Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues (41449 Views)

Reduce Your Electricity Bills With Our Solar Inverters / Buy Solar Inverters, Panels And Batteries At Most Affordable Price 08066602785 / Pay Electricity Bills, Earn Zcoins , Get Solar Inverters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by PotatoSalad(m): 1:50am On Jan 13
macbeyland:

Thanks for your response. Please how many of the batteries I'll have to build ideally and what's the cost per piece?
Contact Valto
https://www.nairaland.com/valto
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Nitaaa: 12:56pm On Jan 14
Do you do solar installation?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by macbeyland(m): 4:54pm On Jan 15
PotatoSalad:

173ah 48v
200ah 48v
That's if you are running a 48v system

Good day and thanks for your previous response
Please what if I'm using a 24V inverter system, what is the rating of the batteries I'll need?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by PotatoSalad(m): 5:33pm On Jan 15
macbeyland:

Good day and thanks for your previous response
Please what if I'm using a 24V inverter system, what is the rating of the batteries I'll need?
I believe he has the same in 24v system too.
I bought my 173ah 48v from him last November. Grade A lithium cells.

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Bibitayo2: 10:42pm On Jan 17
Hello everyone,

Please, I want to get a solar inverter system that can power a 200+ liters freezer.

I would appreciate any advice on how to get it done and how much it will cost.

Thank you.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Yorubahdguy(m): 11:37pm On Jan 21
Hello my people

I need help. Months back, I had a 6 units of battery, 10kva 48volts inverter and 14 panels installed for me. Though, only 4 batteries are running at the moment and the other two are just connected to charge.

Recently, I noticed a drop. The backup doesn’t last at all. This system usually takes me 24 hours and repeat if there’s no light. But now, once the sun goes down, it doesn’t serve past 6 hours sef that’s even if I’m running just a rechargeable fan and a light bulb. Then, this system would take me till dawn even with my fridge on and I won’t use past 40% of the total charge overnight.

Initially, I thought it was the charge controller so I had one of my boss swap his charge controller with mine, but no changes. Then I realized that when I charge with NEPA, it works very fine. But when I charge with solar, it doesn’t last at all. Meanwhile… I have 14 whole panels.

One of my boss said that dusts has covered the panels due to the harmattan that we need to clean the panels panels which we did.

In summary, system lasts and works very fine when charged with NEPA, but doesn’t last at all when I charge with solar panel.

What could be the issue? I’ve been substituting with fuel because our light is not always constant.

Please, help a brother.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Peterlove11: 7:22am On Feb 01
Yorubahdguy:
Hello my people

I need help. Months back, I had a 6 units of battery, 10kva 48volts inverter and 14 panels installed for me. Though, only 4 batteries are running at the moment and the other two are just connected to charge.

Recently, I noticed a drop. The backup doesn’t last at all. This system usually takes me 24 hours and repeat if there’s no light. But now, once the sun goes down, it doesn’t serve past 6 hours sef that’s even if I’m running just a rechargeable fan and a light bulb. Then, this system would take me till dawn even with my fridge on and I won’t use past 40% of the total charge overnight.

Initially, I thought it was the charge controller so I had one of my boss swap his charge controller with mine, but no changes. Then I realized that when I charge with NEPA, it works very fine. But when I charge with solar, it doesn’t last at all. Meanwhile… I have 14 whole panels.

One of my boss said that dusts has covered the panels due to the harmattan that we need to clean the panels panels which we did.

In summary, system lasts and works very fine when charged with NEPA, but doesn’t last at all when I charge with solar panel.

What could be the issue? I’ve been substituting with fuel because our light is not always constant.

Please, help a brother.

First you need a good audit of your system which you can do yourself..... recently solar generation has reduced due to the season we are in. What are the specs of your panels and batteries.

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 3:44am On Feb 19
Bibitayo2:
Hello everyone,

Please, I want to get a solar inverter system that can power a 200+ liters freezer.

I would appreciate any advice on how to get it done and how much it will cost.

Thank you.

3.5kva is okay with 4 flooded batteries and 12 320watt panel
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by 5pecterGray(m): 11:37am On Feb 19
How much is the cost of this setup please.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Bjayy27(m): 11:42am On Feb 19
Good day everyone
I need a two to three bedroom in oworo,iyanaoworo,ifako,sawmill or gbagada axis
My WhatsApp is 08175811812
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by nduprincekc(m): 12:40am On Feb 20
jjcena:
I have 3.5 kva inverter running on 2 dry cell batteries, tho no panel. I run my Samsung inverter fridge without stress. Bought fireman AC inverter to use on it but I fireman AC was a scam.

