Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests (63990 Views)

Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / Naira Redesign: Grains Prices Crash Days After Record Surge / Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by lexy2014: 8:46am On Feb 08, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
What kind of question is this? Please drop the subject.

Why should I drop the subject? Can't you defend your claims that Fifth columnists.and The banks are responsible for naira scarcity?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:51am On Feb 08, 2023
You who owns sterling bank?
NA THIS REMINANT ONE WE SEE.WHAT OF THE BILLIONS THEY SOLD TO THEIR MASTER?
PEOPLE WHO WAN BUY VOTES AT ALL COST DONE BUY THE NEW NOTES FROM CRIMINAL BANKERS,WE HAVE BEEN SAYIN THIS SINCE JANUARY AND NAIJA MUMU PPL STILL DEY BLAME EMEFIELE.
NAIJA PPL NO DEY INVESTIGATE THINGS NA TO SHOUT LIKE MAD DOGS THEM SABI.MUMU MASSES. angry
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by NoToPile: 8:52am On Feb 08, 2023
HardMirror:
yes. Banks are not supposed to hoard money. Their job is to hold the money for you and when you want to withdraw, they make it available. But in this case they have custommers that want to withdraw and they are refusing to give the money. By the way 250million is too small for sterling bank head office. Cbn should do better.

Well I thought there's a minimum amount that should be in the vault , even in these times there should be a minimum amount of notes at any time T . Just my thought though.

I also agree 250 million in the vault of a HQ sounds small.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by NoToPile: 8:53am On Feb 08, 2023
baralatie:

Good question?
Which comes back to hunt the cbn undersupplied the new notes

Make we dey watch this drama

I guess undersuplly is the main issue here.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Agadinaagwuofe: 8:53am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Look at the way you are contradicting yourself. You say "If you know the workings of DSS, they ONLY take orders directly from the president".

If that is the case, on whose order did they want to arrest emefiele that you say buhari rescinded?

Why shouldn't I ask "if he was there when the phone call was made"?

No I didn't contradict myself, they have mandate to pursue any case that seem like a national threat and individuals that poses threat to national security without any guidance or instruction from president but they REPORT DIRECTLY TO PRESIDENT. This simply means they can arrest anyone without needing approval from president but because the president is their direct boss, they directly take order to let go or keep pushing from him ALONE CONSTITUTIONALLY. Emefiele was arrested without Buhari consent (How did I know?) in the document filed in court the Judge made it clear that he is rescinding to grant DSS the order because Buhari isn't aware and that will create conflicts since the two departments is under Buhari. I reiterate Emefiele can't be walking free if not Buhari intervention, I don't need to be there when the call was made to know that. The approval to discontinue any arrest from DSS CAN ONLY COME FROM PRESIDENCY, if you continue to argue against this FACT that every layman knows, seriously bro there is nothing else I can say to convince otherwise.

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Agadinaagwuofe: 8:55am On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Look at the way you are contradicting yourself. You say "If you know the workings of DSS, they ONLY take orders directly from the president".

If that is the case, on whose order did they want to arrest emefiele that you say buhari rescinded?

No I didn't contradict myself, they have mandate to pursue any case that seem like a national threat and individuals that poses threat to national security without any guidance or instruction from president but they REPORT DIRECTLY TO PRESIDENT. This simply means they can arrest anyone without needing approval from president but because the president is their direct boss, they directly take order to let go or keep pushing from him ALONE CONSTITUTIONALLY. Emefiele was arrested without Buhari consent (How did I know?) in the document filed in court the Judge made it clear that he is rescinding to grant DSS the order because Buhari isn't aware and that will create conflicts since the two departments is under Buhari. I reiterate Emefiele can't be walking free if not Buhari intervention, I don't need to be there when the call was made to know that. The approval to discontinue any arrest from DSS CAN ONLY COME FROM PRESIDENCY, if you continue to argue against this FACT that every layman knows, seriously bro there is nothing else I can say to convince otherwise.

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by habsydiamond(m): 8:57am On Feb 08, 2023
Lashist:

You guys should stop vindicating these politicians na...they are thieves. Most of them have connects in these banks that keep this money for them. In as much as we Nigerians have been corrupted by the system, the politicians are our big issues and one of the major issues we as citizens have is that we keep electing this thieves to lead us
that they are thieves is as clear as the clouds. But this corruption of a thing is everywhere o. Its just that the people at the helm of affairs are the ones we sight most about corruption. Let's look at every organisation but public and private be it school, religion centers you will see that corruption is the order of the day.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Emola12(m): 9:03am On Feb 08, 2023
lordm:
Which bank?
APC bank
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Executive729: 9:17am On Feb 08, 2023
Officialgarri:
CBN is actually the primary problem while the commercial banks are problems we deal with because we interact with them the most.

