Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues (41962 Views)

Reduce Your Electricity Bills With Our Solar Inverters / Buy Solar Inverters, Panels And Batteries At Most Affordable Price 08066602785 / Pay Electricity Bills, Earn Zcoins , Get Solar Inverters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by VoltageDivida(m): 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2023
If you are (or know) an inverter installer within Lagos, please I would like to work with you to have field experience.

Help a brother please
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bonnyhope: 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2023
Zico777:
Bro, Solar energy is the way to go!
No noise, no pollution & very cheap in the long run. Speaking from experience!

How durable are the gadgets especially the battery
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by akpota(m): 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

True talk but the mistake I made was buying 2 200amh dry cell battery should have gone for 2 200amh lithium battery as a friend said it's more powerful and easy to maintain or so

Was also told dry cell battery life span is around 2-3 years while lithium battery is around 5years but I dont know how true it is

I wilk save this thread and give my experience.
I will share my research anr practical knowledge.
I have 11 pieces solar at home 450watt panels and 200watt.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by kingyang: 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

True talk but the mistake I made was buying 2 200amh dry cell battery should have gone for 2 200amh lithium battery as a friend said it's more powerful and easy to maintain or so

Was also told dry cell battery life span is around 2-3 years while lithium battery is around 5years but I dont know how true it is
Lithium Battery, depends on the make and cycle , will last for 10 to 15 years if use correctly. Lithium is way better . I'm using mine with peace of mind, no solar panels yet.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by pol23: 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2023
Solar
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Lightorder: 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2023
utepu:
Thanks for sharing bro

ote author=Compliant post=120857113]Greetings.

After seeing a topic that made front page on power situation in Nigeria, I felt it will be necessary to create this thread for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE ONLY.

Please let's share ideas on this solar installation, cost implications, down side and many more.

I neither sell nor have knowledge of solar system but on 24th December 2022 I engaged someone to install solar for me due to the power situation here in Abuja especially during dry season.

Well to cut the long story short, I decided to go for 3kva inverter with inbuilt charge controller, 4 280w felicity mono panel with 2 200amh dry cell battery with a cost implication of around 1 million

Breakdown:
1. 280w felicity mono panel 84,000 per 1 ( note: the person promised me 300w for 84,000 only for him to bring 280w and the excuse he gave me was that the 300w is not a strong product but felicity product is durable)

2. 3KVA 24V inverter with inbuilt charge controller 290,000

3. Battery 200amh 160,000 per 1 dry cell

4. Battery rack, installation kits and installation charge 150,000

Mind you, I base in Abuja where things are a little expensive, so i believed its possible to get it at a cheaper rate elsewhere.

I did not connect my fridge at all but lighting points are connected, smart TV of 55inche and 45inche are connected and I can use any depending if I am in the seating room or inner room.

DISCOVERY: once it is 6:30pm the solar stop charging via panel and i can use my bulbs and TV and 2 fans for hours (i.e i watch TV from 6:30pm to maybe 9pm before going to bed and i switch on at least 8 bulbs from that 6:30pm till 6:30am the following day when the inverter automatically starts charging again via solar.

I also discover that in this solar installation, having a very good battery will safe you alot and also dry cell battery can go bad even within 2months if installed before and then you disconnect and reconnect after like 2-3month probably due to relocation issue.

Please kindly share your own view without insult let's learn one or two things.

Thanks

are the fans ceiling types?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by akpota(m): 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
bonnyhope:

2-5 years deep cycle depending on usage.
I always love to educate my client.

For me i build and use lituim at my home.

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by tonididdy(m): 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mynd44:

Seems you miss where I don't use the AC at night and the fact that I have 8 panels mean I don't draw Power from the battery in the afternoon.

Lol I’ve over 6years solar owner experience
And over 2years installation experience

I’m telling you when your battery will die if you don’t change your usuage.
Do you even know you have to regularly maintain this type of batt3 u’ve ?
Mod: I gave this same harsh advice to my neighbor, he has 6 flooded batt3. He would pump water and on ACs on the batt3 and on all the security bulbs in the house (over 16bulbs of 60watts each)
Fasts forward to today …. He has spent more money on diesel enough to setup a brand new solar system 😁
Na now he dey take my advice but then the damage is done already.

14 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:
Greetings.