Tips to use inverter especially if you don't have solar panels. Avoid ceiling fans, industrial standing fans, high Watts bulbs. Use low consumption appliances. If you must use ceiling fan, buy inverter ceiling fan.

Nice

How much was the cost of your installation back then
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Trippledots(m): 3:51pm On Feb 20
Solar Panels with original capacity available

What is available now and today prices

Original capacity tokunbo panels
250w poly...56k
200w mono...56k
310w mono... 85k
460w mono....130k

Not Jinko panels but half cut modules:
550w mono (new without carton)...145k
550w Bi-facial (new without carton)... 150k
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by OgaTheTop2: 11:19pm On Feb 23
babkazy:
you are right , but lithium battery is very expensive and can explode easily
Explode ke shocked
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by OgaTheTop2: 2:46am On Feb 25
Compliant:

Dont mind jumia.

As I was about to checked out the amount 22,000 turn to 27,000
It's now 40k. Which way Nigeria?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 9:41am On Feb 25
OgaTheTop2:
Explode ke shocked

Very dangerous, but with care you will be safe even normal wet cell battery do explode
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 9:44am On Feb 25
Peterlove11:

First you need a good audit of your system which you can do yourself..... recently solar generation has reduced due to the season we are in. What are the specs of your panels and batteries.

Normally charging via Nepal light and solar is equal, both are good but Nepal is better as the rate of discharge with Nepal is low
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by OgaTheTop2: 12:08pm On Feb 25
Compliant:

Very dangerous, but with care you will be safe even normal wet cell battery do explode
Okay. Never knew they explode. Thanks.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by ComputerWiz007: 8:49am On Feb 26
Jean2:
Please help! I have a De-bull 2500VA-24V-50A inverter with 2 x 200Ah tubular battery connected to it using a 100AH breaker, every time I switch on the breaker, it trips and comes with error message.

What can I do to rectify, please

I just realised that what should be the AC mains cable was swapped with the (inverter) Output!

Manufacturer error!

Hello man, Have you gotten a solution for it?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by jamess32: 9:53pm On Mar 03
Good day to everyone here, please I need help on my diy , I need help on my solar set up, I have a panel with the following data sheet.
Rated max power 190w
Current at pmax 5.18A
Voltage at pmax 36.7v
Short circuit current 5.6A
Open circuit voltage 44.8v

Cell type ; mono
Maximum system voltage 1000v

and a mpw charge controller with the following data sheet;
Rated voltage: 12/24
Rated current: 30A
Maximum PV voltage: 50V

I have 12/ 75ah battery connected to the charge controller with hope of using the panel to charge, what I observed was that when the sun is at peak the battery indicator on the controller shows full bar and voltage increases up to 17v on the controller. recently I forgot to manually disengage the charging after about 7hr and when I remembered I discovered the battery has swollen, though still working.
please is there anything wrong with my connection? how do I prevent the charge controller from overcharging the battery without me disengaging it manually? did I need to make any adjustment, kindly help pls.

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Obnoxious2001(m): 2:03pm On Mar 07
jamess32:
Good day to everyone here, please I need help on my diy , I need help on my solar set up, I have a panel with the following data sheet.
Rated max power 190w
Current at pmax 5.18A
Voltage at pmax 36.7v
Short circuit current 5.6A
Open circuit voltage 44.8v

Cell type ; mono
Maximum system voltage 1000v

and a mpw charge controller with the following data sheet;
Rated voltage: 12/24
Rated current: 30A
Maximum PV voltage: 50V

I have 12/ 75ah battery connected to the charge controller with hope of using the panel to charge, what I observed was that when the sun is at peak the battery indicator on the controller shows full bar and voltage increases up to 17v on the controller. recently I forgot to manually disengage the charging after about 7hr and when I remembered I discovered the battery has swollen, though still working.
please is there anything wrong with my connection? how do I prevent the charge controller from overcharging the battery without me disengaging it manually? did I need to make any adjustment, kindly help pls.
The cc is not regulating properly, because I see no reason why a 30A PWM can't control and monitor the charging
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by jamess32: 8:25pm On Mar 10
Obnoxious2001:

The cc is not regulating properly, because I see no reason why a 30A PWM can't control and monitor the charging
please what can I do in a situation like this
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Obnoxious2001(m): 9:46pm On Mar 10
jamess32:

please what can I do in a situation like this
Try amount CC.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by scofield2016: 5:43pm On Mar 29
How SRVGrid Is Providing Affordable Renewable Energy Solutions For Nigerians

Adequate access to electricity supply is a significant concern that has lingered for many years in Nigeria. As of 2021, over 85 million Nigerians lacked access to electricity, which is due to the insufficiency of the national grid to serve the teeming population. This has led to a great demand for petrol and diesel-run (fossil fuel) generator sets as a popular alternative to power supply. While they are not only expensive to buy, generator sets produce greenhouse gases like carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides, which pollute the environment and deplete the ozone layer.

