Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates (11356 Views)

Wike: Pray For Tinubu So That All The Promises He Made Will Be Kept / IPC Releases Documented 2019 Campaign Promises Of President Muhammadu Buhari / 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Racoon(m): 10:53am On Feb 17, 2023
The much-anticipated presidential election is 14 days away. The political atmosphere is getting more electrified by the day. The campaigns are nearing their climax. Eighteen political parties are expected to participate in the presidential election.

In their various campaigns, the candidates have reeled out their plans and agendas for the country if they are declared the winner by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Juxtaposing their manifestoes, TheCable highlights the plans of four leading contenders in the presidential race.

They are Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Peter Obi of the Labour Party (LP), and Rabiu Kwankwaso of New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP).

Below are their plans for transforming the country in the areas of security, education, healthcare, and the economy, among others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nr6IB4c2lI

https://www.thecable.ng/for-the-record-the-promises-of-the-four-leading-presidential-candidates/amp

1 Like

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Racoon(m): 10:54am On Feb 17, 2023
“The passion that drove people in 2015 has dissipated. The people have understood they were lied to and we have all seen the consequences of religious manipulations. The young people have become aware of this and they are asking the right questions.

The energy in this coming election is tremendous and I am excited about the energy of the young people and their attention to the country’s election.

The era of rhetorics must be put behind Nigerians and that the electorates must sieve and interrogate the presidential candidates on their ideology, plans and governance style before making their choice. ...Never again will anybody become Nigeria’s President through fake and unsubstantiated packaging.”.

"Governance is not for smooth talkers. Most smooth talkers are the 419 people who talk their ways into power...." - Festus Keyamo

11 Likes

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Massiveglory: 10:54am On Feb 17, 2023
As we go to vote ,
Who can we trust to to work his talk?
Who can we easily access?
Who carries the aura of equity, unity and accountability ?
Who has the ability to lead by example?

PODATTI ticks all these 110%.
Let's set our nation aright.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Racoon(m): 10:55am On Feb 17, 2023
I call on all Nigerians to unite our efforts in the journey of taking back our nation from the cold hands of corruption, insecurity and unproductivity. 2023 is a very critical year that will determine the next direction of our nation.

This nation cannot continue in its all round retrogressive movement in the coming years, as that will result in its total collapse. 2023 is an existential year in the history of our nation. It is a year we all must unite against the continued abuse of our nation's democracy and economy.

The power is in our hands to take back our nation, this year, and make it work. I call on Nigerians to support me in saving our nation. My commitment is securing the country, unifying the nation and moving it from consumption to production.

I call on Nigerians to hold me accountable to my promises for a better nation, when I am elected. I have made a pact with Nigerians and I will not leave any of my promises unfulfilled. Nigerians can hold me accountable by my words of promise.

I wish Nigerians a very productive 2023 and urge everyone to remain law abiding, while contributing to the growth and development of the nation. -PO
https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1609538061138014209?t=a6byNSNRvaaWg6fzeCAZ_g&s=08

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Racoon(m): 10:55am On Feb 17, 2023
Get educated to hold them responsible in due course. However, the heroine drug baron and election-bribe bullion vans criminal whose party used wicked lies and propaganda in 2014 - 15 is well known.

The economist-turned politician also gave a historical account of how APC’s manifesto was drafted in his Lagos home, but bemoaned the shared dishonesty of APC stalwarts, who rather than adhere to provisions of the document, “shamelessly jettisoned it without any form of remorse.
"I wrote APC’s manifesto -APC should be apologising not campaigning, says Utomi
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/apc-should-be-apologising-not-campaigning-says-utomi/

FACT-CHECK: Buhari, APC lied in disowning campaign document, “My Covenant With Nigerians”
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/189368-fact-check-buhari-apc-lied-in-disowning-campaign-document-my-covenant-with-nigerians.html

13 Likes

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Authority1o1(m): 11:00am On Feb 17, 2023
Okay...

