Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,779 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:14 PM

Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? (25798 Views)

Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire / So Sad Now!!! I Was Denied Visa Today / UK Grandmother Laments After Her Younger Nigerian Husband Is Denied Visa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by BATified2023: 2:35pm On Feb 17, 2023
blueghost:
Elections are by the corner vote credible people to avoid seeing shege pro max

Like for Obi Share for Tinubu
so we should vote obi n blame ourselves like anambra people later right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by Antiochus(m): 2:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
illuminutty:
Na for JJCs. Them never born that consulate that would deny me visa.

Cause you be President of Wakanda grin
Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
There was a gist I read on Twitter about a heavily pregnant woman whose Visa was accepted because the lady in charge thought she was beautiful in her pregnancy and even recommended that the baby even deserves to be born in Canada as he stands to gain a lot of privileges there......talk about grace

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by Armstrong34(m): 2:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
First and foremost the first rule that always guide me through every visa application is

"Never make irreversible plans and commitment till you get the visa on hand"

"Never concentrate or attach all your life dreams,purpose and aspiration to the success of that visa application "

" Always have back up plans from plan A to Z"

Coming from a guy who applied for a visa to the German Embassy thrice and got denied twice at the German consulate in Lagos.

I withdrawed the last application at the German Consulate in Amsterdam when I was studying in the Netherlands.

Applied to the Embassy of the Netherlands, got their MVV Visa. Lived there for 2 years.

Today I now base in the United States of America.

I remember how tears filled my eyes in 2019 after my first visa application denial by the German Consulate in Lagos..

Now let me answer the OP questions

(1). Using reference from my experience especially from visa applications to Germany

Common reasons for denials includes

No proof of sufficient finance to cover your living cost.

Your application appears inconsistent(no correlation or motivation proven between you and what you are going to study.

Poor interview, not been able to convince the visa officer that the sole purpose of the visa you are applying for would be judiciously used.

Weak letter of motivation

(2). Yes I have had my visa application rejected twice.

(3). After crying sha, I self reflected and critically analyzed my application to figure out where I went wrong and to be honest...you will always know where you missed it. Then work on improving yourself and your application because they always know that you have been denied previously which makes the next visa interview more tougher.

(4). Well it's normal to feel disappointed, it took me days to regain myself.

I told myself it's not the end of the world..

I learnt never to build Castle on the air while awaiting the outcome of a visa application.

I learnt to have back up plans.(it makes things easier when negatives outcomes occurs)

It was my back up plans that swung me to action to immediately enter the Netherlands after Germany rejected my visa application.

(5). My advise is over there at the top of my comment.

In total I have made over

6 visa applications

5 visa face to face interviews

Had 3 visa successes from the 6 visa applications

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by atdscentofwater: 2:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
Dis Nija, grin na all of us go stay here together

1 Like

Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by Kaiser20: 2:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
Naa bad government make Nigerians turn visa application to prayer request
Visa rejection is normal,it should not be a do or die affair.

2 Likes

Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by chukwuibuipob: 2:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
U move on with ur life
livenija:
Cry like bitch
Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by MadeMan01(m): 2:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
It's not do or die.
Sometimes its God preventing you from poorly timed moves. In my case I graduated 2004, applied for US visa twice in two years and was denied . I applied for Canada visa 3 times during COVID lockdown and was denied. Now I have applied for UK visa and was granted but I'm not in a hurry to go.
I have a job with valuable experience here. I will only move when I'm assured of a better standard or better level abroad.

A lot of Nigerians are struggling abroad. I hear some students sleep in library due to accomodation issues after arrangements for proof of funds. One mid level IT guy in my former offices now in UK and I was told he is cleaning stadiums after matches because he hasn't found a job

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by Babathanks(m): 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
Why are many people dumb in this country self, if you don't have anything to offer why are you splitting rubbish on this thread, if may not be useful for you but it may be useful for other people. Don't be always selfish

3 Likes

Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by 8stargeneral: 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
They said my account is not genuine....though they didn't denied me
Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by t2luv1: 2:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
livenija:
Cry like bitch

Not if the bitch is from The Bronx. She ain't crying.
Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by chukwuibuipob: 2:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
After that,u gulped/squeezed balls of Eba plus Egusisoup with ponmo chopped
obedience4:
Weep
Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by html14java(f): 2:45pm On Feb 17, 2023
Its simple.
Go home and find your PVC. No be everyone must Japa
Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by t2luv1: 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2023
PreacherTemi:
Visa rejections are not only frustrating, but they can also be devastating, especially if you've invested a lot of time, effort, and money into your application. Have you ever had your visa application rejected? If so, we would like to hear from you.

