Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,161 members, 7,829,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? (25118 Views)

CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges / CBN To Clamp Down On Illegal PoS Operators / How To Apply And Get Your Tin Number, Same Day Free Of Charge In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Kinzo0917(m): 1:05pm On Feb 06, 2023
naijapikin2:
100 naira for 1k
Here in Abuja o.

Just negodu that thing
That was before. Presently now in Abuja, is 200-300 for 1k. I stay in Kubwa.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by codemaniacs: 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2023
broadman20:

Wishful thinking!

Just like the Lybians were saying when they were rooting out Gaddafi.

Now how market?

What happened to those beautiful plans and objectives?

Just also like Southern Sudan,

Why are they fighting each other now after breaking out from Sudan?

I've given you much current examples in your Africa.

You people are simply day dreaming.

Similar to Ethiopia.. the different tribes are fighting to control resources and are sponsored by foreign billionaires.

Yoruba is one tribe or ethnic nation. Igbo is one tribe or ethnic nations. So they wouldn't fight amongst themselves because they have billionaires who would acquire most of the resources and are not easily swayed by foreigners.
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Benblaq(m): 1:11pm On Feb 06, 2023
I'm literarily f in school.. Received money for feeding from Dada yesterday, used more than HALF of it to withdraw from POS. The unnecessary spending is choking. I am consoling myself with “I'll get all the money lost to FG palava from alawee” .. God epp us. 😔
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by fuck419: 1:34pm On Feb 06, 2023
I just withdrew 24k to collect 20k. They charged me 4000 for 20000.

Even offices that would ordinarily collect Transfer payments via remita are saying not network. The deliberately force you to go and get cash . They in return, sell the same cash to the POS agents who would collect serious charges again for the cash.

We are also not helping matters. Nigerians are also part of the problem, it's not only the Government.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Evidenx(m): 1:35pm On Feb 06, 2023
tonididdy:

Dude it’s not by PO
There needs to be a mass education and serial disciplinary measures towards Nigerians

We too wicked to ourselves even outside country
Omo ma my decision be that,leave am for me.

The policy was not well launch from start,90% of the blame goes to the federal government.(CBN)
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by queengift(f): 1:42pm On Feb 06, 2023
I was told 1k for 5k, an average Nigeria is just wicked.
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Signum(f): 1:47pm On Feb 06, 2023
Ok12345:
500 for 4k

Exactly what I did just now. That's the cheapest I could get.
One POS man even told me 1200 for 4k. Haba!
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by broadman20: 2:07pm On Feb 06, 2023
codemaniacs:

Similar to Ethiopia.. the different tribes are fighting to control resources and are sponsored by foreign billionaires.

Yoruba is one tribe or ethnic nation. Igbo is one tribe or ethnic nations. So they wouldn't fight amongst themselves because they have billionaires who would acquire most of the resources and are not easily swayed by foreigners.

Hahahaha!

This your wishing thinking ehh!

Anyway it's well with you.
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by iInjureHerYansh: 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
#200 for every 1k.... Very wicked set of people...This thing has really made me to realize that an average nigerian is anti-nigerian............. Waiting to get an upper hand so that he/she can rip off the sweat of his fellow country man.......It clearly shows that our politicians aren't our problem only,na we-we dey do ourselves.
Na today you know? Lol
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by adeoyekay(m): 2:23pm On Feb 06, 2023
Benblaq:
I'm literarily f in school.. Received money for feeding from Dada yesterday, used more than HALF of it to withdraw from POS. The unnecessary spending is choking. I am consoling myself with “I'll get all the money lost to FG palava from alawee” .. God epp us. 😔
lol "alawee" self na scam
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Stevengold(m): 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2023
FarahAideed:

What did you need so much cash for

Transport, for two persons plus money for food.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by FarahAideed: 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2023
Stevengold:

Transport, for two persons plus money for food.

Okay
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Stevengold(m): 2:36pm On Feb 06, 2023
odinga1of:

Which area or state be that?

Trans Amadi (Port Harcourt)
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Stevengold(m): 2:36pm On Feb 06, 2023
Lacash:
1k for 5k @ Ijegun part of Lasgidi 🥸

cry
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by famuad: 2:44pm On Feb 06, 2023
Farmland Bonanza

11 acres of farmland at Idiya village along oyo-iseyin expressway. 6 minutes drive from the expressway.
Price: 250k per acre (Negotiable)

6 acres of farmland at idi-ori village, opposite SAF polytechnic, along oyo-iseyin expressway. Good for hostel building. 2 minutes drive from the expressway.
Price: 350k per acre (Negotiable)

For inspection/enquiry, call/WhatsApp: 09034636432
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by jydo34547: 2:48pm On Feb 06, 2023
500 for 4k500 for 4k...
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Godspeed0: 2:53pm On Feb 06, 2023
Kingpele:
Chai Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. Our leaders are true reflection of the nature and mindset of majority of us...bankers are selling the new naira notes to pos operators who in turn sells to the masses..even big business people sell to pos operators ..last week my guy sold 600k to a pos agent with a profit of 15k per 100k I was very sad that day .so it means if the lady will sell with profit..she will be charging 20k per 100k ...this is terrible..bankers will put unwrapped notes in ATM machines to prevent it from dispensing cash to masses.so they can sell it to politicians and pos agents...may God renew the hearts Nigerians towards one another....I haven't visited any pos agent for transfers rather they come to me to collect money ..I use to give my money to my guy that is into pos to deposit for me since i have mobile app .and charges to people that withdraw from his shop are not too much..he charges 500 for 20k
bro you fit conect me with pos agent me too get cash like 700k may i want selll
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by jibrilELsudan: 2:57pm On Feb 06, 2023
SensetionalGoal:

Lies...