Only one candidate has been telling Nigerians practical ways to solve Nigeria's many problems.

The others want you to vote them because they are the same ethnicity as you.

One even made several promises on behalf of Buhari in 2015. He has started making phony promises again, and we all know that integrity and commitment to service are alien to his life's dictionary.

34 Likes

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by jumper524(m): 11:02am On Feb 17, 2023
If I call this a biased report people would say I'm lying.
OK let's be honest, making promises ain't difficult but executing it is the main challenges.
How many of the presidential aspirants is idealogicall wired enough to generate more revenue to execute this promises they are making?
When you watch Asiwaju campaign or interview, you'll understand he so much talks on how to generate revenue.
He was in kogi state and he talked about the Ajao kuta steel the untapped potential. The lake had potential and the continuation of oil exploration in the north.
Read the promises, you'll understand that PDP has the longest promise while obi promises is the carbon copy of Nigeria old politics.
But Asiwaju promises are very less.
He knows the value of making promises and keeping to it. That's why he's more focused on the tools necessary for executing those promises.
The difference Is clear.
While other aspirants are busy promising what they didn't achieve in the past, Asiwaju is presenting to you opportunities that shouldn't be ignored again.
If your a Nigeria think again.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 17, 2023
The competition is quite tough this time.

4 major candidates
Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Dihi: 5:45am On Feb 18, 2023
Only obi can

26 Likes

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by temitope27(m): 5:45am On Feb 18, 2023
ASIWAJU is winning

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by KEVIND: 5:46am On Feb 18, 2023

15 Likes

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by html14java(f): 5:47am On Feb 18, 2023
The problem of Nigeria has remained the same in the past 4 decades so expectedly the solutions will be similar.

However, what stands Peter Obi out is sincerity of purpose and political will for diligent implementation of the solutions.

_I am here to remind you, about our drive_
❤️✍🏿

LABOUR PARTY FOR PRESIDENT!

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Zincfingers: 5:47am On Feb 18, 2023

2 Likes

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by UselessBuharist: 5:47am On Feb 18, 2023
If APC wins which I know won’t happen, within 3 months in office they will deny all they promised and say it was doctored

28 Likes

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Bupotura: 5:50am On Feb 18, 2023
All BRT money goes to Tinubu's nephew.
All market levies go to Tinubu's daughter
All billboard levies go to Tinubu's son
All taxes and tolls levies go to Tinubu

When I look at the billions Tinubu is taking home monthly just because he is Lagos ex-governor and I look at how Peter Obi rejected everything, including his gratuity, I must confess I am very tempted to vote Obi.

But then I started salivating at the possibility of

1. President Bola Tinubu in charge of the Treasury & NDLEA (to check heroin trafficking)
2. Vice President Shettima in charge of Security and Counter Terrorism (like he promised)
3. Senior Advocate Festus Keyamo as Attorney General
4. Nasir El-rufai as Minister of Defense
5. Ganduje as Minister of Finance
6. MC Oluomo as Minister for Transport
7. Adamu Garba as Minister of information

Realizing that these individuals will be part of the cabinet of a new government that will try to rescue us from 8 years of hardship imposed by APC

I hereby declare that as a professional tribal bigot and naturally wicked, utterly hopeless and irredeemable Urchin, I will vote BAT

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by ebuk4real(m): 5:50am On Feb 18, 2023
angry

We have seen the Works of PDP & APC and they epitomizes fraud. Just give us Obi-datti. The rest should go and rest please 🥺, especially the annoying urchins here.

Don't bother coming to my mention urchins before leprosy locates you ..

4 Likes

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Ireportlive: 5:52am On Feb 18, 2023
Education... Obi and Tinubu policy are good

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by CalabarPikin: 5:52am On Feb 18, 2023
Obi is the best amongst them

And the next president of Nigeria

15 Likes

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Tadaj: 5:53am On Feb 18, 2023
Please kindly help to acknowledge and report to nearest police station if found. Thanks.

