Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges (33575 Views)

How Much Do POS Operators Charge In Your Vicinity? / FCTA Bans POS Operators From Residential Areas / CBN To Clamp Down On Illegal PoS Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by joedsuperstar(m): 4:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
Some of the POS agents are frustrated graduates, but let's keep praying for them to get a better paying job.
PlayMaker14:
I support the CBN on this one.... They should not just withdraw their license, but also throw some of them into prison and use them as a scapegoat.

Country Bad, Country Bad, but you still dey press your fellow citizen for neck, looking for ways to extort each other.

If you check those POS agents giving this ridiculous charges, they always look unkempt, lack courtsey and look stupid.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by slymansun: 4:44pm On Feb 08, 2023
Buhari and Emefiele are champions of failure.
Nothing good comes from them. Under them, naira redesign has brought hell on Nigerians.
Our naira that they have reduced to almost ordinary paper in value is now no longer available.
SHAME TO BUHARI, SHAME TO EMEFIELE, SHAME TO ALL ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GOVT, SHAME TO APC AND SHAME TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT CONTRIBUTED IN BRINGING THIS INCOMPETENT AND CALLOUS GOVT TO POWER.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by merits(m): 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
PlayMaker14:
I support the CBN on this one.... They should n I'mot just withdraw their license, but also throw some of them into prison and use them as a scapegoat.

Country Bad, Country Bad, but you still dey press your fellow citizen for neck, looking for ways to extort each other.

If you check those POS agents giving this ridiculous charges, they always look unkempt, lack courtsey and look stupid.

Yes what do you expect from I'll gotten money? It's nemesis.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by SouthSouth1914: 5:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
Buddha3:

You ignorantly started an argument and when you realised your idiocy was being laid bare for the world to see, you deviated and decided to reel out half-baked details on an unrelated issue, just to save face.

Where in all of my submissions have I asked you about the reasons for money scarcity? Do I look to you like your regular nairalanders who lack the requisite information as regards the workings of our very dysfunctional society? Instead of you to keep quiet and take needed corrections, you're salivating everywhere and typing lengthy epistles that are of no relevance to the subject matter.

Calling you a cow is an insult to even Buhari's 150 barren cows in Daura... grin!

Your thoughts and submissions on this subject matter are nothing more than rubbish. You are just an adult with a kid’s brain. You do not know anything about the workings of any society not to talk of Nigeria.

My arguments were clearly stated. But alas, as blinded and dysfunctional your thoughts are, your input have been so far baseless, unexacting, myopic and a figment of your imagination. Just like Emefiele, you have been jumping from pillar to post. The Monetary policy is ill timed, born out of sheer ignorance and arrogance of Emefiele. Not only did it destabilized the country, it slowed than the growth of the economy.

You are a non entity, a societal mishap and a failed misrepresentation of what Nigeria currently is. You go about speaking in tongues, yet no meaning to what your submissions are. People like you go about talking about info you know nothing about, you about on a failed rhetoric about what nationhood and economics is all about.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by CartelKenneth: 5:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
The end of Pos business is near
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by CartelKenneth: 5:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
Useless government
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Japastic: 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
Were they charging high before your callously conceived policy.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Theotimi: 6:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
People want Peter Obi who's Emefiele brother who cannot handle simple Naira design and swap properly, to rule Nigeria. Be careful o

1 Like

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by OvertheTop(m): 6:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
Helpfromabove1:
Were they given license in the first place

So if you did not give it what do U want to withdraw

Anybody can get pos for his or her business and they pos can also be use for pos business

CBN mob 2.7tr as at last Sunday and only printed 900bn in an election period that politicians need all the cash they can get is a policy that will guarantee public unrest and protest but unfortunately the same CBN is now going after POS and banks for its own policy failure

CBN should accept its policy failure and work a good solution not going after POS and banks

Most POS operators Operate Illegally
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Irupetepete: 6:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
PlayMaker14:
I support the CBN on this one.... They should not just withdraw their license, but also throw some of them into prison and use them as a scapegoat.

I operate a pos and in all ramifications, I am better than your entire generation...
What should I do? I bought 100k for 6k...
The cbn should have properly planned this before implementing...
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by OyinO: 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2023
Yeye CBN that should be crying for effecting a useless policy that has thrown the Nigerian State into a state of commotion, confusion, sufferation, destruction and exploitation is coming here to talk about POS Operators. Why not just start tracking and fishing them out instead of saying it? Yeye
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by PlayMaker14: 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
Irupetepete:
I operate a pos and in all ramifications, I am better than your entire generation...
What should I do? I bought 100k for 6k...
The cbn should have properly planned this before implementing...
Dem never talk, a braggart like you don dey talk about generation.... grin

Poor man, poor sense.

Senior Odé.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Irupetepete: 8:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
PlayMaker14:
Dem never talk, a braggart like my father don dey talk about generation.... grin

We are Poor biko, even our sense and mentality is of poor quality

Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by lordprogress: 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ketamine9000mg:
CBN always taking the wrong steps.
They caused inaccessibility of cash forcing POS operators to buy cash. I know an agent that said he bought 10,000 for 1,300 and he put his own charges at 1,500 for every 10,000 withdrawn.

People struggle to get money at ATM only to get between 2-5k per person.

