Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests (63993 Views)

Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / Naira Redesign: Grains Prices Crash Days After Record Surge / Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by FireUpNow(m): 7:25am On Feb 08, 2023
coldFLARES1:
fair enough!

But I'd rather blame the CBN for hiding vital stats.

And the biggest blame to the president who didn't ask critical questions before approving this.

To tell you the truth, the effects started hitting me badly yesterday.
Supported! I have always told people that the bulk of the blame goes to the president of this country because there is no way a reserve bank governor will redesign a country's legal tender without the approval of the president. I think the decision was a hasty one, there wasn't a wider consultation and I sense some kind of victimization which now snowballed into a bigger side effect. This policy is affecting everybody. I think this is not how things should be done. PMB did same in 1984 and here we are again with same mistake
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by lexy2014: 7:31am On Feb 08, 2023
bonechamberlain:
Arrest and jail those criminals angry Most banks have the money but sell to their cronies, the rich, influential and highest bidders. Then the remnant is distributed to the masses.

These bank are engaged in economic sabotage, it should be classified as terrorism.

I won't be surprised if BAt APC faction are also doing all they can to ensure that mobile banking also fails. To put more pressure on Buhari to reverse the policy.

The kind of money these guys have stolen can disrupt and destabilise the economies of the whole of Africa. They can use their stolen wealth to always have their way. This is why Nigeria must go cashless, it would reduce crime to an extent. Buhari must remain steadfast with the policy. angry

CBN needs to start showing those arrested on national TV and ensure they sit on the ground like criminals while being interviewed. angry

Do you have any evidence to support your claim that "Most banks have the money but sell to their cronies, the rich, influential and highest bidders"?

Has mobile banking not been in operation since? How is BAT faction of APC now try6to make it fail?

If you know that "The kind of money these guys have stolen can disrupt and destabilise the economies of the whole of Africa", why has the govt of buhari not arrested and prosecuted them? Why does it now have to cause scarcity and put people in suffering because you think some people stole money?

Who created the cash scarcity? Are you aware of any bank still paying cash over the counter? Does any bank still have 100naira or 50naira notes to pay over the counter? Have you asked yourself why they don't have?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:32am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

1. Who came up with the policy in the first place?

2. who is in charge of implementing it?

A man works for you and comes up with a proposal and sells the idea to you and you buy into it and approves it and release funds for execution.

What's wrong with the policy if I may ask?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Apus: 7:33am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Noted. why should they not extend the deadline?

As evidenced by the videos making the rounds, you can see that most people are hoarding the new notes. Not just bank managers. I saw a woman with nothing less than 50,000 naira wads of the new notes bragging she won't touch it until the deadline elapses.
Once the old notes cease to become a means of legal tender, these set of people will have no choice than to spend the new notes thereby increasing it's circulation.
Extending the deadline is like extending pple's suffering.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by lexy2014: 7:34am On Feb 08, 2023
BeardedmeatR:

A man works for you and comes up with a proposal and sells the idea to you and you buy into it and approves it and release funds for execution.

What's wrong with the policy if I may ask?

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by kel4soft: 7:35am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

How do you know that POS are owned by bankers? Is it because of POS cash is being hoarded? How many POS have money to pay and how many are paying new notes since this naira scarcity started?

Who wants to go "full cashless"? Is that the reason cbn gave for this exercise?

I know a banker girl who work for First bank here in Port Harcourt. 5 locations of POS is an understatement if I want to count the one she owns and she isn't the only one in this category. Trying to pretend you don't know about this is even a disservice to you.

CBN made it clear they intend pegging daily cash limit from 100k we used to withdraw per day on ATM to 20k? What other information do you need to know they are going cashless? Even on counter was pegged.
T
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:38am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Emefiele!

What's wrong with the policy?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by lexy2014: 7:39am On Feb 08, 2023
Apus:

As evidenced by the videos making the rounds, you can see that most people are hoarding the new notes. Not just bank managers. I saw a woman with nothing less than 50,000 naira wads of the new notes bragging she won't touch it until the deadline elapses.
Once the old notes cease to become a means of legal tender, these set of people will have no choice than to spend the new notes thereby increasing it's circulation.
Extending the deadline is like extending pple's suffering.

Which videos are making the rounds? Who are the most people that are hoarding the new notes? If the woman you talking about spends her 50k now, where will she get another?

Why is there scarcity of new notes? Why is there scarcity of 100naira and lesser denominations? Is it also because of hoarding?

How many banks have 100nsira and lower bills to pay over the counter in order to ameliorate the suffering? Are they also hoarding 100naira and 50naira?