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by kelly72: 5:56am On Feb 18, 2023
jumper524:
OK let's be honest, making promises ain't difficult but executing it is the main challenges.
How many of the presidential aspirants is idealogicall wired enough to generate more revenue to execute this promises they are making?
When you watch Asiwaju campaign or interview, you'll understand he so much talks on how to generate revenue.
He was in kogi state and he talked about the Ajao kuta steel the untapped potential. The lake had potential and the continuation of oil exploration in the north.
Read the promises, you'll understand that PDP has the longest promise while obi promises is the carbon copy of Nigeria old politics.
He knows the value of making promises and keeping to it. That's why he's more focused on the tools necessary for executing those promises.
The difference Is clear.
While other aspirants are busy promising what they didn't achieve in the past, Asiwaju is presenting to you opportunities that shouldn't be ignored again.

In 2015, Asiwaju promised that no undergraduate would spend more years in school than necessary. He went ahead to promise student loans.

We know what happened after his party got the office. Now he is back with more promises.

But No is the answer.

10 Likes

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by loydsis(m): 5:58am On Feb 18, 2023
APC is the worst government that happened to Nigeria,look at how people are suffering and dying just because of useless, senseless and hopeless government,I curse on anybody still supporting APC the demonic party.

1 Like

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by princeade86(m): 5:58am On Feb 18, 2023
They will deny it later. U don't see how APC denied all their promises that they are not the one did all the posters, that is masses that did it for them. Add tinubu own that said University will spend 8 years instead of four years course. He said it during oshogbo campaign.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by sirray001: 6:00am On Feb 18, 2023
jumper524:
The difference Is clear.
The ones Asiwaju promised us on behalf of APC in 2015, where are they?

5 Likes

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by AntiChristian: 6:00am On Feb 18, 2023
Beer is haram!
Even if some so called Muslims dey drink am!
Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by 07kjb: 6:03am On Feb 18, 2023
We know people making all the fake promises since the LAST 24YEARS

I BELIEVE IN PETER OBI 100%

WE ARE VOTING LABOUR PARTY THIS TIME

2 Likes

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Oddfinder002: 6:11am On Feb 18, 2023
We buy una market but una no give us CHANGE
God punish any one that want us to continue with apc
Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by AntiTerrorist: 6:12am On Feb 18, 2023
Jagaban saikashiga villa: Arewa youths mock Tinubu in tiktok video uploaded on facebook

Watch

https://www.facebook.com/100000545629085/posts/pfbid0BokV5JZcegCK4SspooUDXGrtGc9e4QMT5dpcsU61DGjKBGirijQT53zCuYfhXTLbl/?app=fbl
Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by moscow007: 6:13am On Feb 18, 2023
grin
Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Fearyourcreator: 6:14am On Feb 18, 2023
jumper524:
The difference Is clear.
Nigerians dey think deep?
Na Wetin we go chop now we dey wan see...

2 Likes

Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Oddfinder002: 6:15am On Feb 18, 2023
jumper524:
The difference Is clear.
Oga koshi jorr
We ate everything asiwaju presented to us in 2015. We accepted all his promises and candidate in 2015. And in 2019. Bro i no fit use my hand chop poison 2nd time wit my eyes closed. We no do again. Nigerians buy una market but una no give us CHANGE. From top to bottom u clannish and political fraudsters have destroyed the foundation of this country. Never again.
Re: 2023: The Promises Of The Four Leading Presidential Candidates by Fearyourcreator: 6:15am On Feb 18, 2023
ebuk4real:
angry

We have seen the Works of PDP & APC and they epitomizes fraud. Just give us Obi-datti. The rest should go and rest please 🥺, especially the annoying urchins here.

Don't bother coming to my mention urchins before leprosy locates you ..
When Obi join Labour party?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russia Demands Release Of Arrested Sailors / Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) / Jide Sanwoolu A Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.