Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. (5041 Views)

Guys Pls Stop Patronizing These Stupid Runz Gurlz! / It Is Risky Patronizing Sex Workers, Here Is Why? / Masturbation Or Patronizing Of Prostitutes, Which Is Safer And Better As A Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Truvelisback(m): 2:13am On Feb 07, 2023
Good day, fellas. These are some of the reasons i love buying things from Mallam/Aboki's Shop.
1. Most of them are very Content with the little interest they make from their sales unlike other business people.
2. Their goods are cheap or less expensive. They rarely make their goods expensive or too expensive for people to buy from them. And if they add to their price of goods, it is likely that the price he bought the goods has increased that's why.
3. Most of them are very friendly to their customers and do maintain customers.
4. They aren't competitive in their business with other business people. I.e Mr. A is selling his goods for this price(which may be very expensive or too expensive), therefore, i must sell mine this same. And many more.
So, if u want to buy something that u aren't sure of the price or u are scared of being cheated, patronise them. They are very considerate in their prices. The amazing part of it all is that, they make progress in their businesses than those folks who delibrately make their goods very expensive or too expensive for people to afford.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by doggedfighter(f): 2:13am On Feb 07, 2023
Our own Mallam here's the kindest person I know.

We buy from others only if he doesn't have that particular stuff.

He goes out of his way to please sacrificially.

Everyone loves to say hi and chit chat with him before going home.

He can give you his last change when asked for believing that when another customer comes change will come out somehow grin

People here trust him with the keys to their flats and gate .

Aside what he sells, he's a cobbler and mends clothes too. Though he mends rubbish sometimes grin grin

And he's handsome too with clear, shinny dark skin and luxuriant curly hair.

He's the darling of our crescent.

Sani you are the best !!!!!!

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Lee99: 2:15am On Feb 07, 2023
Can't argue with op on this

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Truvelisback(m): 2:42am On Feb 07, 2023
doggedfighter:

Everyone loves to say hi and chit chat with him before you go home.

He can give you his last change when asked for believing that when another customer come change come out somehow grin

People here trust him with the keys to their flats when they can't help it.

Aside what he sells, he's a cobbler and mends clothes too.

Most of them are very Content. That's what i love abt them. Last week, I went to Withdraw 5k from a P.O.S. because of my hopeless effort to get money from any A.T.M. including my Bank. Luckily, the guy i met there was an Aboki. I was expecting expecting him to charge me N500 for the 5k withdrawal, the Aboki told #300. To cut the long story short, after bargaining with him, he collected N200.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by VeryWickedSimp: 4:13am On Feb 07, 2023
doggedfighter:

Kai! Sani don finish work ontop Auntie body.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Nobody: 4:23am On Feb 07, 2023
Why I don't like buying from mallams
1. They are not as clean as most supermarkets
2. They can be diabolical
3. They can sell fake things (supermarkets are supplied directly from the company, so it is not possible to sell the fake)
4. They can sell expired products (this might not be intentional but most supermarkets are intentional about maintaining goods within their shelf lifetime, for example, shoprite do markdown on their products once it approaches expiry dates)
5. Mallams are also becoming greedy, exploiting any opportunity they see but because of the trust you feel you have built, you might not notice this.

15 Likes

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by VinnyBaba: 5:21am On Feb 07, 2023
OP, you may Right in some ways.

But Many Hausa traders/Guys are becoming VERY Greedy these days! sad

U need to see the ones Riding Keke in Warri and Motorcycles in Warri Inter-streets. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Uptheante(m): 5:26am On Feb 07, 2023
doggedfighter:

He can give you his last change when asked for believing that when another customer comes change will come out somehow grin

Aside what he sells, he's a cobbler and mends clothes too. Though he mends rubbish sometimes grin grin

How many times has the guy fuucked you?

8 Likes

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by placeofallure(f): 5:31am On Feb 07, 2023
I remember a Mallam on our street growing up, Seidu. He gives his wares away to us kids - sweets, biscuits, gum, lollipop etc. Thinking back, I don't know how he makes profit. His wares will look scanty at a point because of his numerous give aways but he'd get around and stock up again. God bless him wherever he is.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Almaigaa: 5:50am On Feb 07, 2023
henro4niger:
Why I don't like buying from mallams
1. They are not as clean as most supermarkets
2. They can be diabolical
3. They can sell fake things (supermarkets are supplied directly from the company, so it is not possible to sell the fake)
4. They can sell expired products
(this might not be intentional but most supermarkets are intentional about maintaining goods within their shelf lifetime, for example, shoprite do markdown on their products once it approaches expiry dates)
5. Mallams are also becoming greedy, exploiting any opportunity they see but because of the trust you feel you have built, you might not notice this.

You are actually reffering to these People. Northerners are upright and integrity

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by VinnyBaba: 5:57am On Feb 07, 2023
Almaigaa:

You are actually reffering to these People. Northerners are upright and integrity

Even though I know you as a Hardened APC/Tinubu Supporter,
Had to Laugh@dat Picx and ur comment.! cheesy cheesy grin

But, Wetin Igbo Pple do una sef?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Chasito(m): 6:18am On Feb 07, 2023
I stay in the North, (Adamawa state)
aboki people are nice, especially if you can speak little Hausa, he can even sell something to you almost the price he bought it sef.

But, don't get too close with them, make e no pass customer relationship, E get why.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Dshocker(m): 6:39am On Feb 07, 2023
doggedfighter:

Give him a chance na?