However, renewable energy’s environmental sustainability and economic effectiveness have diverted keen attention to solar power generation - a move towards a green environment. Today, solar energy is the latest innovation in producing electricity in Nigeria, and it is more efficient than petrol- and diesel-run generator sets. This is why you can see solar installations at homes, offices, shopping complexes, hospitals, schools, rural areas, government institutions, etc., to have a round-the-clock uninterrupted power supply.

Meanwhile, it is a common belief by an average Nigerian that access to solar energy is exclusively for high-income Nigerians – tagging it a luxury commodity. This is untrue, as everyone can use this renewable energy at home and other places, which is the sigh of relief SRV Grid is bringing to all Nigerians.

What Is SRVGrid?

SRV Grid is a Cleantech company that provides renewable energy solutions for homes, offices, and other institutions. This company is leading the drive for accessible and sustainable power generation by providing and installing solar panels and batteries to make electricity available across Nigeria.

It is noteworthy that SRV Grid is Nigeria’s melting point of affordability and efficiency regarding renewable energy. This is because the firm aligns its goal with the yearnings of many Nigerians - having an adequate power supply to carry out their daily activities without limits. With its wealth of experience and expertise in offering solar solutions, SRV Grid is arguably the best renewable energy provider in Nigeria.

The success of SRV is owed to its years of commitment to solar solutions through the provision of quality, sustainability, and customer support that is unmatched. We employ cutting-edge technologies and turnkey solutions to offer the best services to our clients.

Our partnership spans international borders as we collaborate with brands like EcoPower, Nature Power, Green Power, Power Leaf, PowerLetter, etc., to ensure adequate access to renewable energy.

Benefits Of SVR Grid For Affordable Renewable Energy Solutions

1. Cost-Effectivenes

SVR Grid provides affordable renewable energy solutions tailored to your demand and budget. So, you do not have to break your bank account before installing the alternative energy in your home or office. This is in sync with the vision of the company, which is “to provide reliable, affordable, scalable, and clean energy solutions” for Nigerians.

2. Flexible Payment Options

The company provides flexible payment options for its teeming customers to enable them to access the various renewable energy solutions it offers. This is done by understanding the variation in its customers’ pockets (financial capability). Therefore, SVR Grid offers you the leverage of making installments for the procurement and installation of solar panels and batteries until full payments are made. It allows you to stay on the grid with an alternative power supply even when your budget is low.

3. Free Consultation

SVR Grid has a team of experts in the renewable energy field who can provide professional advice on the best alternative energy solution. So, this gives you the latitude to consider your budget and preferences before proceeding to have the installation at your location. This consultation is free for the company to do.

4. Seamless Installation And Maintenance

The company employs cutting-edge technologies to install and maintain the equipment to enable efficiency and longevity that gives you the best value for your money. As such, customer satisfaction guarantees you an electricity supply for ten (10) service years for the products.

Conclusion

An uninterrupted electricity supply has improved with SVR Grid, committed to providing power to every corner of Nigeria. This is because of its affordability, which makes renewable energy more accessible than a luxury.

Therefore, if you are considering installing solar panels and batteries at an affordable cost, SVR Grid is the best company to achieve your clean energy dreams.

Call

+2349037556518
+2348090205676
+2347069537280

24, lateef jakande road agidingbin opp Cadbury plc Lagos Ikeja

Email Address ; info@srvgrid.ng

https://www.srvgrid.ng/

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by adibo(m): 11:04am On Mar 30
Good morning, I want to get batteries for a 2.5kva or 1.5kva hybrid inverter. I just noticed that two 220ah batteries give a total of 440ah at 594k while four 150ah batteries gives a total of 600ah at 580k. By my local man logic, the 150ah option seems better to me cus I get about 160ah more battery capacity. Pls, those who are experts, is this my logic correct and can I go for this 150ah option?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Flat Roof Design In Nigeria / JOEPOOL Wave Ltd (swimming Pool Construction Company) / Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.