Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,603 members, 7,840,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? (985 Views)

Julius Abure: Peter Obi Will Choose A Northern Muslim as Vice President / Obi And Kwankwaso May Form A Merger Ahead Of The INEC Deadline - LP Spokesperson / FFK: Babatunde Fowler Is Out, Replaced By A Northern Muslim, Just As I Predicted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:23pm On Feb 22, 2023
There is an intense battle for the expected huge northern Muslim votes by presidential candidates in this week's presidential election - Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the PDP, former Lagos State governor, senator Bola Tinubu of the APCand his former Kano state counterpart Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of the NNPP. Infact, it is believed that it was this expectation that led to Tinubu and APC's contentious Muslim/Muslim ticket.
Peter Obi of the LP is not expected to get up to 10% of the northern Muslim votes despite feilding a northern Muslim as his running mate. Peter Obi is however, expected to garner close to 80% of the Christian votes from the Southeast, Southsouth, Northcentral, Southwest, parts of the Northeast and Kaduna state in the Northwest. Obi is also expected to get some reasonable votes from northcentral and southern minority Muslims.
What do you think is the ratio of northern Muslim votes that Atiku, Tinubu and Kwankwaso will get? How will that get any of them close to Aso Rock?

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by toneroforever(m): 12:50pm On Feb 22, 2023
I need Kwankwaso to get as much votes as he can from Kano & Jigawa states. I need Atiku to get as well then Tinubu to cancel him out as necessary.
With Obi doing well in NC, grabbing 25% in some NE states as well as in Kaduna will help him. Any other thing he gets from the NW will add to his overall vote count.
SE and SS are already on lockdown for him. He is projected to get around 45% in Lagos. Coupled with his overall good showing in the SW,he is likely to get 25% in at least 3 SW states.
In the end, he'll win at first ballot.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:53pm On Feb 22, 2023
toneroforever:
I need Kwankwaso to get as much votes as he can from Kano & Jigawa states. I need Atiku to get as well then Tinubu to cancel him out as necessary.
With Obi doing well in NC, grabbing 25% in some NE states as well as in Kaduna will help him. Any other thing he gets from the NW will add to his overall vote count.
SE and SS are already on lockdown for him. He is projected to get around 45% in Lagos. Coupled with his overall good showing in the SW,he is likely to get 25% in at least 3 SW states.
In the end, he'll at first ballot.
By the grace of God, Peter Obi is Nigeria's incoming president.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FatherOfJesus: 12:54pm On Feb 22, 2023
Ratio 60:30:20

Atiku, Tinubu, kwankwaso

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:57pm On Feb 22, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
Ratio 60:30:20

Atiku, Tinubu, kwankwaso
Ok. Do you think the 60% northern Muslim votes is enough for Alhaji Atiku Abubakar to win the 2023 presidential election?
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FatherOfJesus: 12:59pm On Feb 22, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Ok. Do you think the 60% northern Muslim votes is enough for Alhaji Atiku Abubakar to win the 2023 presidential election?
Nope not enough if he cannot do well in the south and northern Christian regions
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by Neckpresser101: 1:09pm On Feb 22, 2023
45:30:25

Atiku: BAT: kwankwanso
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FreedomfromtheT: 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
Nope not enough if he cannot do well in the south and northern Christian regions
You are right. I expect Atiku to do well in these southern states: Lagos 20%, Delta 30% and Osun 25%. I also expect him to win or least score 45% in Taraba which is a predominantly Christian state.
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FreedomfromtheT: 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Ok. Do you think that is enough to catapult Atiku into Aso Rock?
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by garfield1: 1:35pm On Feb 22, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:

According to Bantu and nextiet polls that did an analysis of voting by religion up north,they projected obi to get 70% of christian votes while tinubu was projected to get 50% of Muslim votes
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by garfield1: 1:36pm On Feb 22, 2023
Neckpresser101:

No 45% 35% 20%..northern muslims prefer tinubu
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by garfield1: 1:37pm On Feb 22, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
You are right. I expect Atiku to do well in these southern states: Lagos 20%, Delta 30% and Osun 25%. I also expect him to win or least score 45% in Taraba which is a predominantly Christian state.

It will still not be enough.for him to win,he needs 70% of the north and one southern region.as it stands,he has lost the nc
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by Neckpresser101: 1:39pm On Feb 22, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Ok. Do you think that is enough to catapult Atiku into Aso Rock?

There's going to be rerun

Atiku has no chance in the south that's why he's focused on the north . If he wins better part of the north like I'm wishing him then it's going to be rerun between him and PO

Very possible
Northerners are not happy with APC at all
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by Neckpresser101: 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2023
garfield1:

No 45% 35% 20%..northern muslims prefer tinubu
right
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FreedomfromtheT: 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2023
Neckpresser101:

There's going to be rerun

Atiku has no chance in the south that's why he's focused on the north . If he wins better part of the north like I'm wishing him then it's going to be rerun between him and PO

Very possible
Northerners are not happy with APC at all
Hmmmmmmm!
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FreedomfromtheT: 1:45pm On Feb 22, 2023
garfield1:

According to Bantu and nextiet polls that did an analysis of voting by religion up north,they projected obi to get 70% of christian votes while tinubu was projected to get 50% of Muslim votes
Ok. Will the 50% northern Muslim votes coupled with the expected close to 80% Yoruba votes be enough to propel Tinubu to the presidency?
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FatherOfJesus: 1:49pm On Feb 22, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
forget Lagos, I live here.
Lagos is between Obi and Tinubu. Atiku will be lucky to get 10%
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FreedomfromtheT: 1:50pm On Feb 22, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
Ok.
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by garfield1: 1:54pm On Feb 22, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Ok. Will the 50% northern Muslim votes coupled with the expected close to 80% Yoruba votes be enough to propel Tinubu to the presidency?

