Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Deltans In Diaspora - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deltans In Diaspora (839 Views)

Poll: What Can We Do?

Books/Pens: 40% (2 votes)
2 Computers to Every Primary School?: 20% (1 vote)
Sandals//Uniforms to Every Primary School Pupil?: 20% (1 vote)
Sports Equipments to Every Primary School?: 0% (0 votes)
Others?: 20% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

We Don't Need Niger Deltans In Biafra / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deltans In Diaspora by jerryben12: 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2011
Every achievement starts with a thought. On this note, I am thinking of pulling kind hearted people of Delta state by indigene or birth to come together and contibute in which ever way. Ekiti state indigenes in Diaspora were able to buy sandals for all primary school pupils, we can do same or better. I have a friend from Anambra state that gives her time on medical missions to Anambra state one time every year. This trend will go to other states and leave a resounding legacy and also make our voice in Diaspora heard. I am not leaving this discision to my self but to every contributor.

What can we do for the masses and their wards?

Please I will need your thoughts on basic things we can take to them back home (Example are sandals for primary school pupils, pen/note books, computers for students labs, uniforms for needy students, footballs/volley balls/hockey sticks, books for students libraries, chairs and desks for students etc). What are your thoughts? This will be the first phase in this process (identifying what needs to be done). Next steps will follow and will involve giving in cash or in kind.
Re: Deltans In Diaspora by Ymodulus: 2:35pm On Sep 10, 2011
You should be asking Beaf that question and not Nlanders.
Re: Deltans In Diaspora by jason123: 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2011
Nice one OP!!!
Re: Deltans In Diaspora by jerryben12: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2011
Ymodulus:

You should be asking Beaf that question and not Nlanders.

Beaf cannot do it alone, the government cannot do it alone. Even in the states, people give generously to charity. No one is obligated. It is called freewill.
Re: Deltans In Diaspora by emofine(f): 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2011
Jerry, my heart is gladdened to meet a fellow Deltan. Delta wadooo (bows) . . .  My right hand may not know what my left hand is doing but I believe others are still assisting but that does not mean to say those of us who haven't should not begin to start. I kampke this idea. I have often considered various ways I too could contribute to my people.

Your ideas are simple but effective. As an artist I have so many pens, brushes, pencils, paint etc lying about . . .even old fabric - these mundane items that have perhaps to us passed their expiry date or usefullnes will sure be of help to our brethren back home . . it's a good idea, I support you and willing to assit smiley
Re: Deltans In Diaspora by jerryben12: 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2011
emofine:

Jerry, my heart is gladdened to meet a fellow Deltan. Delta wadooo (bows) . . .  My right hand may not know what my left hand is doing but I believe others are still assisting but that does not mean to say those of us who haven't should not begin to start. I kampke this idea. I have often considered various ways I too could contribute to my people.

Your ideas are simple but effective. As an artist I have so many pens, brushes, pencils, paint etc lying about . . .even old fabric - these mundane items that have perhaps to us passed their expiry date or usefullnes will sure be of help to our brethren back home . . it's a good idea, I support you and willing to assit smiley

Thank you! Please stay turned to this thread. As soon as I finish collecting people's ideas, I will propose next steps. Your pens, bruses, pencils etc will be very useful. I need many more like minded people like you. Please don't forget to click the vote button above.

My email is jerrybenchi@yahoo.com. Just incase anyone wants to reach me directly.
Re: Deltans In Diaspora by jerryben12: 1:07pm On Sep 12, 2011
Where are my fellow Deltans In Diaspora?
Re: Deltans In Diaspora by Demdem(m): 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2011
jerryben12:

Beaf cannot do it alone, the government cannot do it alone. Even in the states, people give generously to charity. No one is obligated. It is called freewill.

Good heart you have there Poster. This should surely be commended and encouraged. However what i know is if the resources of that state are being judiciously used for the people, considering the population and environment there shouldn"t be anything called Poverty in that state.
In addition to this initiative of yours, you should also request for Good governance and sincere rule of law from your leaders.
Wishing u all the best.
Re: Deltans In Diaspora by jerryben12: 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2011
Demdem:

Good heart you have there Poster. This should surely be commended and encouraged. However what i know is if the resources of that state are being judiciously used for the people, considering the population and environment there shouldn"t be anything called Poverty in that state.
In addition to this initiative of yours, you should also request for Good governance and sincere rule of law from your leaders.
Wishing u all the best.

Thanks for your encouragement. Sincerity comes from the heart. I see giving as a culture and I never lack because I give. This act is not political and has no connection with the Delta State government. They should remain in Asaba while we make our voices heard with our generosities in the interiors.

We are Delta State: The Big Heart

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable! A Nigerian Woman Died Twice / Federalism:Should we Merge States Into Regions or Create More States? / Types Of Rigging In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.