Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,848 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges (33573 Views)

How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? / FCTA Bans POS Operators From Residential Areas / CBN To Clamp Down On Illegal PoS Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by handsomeyinka(m): 11:31am On Feb 08, 2023
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by muykem: 11:32am On Feb 08, 2023
CBN that caused the shortage in the first instance should be dismantled.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by MrUchenna1(m): 11:32am On Feb 08, 2023
Without implementation, all of our Bible studies are worthless.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by tolue42(m): 11:32am On Feb 08, 2023
POS agents do bribe bank officials to get money .so do you expect them to part away with it without profit
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Earlystar698(m): 11:32am On Feb 08, 2023
Pos won't charge online, they charge offline
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by paradigmshift(m): 11:33am On Feb 08, 2023
Nice one
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Martinola(m): 11:34am On Feb 08, 2023
Considering the serious wahala the POS agents go through to get cash, I don't really blame them. There is shortage of cash in circulation, one way or the other, it's 70% fault of the CBN

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by 12345baba(m): 11:34am On Feb 08, 2023
Bunch of bleeps, saying what they can't do.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by samsam2019: 11:34am On Feb 08, 2023
PlayMaker14:
I support the CBN on this one.... They should not just withdraw their license, but also throw some of them into prison and use them as a scapegoat.

Country Bad, Country Bad, but you still dey press your fellow citizen for neck, looking for ways to extort each other.

If you check those POS agents giving this ridiculous charges, they always look unkempt, lack courtsey and look stupid.
you still never talk wetin de pain you grin
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by gabicon: 11:34am On Feb 08, 2023
PlayMaker14:
I support the CBN on this one.... They should not just withdraw their license, but also throw some of them into prison and use them as a scapegoat.

Country Bad, Country Bad, but you still dey press your fellow citizen for neck, looking for ways to extort each other.

If you check those POS agents giving this ridiculous charges, they always look unkempt, lack courtsey and look stupid.

You need to look at it from the perspective of time based value. The POS operator spends 12 hours to get cash, it isn't economical to collect 100 naira for 10,000 naira. The POS agents are not the problem, CBN and the commercial banks are the problem. Increase supply and the whole problem disappears.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Goodlady(f): 11:35am On Feb 08, 2023
Godwin Emefiele that do head kike large pot of jollof rice is very silly. He and Buhari should be apologizing for making Nigerians go through hard times.
When CBN withdraw PoS operating license, are they the ones that registered them with their money?
Did they help them queue in hot sun for long hours at ATM using different cards to withdraw both borrowed and their own?
The govt ll just make policies that are so anti people. Shey na PoS operators cause money laundering? Abi na dem say make govt do stupid policy?
Soon, Emefiele ll want to be gov like Soludo. We v seen how evil he can be.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Truthfulguy10: 11:35am On Feb 08, 2023
Good move
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by mortalincarnate(f): 11:35am On Feb 08, 2023
Hmmm, did the CBN bother to hear from the POS agents too? First I have not heard about any issued license so there’s no need threatening to withdraw any.

Secondly these POS do not even have access to cash from the banks, they buy from market women after the days business at a high rate too so you see

1 Like

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by thesolutions(m): 11:35am On Feb 08, 2023
CBN gave banks money and not POS operators. They should give the Microfinance banks money also to distribute to their agents so they can boldly come out and regulate them and not POS operators who sourced fund with more fund.
This lack of direction is really irritating. No planning for situational action. really bad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by BigYash: 11:36am On Feb 08, 2023
Which kind weed CBN people dey smoke sef? Common market prices,government no fit regulate. Na pos own una wan regulate.. Instead of you people to release money into circulation ,una dey talk rubbish.. Modafuckers.. U guys should take back the licenses of banks too o,cux them worst pass pos operators

4 Likes

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by slivertongue: 11:36am On Feb 08, 2023
Supported
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by SenecaTheYonger: 11:36am On Feb 08, 2023
This Nigga going to kill us all.

First make sure the banks are giving money in ATM. Don’t be afraid to hold banks accountable.

I feel like the bank has some bad leverage against this man cause he never has the balls to face them.

Maybe they have proof that he financed terrorism.

