from my rural areas never get problem from it despite not knowing their status till date and all their children are healthy.take me and all my siblings for example our parents don't even know what is genotype but we are not affected with any genotype issues we are all healthy.

7 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Nwadu: 11:04am On Feb 06, 2023
Rrr
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Viraltrends123: 11:04am On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:
You can still have up to three kids, all (AS) if you go head. It is from the 4th child that comes out as (SS). You can confirm this by asking your doctor.
You should have asked an health care professionals first, or an ss3 student

2 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by SmileDance(f): 11:05am On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:
You can still have up to three kids, all (AS) if you go head. It is from the 4th child that comes out as (SS). You can confirm this by asking your doctor.
Ignorant and proud

9 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by emekajacobogbon(m): 11:05am On Feb 06, 2023
Barbados20:
Goodmorning house. Family and friends are pressuring me to marry but this is the dilemma am going through.

Genotype has become a major barrier for me to get married to lady whom I love. We are tested both AS. My fiancee is from the same ethnic and christian background like me.

My dear, do away with the mentality of seeking for public opinion on a private and natural life of yours.
Listen to your inner man which is your spirit and best friend and your adviser in the most critical issues of life.
My public opinion and advise for you is that you just try and make moRE MONEY

On the other hand, I have this female friend whom i recently ask to know about her gnotype. She told me she is AA. Like joke, i ask for confirmation and she brought all d test results frm different lab. The issue is now this female friend is not from my tribe, she from a muslim background although she does not seriously practice it.

My fiancee from my tribal background, but genotype did not match with me. And the other lady from different background, she is AA and match with me. One girl I dated then was AA but the love was not there between us.

Its really frustrating to be AS if you are a Man that want to settle down I am really confused right now. Am above 30. How do i handle this issue of Genotype, ethinc and religious issues? Pls i need advice.
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by ambivert27(f): 11:06am On Feb 06, 2023
If your genotype is AA, you don't know what God has done for you 😚

11 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by clockwisereport: 11:07am On Feb 06, 2023

2 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Yong4ever: 11:07am On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:
you're wrong, it's all by equal chance, 50/50 I mean, no sane doctor will give that analogy of yours.

4 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by 1Sharon(f): 11:07am On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:

This is not true. A couple with AS genotype both have a 50% chance at CONCEPTION of having a child with SS, not at birth.

5 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by consultancy: 11:07am On Feb 06, 2023
siofra:
Marry but don't have kids. You can adopt if you really want one.
what an advice. embarassed

Op, the world is a global village, there are hundreds, if not thousands of other women who are both AA and from your region. Look towards that area and take your eyes off any woman who is AS like you, to avoid unfathomable pains in the future

1 Like

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 06, 2023
It depends on your values and what marriage is to you. People marry other from another ethnic group without no problem. People marry without planning to have children.

1 Like

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by abobote: 11:10am On Feb 06, 2023
Atarakpa:
I feel your pain. We AA o+ are the moving train..... Any hole that's comes around the 1 with balls will sure do....
This nothing to celebrate about AA, its just genotype

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by advanceDNA: 11:10am On Feb 06, 2023
Delight2014:

It doesn't actually work that way my dear
I can attest that some firstborn may be SS, so it varies

Lol...nigga said fourth child.....

I guess school is not scam after all

4 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by boom99(m): 11:10am On Feb 06, 2023
1Sharon:
AS genotype shouldn't be a hindrance! If you meet a woman that is AS you can still go ahead.

Go for genetic counselling, there are options.

You can do:

amniocentesis OR

pre implantation genetic diagnosis.

Those options are if you have the money and are brave enough.

Is it a sin to use this option?
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by PrimeWatermark: 11:11am On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:

Dey play... Just dey play
Keep following textbook principles.

6 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Shedymaya1(m): 11:12am On Feb 06, 2023
Better safe than sorry bro
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by abobote: 11:12am On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:
Stop this nonsense

6 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by 1Sharon(f): 11:12am On Feb 06, 2023
boom99:

Is it a sin to use this option?

Sex before marriage is a sin but you all love doing that.
Pls miss me with your hypocritical question.

1 Like

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Treassured: 11:12am On Feb 06, 2023
Enskynelson:
One of the major characteristics of a MAN is the ability to be responsible for your own decisions. Don't let any person force you into taking any decision especially a life-long decision. None of those people pushing u or putting pressure on you to get married will help you settle your marriage issues. There's much more to life than getting married.
You need to press a reset button and look again to see if you are ready for marriage. Secondly, look elsewhere. Those two persons are not the only people in this world. Be more open-minded in your search and also be prayerful about it.