We want to start a conversation about visa rejections, the reasons why they happen, and what to do if your application is denied. Some questions to get the conversation started:

1. What are some of the common reasons for visa rejection?

2. Have you ever had your visa application rejected? If so, what was the reason given?

3. What steps did you take after your visa application was denied?

4. How did you cope with the disappointment of a visa rejection?

5. What advice would you give to someone who has just had their visa application rejected?

We hope this conversation can be a source of support and encouragement for anyone who has faced visa rejection.

Please feel free to share your thoughts, experiences, and advice in the comments below. Let's help each other navigate the visa application process and overcome the challenges that come with it."

The number one reason a Visa application gets rejected is when the examiner asks you a question and you can't look directly into the examiner's face when answering the question. To an American, that means you are lying. "Goddammit look at me in the face and answer the freaking question"

3 Likes

Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by Osense10: 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
PreacherTemi:
Visa rejections are not only frustrating, but they can also be devastating, especially if you've invested a lot of time, effort, and money into your application. Have you ever had your visa application rejected? If so, we would like to hear from you.

We want to start a conversation about visa rejections, the reasons why they happen, and what to do if your application is denied. Some questions to get the conversation started:
I get sure uk visa plug thou Dependant for women most importantly men too

2. Have you ever had your visa application rejected? If so, what was the reason given?

5. What advice would you give to someone who has just had their visa application rejected?

We hope this conversation can be a source of support and encouragement for anyone who has faced visa rejection.

Please feel free to share your thoughts, experiences, and advice in the comments below. Let's help each other navigate the visa application process and overcome the challenges that come with it."
Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by shantti(m): 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
Aust1n:
f*ck Visa rejection. Nigeria will be great again. Peter Obi is coming and we will experience a better life in a different town hall different from Bala bulu bulaba

Where is this and what is happening
Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by Osense10: 2:49pm On Feb 17, 2023
PreacherTemi:

Depending on the kind of visa you applied

Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by engrchykae(m): 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2023
Jembewon2020:
she got 3.5 instead of 4.0 and her visa was rejected.honestly it can be very disappointing.
Whats 3.5 and 4.0?
Is the interview a sort of written exam?
Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by jackpot(f): 2:51pm On Feb 17, 2023
Jembewon2020:
she got 3.5 instead of 4.0 and her visa was rejected.honestly it can be very disappointing.
Do you mean 3.5 as CGPA?
Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by chukwuibuipob: 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ogun + Amadioha will not spare Emefiele. Come see old people with walking stick sleeping outside bank just to withdraw their hard earned money
mauchiz:
Just in

The Central Bank of Nigeria has ordered banks to start collecting the old N500 and N1,000 notes from the public with immediate effect.

It, however, pegged the maximum amount the banks can collect at N500,000.

The CBN maintained that the old currencies were no more legal tender.

A source from the bank said the CBN ordered the banks to collect the monies instead of going to the CBN office following difficulties encountered in getting access to the bank.

A CBN official said, “Go to your bank but fill out the form before you go. Go with the reference code you generate. With your code, banks will collect it from you. But if it is more than 500,000, you will go to the CBN and deposit it.”

1 Like

Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by DatNaijaGuy: 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2023
Learning...
Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by chukwuibuipob: 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2023
Source/open thread on this
mauchiz:
Just in

The Central Bank of Nigeria has ordered banks to start collecting the old N500 and N1,000 notes from the public with immediate effect.

It, however, pegged the maximum amount the banks can collect at N500,000.

The CBN maintained that the old currencies were no more legal tender.

A source from the bank said the CBN ordered the banks to collect the monies instead of going to the CBN office following difficulties encountered in getting access to the bank.

A CBN official said, “Go to your bank but fill out the form before you go. Go with the reference code you generate. With your code, banks will collect it from you. But if it is more than 500,000, you will go to the CBN and deposit it.”
Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by easytig(m): 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2023
Just remove all your clothes at the embassy,be stark naked and scream I no go gree ,visa fee no be Sara money
Re: Visa Rejection: What To Do When Your Application Is Denied? by engrchykae(m): 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2023
Babathanks:
Why are many people dumb in this country self, if you don't have anything to offer why are you splitting rubbish on this thread, if may not be useful for you but it may be useful for other people. Don't be always selfish
Dont you know that Nigerians hate Nigeria?
Why on earth will a citizen want atiku,buhari or Tinubu to become president.
Those who want these demons in power can't employ them in their business yet they want them to lead Nigeria,that is treason

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Air Peace: I Feel Honoured To Evacuate Nigerians From Sudan - Allen Onyema / Couple, Driver, Three Others Die As Driver Rams Into Commercial Bus In Delta / Road Trip To Hamilton And Naigara Falls Ontario

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.