Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,166 members, 7,856,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

Fashola: I Am Also Affected By The Naira Redesign, I Don't Have Cash (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: I Am Also Affected By The Naira Redesign, I Don't Have Cash (Video) (372 Views)

Buhari Approved naira redesign, I didn't withdraw $6.23m - Emefiele / Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa / Fashola: I Don’t Know What Happened To Camera I Recovered At Lekki Tollgate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Fashola: I Am Also Affected By The Naira Redesign, I Don't Have Cash (Video) by MrNotAgain: 11:04pm On Feb 06, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wktQPEYp6yY

The Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has said that he is also affected by the naira redesign carried out by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Fashola, who made a live appearance on Channels Television’s The 2023 Verdict on Monday, was reacting to the outcry over the widespread scarcity of the N200, N500, and N1,000 banknotes since they were unveiled on November 23, 2022.

According to the CBN, the old versions of those denominations will no longer be legal tenders after February 10, 2023 as the apex bank targets hoarders of illicit funds in the buildup to the general elections.

He said: “I see people at ATMs, I see people in banks crowded, struggling to get their money.

“I get feedback, I don't have cash too.

“The naira swap policy is not working at this moment, it's causing unintended consequences.”

Re: Fashola: I Am Also Affected By The Naira Redesign, I Don't Have Cash (Video) by Brendaniel: 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2023
hmmmmm
Re: Fashola: I Am Also Affected By The Naira Redesign, I Don't Have Cash (Video) by DSC7: 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2023
Me sef no get cash for hand but i have been surviving.....

The new naira policy is here to stay and nothing can make FG postpone the deadline until maybe after election.....

Make everybody vote their conscience that's all i care about....
Re: Fashola: I Am Also Affected By The Naira Redesign, I Don't Have Cash (Video) by yerokunphilips: 11:10pm On Feb 06, 2023
It's pure wickedness to open over 200 million open to untold hardship because you don't want someone from a particular tribe to win the forthcoming election. Making life so difficult using currency redesign and fuel scarcity to discredit your own political party to enhance the chance of someone from your tribe is pure evil.
Re: Fashola: I Am Also Affected By The Naira Redesign, I Don't Have Cash (Video) by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2023
It's a good idea. Actually that's how European countries rolls, likewise Americans too. But Nigeria government just like doing the right thing at the wrong time. Why is it days to election they are bringing it? What is wrong with the whole last year?? Am just thanking God APC eight years is right at the corner. Affliction will not rise the second time, not anymore.
Re: Fashola: I Am Also Affected By The Naira Redesign, I Don't Have Cash (Video) by Mynd44: 6:29am On Feb 07, 2023

(1)

Is Wike Retirement Knocking At His Door? / A Poem About......APC / Stop Punishing Nigerians, Release Your Hoarded New Naira Notes, PDP Tells APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.