He cannot directly hold banks accountable, even when money goes missing in individual account

1 Like

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by alizma: 11:36am On Feb 08, 2023
That's to tell you the country you are in. Everyday Nigerians keep complaining of bad government, if the government is real6the problem, why is it difficult for the masses to show love to themselves in this critical moment? My pos neighbor is expecting me to pay 1k just because I want to get cash of 5k and tomorrow he will be expecting me to give her a lift to the junction for free on to neighbors level, it won't work.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Yellowmelon: 11:36am On Feb 08, 2023
With Ogbono soup abi? tongue cheesy wink

benuejosh:
That’s the best thing ever. We Nigerians ate our own problems.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by CorperKola: 11:37am On Feb 08, 2023
PlayMaker14:

They bought the money too, they are not ghosts, thats why they are selling at high rates,everyone knows there is scarcity of new naira notes. if quantity goes down, price goes up ,using the analogy of petrol scarcity and price so that your small brain can understand
You should be cursing and calling for emefiele's arrest not innocent pos operators.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Weregonnalose: 11:37am On Feb 08, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Nigerians like taking advantage of the predicament of the average Nigerian

Naira notes are scarce and very valuable. They are employing economics 101. Instead of CBN to take responsibility for the mess they have caused in your country, they are looking for scape goats.

POS merchants don't have naira in excess proportion. So naira is like gold now. They are not doing anything wrong

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by VawulenceProMax: 11:37am On Feb 08, 2023
Please do. It's getting out of hand
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by FireUpNow(m): 11:37am On Feb 08, 2023
Abeg CBN make money available for banks and POS operators so that these extra
and outrageous charges will stop. It's not about withdrawing their operating licenses. Abeg CBN learn to tackle problems in a better way. POS guys are buying money from fuel filling stations.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Derrylatei: 11:38am On Feb 08, 2023
Werey decision. It's obvious these people a far from the citizens. Even Adamu for gate knowns that POS operators buy cash, 100k is 110k. Won't they sale at profit.

Even my wife bought new naira note 100k for 110k from a banks agent for her POS biz.

Every 9ja person naira bureau de change now. No more free money again.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by vivalavida(m): 11:39am On Feb 08, 2023
Siting in your office, how would you know which POS agent has charged their clients exorbitantly? How can you release such an info without a hotline or mail for clients to lay complaint about errant POS agents.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by funshint(m): 11:39am On Feb 08, 2023
This CBN under Emefiele is very daft; how many POS operators do you want to go after? Is cutting the head the solution to headache? If the money is available at banks and atm, will POS operators have the chance to be billing people with high charges?! Do you even need a licence to be a POS operators? Emefiele don't worry; your jail will be long!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Angelfrost(m): 11:41am On Feb 08, 2023
dedonfranco:
I have never seen CBN so useless like this before in my life.

Have you ever seen Nigeria this poorly governed in history??! How many sectors of this nation have flourished since 2015?!!

Let's start from there!

Once the head is rotten, every other part of the body follows.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Gospel2Day: 11:42am On Feb 08, 2023
One PoS agent told me that he bought 500k with 30k.
CBN should not expect such agent to charge the usual charges from those patronizing him.
CBN should own their fault and stop passing the blame to others.
However, I do not mean to assert that some greedy PoS agents are not taking undue and unpatriotic advantage of the current cash crunch.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by IbileIfe: 11:43am On Feb 08, 2023
When it comes to greediness, majority of Nigerians from the APC to the PDP and LP and other political parties are the same.
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi are all greedy capitalists.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by kelvindj98: 11:44am On Feb 08, 2023
I dont know which village they brought this dullard from. This is not the first time we have redesigned the naira. It went smoothly in the past simply because the old naira remained valid until they were completely out of circulation.

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Abudu2000(m): 11:44am On Feb 08, 2023
They have no license to start with. Can't withdraw something that never existed

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by lolu2019: 11:45am On Feb 08, 2023
PlayMaker14:

very funny.i have three POS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Erisco Foods Shuts Down Nigeria’s Factory, Relocates To China / Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities) / Gas Plant Behind RCCG's Redemption Camp Burns, Explodes (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.