Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,920 members, 7,848,713 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:14 AM

Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents (11435 Views)

‘Go And Prepare To Rerun In 2027’, Abiodun Tells Adebutu / “Keep Spending Old Naira” – El-Rufai Tells Kaduna Residents / Bad Roads: You’ve Not Been Fair To Ogun - Dapo Abiodun Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by Obaaderemi2: 8:57am On Feb 18, 2023
Savedday2:
Nigerians are very stubborn set of people!

You were given 3months notice to deposit your old note but, refused believing there most be extension of deadline.

If Buhari like, let him extend the deadline to the next 10years, some people will still wait for die minute.

Is only dull brains that doesn't know that El-rufai is fighting for his personal pocket.
I'm not sure you are in Nigeria. The cbn will take the old ones and refuse to issue you new notes. They've wrecked the economy. It was even because the old notes were still in circulation that things have been running quite smoothly until now.

2 Likes

Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by LotaTee: 9:02am On Feb 18, 2023
Savedday2:

You were given 3months notice to deposit your old note but, refused believing there most be extension of deadline.

If Buhari like, let him extend the deadline to the next 10years, some people will still wait for die minute.

Is only dull brains that doesn't know that El-rufai is fighting for his personal pocket.
Leave politics and think critically which I doubt you're capable of anyway. The problem is not that people didn't deposit their old notes, but that there are no new notes in circulation. The people that are feeling the brunt of this are not the politicians, just the ordinary people trying to survive.
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by TheSameGuy(m): 9:04am On Feb 18, 2023
Hypocrite
PoliciaNLand:
[b]mynd44 nlfpmod Seun Dominique
Rule 2
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by omojeesu(m): 9:33am On Feb 18, 2023
Mrmb:

Nice one, until they have enough to give in return to what we are giving them we should keep spending the naira notes at our disposal to avoid suffering. The crazy fellows who introduced the crazy policy are not affected by it, they are already out of the country enjoying themselves wherever they are, instead of destroying public properties meant to better and ease our daily affairs we should keep spending our naira notes by so doing, we are respecting the rule of law an the supreme court order....

Thank you!

Over-education, self-centeredness is troubling some of us.

So FG says go & enter fire will they?
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by Phargbemmy(m): 9:41am On Feb 18, 2023
Please dont sweat, 85% of people in here no get brain. They lack the ability to read, comprehend and use such inferences to determine what is happening within their environments.
Geopex:

See u. This policy is not helping. I deposited the old notes and no new notes was given to me. How is that balance? Small businesses are going down and u are here saying rubbish.
Is the whole process about depositing old notes alone? What about getting the new notes. Most of u are suffering and still saying nonsense here . For the fact they some people decided to keep the old notes to themselves just bcuz they are aware that no new notes will b given to them after depositing old notes. Let's the considerate pls
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by Phargbemmy(m): 9:42am On Feb 18, 2023
Thanks!
LotaTee:
Leave politics and think critically which I doubt you're capable of anyway. The problem is not that people didn't deposit their old notes, but that there are no new notes in circulation. The people that are feeling the brunt of this are not the politicians, just the ordinary people trying to survive.
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by Afamsi: 9:43am On Feb 18, 2023
Savedday2:

did you see the new note?
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by akinnux(m): 9:51am On Feb 18, 2023
You have a point but have ask yourself why the bank kept paying out the same old notes throughout the 3 months period. In other word you deposit old notes and get back old.
Savedday2:

Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by Assetosky(m): 9:56am On Feb 18, 2023
emmanuel596:
Have you noticed it's alone APC governor's and Tinubu supporters that are having heart attack over this naira redesign?

*They come online to praise the policy. They go to the ATM queue to complain about it.*
*#Hypocrites*
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:09am On Feb 18, 2023
brucelee29:

Dear, is the new naira design in your favour?
Do you have the new notes to spend?
How will you feel as humans if your hard earned money can't be used ?

If the new money design policy is to stop politicians from vote buying, why was this policy not introduced 2019 before Buhari's second term election? The bullion vans money, were they used for someone else?
Please be careful and guided
People who have ignored our needs, hide palliatives, wouldn't carry out their responsibility to make their state better cannot begin to speak for us now!!!
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by Prevailing: 10:15am On Feb 18, 2023
themomentng:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/keep-spending-old-naira-notes-eschew-violence-abiodun-tells-ogun-residents/amp/

Continue spending the old currency..... Where is the old currency. Did you give us any old currency to spend
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by Anakazo22: 10:18am On Feb 18, 2023
Savedday2:

What are you saying oga that Nigerians are stubborn...are we seeing the new naira note that was designed.... instead of you to blame the bank who have been issuing out old naira note ever since you are blaming innocent citizen.
I have deposited all my money yet I don't have the new naira note
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by hush15: 10:38am On Feb 18, 2023
themomentng:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/keep-spending-old-naira-notes-eschew-violence-abiodun-tells-ogun-residents/amp/

Eleyi dey talk too. This one wey no fit even liver run for governor if not for tinubu still dey make mouth....

Nawa o nothing Musa no go see for gate
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by tunapawizzy: 10:44am On Feb 18, 2023
As far as I am concerned, this one na former governor already. Won't win another term
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by hohafrank(m): 11:59am On Feb 18, 2023
Is this man now the president federal republic of Nigeria?
Be deceiving Ogun People.Probably he has his own CBN.
Thief.
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by ambale(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2023
Mr Eleyi I can tell you authoritatively that nobody received the old notes anymore in your state

You are just as useless and empty for 4years now, no singular project from you in majority of the state and you are here dishing out nonsense orders

You think we would cancel your mismanagement with this abi

Dey play
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by ayenale1(m): 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2023
My people don't give a mind to these govs o...they are only looking for people to drag down...anyways our darling daddy has spoken...do they think daddy will do 7am broadcast in vainsupreme court verdict wey our daddy don quash...
Re: Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents by Benjamin4388(m): 5:09pm On Feb 18, 2023
Mexyz:

Oga be it supreme court verdict or not,
Ogun state is not self sufficient, they will definitely transact with people from other states. As at yesterday evening, Lagosians are no longer collecting the old 500 and 1000 notes, even the lower courts in Lagos are not collecting the money from anyone again.
I have 1000 note with me now, tried spending it yesterday and everyone refused collecting it, in fact the woman that sells food to me everyday in Falomo there even allowed me to go away with the food I bought with the promise I pay her anytime I have enough new notes to spare that will not affect my transportation. She refused collecting the old 1000, same with bus owners and the rest.

My man i understand u but u neva get my point..normally in a sane society..supreme order supercede any other order b it the office of the president but na nigeria xo everything na jaga jaga...its upside down..and shows that u knw ur country bcuz the president wont b sanction

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is The Worst Democracy Better Than The Best Military Rule / Illuminati Card Game: Prophesy Or Conspiracy? / High Blood Pressure Test For Drivers In Sokoto State By FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.