Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,432 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC (33056 Views)

No Cash For Police, IG Baba Laments / BREAKING: IGP Deploys Four Commissioners Of Police To Ogun For Elections / INEC Appoints Amina Zakari As Head Of Collation Centre For Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Tflex01: 8:38am On Feb 15, 2023
rajiedreez:

I've been an INEC ad-hoc staff in previous elections and to some extent cash is inevitable. In most cases the monies are given for transportation and feeding. Even if you can pay for food with transfer, will you pay for transport with transfer too. INEC doesn't pay election renumeration with cash. It's only the stipends needed for staffs to navigate to RAC and for their feeding during the elections. Also cash is needed for RAC maintenance. In as much as cashless policy is good, there are many areas that still depends on cash.

Thank you.
Don't mind that mumu that said he once participated in election and they paid after election. How do you mobilize ad-hoc staff without feeding and transport?

I've been part of this system since 2007 (Yaradua's ) election. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 15, 2023
Is either Buhari and that CBN boy didn't know what they are doing or they are just dumb or wicked. Military government should be on standby now. Don't see election holding on 25th and this is my own prophesy.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by rottennaija(m): 8:41am On Feb 15, 2023
Jamesbiodun:
Funny, where is the money allocated to inec

Senseless people. You don't know they still have to withdraw the money from financial institutions?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Yankee101: 8:42am On Feb 15, 2023
Do transfers na
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by soullove1881(m): 8:42am On Feb 15, 2023
otokx:
Is this true? Why would INEC want to embark on cash payments?

INEC official, corp members etc. will pay Okada rider in remote villages with transfer too? Abi nah all their officials get car?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Emmy909: 8:42am On Feb 15, 2023
Thanks for giving them insight....... Most of the urchins are brain washed, these are the set of people that believe Buhari is Jubril from sudan grin

ThierryJay:

Are you being deliberately ignorant for someone whose comments are mostly logical?

Where in the world, in a country where up to 80% of transaction volume is conducted within the informal sector, is a cashless policy implemented effectively in less than 3 months?

Excellent Project Managers factor in limitations due to realities on ground rather than mere rational wishes in determining project timelines.

Have you considered the incessant network glitches, unbanked rural populace, inadequate network infrastructure and coverage, literacy levels needed for online transactions? Or these are unimportant?

It beggars belief that you are asking what INEC needs cash for when majority of the areas where voting takes place are in rural grassroots areas.

And you people will be abusing Buhari!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by jamace(m): 8:43am On Feb 15, 2023
Let's hear from CBN Gov before we can pass judgment because LIE LIE has become a way of life in Nigeria.

N400billion for 2023 elections! shocked shocked shocked
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by backnbeta(f): 8:43am On Feb 15, 2023
rottennaija:

Senseless people. You don't know they still have to withdraw the money from financial institutions?
In the words of our "great financial analysts", we don't need cash! They should transfer from one angle to the other like they are making us do undecided

2 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Jogs1900: 8:43am On Feb 15, 2023
Okoroawusa:
I don't know what Emefiele stands to gain from all these confusion that he has unleashed on the Nigerian social, economic and political space like this.
He will gain alot bro..He's partisan already.

1 Like

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Bluntemperor: 8:45am On Feb 15, 2023
Okoroawusa:
I don't know what Emefiele stands to gain from all these confusion that he has unleashed on the Nigerian social, economic and political space like this.

ahhh,Mr Emefiele is doing fine o- according to his PDP and some LP friends- zones because he will cub elections riggers by Politicians! That is their arguments!
What a falacy!
So,are Nigeria Politicians not entitled to use Dollars - instead of Naira- which they have been accumulating for years?
Can CBN stop them from using Dollars from Abroad to influence the outcome of the Elections,even if you reduced the Local Naira influence?
What happens to the PDP, even APC Nomination, and during their Conventions - so Dollars and other Foreign Currencies were not used,abi!
Which one is even better to use- is it Naira or Foreign Currencies which Politicians are already used to?
We hope Nigeria is not jazzed, after all,it's the INEC that is complaining now while the Masses are suffering!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 15, 2023
More worrisome is the penchant for disobeying court orders.
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by AmotekunSW: 8:46am On Feb 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

Are you an INEC staffer? Stop quoting me if you are not because e-channels can do almost everything cash transactions do.

