Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? (25061 Views)

CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges / CBN To Clamp Down On Illegal PoS Operators / How To Apply And Get Your Tin Number, Same Day Free Of Charge In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 06, 2023
Lol.

I haven't exactly felt the impact of this cash swap initiative so far. Since last year, I and the Mrs basically transact without notes. You can only find like 10K of physical currency in the house in the entire space of one month. That's for offerings, roadside akara, tips for estate security, the whole shebang. We've never had reasons to withdraw above that amount, not even when we were building early last year.

Though I had reasons to withdraw from POS last Friday, I paid the usual 100 box for 4K from the chic cause we're good friends. She's run transfers for me in the past amounting to hundreds of thousands. So she no get mind to bill me now.
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by gbolswag(m): 9:39am On Feb 06, 2023
6k for 30k...I didn't have a choice
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by geementontop(m): 9:42am On Feb 06, 2023
Well i operate pos and making money the chargers I give to people is not their problem as what is important to them is having cash at hand as I server as a saviour to the area because I operate a maga store that I always hav cash ,its said that Ala adighi nma bu uru ndi nze ( chaotic moment is an advantage to the elders of the village) ]now I am rationing it to make sure that it gets to everybody as I'm talking to you I don't give more than 3,000 because I don't want to give too much money to one person and others remain I am not enjoying the situation it is becoming totally unbecoming
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Terri3Assets1: 9:44am On Feb 06, 2023
gabazin080:
boss abeg drop location. for here na 1k for 5k

Karu, Abuja.
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by laidoure4real(m): 9:45am On Feb 06, 2023
My area, 1500 for 10k
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Emeka71(m): 9:45am On Feb 06, 2023
Terri3Assets1:
500 for 5k
Not N100?
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Terri3Assets1: 9:46am On Feb 06, 2023
Emeka71:
Not N100?

No way.
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by sircatherine45(m): 9:50am On Feb 06, 2023
Pastoshizzy:
sorry to barge in bro, but you really must consider a change of location.

This is a public forum. Everybody has the right to a say. But if I leave the place, I no get money to relocate. It's sad, but wetin man go do?
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Onarabu: 9:50am On Feb 06, 2023
Masterclass77:
In my side, the maximum you can collect is 2k. The charge is N200 for the 2k

This is the real definition of urgent 2k
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by GolDRoger: 9:53am On Feb 06, 2023
You cannot blame POS merchants...

Most of you saying stuffs.. do you even consider how they get those cash you're coming to withdraw... if its that easy to get cash you would have rushed to the nearest Bank Close to you and get cash 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.. most of the buy the cash they use for business now, from other businesses owners who Have cash...

When you buy 100k cash for 10k .. how much do you expect them to charge when they go bank to their shops??

1 Like

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Sltp: 9:54am On Feb 06, 2023
Kingpele:
Chai Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. Our leaders are true reflection of the nature and mindset of majority of us...bankers are selling the new naira notes to pos operators who in turn sells to the masses..even big business people sell to pos operators ..last week my guy sold 600k to a pos agent with a profit of 15k per 100k I was very sad that day .so it means if the lady will sell with profit..she will be charging 20k per 100k ...this is terrible..bankers will put unwrapped notes in ATM machines to prevent it from dispensing cash to masses.so they can sell it to politicians and pos agents...may God renew the hearts Nigerians towards one another....I haven't visited any pos agent for transfers rather they come to me to collect money ..I use to give my money to my guy that is into pos to deposit for me since i have mobile app .and charges to people that withdraw from his shop are not too much..he charges 500 for 20k
Where in the world would this not happen? Have you ever stepped out of your village or state to conclude other people don't hoard? Did the average Nigerian create the scarcity? I was in Europe during the Covid 19 and humans are humans everywhere. Bash the incompetent leaders and stop talking bullshit.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Oladelepsy001(m): 9:55am On Feb 06, 2023
#600 per #5000
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Pastoshizzy(m): 9:56am On Feb 06, 2023
sircatherine45:

This is a public forum. Everybody has the right to a say. But if I leave the place, I no get money to relocate. It's sad, but wetin man go do?
strategise...cut away extra trimmings to fit. Well, I just had a premonition the cost of living in your area may be too high. But any which way GOD go bless us this year.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Danjossy(m): 9:56am On Feb 06, 2023
500 for 5k,but still not reasonable 😁
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by jeromestarks: 9:58am On Feb 06, 2023
Thinkam:
Still 100 Naira to withdraw ten thousand (10k) , I don't know why some people are wailing about this Naira redesign.

I'm currently in the most rural part of Kebbi state and every store accept transfer, I paid for a loaf kainuwa bread which is 350 naira with transfer this morning, using my Opay app.

Nigerians wailing about this are those that want to make it hard for themselves.

I haven't held more than 3k cash since this whole design issue, my card and transfer, accepted, kebbi and sokoto state.

So I wonder why those in the so called educated area's are finding it difficult to adjust.