After seeing a topic that made front page on power situation in Nigeria, I felt it will be necessary to create this thread for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE ONLY.

Please let's share ideas on this solar installation, cost implications, down side and many more.

I neither sell nor have knowledge of solar system but on 24th December 2022 I engaged someone to install solar for me due to the power situation here in Abuja especially during dry season.

Well to cut the long story short, I decided to go for 3kva inverter with inbuilt charge controller, 4 280w felicity mono panel with 2 200amh dry cell battery with a cost implication of around 1 million

Breakdown:
1. 280w felicity mono panel 84,000 per 1 ( note: the person promised me 300w for 84,000 only for him to bring 280w and the excuse he gave me was that the 300w is not a strong product but felicity product is durable)

Mind you, I base in Abuja where things are a little expensive, so i believed its possible to get it at a cheaper rate elsewhere.

I did not connect my fridge at all but lighting points are connected, smart TV of 55inche and 45inche are connected and I can use any depending if I am in the seating room or inner room.

DISCOVERY: once it is 6:30pm the solar stop charging via panel and i can use my bulbs and TV and 2 fans for hours (i.e i watch TV from 6:30pm to maybe 9pm before going to bed and i switch on at least 8 bulbs from that 6:30pm till 6:30am the following day when the inverter automatically starts charging again via solar.

I also discover that in this solar installation, having a very good battery will safe you alot and also dry cell battery can go bad even within 2months if installed before and then you disconnect and reconnect after like 2-3month probably due to relocation issue.

Thanks

I think I need to approach my customer who is into solar power manufacturing including fans, when I supply him cables, I usually see the equipment as something that won't last long or carry much appliances... thanks for this insight

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Lightorder: 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

the price difference between lithium and ordinary battery is way way too high
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by iyke2frankeze: 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2023
I use 5kv capacity locally made inverter with the entire cost at 1.2 million in my business and it is doing greatly. If your business is not a night business, you will enjoy solar to the fullest. I opted for the locally built because I am using it for printing and photocopy which is a heavy duty work in terms of power consumption. Repair and sourcing of parts is easier in locally built inverter since the materials are commonly found within. It has served for a year plus and is still as it was from day 1.

14 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Elder4sure(m): 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2023
Are you based in Lagos? Hit me up, I'll sale and install for you. Good price also

yomi007k:
Thank you for the information.

I was thinking about this solar thing yesterday too.

What do you need to do for it to carry deep freezer? How much was his workmanship?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Uniquewise: 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2023
Thermocool inverter chest freezer is bae cool. A mere 100w power. Zero noise. Works so good. Now, I stock up on food items lasting me months. Planning on replacing my fridge/freezer with an inverter type soon too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by akpota(m): 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:
I just remember one thing now, OX INDUSTRIAL FAN is an enemy of inverter

because of its power consumption.

But the way i designed my system.
It doesnt affect me at all.

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by fergie001: 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2023
bonnyhope:

The battery have an average lifespan of 5 years.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by jmoore(m): 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2023
What solar installations do I need to power a submersible water pump of 1.5 horsepower?

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by chatinent: 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2023
I'd love to do this but I really need an experienced consultant.

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by lakeside30: 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2023
adekennis:
Pls contact me for your affordable inverter solutions. I can install for you before payment if we are going to agreement on payment or give me postdated check or bank draft. I use the best components.

with 500k,can 1 get a very good solar system

freezer
59 inch tv..led
dstvdecoder
fans 2
light bulb 5

if yes,pls contact me 07037595005

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Neduzze5(m): 1:13pm On Feb 13, 2023
kingyang:

Lithium Battery, depends on the make and cycle , will last for 10 to 15 years if use correctly. Lithium is way better . I'm using mine with peace of mind, no solar panels yet.

Do you charge it with NEPA or what??
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Porpulace: 1:13pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:
Greetings.

Breakdown:

Thanks

Can it carry fridge and washing machine Sir? Have you tried?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Mynd44: 1:13pm On Feb 13, 2023
tonididdy:

Lol I’ve over 6years solar owner experience
And over 2years installation experience

I’m telling you when your battery will die if you don’t change your usuage.
Do you even know you have to regularly maintain this type of batt3 u’ve ?
No, I dont. I just use them continually for two years.