How is extending the deadline extending people's suffering? How much new notes did the CBN print to replace the old notes it has collected?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by ALABACONNECT(m): 7:39am On Feb 08, 2023
Wahala

Well, for your UK used and new smart tv sets and soundbars, check my signature
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by lexy2014: 7:40am On Feb 08, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Emefiele!

What's wrong with the policy?

If you say emefiele is the one who came up with the policy and is wholly responsible for the implementation of the policy, then who caused the naira scarcity which has caused the present hardship in the country?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:42am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

If you say emefiele is the one who came up with the policy and is wholly responsible for the implementation of the policy, then who caused the naira scarcity which has caused the present hardship in the country?
Fifth columnists. The banks!

When Falz said everyone is a thief, you didn't believe him?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Blaze14k: 7:45am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Kindly answer the following questions.

1. Does buhari need to give an order to arrest emefiele before they arrest him? If he didn't commit any crime, why did he run away?

2. So Emefiele was threatened by the DSS which is under the control of buhari and he phoned the president about the arrest. Does that make sense? Where you there when he phoned the president?

3. who will put in the same effort to check the FG?

4. a month to the cash policy dealine, emefiele bolted out of nigeria and stayed in London for about a month. why would a CBN governor go and hide in London after setting a deadline for something when he was supposed to be in the country to oversee the implementation of such a critical policy?

5. In his absence, his deputies met with legislators at the National Assembly. when asked how much new notes were printed to replace the old notes, the deputy governor said she didnt know. if the CBN was this unserious about its own policy, where was the success for the policy going to come from?

It clearly shows that uve not been following whats goin on and the summary to ur question is.. if buhari see emefiele as a criminal he wont openly endorse what emefiele is doing its common sense.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Yemaya: 7:46am On Feb 08, 2023
258mm inside one vault (new notes)
Lies from the pit of hell
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by lexy2014: 7:48am On Feb 08, 2023
kel4soft:

I know a banker girl who work for First bank here in Port Harcourt. 5 locations of POS is an understatement if I want to count the one she owns and she isn't the only one in this category. Trying to pretend you don't know about this is even a disservice to you.

CBN made it clear they intend pegging daily cash limit from 100k we used to withdraw per day on ATM to 20k? What other information do you need to know they are going cashless? Even on counter was pegged.
T

You know one girl....so that one girl that you know is now the banker thatbowns all the POS in Nigeria?

If you say "5 locations of POS is an understatement", why don't you just go ahead and tell me the exact number instead of telling "5 locations of POS is an understatement"?

"if I want to count the one she owns...*, Who stopped you from counting her own? You haven't coubter her own yet you came up with 5 locations of POS.

Who are the other people in her category? I thought you said you know just one

Meanwhile

1. How do you know that POS are owned by bankers?

2. Is it because of POS cash is being hoarded?

3. How many POS have money to pay and how many are paying new notes since this naira scarcity started?

5. How is "pegging daily cash limit from 100k we used to withdraw per day on ATM to 20k the same thing as "full cashless"?

6. If reducing daily withdrawal limit is the aim, where is the money to even withdraw?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by lexy2014: 7:49am On Feb 08, 2023
Blaze14k:

It clearly shows that uve not been following whats goin on and the summary to ur question is.. if buhari see emefiele as a criminal he wont openly endorse what emefiele is doing its common sense.

Since you have been following what's going on, Kindly answer the following questions.

1. Does buhari need to give an order to arrest emefiele before they arrest him? If he didn't commit any crime, why did he run away?

2. So Emefiele was threatened by the DSS which is under the control of buhari and he phoned the president about the arrest. Does that make sense? Where you there when he phoned the president?

4. a month to the cash policy dealine, emefiele bolted out of nigeria and stayed in London for about a month. why would a CBN governor go and hide in London after setting a deadline for something when he was supposed to be in the country to oversee the implementation of such a critical policy?

5. In his absence, his deputies met with legislators at the National Assembly. when asked how much new notes were printed to replace the old notes, the deputy governor said she didnt know. if the CBN was this unserious about its own policy, where was the success for the policy going to come from?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by lexy2014: 7:50am On Feb 08, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Fifth columnists. The banks!

When Falz said everyone is a thief, you didn't believe him?

Who are the fifth columnists? How did the banks cause naira scarcity?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by flexyrule(m): 7:51am On Feb 08, 2023
lordm:
Which bank?
Lazy a$$Ed MF
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by habsydiamond(m): 7:53am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Then you should not have any problems answering my questions.

This is just one bank and it is a regional bank. In times scarcity, rationing is now the order of the day. Who created the cash scarcity?