The last time I checked, NYSC doesn't pay corpers using cash. Besides, CBN has branches in all the 36 states and the FCT. They kicked off Cash Swap program that targets unbanked Nigerians in rural communities. Those corps members should access cash through that channel, if they really need cash.

Unless the CBN drops this policy, everyone must embrace it. Cashless payments have more benefits than carrying cash about. Our problem is that we are obsessed with cash payments, and we are struggling to come to terms with the new normal.

You're a born fool, no jokes.
You want them to pay NURTW bus drivers, logistics officers and Policemen through transfer. You are very very stupid.

Just so you know. With the way things are currently, it is easier and cheaper to buy votes with cash, compared to before.
With 1k new note or 5k old note, they will buy votes. Something they were doing for 10k before.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Hamzola28: 8:47am On Feb 15, 2023
Three worst governor's ever

1 Like

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by lexy2014: 8:49am On Feb 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

Are you an INEC staffer? Stop quoting me if you are not because e-channels can do almost everything cash transactions do.

The last time I checked, NYSC doesn't pay corpers using cash. Besides, CBN has branches in all the 36 states and the FCT. They kicked off Cash Swap program that targets unbanked Nigerians in rural communities. Those corps members should access cash through that channel, if they really need cash.

Unless the CBN drops this policy, everyone must embrace it. Cashless payments have more benefits than carrying cash about. Our problem is that we are obsessed with cash payments, and we are struggling to come to terms with the new normal.

Look at the wickedness and selfishness that you are fuming.

What is wrong if we are obsessed with cash payment? Is it a crime to be obsessed with cash payment? Is there any country that doesn't use cash? What is normal about creating naira scarcity in cash dominated economy? Is it by forcing people, punishing them and putting them thru untold suffering that you will make them like cashless payments? If you like cashless payments, must everyone like it with you? Does cash payments stop you from using your cashless payments?

Who is doing cash swap in rural areas? Where did you get that?

5 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Chynx(m): 8:49am On Feb 15, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Na Tilumbum be their problem

Little did they know Jagaban is sorted for life

Typical Zombidiots ignorance, after neglecting democracy and Civic responsibility for years, shouting Biafra or playing football on the highway

*Since 1999 NURTW have been moving sensitive and non sensitive materials accross the 774 LGA , they just knew few days to election 22 years later

*CBN stores Sensitive INEC materials for all Region

*INEC pays AdHoc staffs stipends in cash for election day

*ASUU are returning officers

Your T#iefnubu is not going anywhere. Know this and know peace.

Mugu. 🤣🤣🤣
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by reddingtonblack: 8:49am On Feb 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

You have a major comprehension issue.

Read what you quoted again.

Shut up jare, these crisis as really exposed the OBedient movement, that there hearts are not with Nigerians instead what they care about is there Peter OBi must win ego

A good policy wrongly implemented at the wrong time for a vendetta course can never amount to anything good be it short or long run. if the foundation is faulty the house can't stand

If we must go cashless, then we must 1st upscale our systems. there is a process you can't put step 3 before step 1.
go to the banks and see the number of queue at customer care just becos of failed transfer.

Most Obedient are just kids still being fed so they can trivialize nigerian pain becos most don't know the hardship there parent & uncles face to provide food.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Olushylay1(f): 8:50am On Feb 15, 2023
Even the Training for state facilitators for Census which lasted for 10days from 7am to 7pm in the evening,We were not paid a dime..They deceived us throughout the whole time...
I pray the same will not happen to to INCE
ad-hoc staff.They should pay the ad-hoc staff after training
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Misterone: 8:50am On Feb 15, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
What a country

APC has succeded in running this country aground

Will election still hold like this ?
stop talking rubbish. You like talking from both side of the mouth. FYI, APC states are the ones taking FG to court.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by tarantino1: 8:50am On Feb 15, 2023
Tflex01:

This Naira redesign and cashless policy imbroglio has really exposed the mental and literacy level of Obi supporters.

I'm an Obi supporter and I've lambasted Atiku, Tinubu and both their supporters multiple times on this site.

But the way Obi supporters blindly support this nonsense new notes policy without thinking about how it harms the average Nigerians shows that they are no different from the rest.

