Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Lagos Gets Third Passport Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Gets Third Passport Office (14373 Views)

Lagos Gets $200m World Bank Credit / Graphic Photos: Man Falls Off Train At Agege, Lagos; Gets Crushed Into Parts / OLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by jason123: 2:13am On Sep 11, 2011
National Security: Fashola tasks Immigration

By Foluso Ajibulu

Against the backdrop of recent security challenges in the country, Lagos State governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), has urged the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) to rise up to the occasion by contributing meaningfully to the security of the country.

Fashola, who spoke at the Lagos House while hosting the Comptroller of the NIS, Lagos State Command, Mr. Abbas Ahmed, who paid him a courtesy visit, said the Immigration Service, in its conception and by its territorial location, should be at the forefront of intelligence gathering in the current efforts to secure the country.

He told the visiting Comptroller, “This is the time when you can, by your very clear action, demonstrate to Nigerians that you are more than an agency whose role is simply to issue passports. It will not be achieved simply by talking about it”.

Congratulating the Comptroller on the NIS move to create a third passport office in Ikeja, the governor said his administration remains a willing and ready partner with the Immigration Service in its efforts and activities aimed at achieving security in Nigeria and Lagos State.

Earlier,  the Comptroller said the purpose of his visit was to register the appreciation of the NIS to the state government for its assistance and also to inform the governor of the creation of a new passport office (the third in Lagos) in Ikeja.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/national-security-fashola-tasks-immigration/

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by jason123: 2:15am On Sep 11, 2011
Nice one Lagos state! As I said earlier, its only Lagos and Rivers that are experiencing RAPID growth in infrastructures and development.
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:41am On Sep 11, 2011
Vision + Mission = Action
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by mbatuku1: 6:49am On Sep 11, 2011
Encouraging more nigerians to be queuing shamelessly at foreign embassies? More passport offices, more queuing. Smh
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by DonChimax(m): 6:55am On Sep 11, 2011
pls nairalanders i want 2 know how much it will cost 2 get a new passport.
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by daywatcher: 7:20am On Sep 11, 2011
Where are the other passport offices located?
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by member479760: 7:23am On Sep 11, 2011
passport is not free anyway, FG making money from it and employees are making living from it, so what is the problems?
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by Russialane(m): 8:40am On Sep 11, 2011
thats all they know when it concerns money they are ever willing to expand , business people , jokers
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by nasoeb: 8:45am On Sep 11, 2011
@Mbatuku1
have you ever heard of the word EFFICIENCY.
Even if Lagos State were to have only One Immigration / Passport Office, you simply can not stop the number of persons that want to get an International Passport, 1000 will surely remain 1000 persons, nothing less. But it will increase queue, overwork the Staffs thereby encouraging further corruption because most people cant go through the queue rather bribing some officers to get theirs done faster, which somebody like you will eventually COMPLAIN  

But with 3 Passport Office, Increases Efficiency, eliminate queue and reduces corruption.

so think before you pour out those things in your mouth.
You dont need to show us how d*** you are here, we all know
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by calebrita(m): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2011
Don-chimax
a new passport will cost you #17000,
Daywatcher
other were in IKOYI and FESTAC TOWN.
Anyway third one is blessing to lagos.
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by donugapi(m): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2011
mbatuku1:

Encouraging more nigerians to be queuing shamelessly at foreign embassies? More passport offices, more queuing. Smh

You are an eediot for this, What has this got a new office got to do with queues at embassies? I can't believe the level of unintelligence oozing from that sawdust filled brain of yours,

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by paraphase(m): 9:41am On Sep 11, 2011
O Boy You Need To Go Back To School,You Are a Failure Already undecided
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by arikeade1: 9:56am On Sep 11, 2011
daywatcher:

Where are the other passport offices located?
one is located in IKOYI OBALENDE(ALAGBON)
The second one is at FESTAC TOWN,
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by lifestyle1(m): 11:12am On Sep 11, 2011
Don-Chimax:

pls nairalanders i want 2 know how much it will cost 2 get a new passport.

The official price is 8900

calebrita:

Don-chimax
a new passport will cost you #17000,
Daywatcher
other were in IKOYI and FESTAC TOWN.
Anyway third one is blessing to lagos.

Bro 17,000 shocked what for?
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by mallorca(m): 11:43am On Sep 11, 2011
Good news
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by noholdsbarred(m): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2011
Some people are born-pessimists and will never see anything good in what anyone or group does. They only think of the negative. It's good sometimes because it awakens those who are in the 'dream land,' while at other times, it's just disgusting the way these set of people think.
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by femi4: 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2011
can one do replacement in ikeja?
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by Abayomin70(m): 3:29pm On Sep 11, 2011
nice one is goin to reduce dose useleesss queue
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by Stevo30: 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2011
This is not new, Lagos used to have 3 passport offices. The one in ikeja around PWD and Lagos old secretariat in Ikeja GRA was closed down a few years ago. i guess they are just reopening the ikeja passport office. I hope this will result in more efficiency.
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by erico2k2(m): 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2011
All yah giving kudos, now tell me how does this improve the overal wellbeing of the total populace of Lagosians? or the country at large?? the only usage of our passport atm is to fly out,abi E get another use that we cant substitute our local ID for,misplaced priorities.
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by basadenet: 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2011
Will that make the issuance of passport faster and affordable? anyway more grease to your palm
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by femi4: 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2011
femi4:

can one do replacement in ikeja?
any answer?
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by ochukoccna: 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2011
Congratulating the Comptroller on the NIS move to create a third passport office in Ikeja, the governor said his administration remains a willing and ready partner with the Immigration Service in its efforts and activities aimed at achieving security in Nigeria and Lagos State.

Earlier,  the Comptroller said the purpose of his visit was to register the appreciation of the NIS to the state government for its assistance and also to inform the governor of the creation of a new passport office (the third in Lagos) in Ikeja.

[size=19pt]Did they close down the passport office behind Lagos High Court/Area F in Ikeja seeing that's why I first got my International passport in and around 2001?[/size]
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2011
and we have just only one in Canada?
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2011
if am not mistaking, Lagos has always had 3 passport offices? Ikeja where i got my first passport then i know of Ikoyi and Festac and they have both existed for over 5years so whats the news?
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2011
Are the employees going to be the same disorganized, bribeful, rude, lazy etc employees?

anywaz, what is the purpose of this third passport office?

Puhlzzz, please dont tell me this is the reason alone:

should be at the forefront of intelligence gathering in the current efforts to [size=28pt]secure the country.[/size]
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by Delebayo(m): 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2011
Should passport be free, is it free in other countries?
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by Damolux01(m): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2011
Please, how do i get it @ d official price? Am not in haste to travel out, just nid to have it, for 3 persons?
life_style:

The official price is 8900

Bro 17,000 shocked what for?
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by jobsplash: 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2011
Omo vacancy dey there
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by Jarus(m): 10:51pm On Sep 11, 2011
Did mine 18k years ago @ Ikoyi.
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by Omoboy(m): 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2011
Pls guys i need to know if Ilorin has a passport office and how much and how long does it take to get a new passport.Thx
Re: Lagos Gets Third Passport Office by Delebayo(m): 4:39am On Sep 13, 2011
google it grin tongue cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP May Move Against Governor Fayose / Troops Kill 55 ISWAP Top Commanders, Terrorists In Borno / Ex-police Ig, Okiro, Denies Stealing N275m; Says Own Aide Set Him Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.