Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) (307 Views)

UBA Burnt And Burgled In Akwa Ibom Over Naira Scarcity (Video) / Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer / Chinedum Orji: Orji Kalu, My Dad, Gov Ikpeazu And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) by Naijalarry: 2:30am On Feb 21, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxwnbfYwUV4

Senator Orji Uzor Kalu on Monday lamented the scarcity of the naira owing to the currency redesign policy of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). He claims his family could not get enough money to cook recently.

“You can see the policy is right but I don’t keep money in my house. I am suffering,” he said during his appearance on Channels Television’s election programme The 2023 Verdict

“The other day, my house manager told my wife in Abuja that we have no money to cook food. My wife was virtually roaming around and we feed over 250 people every day. It is a problem to me and to everybody.”

The former Abia State governor is the latest in the list of high-profile politicians in the country who have rued the scarcity of banknotes following the CBN’s currency redesign policy.

While the Supreme Court ruled that the old N1,000, N500, and N200 banknotes were still valid, President Muhammadu Buhari last week only extended the usage of the N200 notes till April 10, 2023, rendering others as non-legal tenders.

The move did not go well with several governors especially those of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) who maintain that the old banknotes should be used in their states.

Weighing into the matter, Senator Kalu towed a similar line as the governors, arguing that he would have obeyed the Supreme Court’s order on the naira notes if he were the Nigerian president.

“This is why if I am in the position of the Mr President as I have told you before, I will listen to the Supreme Court judgement. The Supreme Court to me, whether they are right or wrong, Mr President should obey the law and ask his Attorney General to put a review to the Supreme Court,” the senator representing Abia North said, adding that the cash crunch won’t affect his party – APC’s – chances of winning the presidential election.

Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/20/im-suffering-kalu-laments-naira-crunch-says-his-family-could-not-cook/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Nlfpmod

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) by Nobody: 2:33am On Feb 21, 2023
Thanks to Peter Obi and Atiku!

Both don’t care about the masses and just being selfish because of their political ambition!

His Excellence, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, emphasized and reemphasized severally, on the need to extend the exchange process, but Peter and his former boss-Atiku refused.

Anyone with PDP blood running through his veins does not give a flying fvck about the masses. All they care about is the national treasury.

When you see someone invest state funds into beer parlour business while lack and decadence of infrastructure was a major challenge for Anambra, it tells you how people can be very selfish because of profit!
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) by Omihanifa: 2:36am On Feb 21, 2023
All these politicians sabi lie undecided
They are just saying all these things to whip up sentiment. That was how ebonyi governor said he doesn't even have 20k of the new note undecided

They are doing all these so that people will think the policy dey affect everybody.

If everyone is saying they don't have the new notes, then wetin happen to the 400billion that was printed?

The truth is if these monies weren't mopped up by these evil politicians, this situation won't be this bad. At least we all saw at the beginning of this year that the new notes were beginning to circulate and we were all even mocking the cbn for printing funny looking notes.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) by Zelenskyy(m): 2:37am On Feb 21, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Both don’t care about the masses and just being selfish because of their political ambition!

His Excellence, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, emphasized and reemphasized severally, on the need to extend the exchange process, but Peter and his former boss-Atiku refused.

Anyone with PDP blood running through his veins does not give a flying fvck about the masses. All they care about is the national treasury

Says a Mumucious Ūrchinous fellow...

Your Mumu never do ?

These Fire brigade Governors and the Notorious Drug Baron that they are peddling about do not give a fūck about Nigerians...

The only reason they are crying to the supreme court is because the massive amount of money that they have earmarked for Vote Buying is now as good as toilet paper...

And not because they care about you or Nigerians..

For months, Nigerian students were sitting at home and female students were even getting impregnated

Why did your Lord and saviour Thïefnubu and his Ūrchinious Governors not sue Buhari and this failed government... ?

The answer is very simple....

Their own children are studying abroad and that policy will not affect them directly

But they are now crying blood because this particular policy hit them hard and they are now watching billions of naira going down the drain

So forget about this Fire brigade "defenders of the people"

Why were they not defending the wellbeing and interests of the people for the past eight years when this failed government has been unleashing hell on Nigerians ?

You cannot support Thïefnubu and his Ūrchinious Governors on this matter and not reveal how Stupid you are

Enough is Enough: Tinubu's APC must Go

2 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) by Mcbayo(m): 2:44am On Feb 21, 2023
The loothed funds are now as useless as letter P in psychology.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) by Puremind1225: 2:46am On Feb 21, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Anyone with PDP blood running through his veins does not give a flying fvck about the masses. All they care about is the national treasury.

Keep jumping around on every thread trying to promote a dementia old man to become your President, in the name of politics, you think you are doing anybody.

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) by Nobody: 2:49am On Feb 21, 2023
Puremind1225:

Keep jumping around on every thread trying to promote a dementia old man to become your President, in the name of politics, you think you are doing anybody.

I am not perturbed by your opinion, you said worst about Buhari. Buhari is sick and will die soon, It’s almost 8 years and Buhari is still coasting.

Vote competence, and not someone who dishes out fictions and hearsay’s
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) by Moneywirer: 2:51am On Feb 21, 2023
Liar!!!!!

Even the devil himself is shocked grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) by MrColdsweat: 3:00am On Feb 21, 2023
Who gives a fucck about your family?

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) by Puremind1225: 3:07am On Feb 21, 2023
I wonder what these criminals take us for?
People like you should be publicly stoned to death, cos you lots are the reason why the country is in mess

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) by Puremind1225: 3:16am On Feb 21, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

I am not perturbed by your opinion, you said worst about Buhari. Buhari is sick and will die soon, It’s almost 8 years and Buhari is still coasting.

Vote competence, and not someone who dishes out fictions and hearsay’s

Wicked soul like you, how could you be perturbed when you have lost your conscience, you can't be normal and want to be led by a dementia old man, you lost your sanity long ago.

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) by Urheadmaster(m): 3:18am On Feb 21, 2023
Orji uzor kalu is a typical version of lia Mohamed tongue

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: My Family Could Not Cook Over Naira Scarcity (Video) by bigdammyj: 5:11am On Feb 21, 2023
My vote is for Tinubu.

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Students' Society Of Nigeria On Presidential Election / Widespread Electoral Violence: Can Tinubu Win Lagos By Force? / Police Arrest Bus Load Of Fake Soldiers, Policemen In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.