It will be more than enough because 50% Muslim votes means he wins the north and the north votes will dwarf obi southern votes
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by garfield1: 1:55pm On Feb 22, 2023
FatherOfJesus:

True,atiku will perform woefully here.tinubu and obi will win him by at least 500k here
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FreedomfromtheT: 2:14pm On Feb 22, 2023
garfield1:

It will be more than enough because 50% Muslim votes means he wins the north and the north votes will dwarf obi southern votes
So you really believe that Tinubu will get 50% of northern Muslim votes when two prominent northern Muslims are on the ballot coupled with the reported disaffection of northerners with the APC government's performance.
You perhaps forgot that Peter Obi is not only winning southern votes but northern Christian votes as well. You probably also forgot that the Yoruba Christian votes will be shared between Tinubu and Obi.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by garfield1: 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
So you really believe that Tinubu will get 50% of northern Muslim votes when two prominent northern Muslims are on the ballot coupled with the disaffection on northerners with the APC government's performance.
You perhaps forgot that Peter Obi is not only winning southern votes but northern Christian votes as well. You probably also forgot that the Yoruba Christian votes will be shared between Tinubu and Obi.

Yoruba Christians will not share anything.majority will vote tinubu,do not be deceived.the mm ticket is attractive to many muslims.those northerners do not really care about good governance
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 22, 2023
garfield1:

Yoruba Christians will not share anything.majority will vote tinubu,do not be deceived.the mm ticket is attractive to many muslims.those northerners do not really care about good governance

grin
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FreedomfromtheT: 2:19pm On Feb 22, 2023
garfield1:

That is your wish. I am a Christian from one of the largest churches in Nigeria and I know the sentiments of so many Yoruba Christians against the APC's Muslim/Muslim ticket.
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by garfield1: 2:20pm On Feb 22, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
That is your wish. I am a Christian from one of the largest churches in Nigeria and I know the sentiments of Yoruba Christians against the APC's Muslim/Muslim ticket.

A lot of ss dont like igbos but may vote obi
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FreedomfromtheT: 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2023
garfield1:

A lot of ss dont like igbos but may vote obi
It is Peter Obi that is on the ballot. He is going to be the president of Nigeria not that of Igbos alone. It is not a matter of may. About 75% or more of Southsouth voters are for Peter Obi. Thank you.
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by garfield1: 2:24pm On Feb 22, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
It is Peter Obi that is on the ballot. He is going to be the president of Nigeria not that of Igbos alone. It is not a matter of may. About 75% or more of Southsouth voters are for Peter Obi. Thank you.

Not true.half of ss are against obi.he is only sure of rivers and edo.you are an Igbo man based in Lagos,talk about your tribe.leave ss for those who are from there
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FoolishBoy419: 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2023
Speaking as a Northerner with no preferred candidate here.

From most of my observations online and offline, it is likely that Atiku will take 60%, Tinubu will take 25%, Kwankwaso 10%, and Peter Obi 5% (thanks to Southern Kaduna and parts of the NE). This for the NE and NW only. Obi would do much much better in the NC.
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by kpogede77: 2:32pm On Feb 22, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
South south votes for Obi is 90%
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FreedomfromtheT: 2:40pm On Feb 22, 2023
garfield1:

Not true.half of ss are against obi.he is only sure of rivers and edo.you are an Igbo man based in Lagos,talk about your tribe.leave ss for those who are from there
That is your wish. But are you not contradicting yourself? You typed earlier that the SS may vote Obi. Now you claim more than half of them will not vote Obi. So who will they now vote for? The reasons why more than an absolute majority of Southsouth voters will vote for Obi among the three or four major contenders are not far fetched:
1. Peter Obi is a southern Christian same with most Southsoutheners,
2. Peter Obi is seen as a politician with character, capacity, competence and integrity,
3. Most Southsoutheners are Igbos, related to Igbos or intermarried with Igbos over the decades,
4. Peter Obi's wife is from AkwaIbom in the Southsouth,
5. Most Nigerians including Southsoutheners acknowledge that it is the turn of the Southeast to produce Nigeria's next president,
6. Most southern Christians detest the APC's Muslim/Muslim ticket,
7. Most southerners and those from the Northcentral region do not want to dream of another Fulani president after Buhari's eight presidency.

Sum everything together: Peter Obi is Nigeria's incoming president by God's grace.
Thank you.
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FreedomfromtheT: 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2023
kpogede77:

South south votes for Obi is 90%
Ok. I didn't want to appear to be exaggerating.
Re: What Is The Ratio Of Northern Muslim Votes For Atiku, Tinubu And Kwankwaso? by FreedomfromtheT: 2:45pm On Feb 22, 2023
FoolishBoy419:
Speaking as a Northerner with no preferred candidate here.

From most of my observations online and offline, it is likely that Atiku will take 60%, Tinubu will take 25%, Kwankwaso 10%, and Peter Obi 5% (thanks to Southern Kaduna and parts of the NE). This for the NE and NW only. Obi would do much much better in the NC.
Ok.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apc Hierarchy Are Worried That Wike May Have fatally Implicated Them. / Igboman To Become Logos Governor / Breaking News: PEPT Walks Out Apapa’s Lawyer Who Came To Represent LP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.