Uncle Sodiq

2 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by faceland: 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2023
No be small money sha, we are talking 700k... Do you use it during the day or it only for night?

I have a neighbor that use solar (next compound). Even his dogs has a joy that only freedom from NEPA can give.

11 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by MiniImportation: 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2023
O ya long story short come buy oooooh.

It support all laptops It works minimum of 12 hours and upto 26 hours uninterrupted when is fully charge Portable and dependable Tested and confirmed to have a long lasting battery.

Very Input: Charging voltage DC 16volts 5Amps Output: DC 17V-20V, 3.7A auto 100watts - 150watts solar panel demands it) Dimensions: 160x 160 x 90 mm good and in excellence condition. What is in the pack: 1-CT Mobile Laptop Powerbank 320wh 1- Power Bank Charger 1-Laptop connecting cable 1-Users' guide 1- Laptop connecting cable It comes with 2 Years Guarantee on the powerbank and we can customize and build any capacity based on your need. Note:- This product is produced & Marketed by SultanSpeaks Pharm Ltd.

We promised that you would enjoy using it and please read the user manual well. 100watts - 150watt panel will be ideal for it.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bassdow: 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

For the freezer I dont know sir, but i noticed one day my wife forgot to switch off the deep freezer in my children room and i was on inverter and the thing was just working jejely for like 1 hour, immediately I noticed, I switch the freezer off

As for the workmanship, it's less than 100,000 because the person collected 150,000 from me and it includes battery rack, installation kits and fee.

The installation kits include all the wires and horse and breakers etc

What you have can handle the FRIDGE, but I would ADVICE AGAINST using fridge on it so as to PROLONG the life of the BATTERIES.

If You must use the FRIDGE, and not put excess stress on the BATTERIES, I suggest you watch for when the Batteries are 100% full - some charge controllers have LED light indicators that indicates such.

If the time is before 4PM in the afternoon, you could connect the FRIDGE for 1 or more hours BUT ensure you disconnect latest 4PM so the batteries could reFILL before Night fall.

Meanwhile, that person shortChanged you on 300WATTS. Installers tend to prefer lower WATTs panels because of not just lower cost, but size. 300WATTs panels are often bigger in physical size.

with cost of things recently, those of us who got in earlier are very THANKful.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by iyke2frankeze: 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

I use dry cell. The lithium battery does not take much time before it will start having problems and requiring change of acid but dry cell will last until the duration without any pro. My friends who bought lithium are envying me right now. Secondly I have move to a bigger office which forced me to disconnect and reconnect the battery and nothing happened to it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Stanweezy(m): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2023
For more details about solar and those that wants to learn should inbox me
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by tonididdy(m): 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mynd44:

No, I dont. I just use them continually for two years.

Uncle Sodiq

Lol lad trust me, quit using the Ac and regulate the deep freezer usage and Never I mean Never ever use the pressing iron again. I guess I should advice you not to use your solar for your borehole

Yes you have to maintain those your batt3, dey are not for amateur users. It has a gauge on it. You need to refill with 100% distilled water when the gauge is low.

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by jjcena(m): 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2023
I have 3.5 kva inverter running on 2 dry cell batteries, tho no panel. I run my Samsung inverter fridge without stress. Bought fireman AC inverter to use on it but I fireman AC was a scam.

Tips to use inverter especially if you don't have solar panels. Avoid ceiling fans, industrial standing fans, high Watts bulbs. Use low consumption appliances. If you must use ceiling fan, buy inverter ceiling fan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by main24(m): 1:21pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

Not completely true.
Lithium and dry cell batteries has both advantages and disadvantages...

As for Longevity, it depends on your usage:

(i) if you charge your batteries with normal Generator, and
(ii) you wait for it to completely drain itself before the next charge
The batteries won't last.

- Charging with PHCN (Nepa) Light, (a lot of Solar panels basically useful during the day)
- don't allow the inverter start making noise (battery low) before the next charge,
- use minimal load
You will enjoy your batteries either dry cell or Lithium.

Lithium batteries are more profitable to marketers and engineers than dry cell...I rest my case here lipsrsealed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bassdow: 1:22pm On Feb 13, 2023
fergie001:
The battery have an average lifespan of 5 years.

A battery could go bad in less than 1-month should it be abused in any way

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by SeriouslySense(m): 1:22pm On Feb 13, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World / Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.