Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out (7289 Views)

Bride Dumps Groom On Wedding Day For Being A Drop-Out / Rolling Dollar’s Children May Drop-out Of School Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by eengineer: 7:44am On Sep 13, 2011
@4real,I think you really hit on some point,I think all ladies should learn from this story,its not all that glitters that is GOLD,the guy must be involved in some shaddy deals e.g drugs, yahoo yahoo,419 etc.before the girl met him and she was really enjoying the money the guy was lavishing on her hence she doesn't even bother to scrutinize the guy properly and she might even be aware but she thought its going to be forever.I think she should try to manage the situation,she can buy laptop and pay for atleast 6month subscription(internet) the guy go get control(joke")they can hardly do meaninful thing except runs.its her cross let her learn to carry it.ly and she might even be aware but she thought its going to be forever.I think she should try to manage the situation,she can buy laptop and pay for atleast 6month subscription(internet) the guy go get control(joke")they can hardly do meaninful thing except runs.its her cross let her learn to carry it.
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:07am On Sep 13, 2011
The only problem here is that he lied to her. If she could love him when he wasn't working and his runs was paying. She should forgive the lies (at least that's the only one) and both of them should put heads together and arrange another runs(legit) that will be paying. Ofoooo
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by tEsLim(m): 8:12am On Sep 13, 2011
Well deceit is bad. Very very very bad!!!!. He shouldn't have lied about the degree. He got complexity issues from onset and was trying to present himself as who he's not.

Honestly I've dropped outta college 3 times OAU first, spent another college time in Europe, the 3rd one now which finally I'm graduating cos its the final year but dont know if I'll graduate if they do anyhow I'll do them anyhow and leave them. I may come back anytime for their cert. Cos my life is already planned without a college degree. Imagine I got my first job like 9years ago as a computer programmer and was earning very well without the degree. So I didn't need the college thing but was only tryna get it. And every time it gets boring for me or I just change my mind or have something else to pursue. And seriously at one of my businesses when I started out privately I interviewed a lot of so called graduates and was very disappointed. Took me months to finally recruit staffs for my start up company.

Only that the dude shouldn't have lied. People honestly think can't imagine I dont have an MSc. I have a private library in the house (this you can't take away from me) , I read a lot. I'll some day start hunting all the degrees maybe when I'm old and very idle. Or just do it for my kids to motivate them.

For me life is Pursuit of Happiness smiley

2 Likes

Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by Ikedonn(m): 8:41am On Sep 13, 2011
A degree has nothing to do with taking care of his family.People without university degree do get married too.Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by kpolli(m): 8:41am On Sep 13, 2011
Na the guy fault jo
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by kollymercy(m): 8:41am On Sep 13, 2011
Being a drop out is the least of their problems.

The attitude of the man is the real issue. Is he willing to help the situation??

Many drop out re way better than the educated, talking from experience.

A drop out guy running his own company earning btw 500-700k monthly, and you will never ever suspect he is a drop out while his big brother with even an MBA earns less than 50k!!

That is life!!

Tell your friend to call her husband, let them plan their life.

What is he interested in

Don't suggest he should go back to school right away, its not gonna help him psychologically.

Try to get him work if you have connections, if you cant, what business can he do??

Make sure he starts earning money first, then a lot of pt programs abound.

If the woman will be submissive and the man will cooperate, its one of the simplest problem to solve.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by Lexusgs430: 9:08am On Sep 13, 2011
all4naija:

^^^^
Why would he has to lie to her in the first case that he's a graduate whereas he's a dropout!? That is the bone of contention in this issue. The truth must be told the man has erred! He sucks! I better tell her who I am than regret things for the rest of my life. There is already a sense of cheat in the family!

