Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,268 members, 7,826,026 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Is Nigeria A Country Or Cage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Country Or Cage (317 Views)

Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? / "This Is Nigeria": Femi Falana Blasts MURIC For Threatening To Sue Falz / Falz "This Is Nigeria": Muslim Against Terror Tackles MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria A Country Or Cage by Datedoboy: 10:00pm On Feb 07, 2023
The road to hell as described in the Bible is very broad and and easy when compared with the road leading to life which is cramped.

Nigeria defies this statement as Nigerians have been on that uneasy road which should lead to life, yet straight to hell.

What have Nigerians not suffered? Is it one form of strike or another in every administration? Is it fuel scarcity, subsidy removal and other harsh terms associated with crude oil? No single policy of crude makes Nigerians smile for once in their short lifetime

When crude oil prices went to zero in the international market, Nigerians faced increase in fuel price. They said Nigeria wasn't making money from crude that's why Nigerians will pay more.

Those that agreed with this theory, tell me what's happening during Russia and Ukraine war? what made fuel prices soar up? instead of a reduction in price, we have another increase and even scarcity. My opinion is that more increase and scarcity will come after the elections.

To make money, difficult. To spend money, difficult. To withdraw your own money, difficult.You even buy your own money you saved before buying goods with the money.(double buying) which leads to massive levels of poverty in the long run.

It's like some people are not satisfied that over 80% of the populace are poor. They want the country to have a score of 99%

You complain about the recent Naira redesign policy, some people will fight you and tell you to use alternative means because they can but have you thought about absurd illiteracy levels? Many rural areas don't have ATMS and many Nigerians don't even know how to operate a phone. Our grandmothers or grandfathers in the village can all of them download bank apps? How much more operate them?

I expected trainings before implementation if you want to go completely cashless but NO! Not in Nigeria!

They said the border closure will make price of rice increase at first then later it will drop. I'm still waiting for that drop.

Same people are saying Naira redesign will bring hardship at first but after election, everything will be normal. SMH

I don't believe we are in a country. This looks like a cage - a poultry cage where birds are kept because a sane mind can hear the noises of Nigerians at every corner of the cage.

The moment they see that Nigerians are enjoying little comfort, some people somewhere who are comfortable, shake the cage hereby bringing discomfort and the birds go haywire as usual.

Maybe we all should take a walk through the cemetery to remind us that life is short. The few years we have alive why do we use it to frustrate others? Why can't we make people happy for once ?

Many ran away from Nigeria last year. Instead of the Government to look for ways to ease sufferings of Nigerians so we retain our best talents, they are frustrating the ones left behind.

If i am God, I will remove every citizen of Nigeria from the country so the leaders can wake up and see only themselves enjoying all the resources as this is only what can make them happy.
I am not insulting anyone. Just an observation from a concerned Nigerian
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Or Cage by TheboyGhost(m): 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2023
A very useless and rusty cage.

Nigeria no go ever better...

Ever ever ever ever

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria A Country Or Cage by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:49pm On Feb 07, 2023
Its a cage. Honestly, slavery and colonialism should have never ended. Nigeria is a prime example to show why blacks are incapable of governance. It is a hill I will forever die on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria A Country Or Cage by A001: 7:33am On Feb 08, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Its a cage. Honestly, slavery and colonialism should have never ended. Nigeria is a prime example to show why blacks are incapable of governance. It is a hill I will forever die on.
You prefer the horrors of slavery and colonialism to the present day Nigeria? I don't think you've an idea of what slavery and colonialism are.

FYI, the original inhabitants of America, Australia, and New Zealand were blacks. They were either massacred or forced to relocate from those lands by the whites you think are angels.

There's a reason why in developed countries, slavery has become a serious crime.

What you're wishing for only takes Nigerians from frying pan to fire.

The average black man is less intelligent than the other races. That's glaring.

But slavery and colonialism are among the major reasons why Africa and Nigeria are in the current state.

The Nigerian politicians got their template for looting from the colonial masters who pillaged the resources of many parts of the country to develop their own country.

And here you're calling for the colonial masters to come and continue the pillage, yet slavery and colonialism are the root causes of the problem.

Re: Is Nigeria A Country Or Cage by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:04am On Feb 08, 2023
A001:

You prefer the horrors of slavery and colonialism to the present day Nigeria? I don't think you've an idea of what slavery and colonialism are.

FYI, the original inhabitants of America, Australia, and New Zealand were blacks. They were either massacred or forced to relocate from those lands by the whites you think are angels.

There's a reason why in developed countries, slavery has become a serious crime.

What you're wishing for only takes Nigerians from frying pan to fire.

The average black man is less intelligent than the other races. That's glaring.

But slavery and colonialism are among the major reasons why Africa and Nigeria are in the current state.

The Nigerian politicians got their template for looting from the colonial masters who pillaged the resources of many parts of the country to develop their own country.

And here you're calling for the colonial masters to come and continue the pillage, yet slavery and colonialism are the root causes of the problem.

Other races were colonised and enslaved and they are better off than Nigerians today

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria A Country Or Cage by A001: 8:07am On Feb 08, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Other races were colonised and enslaved and they are better off than Nigerians today
Yes, it's because they're more intelligent. It all starts from the mind.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria A Country Or Cage by Datedoboy: 8:46am On Feb 08, 2023
TheboyGhost:
A very useless and rusty cage.

Nigeria no go ever better...

Ever ever ever ever
Hmmmm.
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Or Cage by Datedoboy: 8:47am On Feb 08, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Honestly it's frustrating

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapping Has Decline Since The New Naira Policy / Peter Obi Meets Teenager In Viral Lagos Rally Photo / How Much Is Your Bank Paying You Across Counter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.