Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer (12017 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Shares A Brief Smile With His Lawyer In Court (video) / Adegboruwa: Herdsmen's Actions Illegal, Presidency Misinterpreted Constitution / Chinedum Orji: Orji Kalu, My Dad, Gov Ikpeazu And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by Metrix147: 9:13am On Dec 02, 2021
Senator representing Abia North, Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu has expressed disappointment with Barr. Ifeanyi Ejiofor, one of the counsels to the embattled leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB Nnamdi Kanu, saying the lawyer is misinforming the general public that he took pictures with IPOB leader.

While stating that he never took pictures and circulated same on twitter as being alleged by Ejiofor, the Senate Chief Whip said he fulfilled all guidelines before being granted access to Nnamdi Kanu.

In a Facebook post on Tuesday, Sen. Kalu a former Abia State Governor said the picture being circulated online was taken in 2016 during his visit to the leader of the secessionist group in Kuje prison Abuja.

He berated Ejiofor for sounding like someone who is a beneficiary of the crisis who wishes it does not end.

He said, "It has come to my notice, the statement issued by one of the counsels to Maazi Nnamdi Kanu, Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor, in which I am very disappointed in him. He rightly acknowledged that I was scheduled to visit his client and at the same time, claimed that I violated the guidelines stipulated for visiting his client. According to him, he was supposed to be present at the 2pm meeting on Monday.

"Several people, including Barrister Ejiofor, have tried to misinterpret and misinform the public about my visit to my brother, Nnamdi. I also read a report stating that I took pictures with Nnamdi and also tweeted same on my Twitter account.

"For the records, the Department of State Services (DSS) did not break any protocol during my visit as I fulfilled all the requirements expected of me before I saw Nnamdi. The DSS affirmed that I cannot see Nnamdi without the application of his lawyers which I diligently did.

"Probably, Barrister Ejiofor may have expected me to arrive at 4pm for a scheduled 2pm visit. What many people refer to as "African time" is not my style. I strictly keep to time and it is a discipline I have upheld since my childhood. I arrived the DSS headquarters at 1:50 PM ; went through the necessary protocols and met Nnamdi at 2:17 PM. I stayed with him until 2: 57 PM. Even though he asked that I stayed longer but I had to leave because of other engagements .

"During my visit to Nnamdi, I did not even take my mobile phone along and no photograph was taken. The photograph people are circulating was the one I took with him when I visited him at the Nigerian Correctional Service Medial Security Custodial Centre, Kuje in 2016 and later, his parents in 2017. My Twitter account has also been inactive .

"I don't also know if Barrister Ejiofor is aware that Nnamdi is not under compulsion to see anyone. If he didn't want to see me, he could have as well declined, but he was glad to see me and also expressed deep appreciations.

" Ejiofor's anger seems to be borne out of vexation of not being around to listen to our conversations. He sounds like someone who is a beneficiary of the crisis. People like him may not see the economic damage the Southeast is experiencing because of the weekly sit-at-home. He does not understand that people can protest in peace without disrupting economic activities and going violent. He does not understand that there are people whose livelihood solely depends on daily hustle. If you have people's interest at heart, you should as well consider their security, economic prosperity and peaceful livelihood.

"I call on Ejiofor to be patriotic, rise above primordial and pecuniary interest and put the interest of the people of the Southeast and the country first."

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/12/sen-kalu-condemns-misinterpretation-of-his-visit-by-nnamdi-kanus-lawyer-ejiofor-to-ipob-leader/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by nairavsdollars(f): 9:14am On Dec 02, 2021
Who send you message?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by Aufbauh(m): 9:15am On Dec 02, 2021
So Orji Uzor Kalu has not known that Ipob lived on unwholesome propaganda and cheap blackmail? He's a learner then.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 02, 2021
Who is asking you for all this unnecessary explanation.

Nobody send you go meet the leader of a terrorist group.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by richiemcgold: 9:26am On Dec 02, 2021
Was it not yesterday I was telling a colleague that this barrister Ejiofor talks and reveals too much?

7 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by Orangedreams: 9:36am On Dec 02, 2021
Noted OUK

Abeg check my signature jare
Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by DIKEnaWAR: 9:58am On Dec 02, 2021
MNK for no receive this attention seeker. He's just there to take pics and use as leverage in discussing or negotiating political appointments from his masters.

8 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by FreeStuffsNG: 10:02am On Dec 02, 2021
Trouble sleep, yanga go wake am.
He should just take all the insults he is getting as burden of leadership.

3 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by Elock1: 10:07am On Dec 02, 2021
angry
Nigerians need God intervention
How can people be suffering like this

And orji and his likes are there doing nothing.

Nigeria really tire me I swear

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by PrinceOfLagos: 10:07am On Dec 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by Charmingrascal(m): 10:07am On Dec 02, 2021
Lol

Kalu went to seek political relevance and support for his Presidential ambition

Truly Orjiorfor was pained because he was not present to listen to their conversation.

Also it is obvious that the picture in circulation is not a new picture.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by Dhury: 10:08am On Dec 02, 2021
Is only in Nigeria people will be associating with terrorist, fraudster, kidnapers and go free.
Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by TRUTH2020: 10:08am On Dec 02, 2021
Nnamdi Kanu na household name, associate yourself with him and get Famous

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by God1000(m): 10:08am On Dec 02, 2021
I used to hate kanu due to his Modus operandi, but I'm beginning to have a rethink.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by tara605: 10:08am On Dec 02, 2021
shocked

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 02, 2021
Should we wait for the white paper?

3 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by 4toMaStEr(m): 10:08am On Dec 02, 2021
Next please!!!!!!!
Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by SecretReporter(f): 10:09am On Dec 02, 2021
Y
Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by Peterobiisathie(f): 10:09am On Dec 02, 2021
we will never allow our Monkey to go free

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by Kobicove(m): 10:11am On Dec 02, 2021
Na who send you message in the first instance?

You just went there to chase clout undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by bcomputer101: 10:11am On Dec 02, 2021
THE QUESTION IS, WHY VISITING A TERRORIST?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by elmodee7(m): 10:11am On Dec 02, 2021
Infighting already. What will happen if they get their independent center dot Flat land? Confused idiotic pigs

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by lolu2019: 10:12am On Dec 02, 2021
So true.the lawyer doesn't want the crisis to end.hungry fowl.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 02, 2021
A king is a king
Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by Jibabs2(m): 10:13am On Dec 02, 2021
Wetin carry you go there? The lawyer sef no dey tactical.
Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by PennywysCares(m): 10:13am On Dec 02, 2021
embarassed

That one concern u
In whatever una d do make una make sure say una release our leader for us today
Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by petsey(m): 10:14am On Dec 02, 2021
Lol...
Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by BigYash: 10:14am On Dec 02, 2021
atarapa:
Should we wait for the white paper?
Of course ,but we have to set up a panel of investigation first.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by Iliya1520: 10:16am On Dec 02, 2021
na your matter be that.
Re: Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer by BABANGBALI: 10:17am On Dec 02, 2021
Guilty conscience

Eat better food ooo in case you vomit for public. Naso my friend vomit rice no meat. Na shame I carry go buy meat put on top

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmed Ubale Mai-nama Sets Court Ablaze For Dissolving His Marriage In Katsina / NNAMDI KANU'S EVIL PLOT FINALLY EXPOSED!!! SOUTH SOUTH BEWARE / Court Frees Justice Ngwuta Of Corruption Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.