Wahala

4 Likes

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by DesChyko: 7:29am On Feb 07, 2023
We'll, I wouldn't be too comfortable. Been around long enough to see them go from 0 to 100 mph when shit hits the fan.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by doggedfighter(f): 7:56am On Feb 07, 2023
Truvelisback:
Most of them are very Content. That's what i love abt them. Last week, I went to Withdraw 5k from a P.O.S. because of my hopeless effort to get money from any A.T.M. including my Bank. Luckily, the guy i met there was an Aboki. I was expecting expecting him to charge me N500 for the 5k withdrawal, the Aboki told #300. To cut the long story short, after bargaining with him, he collected N200.

I don't know why they agree to any bargain. The level of their contentment needs to be studied.

I met one on a bus while on my way to Enugu. He opened his leather bag , I saw his wares. He said you must buy grin

I didn't need it but I priced he said no ,at a point he agreed.

I still was reluctant to buy because I didn't need it. He brought the price lower.

I was forced to just pay grin
That thing has been lying around never used.

He said he name was Usman the son of Alhaji Tanko. The father and family resides Nsukka grin grin

Very funny fellow.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Sucre6: 8:00am On Feb 07, 2023
The mallam in my estate sells stuff, provisions too and he does P.O.S, he's so trustworthy and friendly, any time I am rushing to work, he leaves all he's doing just to say hi and good luck,
I do leave my change most time after buying stuff, and anytime I want to do a transaction lower than 20k, he wont charge, I would beg him to collect charge baba no go gree, this guy so rich Nah now we know, he's the CBN around here, I haven't suffered shortage of cash since this new money wahala, Abdullahi would always make cash available for me, dude is a life saver grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by TheChameleon: 8:00am On Feb 07, 2023
DesChyko:
We'll, I wouldn't be too comfortable. Been around long enough to see them go from 0 to 100 mph when shit hits the fan.

Typical Igbo man and cowardice.

Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.

Una fear them pass God grin

Even online, you fear them so much that if they insult una, na Yoruba name you go call. cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by TheChameleon: 8:01am On Feb 07, 2023
grin
Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by marlow1962(m): 8:16am On Feb 07, 2023
Igbo traders left the group 😆

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Birniwa(m): 8:43am On Feb 07, 2023
Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by DesChyko: 8:47am On Feb 07, 2023
TheChameleon:

Typical Igbo man and cowardice.

Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.

Una fear them pass God grin

Even online, you fear them so much that if they insult una, na Yoruba name you go call. cheesy

Okay bro. E go be ✌️

3 Likes

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 07, 2023
Hausas are nice people. Asides from being religious fanatics

4 Likes

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by KingMack(m): 8:56am On Feb 07, 2023
Naturally the hausa's are very nice set of people but this generation drugs don finish dem

12 Likes

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 07, 2023
VinnyBaba:

OP, you may Right in some ways.

But Many Hausa traders/Guys are becoming VERY Greedy these days! sad

U need to see the ones Riding Keke in Warri and Motorcycles in Warri Inter-streets. undecided
Some of the ones riding okada and Keke are thugs because they had to adapt😁. They are still nice ones though, especially in states outside of lagos

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by techWriter3: 9:12am On Feb 07, 2023
Can't contest with moll on this
Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Fedrick100: 9:14am On Feb 07, 2023
What all the commenters are saying is true

In Abia state here if I want to buy watch or necklace, I buy from the Hausa sellers here, because even if you price them low they’ll still sell it to you

8 Likes

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Generalwoodz(m): 9:24am On Feb 07, 2023
Suya Suya suya!

Lived formative part of my life in Kaduna and when the wind of change blew I found myself wind up in a couch at Onitsha.

I've 80% proficiency in Hausa language.

Just think of anything Hausa sells and I'd tell you how I got them unbelievably cheap and plus the freebies that's comes like the sunrise and sunset.

1 Like

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Umunze1stSon(m): 9:24am On Feb 07, 2023
[quote author=marlow1962 post=120700689]Igbo traders left the group

1 Like

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Umunze1stSon(m): 9:37am On Feb 07, 2023
marlow1962:
Igbo traders left the group 😆

1 Like

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 07, 2023
Good to see you all admit we are nice, honest and generally kind but you lots keep dishing us insults just because of politics. Islam gave us that orientation to be nice and generally good to people. Before you shout bokoharam let me inform you that bokoharam is anti Islam and it’s highly politically driven. We will always be nice to everyone as Islam instructed us to. Salam. Mynd44, nlfpmod seun push to frontage and let the rest give their good remarks about us.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop. by benqo01(m): 9:46am On Feb 07, 2023
OP U RE 100% CORRECT THEY RE VERY CONSIDERATE,I RATHER BUY FROM DEM THAN BUY FROM ANY OTHER PERSON.

I COULD REMEMBER A NIGHT I WENT TO BUY INDOMIE AND I NEEDED ONION BADLY WAS WITH NO CASH NA SO DIS ABOKI GUY JUST CALLED ME AND GAVE ME FREE ONIONS WEY PLENTY OMO I WAS SHOCKED O.

I PREFER DEM ANYDAY,ANYTIME

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who's Dat Nairaland DAMSEL U Hear Her Name N U Tink Wil B A Pretty, Hot Chick? / Photo:take A Keen Look At Me, Why Are Girls Disturbing My Life? / My Boyfriend Is Angry At Me!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.