What Nigeria is suffering is not a party issue but a people issue. Regardless of who wins, the result will be the same. I have no high hopes again on the aftermath of the elections. What will be will be

3 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Upworkwriter007(f): 8:52am On Feb 15, 2023
SmartPolician:
What does INEC need cash for? What kind of logistics payment that runs in millions that INEC cannot pay using e-channels? Nigerians should just end all this obsession with cash!

Mahmood should not fail and blame it on cash (CBN). If anyone should be complaining about cash, it should be village people, bus drivers and market women who handle small amounts of cash, not men like INEC chairmen who control millions of naira.
INEC Pays a lot of people in cash, without it, this election can't hold.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by emgcee: 8:55am On Feb 15, 2023
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by wallarwallar(m): 8:56am On Feb 15, 2023
Where are those bastards praising emefele dose brainless idiot who reason thru dere hatred. If u praise emefele and blame APC for INEC not getting cash u won't smell good things for the rest of ur life. Can u imagine 10 days to general election no money and u @ expecting credible election. Majority of Nigetians expecially d brainless Obi supporters are nothing but confused people who does not know what they actually desire

3 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:57am On Feb 15, 2023
Tflex01:

Lmao

They also paid your training, transport and food allowance after election?

grin

Is INEC still doing training at this time

The headache should be on the person providing services concerning how to get his money, and not on the person paying.

Nigerians should learn how to fit into a cashless society and avoid all these unnecessary complaints

For me, if a seller/service provider doesn't have any means of getting his money from me, i move onto the next person who's ready

1 Like

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by rajiedreez: 8:57am On Feb 15, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

Mobilization of what!!! They don't need cash for shit.

This Obsession with cash is getting out of hand.

albanikeh001:

Oga what you are saying does not hold water atal. Kindly Explain what exactly they are mobilizing that can not be executed comfortably via online banking

I've been an INEC ad-hoc staff in previous elections and to some extent cash is inevitable. In most cases the monies are given for transportation and feeding. Even if you can pay for food with transfer, will you pay for transport with transfer too. INEC doesn't pay election renumeration with cash. It's only the stipends needed for staffs to navigate to RAC and for their feeding during the elections. Also cash is needed for RAC maintenance. In as much as cashless policy is good, there are many areas that still depends on cash.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Tflex01: 8:58am On Feb 15, 2023
everythinggirly:
I no fully understand, what do they need cash for?

The keke, bike etc that ad-hoc staff will use to transport themselves from RAC centers to their polling station (especially in remote areas) will only accept cash, food vendors, etc

Is it clear now?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 15, 2023
maasoap:
Haba! What do they need cash for? According to to Buhari, Emefiele and Zombiedients, we want to curb votes buying. grin grin grin

Infact, zombiedients are the worst. I have never seen such a daft followers before. Just empty skulls with their Peter Obi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Light78: 9:00am On Feb 15, 2023
maasoap:
Haba! What do they need cash for? According to to Buhari, Emefiele and Zombiedients, we want to curb votes buying. grin grin grin

Some of you Nigerians are disgusting.

I wonder why you are tagging Peter Obi fans to the crisis about the naira swap.

Buhari is the one in Charge and APC, why tagging Peter Obi?

So what you guys do now is to tag buhari's failure or what you don't like as Obedients.

You people are just insane.

There are a lot of educated illiterates on this forum. I pray they get their senses back.

1 Like

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Bluntemperor: 9:02am On Feb 15, 2023
rajiedreez:

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Chetas81(m): 9:03am On Feb 15, 2023
Ireportlive:

Tinubu would simply be unanimously declared interim President
hhhhhhhmmmmm OYO
Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 15, 2023
Tflex01:

This Naira redesign and cashless policy imbroglio has really exposed the mental and literacy level of Obi supporters.

Can you just imagine? Just sets of deluded minds.

1 Like

Re: 10 Days To Go: No Cash Yet For Elections - INEC by faceland: 9:03am On Feb 15, 2023
Unacceptable excuses. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abia Governor Ikpeazu Chilling In A Jet With Friends / Only 2 Out Of 25 Senators Who Changed Parties Will Return To Senate / Nigeria Air Is A Fraud - House Of Reps Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.