Me an APC supporter undecidedgrin, me that have bought coffin to bury APC grin grin cheesy..
No one supports APC, they only deserve fire
Come and lecture me about this opay thing.
How do I add money to my opay account?
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by sircatherine45(m): 10:01am On Feb 06, 2023
Pastoshizzy:
strategise...cut away extra trimmings to fit. Well, I just had a premonition the cost of living in your area may be too high. But any which way GOD go bless us this year.
I don cut my coat sotay the cloth dey tight me for body. My area Na Gee boys and Oloshonarians dey deck the side. I go soon park comot sha. Glory to God.
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by DamiAyo17(f): 10:01am On Feb 06, 2023
Went to d mkt on Saturday to get some stuffs...told d woman selling fish if she will accept transfer..she said yes but she will charge 1k for #4500, I begged her to collect #500, she no gree...naso I waka go house empty handed without buying anything ooo
Couldn't make anything during the weekend
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by sircatherine45(m): 10:02am On Feb 06, 2023
jeromestarks:

Come and lecture me about this opay thing.
How do I add money to my opay account?
Go online and open account. Or download the app, register, link your bvn and nin and you are good to go.
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Chetas81(m): 10:02am On Feb 06, 2023
Foreigner12:
Vote for Tinubu to make things right.
remain sick citizens
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Lekan239(m): 10:04am On Feb 06, 2023
Obaofaba:
10%

Although I'm making a lot of money this time due to the nature of my business, POS operators were queuing to get cash from me and I'm charging them 5% but I'll not be selfish, this policy is bad as insane.
you are a fuel station manager.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Onize01: 10:04am On Feb 06, 2023
2k for 2k 😂😂

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by sukkot: 10:05am On Feb 06, 2023
3k for 15k but it was brand new teAr rubber money
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by sircatherine45(m): 10:05am On Feb 06, 2023
DamiAyo17:
Went to d mkt on Saturday to get some stuffs...told d woman selling fish if she will accept transfer..she said yes but she will charge 1k for #4500, I begged her to collect #500, she no gree...naso I waka go house empty handed without buying anything ooo
Couldn't make anything during the weekend

You can imagine the pains. This is the eight or ninth day I'm standing under hot sun, queueing for new notes. I don collect today's own, will go there tomorrow. But at the cost of my health. I'm quite down with stress, but wetin man go do? If I no get money, how will my business move? How my baby go feed?

It's well, we'll survive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by BiGVEEN58(m): 10:05am On Feb 06, 2023
Mrcritic2:
I withdrew 12,000 with 3500
What did you do with cash?
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Pastoshizzy(m): 10:06am On Feb 06, 2023
sircatherine45:
I don cut my coat sotay the cloth dey tight me for body. My area Na Gee boys and Oloshonarians dey deck the side. I go soon park comot sha. Glory to God.
Inside life. Play safe and move closer to your JESUS...E go everly b. Shoutout!

1 Like

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by UncleKoboko: 10:08am On Feb 06, 2023
Thinkam:
Still 100 Naira to withdraw ten thousand (10k) , I don't know why some people are wailing about this Naira redesign.

I'm currently in the most rural part of Kebbi state and every store accept transfer, I paid for a loaf kainuwa bread which is 350 naira with transfer this morning, using my Opay app.

Nigerians wailing about this are those that want to make it hard for themselves.

I haven't held more than 3k cash since this whole design issue, my card and transfer, accepted, kebbi and sokoto state.

So I wonder why those in the so called educated area's are finding it difficult to adjust.

Me an APC supporter undecidedgrin, me that have bought coffin to bury APC grin grin cheesy..
No one supports APC, they only deserve fire
Keep fooling yourself in your hypocrisy, bigotry and stupidity. So it's PDP and Atiku we should vote because he's foolanì like you.
GOD forbid bad thing!

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Rapture4real(m): 10:09am On Feb 06, 2023
I paid #600 to get #10k. I guess the person did it on my personal person basis.
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by sircatherine45(m): 10:10am On Feb 06, 2023
GolDRoger:
You cannot blame POS merchants...

Most of you saying stuffs.. do you even consider how they get those cash you're coming to withdraw... if its that easy to get cash you would have rushed to the nearest Bank Close to you and get cash 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.. most of the buy the cash they use for business now, from other businesses owners who Have cash...

When you buy 100k cash for 10k .. how much do you expect them to charge when they go bank to their shops??

One babe get connect to bring 1 million naira new notes. So I agree with you.
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by cigaricon(m): 10:10am On Feb 06, 2023
Yesterday at Dutse Abuja, i tried to withdraw 2k from pós and the lady said it's #500.. i was flabbergasted. It's clear most Nigerians are greedy and would do worse than the politicians we all curse everyday if they find themselves in same position. #500 to withdraw 2k, haba.
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by sircatherine45(m): 10:10am On Feb 06, 2023
Pastoshizzy:
Inside life. Play safe and move closer to your JESUS...E go everly b. Shoutout!
Thanks my baba.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Ogbemuo: 10:13am On Feb 06, 2023
A friend of mine paid 20k just to withdraw 100k
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Angrygoat: 10:14am On Feb 06, 2023
So far I've spent 6k on pos charges . I ran up to aboki to change to 200$

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? / How Much Is Engine Oil In Your Area Now? / Youths Seal Oil Company In Rivers With Juju Over Negligence(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.