Ok he has lied, would she take him to the market place and strip him naked ? How many lies have you told since your existence ? When was the last time you told a lie ? How many job interviews have you been to and lied about your experience ? How many ladies did you lie to, to consume their forbidden fruit ?
Lets face facts we all tell lies from time to time, either a big lie or a small lie !! A lie is a lie.
It is how we handle such lies, when the cat runs out of the basket !!!!
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by WaltherPPK: 9:26am On Sep 13, 2011
Some girls are asking why the lady did not request to see her man's graduation and nysc pics and I shake my head at such naivety, this shows they are not even as smart as they think.Any1 can can borrow a gown and take a pic during a convoc ceremony , same goes for nysc.Personally i dont have any matric or graduation pics because on I consider all those mere ceremonies and i left my school immidiately after defending my project and the next time I saw the place was to take my call up letter and I lost all of the pics I took during NYSC a few months after.My wife would have considered me a drop out based on their assumption.
@ poster, Your friend should also blame herself for not seeing the tale tell signs which would have been obvious.The man must have her told her a lie for fear of losing her.Let her read about Bill Gates and the rest.Infact 80% of the millionaires in nigeria are not graduates.I would rather be a rich drop out than a poor graduate.Let her give her man time to sort things out, afterall he was earning some income b4 now.Right now she should think of her family not herself alone because she married the guy becos she loves him or did she marry him because she thought he was a graduate.
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 13, 2011
He lied to get her, may be he felt without a lie, that won't be possible.But with marriage on the table women don't decipher a thing and as the bobo dey burstup that time, na paramapara.
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by Joespac(m): 11:13am On Sep 13, 2011
Would u pple please allow dis man 2 enjoy entertainmen't on tv'show's, abeg help me beg d woman 2 further ting in d right part,,.2 also remember dat wat a man can do a woman does beta,, being educated is out of family issue, wat matter's is love and care, if d woman lovs d man let her make him vitorious wit her education.
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by yogun(f): 11:19am On Sep 13, 2011
deed done, He lied and they are married, end of story, no need asking who is to blame, what's d way forward

getting back to school is not an immediate solution, if he can identify an area of interest that could bring in sometin, fine.

my word to the woman, brace up it's not the end of the world, alot of things happen in marriage and you can either stay or leave, my advice STAY, cos it is not so bad, there are woman whose family depend solely on them, you wont be the first, with time, tables might turn and he will appreciate all your efforts and sacrifice to the family,

With wisdom and good management, things will look up, i assure you.

The Lord will not put you to shame, amen
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by God2man(m): 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2011
Marriage is all about GIVING and FORGIVING. My wife once told me a lie before we got married, and i took it as if we are just human, we are prone to error, whosoever has not told a lie, should be the one to condemn the husband. So, we should learn to tolerate each other, that is what marriage is all about. Now, things are different, the truth about the degree certificate has been revealed, it takes the grace of God for the wife to stay in the union. Please and please, tread softly, the marriage is facing a STORM right now. They should come together in agreement and look unto God for a perfect solution. The husband should look at himself and think of what to do, the wife should support in whatever way or else it will be a marriage of an elephant and a rat. God bless you. God2man. tly, the marriage is facing a STORM right now. They should come together in agreement and look unto God for a perfect solution. The husband should look at himself and think of what to do, the wife should support in whatever way or else it will be a marriage of an elephant and a rat. God bless you. God2man.
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by teemon: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2011
Seun you dey sleep? shocked abeg remove this tread jare!, what do you mean(*staring at the poster*) there are so many drop out,out there that are made men so your friend can get a map and drive to hell after all when the omo boy had money they both enjoyed it
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by itiswell1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2011
Because so many people lie doesn't make it right. Of course I don't think anybody here is telling the wife not forgive her husband, but what is wrong is wrong.
The wife shd just find a way of forgiving the man and let the two of them sit down a find out the way forward. The man shd also stop showing signs of irresponsibility and find something doing. There are times we get into the valley but with persistence, we can always rise.
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by Freesia(f): 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2011
It feels bad to be lied to in such a manner
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by opeg: 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2011
hmnnhmnnnn,  such is life my dear. another story has just been added to your friends life to tell in future but all that matters now is how she is able to handle her home and how both of them can work together to achieve the best for themselves. I have experience dt before but i am not married. one should just ask for grace to forgive
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by damilolami(f): 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2011
teemon:

Seun you dey sleep? shocked abeg remove this tread jare!, what do you mean(*staring at the poster*) there are so many drop out,out there that are made men so your friend can get a map and drive to hell after all when the omo boy had money they both enjoyed it
You don't seem to understand that the issue is not the fact that he's a drop out but the fact that he lied to her for that long despite the fact that they were married. I believe marriage should be for better or worse and I believe for a successful marriage, there should be no secrets.
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by damilolami(f): 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2011
MP007:

Your friend should blame her self for not knowing this very important detail. Who dates an individual to the extent of getting married to him/her without talking about education, field of study and course work. what were you two discussing during your courtship??

How did your friend find out?
Did she confront him?
Is the poster the "reliable" source?