Is this the only bank icpc visited? What of the others banks it visited? Why is there no report on the banks it visited? Do other banks have cash?
sterling isn't the only bank bursted by the icpc for not dispensing the currency oo.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Agadinaagwuofe: 7:53am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Does buhari need to give an order to arrest emefiele before they arrest him? If he didn't commit any crime, why did he run away?

You haven't answered my questions.

So Emefiele was threatened by the DSS which is under the control of buhari and he phoned the president about the arrest. Does that make sense? Where you there when he phoned the president?

who will put in the same effort to check the FG?

a month to the cash policy dealine, emefiele bolted out of nigeria and stayed in London for about a month. why would a CBN governor go and hide in London after setting a deadline for something when he was supposed to be in the country to oversee the implementation of such a critical policy?

in his absence, his deputies met with legislators at the National Assembly. when asked how much new notes were printed to replace the old notes, the deputy governor said she didnt know. if the CBN was this unserious about its own policy, where was the success for the policy going to come from?

At the bolded It is not difficult to understand. The reason Emefiele is walking free from DSS is simple fact that Buhari reprimand and rescind the order to arrest him. If you know the workings of DSS, they only take orders directly from the president, there is a publicized court proceedings asking for his arrest and there is also a video showing DSS mounting on intelligence and waiting for his return in his office, the simple question is what then happened that he hasn't been arrested? and the simple answer is because Buhari intervened because no one else could have given a counter superior order so no need asking if he was there when the phone call was made. I agree with you that Emefiele messed up with that Japa move and taking time to go on holiday in the spate of naira redesign issue but make no mistake about it, all the faux pas has Buhari underhand tactics and tacit support
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by lexy2014: 7:56am On Feb 08, 2023
habsydiamond:
sterling isn't the only bank bursted by the icpc for not dispensing the currency oo.

That's not what I asked.
Is sterling the only bank icpc visited? What of the others banks it visited? Why is there no report on the banks it visited? Do other banks have cash?

Who created the cash scarcity?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by kel4soft: 7:57am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

You know one girl....so that one girl that you know is now the banker thatbowns all the POS in Nigeria?

If you say "5 locations of POS is an understatement", why don't you just go ahead and tell me the exact number instead of telling "5 locations of POS is an understatement"?

"if I want to count the one she owns...*, Who stopped you from counting her own? You haven't coubter her own yet you came up with 5 locations of POS.

Meanwhile

3. How many POS have money to pay and how many are paying new notes since this naira scarcity started?

5. How is "pegging daily cash limit from 100k we used to withdraw per day on ATM to 20k the same thing as "full cashless"?

6. If reducing daily withdrawal limit is the aim, where is the money to even withdraw?

I can't help you. If you work in the banking sector. You guys should release the money CBN gave to you and stop hoarding them for your personal business.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by lexy2014: 8:01am On Feb 08, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

At the bolded It is not difficult to understand. The reason Emefiele is walking free from DSS is simple fact that Buhari reprimand and rescind the order to arrest him. If you know the workings of DSS, they only take orders directly from the president, there is a publicized court proceedings asking for his arrest and there is also a video showing DSS mounting on intelligence and waiting for his return in his office, the simple question is what then happened that he hasn't been arrested? and the simple answer is because Buhari intervened because no one else could have given a counter superior order so no need asking if he was there when the phone call was made. I agree with you that Emefiele messed up with that Japa move and taking time to go on holiday in the spate of naira redesign issue but make no mistake about it, all the faux pas has Buhari underhand tactics and tacit support

Look at the way you are contradicting yourself. You say "If you know the workings of DSS, they ONLY take orders directly from the president".

If that is the case, on whose order did they want to arrest emefiele that you say buhari rescinded?

Why shouldn't I ask "if he was there when the phone call was made"?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by lexy2014: 8:02am On Feb 08, 2023
kel4soft:

I can't help you. If you work in the banking sector. You guys should release the money CBN gave to you and stop hoarding them for your personal business.

Help yourself first by answering these questions. Can't you defend your claims or they are just figmentscofcyour imagination?

Meanwhile

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by dfrost: 8:06am On Feb 08, 2023
rexlims:
read thru d text, e no too long

Typical Nigerian. Wetin you expect? Read dey hard dem.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Lashist(m): 8:06am On Feb 08, 2023
habsydiamond:
The politicians are not our problem in this situation.. it we the masses that are giving ourselves problems.. if the bankers can not follow a simply directive to give the money through atm to the masses... it shows that we all selfish if we are given the opportunity to be in the position of authority. The last time I check politicians no dey get vault for bank now.
You guys should stop vindicating these politicians na...they are thieves. Most of them have connects in these banks that keep this money for them. In as much as we Nigerians have been corrupted by the system, the politicians are our big issues and one of the major issues we as citizens have is that we keep electing this thieves to lead us
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Blaze14k: 8:13am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Since you have been following what's going on, Kindly answer the following questions.

