Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,053 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

How Do I Increase My Effectiveness At Work? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Increase My Effectiveness At Work? (3856 Views)

10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work / Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? / Should Social Networks Be Blocked At Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Increase My Effectiveness At Work? by Papilo87(m): 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2011
Working effectively does not mean working too hard, having no rest and generally behaving sour. Here are specific things to do to increase the level of effectiveness in your career work.

Keep your desk and your files organized to avoid wasting time shuffling through piles of paper. This enables for faster location of files and reduces frustration in looking for important documents under piles of paper.
Go through your inbox at the beginning of each work day. Either throw away, file or follow up on each item. I have discovered that each day I fail to check my mail, I’ll have to spend more time than necessary reading them, and deleting unwanted mail.
Prioritize a list of the tasks you need to accomplish that day. The best way to plan your time is to make a to-do list of every task you foresee doing for the day and start from the most urgent or important. Make your list flexible to accommodate any emergency tasks that may come up.
Delegate tasks to co-workers and assistants if possible and free up your time to do only the really important tasks. Shun the do-all-myself mentality. It will only make you take work home which is bad enough.
Finish one task before you go on to the next. This will help clear your desk faster rather than having half finished tasks clustering your desk.
Reduce paperwork by storing important information and making use of the computer or electronic organizer.
Communicate effectively and plan carefully to make sure tasks are done properly the first time around.
Schedule time when you’ll be available, and let colleagues know, to avoid constant interruptions. Close the door if you need to.
Take breaks. A short walk or quick lunch away from the office will increase your overall productivity.
Before leaving for the day, tidy up your desk and make a short list of projects you will need to do the next day.

Try not to take work home. It’s never a good policy. You are meant to enjoy your work and not be enslaved by it.

http://nairabrains.com/category/personal-development/career/
Re: How Do I Increase My Effectiveness At Work? by yamakuza: 5:50am On Oct 07, 2011
I enjoy listening to music while at work, especially work i'd rather not do.

Hard rock preferably in this instance.

Makes it feel like it aint work.
Re: How Do I Increase My Effectiveness At Work? by AjanleKoko: 6:13am On Oct 07, 2011
This dude is just flogging his blog. angry
But we can put a spin on it for him grin
Re: How Do I Increase My Effectiveness At Work? by yamakuza: 6:55am On Oct 07, 2011
How do YOU squeeze out extra juice at work?
Re: How Do I Increase My Effectiveness At Work? by iice(f): 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2011
I also listen to music. I sometimes read a few pages of a novel.
Re: How Do I Increase My Effectiveness At Work? by yamakuza: 3:25pm On Oct 10, 2011
Some people visit FaceBook.

Others, Nairaland!
Re: How Do I Increase My Effectiveness At Work? by iice(f): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2011
That too grin
Re: How Do I Increase My Effectiveness At Work? by God2man(m): 7:40am On Oct 11, 2011
First thing first, pray to God before you start anything for the day,just one to two minute of thanksgiving and prayer will go a long way to increase your effectiveness, remember,we are human,mistakes do occur,consciously or unconsciously. God bless you. God2man.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get Into Oil And Gas With Third Class And Certifications? / What Is Responsible For Career Success? Strategy Or Luck? / Join The British Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.