OP take this Advice seriously.
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by boom99(m): 11:14am On Feb 06, 2023
1Sharon:

Sex before marriage is a sin but you all love doing that.
Pls miss me with your hypocritical question.
I am sorry for asking. Mind you, I married as a virgin. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by blaquebelle: 11:15am On Feb 06, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:
About 50% of Nigerians are AS, that means one out of 2 Nigerians carry the sickle cell trait. Less than 40% are AA and under 4 % are SS.

Your options

1.Marry AS like yourself and do prenatal diagnosis
You will abort any SS fetus before the end of the first trimester

2. Marry someone of european ancestry. The don't have the condition

3.Wait for biotechnology to come up with a cure or work around before you marry. It's very possible this century especially with the Advent of AI

4. Don't marry anyone.

Wow. Its interesting to discover that the Europeans don't have the condition.

It might explain why we've always been more religious too. Maybe we were falling ill more often due to SS genotype and we started attributing it to various gods and deities trying to punish us. Meanwhile the Europeans have been advancing technologically for a long time.

6 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by kay29000(m): 11:15am On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:

Who told you that? I know an AS person that married an AC person and their first child is SC... If you don't know SC, it's like SS too, but not as bad. Don't misinform people... The first child can be SS if AS and AS get married.

9 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by kay29000(m): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2023
1Sharon:
AS genotype shouldn't be a hindrance! If you meet a woman that is AS you can still go ahead.

Go for genetic counselling, there are options.

You can do:

amniocentesis OR

pre implantation genetic diagnosis.

Those options are if you have the money and are brave enough.

I wanted to stress this... That cost a lot of money.
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by ukaface(f): 11:17am On Feb 06, 2023
SmartPolician:
My female friend has lost a lot of potential suitors due to her genotype. Nigerian health experts should do something about this. These people should justify why they went to school.

We must not wait for Americans to solve all our problems. Unfortunately, they don't even see this as a problem among themselves that's why they rarely talk about it
Do something about it in what way?
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by kay29000(m): 11:18am On Feb 06, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:
About 50% of Nigerians are AS, that means one out of 2 Nigerians carry the sickle cell trait. Less than 40% are AA and under 4 % are SS.

Your options

1.Marry AS like yourself and do prenatal diagnosis
You will abort any SS fetus before the end of the first trimester

2. Marry someone of European ancestry. They don't have the condition

3.Wait for biotechnology to come up with a cure or work around before you marry. It's very possible this century especially with the Advent of AI

4. Don't marry anyone.

Whoa! I never knew this. Let me do some research.
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by advanceDNA: 11:19am On Feb 06, 2023
abobote:

This nothing to celebrate about AA, its just genotype

Na pple real life struggle u dey call just genotype oooo... u dont know the bliss that comes with not worrying about a potential partner's genotype... breaking relationship over and over becos of a biological marker
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by peacettw: 11:19am On Feb 06, 2023
It can be terribly frustrating.. So sorry

1 Like

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by kay29000(m): 11:21am On Feb 06, 2023
Fedrick100:
God abeg make my genotype be AA oo

Lol. That's how I prayed too, and I turned out As... World no end.
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by kay29000(m): 11:22am On Feb 06, 2023
ambivert27:
If your genotype is AA, you don't know what God has done for you 😚

I swear.

2 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by maasoap(m): 11:23am On Feb 06, 2023
Barbados20:
Goodmorning house. Family and friends are pressuring me to marry but this is the dilemma am going through.

Genotype has become a major barrier for me to get married to lady whom I love. We are tested both AS. My fiancee is from the same ethnic and christian background like me.

On the other hand, I have this female friend whom i recently ask to know about her gnotype. She told me she is AA. Like joke, i ask for confirmation and she brought all d test results frm different lab. The issue is now this female friend is not from my tribe, she from a muslim background although she does not seriously practice it.

My fiancee from my tribal background, but genotype did not match with me. And the other lady from different background, she is AA and match with me. One girl I dated then was AA but the love was not there between us.

Its really frustrating to be AS if you are a Man that want to settle down I am really confused right now. Am above 30. How do i handle this issue of Genotype, ethinc and religious issues? Pls i need advice.

About the second girl:
Gynotype is a big factor when it comes to marriage, first thing.
Ethnicity shouldn't be an issue in this age, there are countless inter tribal marriages than you can imagine!
Concerning the religions difference, both of you should sit down (assuming you love or can love each other) and talk about who is going to drop his or her faith and embrace that of the other partner. That's the only fair way it can work out in the long run

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Lady Takes Abusive Sugar Daddy To Court / Nigerians Describe Their Exes With A Nigerian Food (Video) / Can You Marry A Girl That Refused To Date You Several Years Ago?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.