😂😂😂😂😂😂 Bro im not an apc member abeg
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Apus: 8:15am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Which videos are making the rounds? Who are the most people that are hoarding the new notes? If the woman you talking about spends her 50k now, where will she get another?

Why is there scarcity of new notes? Why is there scarcity of 100naira and lesser denominations? Is it also because of hoarding?

How many banks have 100nsira and lower bills to pay over the counter in order to ameliorate the suffering? Are they also hoarding 100naira and 50naira?

How is extending the deadline extending people's suffering? How much new notes did the CBN print to replace the old notes it has collected?

The same mentality she had hoarding the money in the first place is why she won't get money to spend if there are many others like her who share same thinking. The more reason why the deadline should stand.
While the CBN is not without its own fault, You can't deny the fact that there are saboteurs working hard to discredit the policy.
I don't really have problem with money scarcity as I make payments via transfer(something the CBN is encouraging as an alternative).
Thank goodness there is a restraining order on the FG and CBN from extending the deadline. When we get there you will understand better.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by lexy2014: 8:17am On Feb 08, 2023
Apus:

The same mentality she had hoarding the money in the first place is why she won't get money to spend if there are many others like her who share same thinking. The more reason why the deadline should stand.
While the CBN is not without its own fault, You can't deny the fact that there are saboteurs working hard to discredit the policy.
I don't really have problem with money scarcity as I make payments via transfer(something the CBN is encouraging as an alternative).
Thank goodness there is a restraining order on the FG and CBN from extending the deadline. When we get there you will understand better.

1. Which videos are making the rounds? Who are the most people that are hoarding the new notes?

2. If the woman you talking about spends her 50k now, where will she get another?

3. Why is there scarcity of new notes?

4. Why is there scarcity of 100naira and lesser denominations?

5. Is it also because of hoarding?

6. How many banks have 100nsira and lower bills to pay over the counter in order to ameliorate the suffering?

6. Are they also hoarding 100naira and 50naira?

7. How is extending the deadline extending people's suffering?

8. How much new notes did the CBN print to replace the old notes it has collected?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by olajumobi34k: 8:18am On Feb 08, 2023
Really sad. Really sad. ...
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by professorPABX: 8:25am On Feb 08, 2023
kel4soft:

T

ICPC, this is very shameful of you. ICPC is now playing an ETHNIC CARD because yorubas are liberal. Despite the liberality of the Yorubas, other tribes that are fanatically self centred are taking Yorubas for granted.

1. On the 4th of February, ICPC said an Osun FCMB manager loaded ATM with cash bound with wrappers.

https://www.nairaland.com/7553745/icpc-arrests-osun-fcmb-manager/5#120632347

I complained that is it because FCMB belongs to Yorubas? Well known Banks with hundreds of branches are not paying. They are frustrating millions of their customers, you are talking about FCMB. Is Zenith Bank Branches at Osun State paying?

Now, ICPC picked another Bank (Sterling) belonging to Yorubas as major shareholders as culprit. Is Sterling Bank the reason Access Banks lock customers outside gate? Is Sterling Bank the reason Zenith Bank pays 2K to 5K in some branches?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:32am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Who are the fifth columnists? How did the banks cause naira scarcity?
What kind of question is this? Please drop the subject.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by professorPABX: 8:38am On Feb 08, 2023
ICPC, I am not sure Sterling Bank and FCMB control up to 10% of Nigerian Banking Population.

Zenith Bank has more branches than Sterling Bank and FCMB combined together. We have other Banks with hundreds of Branches each and large customers base and yet not meeting customers demand.

Emefiele left Zenith Bank as MD. Emefiele is Jim Ovia most trusted aid.

Zenith Bank refused to pay new notes. Is it FCMB or Sterlin Bank that is collecting Money allocated by Emefiele to his Zenith Bank?

Zenith Bank has more Branches than FCMB and Sterling Bank and is allocated more money than these Banks yet pay little or nothing in most of their branches nationwide. Where is the huge money allocated to Zenith Bank? Where is Okowa?

The next information ICPC will bring out now is GT Bank or ECO Bank.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu / 25 Most Expensive World Currencies In 2019 / First Bank Reacts To Failed Robbery Incident At Abuja Branch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.