ODE

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by savanto: 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2023
3,000 charge for 10,000 in this part of Delta State, what a bomboclaat!!!!
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by santakris(m): 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2023
150 per thousand in my area.
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by ClassyJay(m): 3:49pm On Feb 06, 2023
Here the Charges varies.
Some charge #500 for 3k ,others #500 for 5k .While some give out new notes but charge #1000 for 5k
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by naijapikin2(m): 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2023
Kinzo0917:
That was before. Presently now in Abuja, is 200-300 for 1k. I stay in Kubwa.
I just moved from kubwa to town just imagine o. Chai naija
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Mrcritic2: 4:22pm On Feb 06, 2023
BiGVEEN58:

What did you do with cash?
wify needed to buy some items from the market
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by SMEpromote: 4:29pm On Feb 06, 2023
N500 for N2k and you can't take more than N2000. Lagos.
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Stevengold(m): 4:50pm On Feb 06, 2023
SMEpromote:
N500 for N2k and you can't take more than N2000. Lagos.

Suffer everywhere.
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:16pm On Feb 06, 2023
broadman20:

So all those news on NAIRALAND about people selling skull in Yoruba land is fake ABI?

I don't know why you people like covering crime like no man business.

You are quick to talk about other people's crime but yours is an Accusation ABI?

It's either this HYPOCRITICAL lifestyle is inborn or it's a curse.
you are hypocrite here cos some pple use that tag often on nairaland u don pin am for Yoruba some of d criminal atrocities reported in d South West na Only Yoruba de do am...
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by real777(m): 5:34pm On Feb 06, 2023
Nigerians are too weak mentally and not intelligent at all. They allow people cheat them because they too believe they will cheat the next person by inflating the price of their goods or service & at the end of it all, they remain in circles. Why will a normal functioning citizens allow POS agents to cheat him with 10% in the guise of withdrawing your hard earned money? Majority of the POS outlets are owned by the so called greedy and selfish bankers.

The day I finally realized that nigerians love to suffer in the hands of their oppressors is this common response in local parlance "waiting we go do na. We go still buy am even though the price change from #200 to #2000 over night. We no go eat our money na. Hunger and disunity among followers are the weapons politicians uses to hook nigerians in the throat & is working well. Nigerians love food so much that you can call a few among them to disorganized an entire group. ENDSARS is an example. Resilient in Nigerian is not courage but stupidity.

I hate POS & I have never put my life in a position to use them. I still wonder till this moment how I survive in Nigeria without a single stress despite the fact that I don't even have money nor beg. I leave within my means & no faking life.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by Chikebranny123(m): 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2023
#200 Per 1000
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by BiGVEEN58(m): 6:10pm On Feb 06, 2023
Mrcritic2:
wify needed to buy some items from the market

And she can't transfer?
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by backnbeta(f): 6:13pm On Feb 06, 2023
real777:
Nigerians are too weak mentally and not intelligent at all. They allow people cheat them because they too believe they will cheat the next person by inflating the price of their goods or service & at the end of it all, they remain in circles. Why will a normal functioning citizens allow POS agents to cheat him with 10% in the guise of withdrawing your hard earned money? Majority of the POS outlets are owned by the so called greedy and selfish bankers.

The day I finally realized that nigerians love to suffer in the hands of their oppressors is this common response in local parlance "waiting we go do na. We go still buy am even though the price change from #200 to #2000 over night. We no go eat our money na. Hunger and disunity among followers are the weapons politicians uses to hook nigerians in the throat & is working well. Nigerians love food so much that you can call a few among them to disorganized an entire group. ENDSARS is an example. Resilient in Nigerian is not courage but stupidity.

I hate POS & I have never put my life in a position to use them. I still wonder till this moment how I survive in Nigeria without a single stress despite the fact that I don't even have money nor beg. I leave within my means & no faking life.
You can say that till you need cash. Today, I tried to transfer 15k to someone without luck, the POS transaction wasn't successful either. I desperately needed the goods, I decided to look for cash. I was asked to pay 1k for 5k. I said no and dropped the goods in anger. Right now, I'm regretting it because I had to go to ShopRite to buy the same quantity of goods at almost double the price I got it in the market earlier!
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:14pm On Feb 06, 2023
3k pos Charged cheat-fee of N300 at ogba ikj Lagos'.,mention the location angry so sad.
PRAY AGAINST SABOTOUERS and VOTE BUYERS who COLLUDED WITH CRIMINAL BANKERS TO HIDE D MONEY WITH BIOOIONS OF OLD NOTEs SWAP.. sad
Re: How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? by imagrg(m): 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2023
The average Nigerians particularly women, have tendencies to be fraudulent. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria / How To Make Money Living The Laptop Lifestyle / Seplat ‘Majestic’ Oil Rig Collapses In Delta, One Dies, 3 Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.