Make cash available to the public and all these problems will die a natural death.

It is all CBN and the commercial bank fault.

Face the root cause and not just the complications.
And you believe
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by PlayMaker14: 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
Irupetepete:
My dad is useless

I feel your pain son 😂😂
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by kenedyx: 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
Reference:
Reformation is never a cake walk. I expect any serious government trying to control cash in circulation to do exactly this. For how can you be practicing a cashless policy yet have almost 80 percent of currency outside the banking system. That is untracked money, that is an economy within an economy. No government will accept that.

However the fact is that as long as institutions remain weak particularly those of the criminal justice system, shock therapy remains the only tool of government. For there are all sorts of laws that are serially broken for that amount of cash to have leached out of the central bank in the first place and the fears are real that if our laws can or will not be enforced wen the new currency will sooner or later find us way back to private 'central banks'.

Whatever we suffer today is of our collective making. Nigerians are by and large not ready or able to organize ourselves into a viable, progressive society.

Personally this is one incident that has affected me, perhaps not as much as others, but I cannot bring myself to complain about it because I know it is all a product of bad citizenship of which I am a Nigerian, just as I cannot complain about pesky police check points when I know my fellow citizens will exploit their absence to commit all manner of crimes if which I may become a victim.

Fellow citizens, if we don't restructure Nigeria we will suffer until our time on earth is over. My two cents.

Apt.

Though, for me the meat of the issue is things like "Patriotism" and a sense of "National Pride".. are not existing in this country..
An average Nigerian will rather die in a foreign country than die in his home town.

That speaks volumes.

Those other countries are not performing magic. What we can do is stop electing unpatriotic leaders.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by superCleanworks(m): 7:33am On Feb 09, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Banks are not giving out cash, both Old or New currency.

Many people are stranded.

POS agents buy their money from third party, and you expect them to give it out at normal charges?

you have not answered my question. why should they be buying the money from banks? what are they promoting by doing that?
is this the rubbish excuse you will give if arrested for encouraging artificial scarcity and sale of Naira?

Last Last who is the thing affecting? You buy naira from big man then turn around to sell it to your fellow poor people and The rest of your family. Who gets rich in the process? The big man and not you. You have only succeeded in making the whole economy choked.

Nigerians just love to make excuses for everything evil.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 09, 2023
superCleanworks:

so that means we should eat each other.
instead of eating the people causing us pain we turn around and eat each other.
The point is the cbn shifting blame when they are the cause of the problem in the first place.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 09, 2023
shantti:

bank managers
Do bank managers print money in their offices or what? You treally believe bank managers would suddenly decide to withold customers cash? Go and read about the current crisis facing lebanon you would get a glimpse of the real problem
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by shantti(m): 9:09am On Feb 09, 2023
Skankamola:

Do bank managers print money in their offices or what? You treally believe bank managers would suddenly decide to withold customers cash? Go and read about the current crisis facing lebanon you would get a glimpse of the real problem

But you know that bank managers have been caught hoarding cash to sell them for profit, right?
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 09, 2023
shantti:

But you know that bank managers have been caught hoarding cash to sell them for profit, right?
If you produce cars and the demand for your cars suddenly goes far higher than you supply, you would sell to the highest bidders first as a business man, thats normal business pattern. Blame who created the scarcity not someone trying to please his most important customers, if given same position you wont do different, its just business. Quit being emotional about the situation and face reality, the cbn has all the blame here.
Until they can produce and supply suffucient amount of cash to match what they have withdrawn from circulation there would be scarcity.
The governors, politicians, top business men all have access to the new currency, forget emefiele and his crap.
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by shantti(m): 10:31am On Feb 09, 2023
Skankamola:

If you produce cars and the demand for your cars suddenly goes far higher than you supply, you would sell to the highest bidders first as a business man, thats normal business pattern. Blame who created the scarcity not someone trying to please his most important customers, if given same position you wont do different, its just business. Quit being emotional about the situation and face reality, the cbn has all the blame here.
Until they can produce and supply suffucient amount of cash to match what they have withdrawn from circulation there would be scarcity.
The governors, politicians, top business men all have access to the new currency, forget emefiele and his crap.

It still doesn't make what the mangers are doing right.
It's the fault of the mangers calls if they are not hoarding cash and making only a single atm out of 5 to be dispensing 5k max, cash would have reached everyone
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by joehills55: 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2023
I support CBN on this particular one, POS agents don't have human sympathy, they get money free from the ATM and decides to add exorbitant charges...habaa
Re: CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 10, 2023
shantti:

It still doesn't make what the mangers are doing right.
It's the fault of the mangers calls if they are not hoarding cash and making only a single atm out of 5 to be dispensing 5k max, cash would have reached everyone
Stop blaming banks for trying to olease their most important customers first before others, its simple business logic everyone does including you. The cbn has withdrawn about 2trillion from circulation and replaced that with just about 300billion, how do you expect banks that normally recieve atleast 10million cash daily to still function with barely 200-500k daily? How much would they put in atms? How much would they dispense to customers otc?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abdulmunafi Sarina Rides A Motorcycle To His Farm In Kano. Photos / Erisco Foods Shuts Down Nigeria’s Factory, Relocates To China / Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.