There have been seamless transition of notes from old to new more than 4 times in this country and even up till the Goodluck Jonathan's major note transition..and there have never been such chaos such as this

Worse of it all is that they did not only fail at cash transition, they decided to invoke panic when it's less than a month to an important election.

The pope has a finger in the pie and we can see Emiefele's full regalia

Bleep-off uchins bastard
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by xaggar(m): 9:21am On Feb 08, 2023
psychologist:
What did you people said happened to zenith bank again cry

No be only "said" na saidi!
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by lexy2014: 9:35am On Feb 08, 2023
[quote author=Agadinaagwuofe post=120726955][/quote]

You didn't answer my questions.

You say "If you know the workings of DSS, they ONLY take orders directly from the president".

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by 7arrows: 9:39am On Feb 08, 2023
inoki247:

LoL but this not the first time we are doing Cash swap and people do bring it to our doorstep then to change for us....

This is what I suspect. See pics below

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by MeineMutter: 9:48am On Feb 08, 2023
lordm:
Which bank?

Check the headline please.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by ICEWIN: 9:56am On Feb 08, 2023
Officialgarri:
CBN is actually the primary problem while the commercial banks are problems we deal with because we interact with them the most.

There have been seamless transition of notes from old to new more than 4 times in this country and even up till the Goodluck Jonathan's major note transition..and there have never been such chaos such as this

Worse of it all is that they did not only fail at cash transition, they decided to invoke panic when it's less than a month to an important election.

The pope has a finger in the pie and we can see Emiefele's full regalia
The deadline is the problem.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by syntekelite(m): 10:37am On Feb 08, 2023
IMASTEX:

How did you even know the post was about a bank? I guess from the topic: "ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests". Then how did you jump the bolded undecided undecided undecided undecided

He thought it was sterling the english footballer..
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2023
Sterling bank, is a full fledged, Yoruba muslim bank. I won't be surprised if this 258million was kept for tinubu.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by enonche85(m): 11:10am On Feb 08, 2023
lordm:
Which bank?

So you just open thread without reading heading? angry angry
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Lashist(m): 11:12am On Feb 08, 2023
habsydiamond:
that they are thieves is as clear as the clouds. But this corruption of a thing is everywhere o. Its just that the people at the helm of affairs are the ones we sight most about corruption. Let's look at every organisation but public and private be it school, religion centers you will see that corruption is the order of the day.
I agree with you. What I don't agree is you vindicating the politicians by saying "the politicians aren't the ones that is the root cause of this situation". In this case, who implemented all this new notes. Its APC and their politicians. They knew all these would happen already and ofcourse some of these politicians work with top bankers for their personal interests. First thing first, our bad politicians are our problems in almost every situations
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by SenatorInNigeria(m): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
grin cheesy cheesy Savage answer for a silly Q
YeyeGbami:

Power Bank

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by BAZ001: 1:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
obie3rixe:

Oga, how much you yourself you de withdraw in a year.. no lie..
De speak for yourself abeg!

We are different from the market women and agberos on the road that deal with cash.

I don’t need cash for anything for now, pending when this mess is cleared.

But how do u expect people that take bus danfo to work or keke or wants to buy 100 naira pepper at the local market ?

Grassroots don’t reason like us
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by BAZ001: 1:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ruke1989:

You guys dont understand. CBN original goal is to reduce excess cash and encourage e-banking and transfers for major transactions like payment for goods and services above 20k. If such works, corruption reduces and politicians won't be able to pile up trillions of naira in soak away pits. You guys expect such things to work with CBN printing out so much cash like before don't understand at all. CBN needs to only print fewer cash and lesser of higher denominations to discourage cash transactions. Most tinubu supporters are corrupt and hope for their share of his loot, hence the attack on emefiele. Except Yoruba educational standards had fallen so bad, I don't know why someone will not understand cashless policy

We understand the cbn/presidency intention.
But the truth of the matter is that it has been hijacked by the politicians or someone somewhere.

If the whole money that was printed was scattered across Nigeria we won’t have all this problems.
The bulk of the new money might be stashed already in soak away or for vote buying
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by 900warriorz: 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
lexy2014:

how should that now result in people suffering and being unable to have access to their cash for daily sustenance?
Bro, it's all economics....learn how an economy works then maybe you'd understand what I wrote there.
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by lexy2014: 2:18am On Feb 11, 2023
900warriorz:
Bro, it's all economics....learn how an economy works then maybe you'd understand what I wrote there.

since you have learnt economics, kindly answer the simple question...how should that now result in people suffering and being unable to have access to their cash for daily sustenance?
Re: Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests by Gajagojo: 9:09am On Jun 10, 2023
Well,......

This is now Part 2 of the film

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu / 25 Most Expensive World Currencies In 2019 / First Bank Reacts To Failed Robbery Incident At Abuja Branch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.