Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) (28360 Views)

SA Police Invaded The Home Of Nigerians 'Awe' & 'Baba', Seized Drugs / SA Police Officer Accused Of Killing His 2 Girlfriends Commits Suicide In Prison / Man Murders Innocent Girl In Lagos,mob Parade Him With The Corpse(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:44am On Feb 08, 2023
Police in the Limpopo province of South Africa have a peculiar case on their hands after thieves stole a corpse from a grave in Makwakwaila, leaving it empty.

One of the family members discovered that the grave was tempered with on Sunday when she went to clean the grave site ahead of a ceremony to unveil the tombstone.

The deceased, Modike Philemon Masedi, died on 15 January last year and was buried seven days later.

SA Police Service (SAPS) spokesperson Brigadier Motlafela Mojapelo said the motive for the incident is not yet known as police hunt for suspects.

“Upon arriving at the scene, police were met by the unusual sight of the violated grave having a hole and an open coffin with no corpse inside.

“Preliminary probe conducted at the scene established that the suspects accessed the graveyard by cutting the side fence. They then dug a hole next to the grave, accessed the coffin and stole the corpse. The motive for this incident is unknown at this stage,” said Mojapelo said on Tuesday.

Investigators in Mokwakwaila opened a case of desecration of a grave and theft of a corpse.

Mojapelo said provincial police commissioner Lieutenant General Thembi Hadebe “expressed shock” at the criminal act and ordered the perpetrators be hunted down and brought to book.

She warned community members to allow police to do their work.

“We call on community members in the area to respect the unfolding investigations conducted by the police and desist from pointing fingers, as these often play into instigators of vigilantism in which people take the law into their own hands,” she said.

Anyone with information that can assist investigators can contact crime stop on 0860010111.

Alternatively, they can visit the nearest police station or use MySAPS App 🔚🔚🔚

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/crime/thieves-dig-steal-corpse-grave-limpopo-february-2023/

2 Shares

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Badabada(m): 9:45am On Feb 08, 2023
Nothing dey surprise me again.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 9:47am On Feb 08, 2023
The love of money is the root of all evil.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Jeon(f): 9:47am On Feb 08, 2023
grin

Nigerian miners taught them.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Mrkumareze(m): 9:48am On Feb 08, 2023
cheesy something comes to my mind

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Malory: 9:50am On Feb 08, 2023
Og*n state comes to my mind

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Mhykel217(m): 9:53am On Feb 08, 2023
Lazy Mofos
Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 08, 2023
Africa my africa, even the departed no get peace

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Hatrick01: 9:53am On Feb 08, 2023
Cc: Irongalaxy
Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Jennyclay(f): 9:53am On Feb 08, 2023
Jeon:
grin

Nigerian miners taught them.
cheesy

People from the west are coming for you cheesy

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Pickmycall: 9:55am On Feb 08, 2023
It could be that the casket was made of gold or the corpse was burried with gold chains and dollars.

6 Likes

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Jeon(f): 9:55am On Feb 08, 2023
grin
Jennyclay:
cheesy
People from the west are coming for you cheesy
By then I'm going offline. 😊😊😊😊

55 Likes

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 10:04am On Feb 08, 2023
Pickmycall:
It could be that the casket was made of gold or the corpse was build with gold chains and dollars.

“Upon arriving at the scene, police were met by the unusual sight of the violated grave having a hole and an open coffin with no corpse inside"

7 Likes

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Pickmycall: 10:09am On Feb 08, 2023
WannaHowzit:

“Upon arriving at the scene, police were met by the unusual sight of the violated grave having a hole and an open coffin with no corpse inside"
Where is the empty coffin?
Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 10:20am On Feb 08, 2023
Pickmycall:

Not in the pics I came across but the police wouldn't have lied about it as it forms part of the evidence they collected.

4 Likes

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Megabig: 10:21am On Feb 08, 2023
Pickmycall:

He just quoted the police report…

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Fedrick100: 10:38am On Feb 08, 2023
Skull miners are doing what they know best

14 Likes

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by magnum247: 10:43am On Feb 08, 2023
Skull miners don reach dia? grin

33 Likes

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by TheChameleon: 11:33am On Feb 08, 2023
Arrest all flatin0s around there.

Ekweremandu na so he go disgrace himself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by BestMan001: 1:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ritualists everywhere

Not only in Yoruba land

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 2:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hatrick01:
Sorry buddy, not interested wink
Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Hatrick01: 2:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
IronGalaxy:
Sorry buddy, not interested wink
just wanted to let u know that no nation is above crime.

Be it USA
Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 2:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hatrick01:
just wanted to let u know that no nation is above crime.

Be it USA
What gave you the impression I was oblivious to that fact?

4 Likes

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by Hatrick01: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
IronGalaxy:
What gave you the impression I was oblivious to that fact?
i thought u southeners believed that nigeria is the only country with crime news everyday
Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hatrick01:
i thought u southeners believed that nigeria is the only country with crime news everyday
So you think I believe there's no crime in South Africa?

2 Likes

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by mysticwarrior(m): 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hatrick01:
Irongalaxy and Tmksouth will soon come out and accuse Nigerians for this.
Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 2:38pm On Feb 08, 2023
mysticwarrior:
if the shoe fits....
Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by care4you: 2:53pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hope they won't point fingers at innocent Nigerians there!

I thought SA are saints, they don't commit crime... How come?

1 Like

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 3:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
mysticwarrior:

biscuitcarrier una dey still breathing? I'm speaking to you in your mother tongue coz I'm sure you're still in ICU from the brain haemorrhaging IG and TMK inflicted b4 you fell into a 2 year coma 🤕🤕🤕⛑️⛑️⛑️
Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by mysticwarrior(m): 4:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
WannaHowzit:

biscuitcarrier una dey still breathing? I'm speaking to you in your mother tongue coz I'm sure you're still in ICU from the brain haemorrhaging IG and TMK inflicted b4 you fell into a 2 year coma 🤕🤕🤕⛑️⛑️⛑️

Lol, you sounded like clown while trying to write in pidgin, I heard you were caught sexually harassing a Zulu maiden during the Reed dance, and had to create another Moniker because you couldn't bear the shame here on nairaland.

10 Likes

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by mysticwarrior(m): 4:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
IronGalaxy:
if the shoe fits....
Please tell me something I don't know, I never knew south African derives pleasure in stealing rotten dead bodies from their grave.

2 Likes

Re: SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 4:14pm On Feb 08, 2023
mysticwarrior:

Lol, you sounded like clown while trying to write in pidgin, I heard you were caught sexually harassing a Zulu maiden during the Reed dance, and had to create another Moniker because you couldn't bear the shame here on nairaland.

I heard you fell into a coma⛑️🤕 after the Enugu cops shot you down💥🤯 when you went unclad inside a South African bank demanding your life saving of just a N50 newly bleached naira note ☹️☹️☹️☹️ Have you no shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  / Police Officers Brutalizing Girl And Her Pregnant Friend (Video) / Man Goes Unclad To Fight Police Man After Being Assaulted In Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.