I think she got to know when an opportunity of an international job came up. The husband refused to take up the job which many people will die for. Imagine me getting a job that'll bring in $7k monthly. Anyway she decided to take the step and applied for his transcript which was required and BAM the bombshell. She had to confront him and to her surprise none of his family members knew yet they keep pestering the girl to use her influence to get better job for the bobo. Na wa o. Man wey get head no get cap.
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by MMM2(m): 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2011
nothing
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by alexola20(m): 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2011
@op,

why u dey put mouth for perosn family or r u the really person wey this dey happen to.I guess ur friend no even send u come NL make u come help am broadcast wetin dey happen for inside her family.

If the guy no go school/na drop out,wetin be ur own inside?
Maybe u wan make ur friend leave im man make u sef come take over,abi?
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by Ikroberts: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2011
Look into the family planing and change your husband, it is your duty to so.
and make shure that you pray all the time.
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by dayokanu(m): 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2011
Seun the owner of NL probably earns more than most of us on this site and he decided to drop out willingly despite being the best student in the whole faculty
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by ifyalways(f): 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2011
I'd be slightly surprised,tease him then laugh it off.Won't change nothing.

If the wife was so "bothered" about Degrees she should have made the effort of "confirming his grad. sch,seeing the cert" before marriage.
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by tlops(m): 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2011
it is well:

I dont have any problem with the guy being a drop out or whatever. So many drop outs there who are doing great. But please, why the deceit? The foundation of their union was based on deceit. If he could lie on something as important as that, who knows how many more things he is hidding. This is WICKEDNESS.

Someone says "my husband is a green snake under the green grass".  question?

what were you doing under the green grass urself to have met him?

She must have deceived him too by saying she loved him for who he is. Guess what this is who he is, better love it.

"2 ge 4", 4 divided by 2.

I think 9ja babes better change their I-need-a-man- to support- me mentality, otherwise lots of them will 'desperately' end up with relationships like this or worrse.
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by Burgundy(f): 8:51pm On Sep 13, 2011
There are only two issues that need to be addressed.

1. The fact that the guy is a drop out is not a crime. The only bad thing about it is that he lied about it to his wife and thus, their marriage commenced on a very shaky foundation-deceit. That's not good at all.

2. The fact also that the guy is beginning to develop an "I don't give a damn attitude" is not a good sign. The bible says that a man who cannot provide for his family is worse than an infidel.

Solution: The wife should pray and fast and be more submissive. She can't leave him. She's already in it. She should also encourage him to go back to school she should start a business for him if she can afford it. God will help her.
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2011
The issue is that the husband is a liar and a lazy man! My fiance told me from day one that he hadn't completed his degree and with that information I was able to support him in going back to school. He already had a fantastic job and was doing well but we both decided it would be better just in case he needs it in future. He recently just completed his degree and a lot of nights I had to stay up with him and help him study and do his assignments cos he was also working. Point is we were able to make a decision together cos he was truthful, all the yrs we dated family and friends kept asking why we hadn't tied the knot but we just laughed cos we had decided to wait till he gets his degree. As for your friend she should try and get him to enrol in some wkend classes and make sure he starts some work or business. I beg no food for a lazy man even the bible refers to such a man as being worse than an infidel. Degree or no degree is no excuse for laziness and one is never too old to go back to school.

1 Like

Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by IYANGBALI: 10:04pm On Sep 13, 2011
what would i do with your friend,s dirty over sieze tokunbo shoes? God forbid bad thing grin grin grin grin
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by Galaxy7: 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2011
I keep saying it,any Relationship that begins with lies is bound to collapse,the worst part of it all is that some women hardly look before leaping.
Any way,hence his educational height is not her prob,i suggest she help and get him a gud job.
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by xandy84: 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2011
I will be the last to blame the lady because i have a friend at the moment to work with a fake certificate and NYSC discharge certificate, but i will advise her to brace up to the task ahead and talk to her man and find a lasting solution to her problem, ladies, BEWARE, you never can tell the guy you called yours might just be someone different from whom you think she is
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by buzcenter: 7:34am On Sep 14, 2011
******Thant land deal is real (closing 16-09-11)***** what woman need is cash ,whether their husband is short like aki and popo , even the the husband no get head ,money first ,what are you talking about self when some people they marry snake
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by nassiwa: 8:13am On Sep 14, 2011
surely it is too late for your friend to start regretting this. She should may be help her husband start a business that will help to bring in some money.
Re: What If You Discover Your Husband Is A Drop Out by grandstar(m): 10:23am On Sep 14, 2011
Many drop outs are doing well. Some are even mega millionaires.

This man is lazy thats all. Not enterprising at all. 1 Timothy 5:8

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Describe Your Childhood In 1 Word? / He Is Married, But I’m Pregnant For Him / Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.